2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
sunnieb said:
I gave up on my hair this morning. I mean just literally threw my hands up and said F it! :lol:

One of my bantu knots came loose last night, so that section of hair has this weird flat spiral looking pattern going on. :nono:

I gathered it as best as I could, put in a flexi-8 and walked out the door. I'm so over this.

I hope ya'll are having a better hair day than I am! :)

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

OMG...I had your hair day and the exact same thing happened to me last night! It was one knot right in my crown area. I tried to split it into two knots, dampened them with a little leave-in spray and went to work with a couple of horns on my head...not my best hair day! It didn't get Hell-hot here today but just humid enough to jack up the rest of my waves. I'm pretty much done with this "hair don't"! Cheer up, my Sista, as long as there is a ponytail holder around we're golden.

sunnieb

pelohello - I've never used aphogee before, but have you done any protein treatments since 7/1, or will this be your first one?

I use a light protein (Motions CPR) every other week. :yep:

Cattypus1 - Thanks Girl! I'm sitting here now procrastinating doing a dc tonight. I need to get on it!

Guinan

Re-Branding
sunnieb said:
pelohello - I've never used aphogee before, but have you done any protein treatments since 7/1, or will this be your first one?

I use a light protein (Motions CPR) every other week. :yep:

Cattypus1 - Thanks Girl! I'm sitting here now procrastinating doing a dc tonight. I need to get on it!

Ive been doing joico kpak, that has a light protein. But the heavy protein will be my first in five mths

sunnieb

What a difference a dc makes! So glad I dc'd last night with Nexxus Humectress! My hair and I are on good terms again.

I still can't wait to relax tomorrow though! ;)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I will end my stretch next week at 9 weeks. I must say that for most part, this stretch has been a breeze thus far. I probably could go longer but I'm sticking with what works.

pelohello, very pretty style is your siggy.

sckri23

Does her hair look texlaxed cause I wanted to try texlaxing but didnt have an example of texlaxed hair

39886081.jpg

zendaya-coleman-extra-at-the-grove-los-angeles-kate-spade-carissa-dress-nina-electra-sandals-1.jpg

ETA: im hoping texlaxed hair would be healthier for me how do you get it without accidentally bone straightening the rest of your hair?

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

sckri23 said:
Does her hair look texlaxed cause I wanted to try texlaxing but didnt have an example of texlaxed hair

ETA: im hoping texlaxed hair would be healthier for me how do you get it without accidentally bone straightening the rest of your hair?

It doesnt look texlaxed to me. I think the best way to tell is when the hair is wet.

Ms. Tiki

@sckri23 This is wet texlaxed hair.

Last edited:

sunnieb

Woohoo! I can feel my scalp again!!!! :grin:

I'm so late relaxing because my day just went butt wild all of a sudden! I didn't start until around 10:00pm. :look: However, I was NOT giving up on relaxing today because I know I won't have time tomorrow or Sunday.

Everybody is asleep and I'm in deep conditioning heaven for another 20 min or so. If I don't post pics tonight, I'll get them posted tomorrow. :yep:

sharifeh

When ya'll coat your hair shaft with oil or conditioner pre relaxer , how much oil or conditioner are we talking here? is your soaked in it? for those that go to the salon, does your stylist ask why your hair is so oily. I'm just asking because it's so hard to know how much oil to put on your hair to protect it.

KaramelDiva1978

irisak Hair Buddy where are you?? I know you ended your stretch already but I want to see your face in the place! Lol! My relaxer stretch ends today at 10 weeks post and I cant believe I made it!!! Serious cause for celebration in this joint! I must say co washing and daily moisture and sealing kept my hair in tact and minimized my shedding!! Will be back to reveal.

Whats your status buddy? ;-)

Cattypus1

All loced up...
sharifeh said:
When ya'll coat your hair shaft with oil or conditioner pre relaxer , how much oil or conditioner are we talking here? is your soaked in it? for those that go to the salon, does your stylist ask why your hair is so oily. I'm just asking because it's so hard to know how much oil to put on your hair to protect it.

I usually coat it with as much PC as I would use if I was conditioning after a wash. I usually let it air dry before I begin my relaxer application otherwise it's too hard to part my hair with out breakage.

hothair

I have no idea how many weeks post I am. I believe over 8 weeks?

Just getting my hair woven. As in small cornrows for the next couple weeks.

I am now past BSL with strands touching Mbl, still working on thickness though have to admit since cutting out poo and direct heat there's been a dramatic difference.

I'm having no problems handling my ng so next relaxer would be october at the earliest.

Raspberry

sharifeh I would say stick to products with a light consistency for coating cause I coated my hair with grease + Chi silk infusion last relaxer and was underprocessed...

sunnieb

Ok buddies, my freshly relaxed hair is a total style fail today! That's what I get for relaxing at 10pm. :lol:

I'm out and about today, but I won't take any pics until I can reboot my hair with a cowash. :look:

xu93texas

Hi ladies,

I've crossed over to the other side. I did a mini BC last week! I decided I needed to have a fresh start. So I'm entering phase 2 of my hair journey all naturale! I have appointment with my new stylist next week for my official BC. She is also natural and rocks a fierce TWA.

KiWiStyle, Raspberry, baddison,
It's been great being your buddy.:grin: I'll be cheering you guys on during your stretches.

irisak

KaramelDiva1978 said:
irisak Hair Buddy where are you?? I know you ended your stretch already but I want to see your face in the place! Lol! My relaxer stretch ends today at 10 weeks post and I cant believe I made it!!! Serious cause for celebration in this joint! I must say co washing and daily moisture and sealing kept my hair in tact and minimized my shedding!! Will be back to reveal.

Whats your status buddy? ;-)

KaramelDiva1978 . I'm here girl. I made the big move and I'm in bmore now. I just flatironed it today only because I've been moving so much heavy furniture the past few days that I needed to feel like a woman lol. Otherwise its been ponytails and buns. I posted pics in the bsl challenge and the mbl 2013. And now I'm ready for a good loooong stretch. I think I might play this one by ear lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

irisak

sharifeh said:

I coat my hair to the point of greasiness lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

innerbeautyy

This may sound weird but does anyone add olive oil or castor oil as well as using the activator in their relaxer? Or will that under process your hair?

A girl on YT did this and her hair came out really nice.

sunnieb

sharifeh said:

I heavily coat my previously relaxed hair with hot six oil and vaseline. I always wear a ratty shirt while oiling and it gets spotted with oil by the time I'm done! :)

Raspberry

Hi ladies,

I've crossed over to the other side. I did a mini BC last week! I decided I needed to have a fresh start. So I'm entering phase 2 of my hair journey all naturale! I have appointment with my new stylist next week for my official BC. She is also natural and rocks a fierce TWA.

@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry, @baddison,
It's been great being your buddy.:grin: I'll be cheering you guys on during your stretches.

xu93texas

Wow girl, I must've missed some posts :lol:

Congrats and enjoy your natural hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.