Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

bebezazueta

Here's my update. My hair is slightly curled from a roller wrap. Looks like its growing back in a V Shape again. I just blunt cut it at my last touch up. SMH! Lesson learned is to leave it be & trim & wait to blunt cut when I reach my goal.

Attachments

• image-1851168411.jpg
    image-1851168411.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 90

ChocolatePie777

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Ive been noticing bubble splits or what ever you call them since ive been examining my hair more....theyre prob from the last time i blew dried my hair plus using acv incorrectlu........may cut 2-3 inches in some parts by the end of the year tostart in a good place and just s and d from there......ill be back at just bsl then

I need to re check where wl and hl are cause when i look they seem very close on my body....

And i need to get over the hair anorexia cause when i wear my hair out people be complimenting it left and right and in my mind im like wtf are they talking bout...ugh

Oh and i need to find a new wig

Last edited:

ChocolatePie777

Here's my update. My hair is slightly curled from a roller wrap. Looks like its growing back in a V Shape again. I just blunt cut it at my last touch up. SMH! Lesson learned is to leave it be & trim & wait to blunt cut when I reach my goal.

Question: when you measure your hair where do you start from.......the front of you head back...base of each section on the scalp or something else......cause i always wondered how people get measurements here and on lhc like what is in your siggy?

bebezazueta

Question: when you measure your hair where do you start from.......the front of you head back...base of each section on the scalp or something else......cause i always wondered how people get measurements here and on lhc like what is in your siggy?

I measure from my nape every time. Hope this helps!

ETA: oh I used to measure from the front hairline & that's what I had/have in my siggy. I need to update that. LOL!

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

Sheesh! Its so shiny, thick & moist!

NJoy

Here I grow again!

I joined the 2013 thread but, this one is more likely. That said, I'm in!

- Current length + hair type BSL 4a

- Regimen cowash (suave coconut, v05 Tea Therapy, MillCreek Biotin) 2x/wk, DC (homemade mix) weekly, airdry, sulfur growth mix 3x/wk)

- Plans to get to HL consistent regi, proper hydration (water), ps'g (if I can get hubby off my back about wearing my hair out), exercise, clean eating (well...clean enough eating. :look:)

- HL goal date ~ not sure so, I'll just say June 2014 (setting my birthday as my goal)

- Plans once HL is achieved ~depends on where my natural hair hangs but, for sure, I'll be doing a bun drop. :grin:

jesusislove1526

My hair is currently in medium twists in preparation for my annual flat iron on Christmas Eve. I will post pictures after it is done, so these will serve as my official start pictures. The only pictures that I have right now is of my hair banded and my current twists, but I will post them in the morning.

MsJamerican

I'm redoing my box braids (one by one, I didnt take them all out). I'm scared to post pics because my hair is not as thick and since im transitioning my ends look pathetic. Also as I'm redoing them I feel like cutting to where my natural hair stops because the thought that keeps coming to mind is: "Since I will be wearing braids for 2 years straight, Whats the point of keeping my processed ends" but then again I think "If I cut my hair now I won't make Hip Length in time"...:perplexed

Aireen

Nice starting pics, ladies! Looking forward to the progress for later on this year. I'll be sure to post mine after this my next relaxer.

ChocolatePie777, what exactly are bubble splits? Are they like splits in between a strand that are joined together to form a single strand again at both ends?

SunRai Naturals

Updates: Since I found out I am low porosity I have been using heat (via baggying for a few hours or sitting under the hooded dryer) to help my leave-in conditioner penetrate. OMG-my hair is responding so well to that. I don't have to moisturize as often and it feels stronger and softer now all of the time.

I added Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in and Garnier Fructis Leave-in conditioners to my regimen. I alternate using them. I really like how my hair responds to both products. Cantu Shea Butter gives me the protein that my hair likes. I co-wash frequently and shampoo (with sulfates) at least once a week or once every two weeks so I don't have any issues with cone build up.

I'm still protective styling and finger detangling. It works for my lifestyle and my easy to tangle, fine strand hair. I thought I was APL but it looks like I've passed that point. I'm not sure how to measure BSL on myself because my actual brastrap is at or above my armpits (lol). I took one of my braids out to do the length check.

Attachments

• Dec 2012 Back length check.jpg
    Dec 2012 Back length check.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 95

WaistLengthDreams

I'm planning on roller setting tomorrow. Starting with a hot oil treatment, shampoo, roux PC rinse, DC, and then leave-in treatment.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Wearing my Celie braids pulled up into a bunned and wrapped with a faux bun cover (phony pony bunned around my bun).

Hubby: Oh, so you're finally wearing your own hair out. :yep:

Me: Yep. :)grin:)

Aireen

Soooo I was trying to use my coconut oil to seal in moisture from the water after washing my hair... I guess kind of like a leave-in? I don't know, anyway that didn't work too well. Then I tried it on dry hair and it made my hair look pretty good but my 3rd day hair that usually looks way better is just mediocre. Meh, I guess it just re-established what I already knew, my hair looks better product free.

Fhrizzball

I dusted off my curlformers and tried them out. They only lasted a couple days but I'm sorely tempted to try out the extra wide version so I can use it for my buns and whatnot. Still don't know how I'm going to style my hair for Christmas though. May try out my last bit of KCCC I have left and hope it won't turn into a jherri curl like last go around.

regina07

Girl! You have such beautiful hair! Excellent job keeping it healthy.

jesusislove1526

My hair is currently in medium twists in preparation for my annual flat iron on Christmas Eve. I will post pictures after it is done, so these will serve as my official start pictures. The only pictures that I have right now is of my hair banded and my current twists, but I will post them in the morning.

Here are pictures of my banding and how I am going to wear my hair until Monday.

Attachments

• 12-18-12--Banding (2).jpg
    12-18-12--Banding (2).jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 12-18-12--Banding (1).jpg
    12-18-12--Banding (1).jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 12-19-12--Large Twists (2).jpg
    12-19-12--Large Twists (2).jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 107

ManiiSweetheart

This is my Ultimate goal! and i really need this thread for the motivation for the times when i want to chop it all off and start over (Like when the weather is 600 billion degrees here in Georgia :yep:) So here we go!

- Current length + hair type
Currently Grazing BSL with types 3A at the crown 3B in the middle and 3C in the back

Regimen
1. Weekly Wash with Totally Twisted Shampoo Herbal Essences
2. In Shower steam condition with Totally Twisted conditioner
3. DC with a mixture on conditioners that i dump in an empty evoo bottle with
added honey and evoo
4. Cool rinse and dry with cotton shirt
5. Massage scalp with MN/Cayenne oil/MTG mix for 5 minutes
6. Add Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave in
7. Add a layer of Elasta QP Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer
8. Seal with Whipped Shea butter
9. Braid into 5 sections and Air dry
10. Un-braid the next day and throw into a high ponytail.
11. undo ponytail every 2-3. Spray with warm water, MN scalp massage, add Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer and Shea with Shea Butter.

(But im kind of liking this french braid up do i tried today and its easy and comfortable so i might protective style like this for a while)

Plans to get to HL
so ill be practicing extreme protective protective styling (but not during spring break week lol) since im also in the Ultimate Hardcore no Heat Challenge

HL goal date
Honestly with the growth aids im using im hoping to reach by January 2014
I'm currently 9-10 inches away

- Plans once HL is achieved
Straighten my hair once and Maintain until my bangs reach HL then grow out until it cant handle it ... im really thinking about giving it away to locks of love or something.

Staring picture will be added Dec. 31st :drunk:

nyqtpy21

So I had to wait until I could get my hair straightened to post my starting pics, but here they are! Just got my hair flat ironed/trimmed at the salon today! :yep:

Attachments

• Straight Hair Dec. 2012.jpg
    Straight Hair Dec. 2012.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 103

LimitedEdition

- Current length + hair type
I am currently BSL. My hair type is mostly 3c all natural. Last relaxer was 3 years ago, permanent color was added 2 years ago. My hair is very frizzy and has dryness issues.

- Regimen
I am on a direct heat restricted regimen. I wear twist outs or roller sets mainly and I allow myself once every 3 months a blow out and flat iron.

- Plans to get to HL
I feel like if I stick with my plan I should get to HL by December 2014 with room to spare.

- HL goal date
December 2014 gives me what I think is plenty of cushion for my learning curve.

- Plans once HL is achieved
Stick to my same regimen and slowly trim until Im blunt and all the color is gone. I honestly think WSL will be my final happy length but I want to get to HL just to prove it to myself.

Inspiired

Good luck everyone!

---- Because You're Worth It ;)
Pretty please vote for me here: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/12/vote-for-the-2012-bglh-style-icon-of-the-year/ - for BGLH Icon of the Year - Jennifer :) Also please read some more previous posts: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=591027 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=622227 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=656937 Jennifer :D www.bootyfurl.co.uk