Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

-PYT

Twists complete...surprised at how many split ends I saw/destroyed...plan to dust often to get back on track. These ishts bouta be in for a while.

Anakinsmomma

Tried to do a half butt braidout. It looked like a fail when I left the house, but because of the humidity it magically became a successful fro by the time I was at work.

And "our" hair is supposed to be bad :lol:

Last edited:

Lissa0821

I have used Mizani no lye relaxer as my touchup for the last year with no issues. But this last touchup, my hair is staying so dry, at first I thought it may be the high AC in my work office so I have been bunning my hair. But I noticed when I take my bun down in the evening, my hair is moisture but after a few hours it is dry again. I have little broken hairs on my clothes and on the bathroom floor, haven't had this issue in years.

I will start using a light protein again weekly and see if that makes a difference.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Twists this week..people are commenting on them, but I actually feel kind of childish with them.. *shrugs* I may leave them in for a few more days then release them for a twistout.. perhaps this will be my go to protective style.

Any advice on how to keep them from getting smushed during sleep time? (Besides sleeping cute, lol)

Arian You can sleep in a high pony, loose bantu knots, or even wrap your twists like you would a 'doobie' on relaxed hair. All of those will give you bounce as well.

My hair perfume just came in! Smells goot!

pookaloo83 what kind did you get? I have pink sugar kisses and forget to use it most times.

pookaloo83 and divachyk Where are yall getting hair perfume?! :lick:

youwillrise My magic bullet stopped being my healthy smoothie maker and has turned into the 'hm... maybe I can mix alladis...' blender :drunk:

Storyteller

I want to do a second BC. Between pregnancy shedding AND growth; on top of me doing a terrible job of taking care of a dye job I'm over it. I just want to start over. The only thing is I'd be letting folks down. My family depends on me to "prove" to them that natural hair can grow. Blaahh..

[Rock]<<me>>[Hard place]

LunadeMiel

I had an appointment at 2:30 I got here at 2:35. It's now 3:21 and I haven't even started. I really had high hopes for this salon.

All I wanted to do is support a black salon. Sigh

Last edited:

youwillrise

i'm getting the wash & go bug. i probably do these like twice a year because it's absolute hassle for me and my hair gets all tangly...but i like the look when i do it.

((sigh))

i dont think i should, though. i'll give myself a headache after. haha

Renewed1

I bought henna and indigo to color my hair, but I'm too lazy....plus that's an all day process.

I guess I try again tomorrow.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I want to put a rinse in my hair.

I don't have time/patience for mixing up my own hendigo, but I'd rather use something natural. *sigh*

ms.tatiana

My braid out was really cute a lot of my white friends loved it, but it find myself combing my fingers in my hair to much so I'm going to just put a bun in for tomorrow

Miss AJ

NappyNelle said:
I want to put a rinse in my hair.

I don't have time/patience for mixing up my own hendigo, but I'd rather use something natural. *sigh*

What about Dominican cellophanes? Those are vegetable based.

Renewed1

I henna and indigo today. What an all day process, I'm too impatient to spend that much time on my hair.

I do LOVE the color and it did loosen up my texlax curls. But it was messy and ugh!

So henna/indigo is a miss for me.

melissa-bee

I don't think I'm gonna bother with flaxseed gel anymore, it's only ok to me. What am I gonna do with all these dern flaxseeds? I might mix them in with my yogurts.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF