WEN

JerriBlank

Oh,and i loved,loved,loved my wen fig when i was relaxed.
Now that i"m natural,something is off:sad::sad::sad::sad:
This is heartbreaking for me because wen solidified the moisture part of my regimen when i was relaxed.I figured it would be even better on my natural hair.It is still good,don't get me wrong,but not as good as it used to be.It seems like its is making little pieces of hair break off.My hair is still soft with it though,but i don't want to risk breakage.
i think i will try another one before i give up on it altogether.This blows hard:nono:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Oh,and i loved,loved,loved my wen fig when i was relaxed.
Now that i"m natural,something is off:sad::sad::sad::sad:
This is heartbreaking for me because wen solidified the moisture part of my regimen when i was relaxed.I figured it would be even better on my natural hair.It is still good,don't get me wrong,but not as good as it used to be.It seems like its is making little pieces of hair break off.My hair is still soft with it though,but i don't want to risk breakage.
i think i will try another one before i give up on it altogether.This blows hard:nono:

Do you use light protein? I'm not natural, but I would think you still need some type of protein.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I tried the WEN cleansing conditioner. It was ok. My hair didn't feel all the clean and my almost 2 months worth of new growth felt dry and rough after air drying. :nono: Definitely not a win for me.
On the beauty brains website they talk about cheap WEN alternatives and say that Suave and VO5 conditioners are good for co-washing. So this week I went to the store to get some VO5 will be trying it over the weekend or next week.

fatimablush

I loved using Wen when i was natural...it was perfect.

I hope it works as well now that i am relaxed.

I can't wait to try it again.

sokoron

does anyone use hair one as a co-wash? I think i am a bit obsessed with this stuff, bought all these products so I could become a DIYer and have found that this works best as my weekly shampoo, my cowash AND my leave in??? I am a little anxious to see how WEN works though since I love hair one... anywhoo, anyone use this stuff as a co wash, i figure no sulphates so not so bad but prob need a clarifying shampoo once in a while? do u all need to use a clarifying shampoo when using wen/hair one

chebaby

i have tried most of wen flavors and have used hair one olive oil. hair one does not even come close. its good if you never tried wen lol, but if you have id imagine it'd be a wrap.
wen fig is the best. very very moisturizing. and i didnt try the fig until after i was already in love with the sweet almond mint. they are both great. but the others i am not fond of, be it the smell or the lack of moisture for my hair.
by the way i am a 3c natural and have been using wen since i was relaxed.

Honey Bee

Aww man lucky you! I wish I could get my bf to get me on autoship as a gift. Why does your mom want to stop using Wen? Have you had a chance to try any of hers?

This stuff is the best! I am having my sister try it out this weekend. She just took her braids out and said she needed HELP with the tangles and matting. Wen to the rescue!

@ 1st bolded- I think she found it to be too expensive, which is why I'm like, ooooh, you wanna stop buying wen, but you still wanna use up my stuff?! :nono: *repeated side-eye* And, yes, I have been using hers up til this point.

@ 2nd bolded- Ain't it nice to put somebody on? My mom just gave my s-i-l a bottle to try on her and my niece. I'm so excited to see if they like it, cuz my s-i-l is soooo not into "healthy hair care." As far as I can tell, she's one of those who either gets it done, or curls it everyday. :nono: I've been trying to share good techniques/ products with her for years, but she hasn't really been interested. Now, though, my niece is old enough to do her own hair, so I wanna help her, cuz she has fine hair like our side of the family.

Muse

I tried the WEN cleansing conditioner. It was ok. My hair didn't feel all the clean and my almost 2 months worth of new growth felt dry and rough after air drying. :nono: Definitely not a win for me.
On the beauty brains website they talk about cheap WEN alternatives and say that Suave and VO5 conditioners are good for co-washing. So this week I went to the store to get some VO5 will be trying it over the weekend or next week.

Which one did you use? I use to use VO5 as a cowash and it's the best for tangles (IMO) but it does nothing for the health of my scalp. I got a lot of build up and still had to use shampoo. I want something that will eliminate shampoo for good. That's what I like about Wen it gets my hair AND scalp in order.:whipgirl:

1Aleeesha

I bought the WEN Fig and I haven't tried it yet it was taking too long to come in the mail so I went into Sally's and picked up the Hair One Olive Oil...I used it on myself and my daughters...I liked it a lot. I didn't clarify first only because I didn't have any clarifying poo and I was ready to try it immediately lol...It's a keeper and it has replaced a poo and conditioner as well as a leave-in moisturizer...I'm looking forward to trying the Fig...After I used the Olive Oil Hair One, I air dried and used my InStyler, with some serum and oil - my hair was looking,feeling and swinging right.

1Aleeesha

I finally used the Fig WEN, it was great...The only difference between the Hair One Olive Oil and the Fig WEN was that the WEN made my hair look shinier IMO. I like them both. I need a bigger bottle of WEN next time though I went through majority of that 6oz. by the time I did the first step and used some for a leave in. It's not even enough left to do anything expect maybe use it as a leave in again. IDK if I'm just heavy handed or its just a small bottle Lol

beans4reezy

Can a person use WEN in place of a shampoo AND conditioner?

also does anyone use a deep conditioner AFTER WEN?

You can. Especially with the fig. It is so moisturizing that you can wash and use a leave in and be on your merry way. I still DC afterwards though, because my hair needs all the moisture it can get. Even then, you can use WEN as the DC as well. WEN truly is your all in one product:yep:

Muse

I like the Tea tree better overall but the Fig is the most moisturizing IMHO.

Yeah same here. I used the tea tree first and I really like it. I used my fig twice now and though it is more moisturizing I felt like it left my hair frizzier than the tea tree. Go figure.

Both of them have gotten my scalp into shape though. I no longer have an itchy, painful scalp full of buildup. Wen cleared all of that away in just 2 weeks! Now when I scratch my scalp I don't get the buildup under my nails. This stuff is a miracle! I have never found a product that has done such wonderful things for my hair AND scalp, it was always either one or the other. I plan on trying the lavender one next.

JJamiah

Yeah same here. I used the tea tree first and I really like it. I used my fig twice now and though it is more moisturizing I felt like it left my hair frizzier than the tea tree. Go figure.

Both of them have gotten my scalp into shape though. I no longer have an itchy, painful scalp full of buildup. Wen cleared all of that away in just 2 weeks! Now when I scratch my scalp I don't get the buildup under my nails. This stuff is a miracle! I have never found a product that has done such wonderful things for my hair AND scalp, it was always either one or the other. I plan on trying the lavender one next.

Just to let you know Tea Tree is great for scalp and dandruff alone as an essential oil, so you can thank the Tea Tree in the Wen for that. BUt I am going to try Wen WHEN I finish my stash, I have enough to last. But I won't be purchasing any more Sulfate shampoo other than my aphogee shampoo. I am using up the ones I have so I Can get to my Sulfate Free Chocolate Soy milk shampoo then I will order Wen :) So I will keep reading how much you ladies love it :)

Muse

Just to let you know Tea Tree is great for scalp and dandruff alone as an essential oil, so you can thank the Tea Tree in the Wen for that. BUt I am going to try Wen WHEN I finish my stash, I have enough to last. But I won't be purchasing any more Sulfate shampoo other than my aphogee shampoo. I am using up the ones I have so I Can get to my Sulfate Free Chocolate Soy milk shampoo then I will order Wen :) So I will keep reading how much you ladies love it :)

I wish I would have thought of this oil a long time ago. I used the Giovanni Tea Tree clarifying poo a while ago and my scalp felt pretty good but my hair was DRY! I never used it again. I should've just went out and got the oil after that. Thanks!

Muse

I just received my lavender cleansing conditioner and hair oil. I REALLY like the hair oil. It makes my hair soft. I have never used jojoba oil on my hair though so maybe I should have before trying the other oils (coconut, olive) because I like this one. I haven't tried the conditioner yet but will do tomorrow. I am almost done with the fig and have a little less than half of the tea tree left so i want to see which of the three works best for me before I invest in the 32 oz size.

I've been using nothing but Wen as my poo and con for a few weeks now. This is a long time for me because I am a bit of a PJ. Each time I use it I am satisfied so I think this is it for me. It just makes my hair so soft! I was holding on to some products in case Wen didn't work for me but now I can let them go. I do however use separate leave ins. I don't really care for the smell of Wen products when left in so I switch between Afro Detangler and Lacio Lacio as a leave in.

Muse

Update: Just used my lavender cleansing con and I think this one wins hands down! I don't know if using the oil with this one made the difference but I didn't think it was possible for my hair to feel even better with these products. I eventually would like to collect all of the oils and I am going to purchase the 32oz lavender for sure.:grin:

Lisa

I ordered the Wen Hydrating Hair and body oil, Wen hydrating mask, and the Wen Styling Cream on December 20th and they've finally shipped today!! :woohoo2:I can't wait to try them out!!

cutenss

So I bought the WEN re-moist Rehydrating Mask in Sweet Almond Mint off Ebay. OMGosh, I :love: it too. I am so glad that I ahead and bought it. It makes my hair so soft and hydrated. Definately a keeper. When QVC has WEN on in a couple of weeks ( WEN by Chaz Dean - Hair & Body Care Friday, February 5, 2010 from 1 – 2 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m. ET. ) I am going to get on auto-delivery for the conditioner and the mask, in the Cucumber Aloe. If anyone wants to trade a 16oz new Tea Tree Conditioner for a new 16oz Cucumber Aloe, holla at yo gurl! :yep:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
The Almond Mint is :lovedrool: for me....I decided to keep using Elucence as my leave in so I won't have to repurchase the Almond Mint WEN as often...I am heavy handed :look:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I used Wen a ton i think in 08 or 09 but then stopped. I was a fig lover. I think i'm going to order a large bottle of the almond mint and get back on it. I'll be purchasing from qvc

gymfreak336

WEN is a friend of mine. I used it a lot last year. I plan on returning to it sometime in the future so I still have some stashed in my cabinet.

BlackHairDiva

I ordered the Fig Cleansing conditioner , Fig Re-moist and Fig oil. Thursday, I see a beautiful note from the mail man telling me that I can pick up the package at the post office the next day ( between 9 am and 5PM). I was at the post office at 9am ready to pick up my package, only to be told that my package was lost!:wallbash:

Saturday, same thing..package not found.:nono:

Sunday, still NOT FOUND!!!:cry:

Today again, at 9am....I went in and they found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk: Oh my gosh!!! To my surprise, the bottles are bigger. the oil is not as small as I assumed. The same with the Cleansing Conditioner. I'm so happy!!!:grin:

Can't wait to do my next WEn order!!! I just discovered there is a Fig balm