First Time Use: Gro Aut Reviews

tdwillis

I only purchased the oils and kept my regular shampoo and conditioner and experienced wonderful growth results. It does work very well. Fortunately, I did not experience any shedding.
I oil my scalp every other day and wash with sulfate-free shampoo once a week.

Last edited:
I use the Gro Aut regimen and am having good results. I brought the whole regimen except the Bhringraj oil and the coconut oil. I do use a coconut oil just not the Parachute kind. Also I mix my Mahabhringraj and my Gro Aut oils together to make them last longer and also it is just easier to apply. I have not experienced any shedding from the regimen at all. I have noticed that the growth seemed greater using the oils everyday instead of spordically like I started out doing (3x per week). Just gotta be consistent with it.

As for regimen I use the regimen RedTweety set forth for the Gro Aut products. I sometimes wash my hair twice a week and sometimes only once. Either way I use the Gro Aut regimen for three weeks out of the month. Never use heat with it. On the fourth week I use my Elasta QP regimen. This regimen includes prepooing with Humectress/Keraphix mix, clarifying with QP Bodifying poo, washing with QP poo for relaxed hair, using the NTM mask, deep conditioning with QP DPR and then using my leave in of QP H-two, coconut oil, Sunsilk Hydra TLC, and Humectress. I use a lil Surge in my temple and nape areas and seal with Castor oil and Africas Best Herbal Oil. Usually use no heat with this one either.

Also if you look into another Gro Aut thread I already gave a review of the poos and conditioner. I still basically feel the same about them.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=3332507#post3332507

Last edited:

Kimberly

I have been using the poo for about 3 weeks (started after my last relaxer)...twice a week and the three oils...I alternate and apply one each night. I noticed today that I have enough newgrowth for a relaxer. I've also been taking the vitamins. When I reorder, I'm going to also order the leave-in. That's the one point of my "regimine" that I am still pretty clueless about...just can't seem to get that nailed down.

I'm not using any other poos and, for my conditioner, I'm using Aussie Deeep with a hair mask. My hair has been coming out feeling silky and strong.

I'll add that I have not noticed any increase in shedding, however, I have been having a problem with "loose" or "falling" hair since getting my IUD in November. That's why I ordered the vites to see if they could help with that.

Shaley

Everyone keeps talking about a 'leave-in'... Is this on her website? All I saw was the shampoo, conditioner, and oils...

Can someone post the link to the leave-in or where it is on the website?

Thanks!

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I'm giving the entire line a trial run right now...currently in week two and I'm loving the way my hair feels. I started using them a week after my relaxer and I can tell that my hair is responding wonderfully...I think I'm getting some decent growth already...but I don't want to speak too soon. I'll use them for the rest of this month and then decide if they are a keeper...but honestly I think I'll stick with it...her regime is working quite well for me thus far. Although...I do use HE Break's Over leave in...and Mizani's Nigh-Time Creme for my ends.

nakialovesshoes

Do you all use the oils on wet or dry hair???

I'm in braids but I always wait until my hair has dried before I use the oils - usually the next day after I wash. I think even if my hair was out, I'd only use it on dry hair but that's just MO. HTH...

taylokc

Okay ladies, I was bord last night so I decided to wash my hair. Since the shampooes tangled my hair I decided to use them but add my Keracare hydrating afterwards this time. My breakage was less but it was still more than average for me. Should I leave her shampooes alone altogether and just use my Keracare shampoo or should I not use shampoo at all and only do conditioner washes?? Also, how do I stop this breakage?? Shuld I do a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min to get my hair back on track?? I feel lke Im losing soooo much hair.:perplexed

HERicane10

Okay ladies, I was bord last night so I decided to wash my hair. Since the shampooes tangled my hair I decided to use them but add my Keracare hydrating afterwards this time. My breakage was less but it was still more than average for me. Should I leave her shampooes alone altogether and just use my Keracare shampoo or should I not use shampoo at all and only do conditioner washes?? Also, how do I stop this breakage?? Shuld I do a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min to get my hair back on track?? I feel lke Im losing soooo much hair.:perplexed

I'm using the Gro-Aut oil only! I purchased the mahabhringraj from another vendor and opted to do without the bhringraj oil (I use the dried herbs and make a rinse). I use the amla-brahmi hair wash and the bhrinraj hair wash from this site.......AND LOOOOVE both. http://www.sandhusayurveda.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.354/.f

Shaley

Ladies who bought the bhringraj and the mahabringraj...which one smells better in your opinion?

I want to purchase the gro-aut oil and was wondering if I should get the other two as well?? Does anyone know the significant difference between the two?

morehairplease

Shaley

Ladies who bought the bhringraj and the mahabringraj...which one smells better in your opinion?

I want to purchase the gro-aut oil and was wondering if I should get the other two as well?? Does anyone know the significant difference between the two?

Bumping...

Edie

I only bought the Gro Aut oil. I bought the majabhringa oil from nature with love and made my own Bhringraj oil. I started using the oil a week after I did my first Henna treatment (3 weeks ago). I have been using it for a full week now and I must admit that after I did my second Henna treatment on Sunday, my hair dried very soft. I mixed all three oils and applied to my scalp after applying a small amount of tea tree conditioner and rubbing it on my scalp to help stimulate the scalp. I just oiled my scalp again tonight with the Gro Aut oil only and my hair is soft, shiny and does appear to hang a little longer. But that may be the effect of the henna since it does loosen the curl. But I will keep a careful watch on it and report back in a couple of weeks. I like the oil. My hair does appear to respond well to it in comparison to other oils.

4chelle

I have been using the poo for about 3 weeks (started after my last relaxer)...twice a week and the three oils...I alternate and apply one each night. I noticed today that I have enough newgrowth for a relaxer. I've also been taking the vitamins. When I reorder, I'm going to also order the leave-in. That's the one point of my "regimine" that I am still pretty clueless about...just can't seem to get that nailed down.

I'm not using any other poos and, for my conditioner, I'm using Aussie Deeep with a hair mask. My hair has been coming out feeling silky and strong.

I'll add that I have not noticed any increase in shedding, however, I have been having a problem with "loose" or "falling" hair since getting my IUD in November. That's why I ordered the vites to see if they could help with that.

Kimberly,
How are u liking the vitamins. do u notice any increased growth

Shaley

My cousin bought the gro-out oil and conditioner. I used the conditioner last weekend and I love it! I used it as a leave-in and my hair was moisturized and bouncy. I will be getting my own next week.:yep:

SilverSurfer

Ok here's is my observation after using her shampoo, conditioner and gro aut oil for 1 week:

After I shampoo and use the leave in conditioner, my head /scalp gives off a cooling sensation...kind of relaxing if you will.

I notice also that I lost 50% less hair than I normal do after wash and detangling. Before I would get about 4 quarters worth of shedding and today I got one nickel size worth of hair loss. I use the oil everyday and it's only been a week so I can not confirm any growth.

In conclusion, I do like her products that I am using and will continue to use it whether it gives me accelerated growth or not.

mystery29

I used the oil for about three weeks and then I finally washed my hair but I used Nexxus something shampoo and I would say that I got growth I would say about an inch more past shoulders. I will continue to use this on my hair once a week along with weekly washing and bunning. I would say with this regime I should be APL by May. I also need to find a better conditioner cause the one I used did not leave my hair as moist as I would have liked

Shaley

Ok here's is my observation after using her shampoo, conditioner and gro aut oil for 1 week:

After I shampoo and use the leave in conditioner, my head /scalp gives off a cooling sensation...kind of relaxing if you will.

I notice also that I lost 50% less hair than I normal do after wash and detangling. Before I would get about 4 quarters worth of shedding and today I got one nickel size worth of hair loss. I use the oil everyday and it's only been a week so I can not confirm any growth.

In conclusion, I do like her products that I am using and will continue to use it whether it gives me accelerated growth or not.

I must agree with the 50% less hair comment. I noticed this as well. I normally see several strands during the week in my comb... but after using the leave-in this weekend, my hair has shed maybe 10 hairs.. no lie.
It may be a combination of the gro-aut oil as well. I oiled my hair with that the next day.

brownsugarbaby

I used the oil for about three weeks and then I finally washed my hair but I used Nexxus something shampoo and I would say that I got growth I would say about an inch more past shoulders. I will continue to use this on my hair once a week along with weekly washing and bunning. I would say with this regime I should be APL by May. I also need to find a better conditioner cause the one I used did not leave my hair as moist as I would have liked

Hey there mystery, gotta quick ?. Did you use all three oils or just the gro-aut. Also are you saying that you've gained an inch of regrowth in the past three weeks alone or that its helped you get to about an inch past your shoulders? Either way I'm going to keep using it.

I am exactly one week today. I love everything!!! So now I'm just waiting for th magic to happen. lol

mystery29

Hey there mystery, gotta quick ?. Did you use all three oils or just the gro-aut. Also are you saying that you've gained an inch of regrowth in the past three weeks alone or that its helped you get to about an inch past your shoulders? Either way I'm going to keep using it.

I am exactly one week today. I love everything!!! So now I'm just waiting for th magic to happen. lol

I used all three oils and daily I use ORS olive oil for moisture. But I would say about an inch more within the past 3-4 weeks because I was an inch past shoulder length when I got my perm in the beginning of February when I washed my hair last Saturday it was an ich past that. I only use the oils once a week and I know this sounds bad but I hadnt even washed my hair since my perm. I need to change that habit :blush:

Last edited:

brownsugarbaby

I used all three oils and daily I use ORS olive oil for. But I would say about an inch more within the past 3-4 weeks because I was an inch past shoulder length when I got my perm in the beginning of February when I washed my hair last Saturday it was an ich past that. I only use the oils once a week and I know this sounds bad but I hadnt even washed my hair since my perm. I need to change that habit :blush:

Owww!!! Goooo Mystery!!! congrats on the success!!! Lookin' forward to progress of my own. You'll get the washing part down sooner or later. But till then Happy Hair Growing.