• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

HairHustla

Ha! It's so funny you bring this up!!! The other day, my bf said, "I can't wait til you get to 'Coming to America' lengths!" Uhhhh... hehehe Neither can I! :look:

Oh, and update y'all! I'm loving this CHL stuff, and maybe even Spirulina! As you all know I've been detoxing and feeling just AWFUL! But there is light, for sure, because today I felt awesome. I felt beautiful, my skin is so flawless and my neck looks slimmer. I don't think I've dropped any weight (or at least I haven't been trying) but maybe it's water I was retaining? Whatever, I look beautiful and I know CHL is the culprit.

I added 3 g of Spirulina in tablet form today and yesterday. My appetite was nil today and chocolate (what's that) could not tempt me. I tried LuckiestDestiny's method with the juice/water with my CHL and Spir this morning and I was the energizer bunny for the rest of the day. Didn't get hungry til lunch time and had no desire for bad foods. Go Green Team! Can't wait to see what else is in store for my body

Go on my sista, get your beauty on, that's right and just to show how happy I am for my green sistas, got a little tune for ya, wanna hear it? Here it goes:

To the tune of Rihanna's Umbrella:

Chlor-ella ella ella eh eh eh takin my chlorella-ella ella eh eh eh...Yeah girlfriend's we's gettin greeeeen!:lachen:

sheba1

Go on my sista, get your beauty on, that's right and just to show how happy I am for my green sistas, got a little tune for ya, wanna hear it? Here it goes:

Chlor-ella ella ella eh eh eh takin my chlorella-ella ella eh eh eh...Yeah girlfriend's we's gettin greeeeen!:lachen:

Thanks, HairHustla! :lachen::lachen::lachen: Girl, you are too much! Walks away, happily singing the chlorella song. :drunk:

belle_reveuse28

OMG!!!! weak!! :lachen: I love it!

belle_reveuse28

So I've been using both my CHL face cream and my body lotion for my body, and I'm noticing a nice smoother texture on my skin, as well as less cracking and burning ( I have eczema)... My skin is clearing up, looking lighter and feeling much better... I love now that I am targeting my skin from both the inside and out... HTH

Ladybelle

Hi ladies!! Glad to see we have some more people jumpin' on the green wagon and those who have stayed on are seeing some results.

My appetite has been supressed but still no extra energy... it 's been almost three weeks now, when can I expect the energy to come along??? I would love to start a consistent workout regimen and some extra energy would help a whole lot. any suggestions???

I made it through the detox (flu-like symptoms, sore throat, cough, a whole lot of mucous which seemed so abnormal & i stayed in bed the whole day saturday)

so where's that renewed, refreshed feeling that's supposed to come after detox?? Don't have it yet......

Thanks!

cherryhair123

Hey all I jus received my chlorella this morning and mixed 1tsp with warm green tea after eating an egg white omellette. So far the taste is bearable, not bad at all. And its - Source naturals Yaeyama Chlorella 3g powder. I will be taking a second dose at 6pm. Im taking this for increased hair growth and overall well being!

I have started doing the same. It's not bad in (decaf) green tea and I'm sure the green tea adds more of a benefit. Not to mention my kids don't like green tea so I don't have to worry about them drinking it up before morning.:yep:

belle_reveuse28

Hi ladies!! Glad to see we have some more people jumpin' on the green wagon and those who have stayed on are seeing some results.

My appetite has been supressed but still no extra energy... it 's been almost three weeks now, when can I expect the energy to come along??? I would love to start a consistent workout regimen and some extra energy would help a whole lot. any suggestions???

I made it through the detox (flu-like symptoms, sore throat, cough, a whole lot of mucous which seemed so abnormal & i stayed in bed the whole day saturday)

so where's that renewed, refreshed feeling that's supposed to come after detox?? Don't have it yet......

Thanks!

In my long history of working out, it's not waiting until you get the energy to do so, but rather, when you workout or exercise, your body builds up more energy and you'll have more energy... So you gotta initiate by doing the work, and you will get the energy... I did get energy from the CHL as well, but it only took like a day or two and it was almost instant... HTH

mariofmagdal

Thanks!

I think those reporting super energy have also added Spirulina. I know that is the case for me. It has been noted that those who suffer from AutoImmune conditions should research and check with their doc, as Spirulina works for some and not others experiencing the same. Glad to be a GREENIE!

PGirl

Thanks!

I got some of my energy from CHL but it really went up when I started Spirulina. Check Spirulina out and see if it's right for you!

PGirl

This is great! Chlorella is bringing out your creativity and sense of humor!!! :lachen:

Ladybelle

In my long history of working out, it's not waiting until you get the energy to do so, but rather, when you workout or exercise, your body builds up more energy and you'll have more energy... So you gotta initiate by doing the work, and you will get the energy... I did get energy from the CHL as well, but it only took like a day or two and it was almost instant... HTH

Thanks, this help somewhat. But, what do i do- -just do something even though I absolutely do not feel like it? I currently walk two miles a day at work (two laps around the bldg is a mile) but this is not enough to get the scale moving. I have seen a few pounds (3.7 so far) and I credit chlorella with that and it doesn't seem to be giving me added energy yet.

I've been reading up on spirulina so I may go ahead and try it in conjunction with chlorella. I have no illnesses that it could contradict.

mariofmagdal

Okay, oddball GREENIE here, no fair, I don't know nor have I ever heard the song, now I am gonna have to look it up! :blush:

mariofmagdal

Hi all,

I'm just updating. I've only been taking chlorella for about 2 weeks, this weekend I just upped my dose to a little over 1g from 600mg...I'm starting out slow! I also just started taking 500mg spirulina(earthwise brand) daily. Is there anything in particular we should be looking for as far as spirulina is concerned? Or is every spirulina brand pretty much ok?

My symptoms have pretty much gone away(the headaches, and that horrible feeling the first day), though I am still a little fatigued and still getting my bm's daily. I have noticed I have more bm's the more water I drink...I'm not really a big drinker in generally, especially of water. But I've been trying to drink a lot more than usual, I can notice the difference when I do.

I've been taking the source naturals yaeyama brand, and I was just looking on vitacost to see how much there's was but I noticed they had another kind of chlorella, as well as organic chlorella, is anyone taking these? I'll probably stick to the yaeyama, since it appears neither of those contain CGF, but just curious.

Finally, I mentioned in the last post that one night last week I felt like my hair grew overnight, I know my hair is still growing but I haven't seen another growth spurt like that yet. After my last hairwash on Sunday I noticed my NG is now SUPERSOFT. When I was washing my hair out I thought I still had conditioner in it because the ng was SO soft, I kept rinsing and rinsing and just realized that was just how my NG felt. I'm really liking that:grin:. Then last night I had a dream that my hair was super thick, full and long... maybe it's the chlorella...I dunno, but hope that dream comes true:grin:

Spirulina from Earthrise is a great brand because they manufacture their own. www.earthrise.com will give you great info about their process.

sheba1

Thanks, this help somewhat. But, what do i do- -just do something even though I absolutely do not feel like it? I currently walk two miles a day at work (two laps around the bldg is a mile) but this is not enough to get the scale moving. I have seen a few pounds (3.7 so far) and I credit chlorella with that and it doesn't seem to be giving me added energy yet.

I've been reading up on spirulina so I may go ahead and try it in conjunction with chlorella. I have no illnesses that it could contradict.

Hi there, Rainofglory :)

I'm certainly no expert. I can only report what's happening in my body and what I understand of detox. I'm experiencing an increase in energy but I'm still going through detox. I find that I need 9 hours of sleep per night and sometimes naps as my body continues to go through repair. I'm clearer, happier and more alert when I am awake, though. :look:

The interesting thing about detox is the symptoms are either acute and pass quickly or mild and last for a while. The concentration of whatever is causing the body to detox seems to cause this. So if you're taking 1 gram of chlorella per day, it may take several months to detox, if ever. Someone taking 20 grams of chlorella per day may detox within weeks.

My guess is 2 miles per day is plenty exercise to receive some good energy. As for chlorella, you may need to increase your amount daily or wait a bit longer before receiving an energy boost from it. I've only been taking chlorella for 1 week, but I take 15 grams per day as I'm fighting illness and overweight. I decided on this dose after reading a free online ebook written by fitness enthusiast Mike Adams. http://www.chlorellafactor.com/

Good luck, Rainofglory. Hope that energy kicks in soon!

mariofmagdal

Hi there, Rainofglory :)

I'm certainly no expert. I can only report what's happening in my body and what I understand of detox. I'm experiencing an increase in energy but I'm still going through detox. I find that I need 9 hours of sleep per night and sometimes naps as my body continues to go through repair. I'm clearer, happier and more alert when I am awake, though. :look:

The interesting thing about detox is the symptoms are either acute and pass quickly or mild and last for a while. The concentration of whatever is causing the body to detox seems to cause this. So if you're taking 1 gram of chlorella per day, it may take several months to detox, if ever. Someone taking 20 grams of chlorella per day may detox within weeks.

My guess is 2 miles per day is plenty exercise to receive some good energy. As for chlorella, you may need to increase your amount daily or wait a bit longer before receiving an energy boost from it. I've only been taking chlorella for 1 week, but I take 15 grams per day as I'm fighting illness and overweight. I decided on this dose after reading a free online ebook written by fitness enthusiast Mike Adams. http://www.chlorellafactor.com/

Good luck, Rainofglory. Hope that energy kicks in soon!

Mike Adams book is awesome!

mariofmagdal

You will enjoy the added benefits of Spirulina. Happy to be completely GREEN.

sheba1

You are absolutely right! I do not buy directly from them for the same reason. I buy from www.luckyvitamin.com

I just use their brand.

Thanks Mariofmagdal! I live in the same state as vitacost so I have to pay both taxes and shipping when I order from them. I may switch to luckyvitamin.com now since the prices are the same but no taxes.

For those that are using vitacost, though, here's a coupon code or "source code" for 5% savings PD93MWB6

CurlyMoo

Anybody that was using MT now just going to use CHL? I've not used MT in weeks, and when I do use it, I use it as a protein treatment. I can say that I got growth from it, but nothing like what LD, babydoll and others have reported, 2 inches, from CHL... I"m on month 2 now, and as it has been said it takes about 4 months to see the full effects of CHL, so I"m hoping that my days of needing to use MT are over unless I want to do a protein treatment. And another thing, I decided to use MT the other day, and my hair started shedding the next day and it wasn't before. I know that MT can make your hair shed, but I took garlic to combat that. I was just thinking out loud, but it made me think that CHL can be a much better option without the shedding and all and need to take other supplements or products to combat that... Let me know what u all think.. Thanks

I'll be staying on MT for now. At least for the next 3 months.

MrsMe

Checking in before I go to :sleep: My stomach hurts...:sad: I don't know if it's because I ate something spicy for dinner w/ the chl or if it's because I increased my dosage... (I went from 2g last week to 5g today) I drink a lot of water so that's not the issue (1.5 to 2L per day)
I'm also tired, but since I am not working, it's not really a pb. I just take naps. :yep:
BMs are turning into a darker shade of green and I'm still at one per day.

HairHustla

Hi Rain,

You hit the nail right on the hair dear, you have to just get up and do something but I will say that I feel you. I have good energy levels, I am just suffering from willpower but this week has been a good one and by me getting up and going on and exercising whether I feel like it or not, I am gaining more energy and having less fights with myself over my exercise issues. I just hate exercising but know that it is absolutely necessary for my progress. Good luck dearest. :yep:

HairHustla

Checking in before I go to :sleep: My stomach hurts...:sad: I don't know if it's because I ate something spicy for dinner w/ the chl or if it's because I increased my dosage... (I went from 2g last week to 5g today) I drink a lot of water so that's not the issue (1.5 to 2L per day)
I'm also tired, but since I am not working, it's not really a pb. I just take naps. :yep:
BMs are turning into a darker shade of green and I'm still at one per day.

I sure hope you feel better, maybe you should have gone from 2g to 3 or even 4 grams. Maybe the 5g's is too much for you to handle right now. I suggest slow progression darlin. :yep:

Jaxhair

JAXHAIR I got a reply from greenorigins:
Hi there,
I finally heard back from our chlorella suppliers, our chlorella contains 2.5g of chlorella grwoth factor per 100g. My apologies for the delay in answering your question.

Fabulous - thanks for getting this! I'll suggest he adds that info on the label too. Now I have to go back and read on the CGF bit so I can get it down to a T. Again, thanks babe!!!

this stuff is definitely putting me through a detox. my throat was sore for a few days and then i had 2 pimples pop up on my chest. i never break out anywhere except my face. chl is trying really hard to get rid of the toxins.

Good stuff - dring away girl, high water, as someone says. Water, water water... get those toxins way out!!!

Hey there! My scalp is itching like crazy, too! I wash my hair once a week and it's usually enough, but I find myself scratching all the time... I don't have dandruff and my scalp isn't dry...so it's either growing or I'm so stressed out that my body is responding in its own way... :perplexed

Surely it has to be growth (wishing, praying, lol). My scalp never has a chance to get dirty these days. There's no flaking and no dandruff, and it's not dry either. And I'm not using anything new. I hope it's growth! I hope yours is too girl, and not stress..... (((hugs))).

Update on us...

Still sooooo green! I believe the spirulina is adding to it too. Hubby got a little worried yesterday after a visit to the little boys' room but I just reassured him, lol! He had to meet an old school pal of his in the evening and had 2 pints of guiness (?sp). Came back and couldn't wait to have his green smoothie to detox the alcohol. He called me whilst on his way to get me make him some. I just add the chlor and spir to smoothies now. Plus I still get my fix eating a few too :lick:.

Now, I had a sandwich with proper bread for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday too (homemade bread, so no nasties). Mine had left over cabbage in it and some shavings of cheese and I spread peanut butter to a slice (weird combo, I know, but it was so tasty!!!). For dinner, we had spagbol but I shredded raw butternut squash to mine so I ate less spag. OMG! The discomfort I felt afterwards! I had a medium amount only, no seconds and I had a quarter of a squash there to bulk it up. I feel my stomach's shrunk and I need to adjust my portions - my eyes still deceive me. I also think the bread contributed to the discomfort. Imagine eating regular shop bought bread - yikes! Plus, in 6 weeks, I've lost 7kgs! (15.4lbs). I'm sooooo happy! I'm down one size in clothes, and I've registered to run the race for life in July (5 km)... so stoked! Now all I need to do is get off my a$$ and up my exercise levels - started running but my old knee injury got inflamed and although it's been fine these past few days, I'm being lazy. Must go for a run tomorrow!!! Somebody ask me tomorrow if I have or will be going for a run - I need help!

Anyway, HHG and stay green peeps!

Ooops, another long one, lol!

kitamay

Hi checking in this morning.

Last night, I gave my DD 1/4tsp or 1gram of chlorella in some juice she said she like it and drank the whole thing. Hopefully, I can get her to go green too. She is almost 3 y.o.

I am still having trouble with lack of exercise and not eating enough vegetables. Nobody in my house seems to eat veggies but me! lol

Ladybelle

Hi Rain,

You hit the nail right on the hair dear, you have to just get up and do something but I will say that I feel you. I have good energy levels, I am just suffering from willpower but this week has been a good one and by me getting up and going on and exercising whether I feel like it or not, I am gaining more energy and having less fights with myself over my exercise issues. I just hate exercising but know that it is absolutely necessary for my progress. Good luck dearest. :yep:

Thanks. I guess I should do as the one poster said: turn the music on and get my chlorella-ella-ella-eh-eh- eh on with some exercise!! :lachen:

Blaque*Angel

Fabulous - thanks for getting this! I'll suggest he adds that info on the label too. Now I have to go back and read on the CGF bit so I can get it down to a T. Again, thanks babe!!!

Good stuff - dring away girl, high water, as someone says. Water, water water... get those toxins way out!!!

Surely it has to be growth (wishing, praying, lol). My scalp never has a chance to get dirty these days. There's no flaking and no dandruff, and it's not dry either. And I'm not using anything new. I hope it's growth! I hope yours is too girl, and not stress..... (((hugs))).

Update on us...

Still sooooo green! I believe the spirulina is adding to it too. Hubby got a little worried yesterday after a visit to the little boys' room but I just reassured him, lol! He had to meet an old school pal of his in the evening and had 2 pints of guiness (?sp). Came back and couldn't wait to have his green smoothie to detox the alcohol. He called me whilst on his way to get me make him some. I just add the chlor and spir to smoothies now. Plus I still get my fix eating a few too :lick:.

Now, I had a sandwich with proper bread for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday too (homemade bread, so no nasties). Mine had left over cabbage in it and some shavings of cheese and I spread peanut butter to a slice (weird combo, I know, but it was so tasty!!!). For dinner, we had spagbol but I shredded raw butternut squash to mine so I ate less spag. OMG! The discomfort I felt afterwards! I had a medium amount only, no seconds and I had a quarter of a squash there to bulk it up. I feel my stomach's shrunk and I need to adjust my portions - my eyes still deceive me. I also think the bread contributed to the discomfort. Imagine eating regular shop bought bread - yikes! Plus, in 6 weeks, I've lost 7kgs! (15.4lbs). I'm sooooo happy! I'm down one size in clothes, and I've registered to run the race for life in July (5 km)... so stoked! Now all I need to do is get off my a$$ and up my exercise levels - started running but my old knee injury got inflamed and although it's been fine these past few days, I'm being lazy. Must go for a run tomorrow!!! Somebody ask me tomorrow if I have or will be going for a run - I need help!

Anyway, HHG and stay green peeps!

Ooops, another long one, lol!

your welcome dear :grin:

great progress both you and DH. wow that weight loss is great...

I'm proud of you both

and by the way i enjoy your long posts i feel the excitement radiating through my laptop screen:grin: