• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Phoenix11

Started taking Chlorella about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. The only detox symtom I've experienced is a small rash/bumps just below my ears on my jawline and partly on my neck. A group of tiny bumps or pimples. Hopefully they will go away in a weeks time.

I started off taking Source Natural Chlorella in pill form, but have decided to go with Sun Chlorella going forward. I checked out their webiste and they have a special for 1st time orders. Here's the link: http://www.sunchlorellausa.com/specials/bdo.htm They also offer an auto-ship program were they will ship out more product (at a discount) to you every month or 3 month, whichever you decide. I may sign up for this.

kitamay

I have been having regular BM's everyday since I have been on the chlorella, yesterday however, I didn't go at all. I think it is because I didn't eat very much during the day. I only ate dinner really. I upped my dosage to 7 pills or 2.8grams, I was only doing 5 pills 2 grams.

Muse

Im up to 4 pills now, which equals 2 grams of the Earthrise brand. :grin: I know I'm way behind you ladies, but I have to start slow...I have the eating habits of a typical college student and I have Crohns Disease as well. This is actually why I started in this challnge. Maybe Chlorella can help with my Crohns?? I hope so! :yep:

Don't worry it sounds like a good pace, it's not a race but I know it's kinda hard when you see so many ladies already up to 9g! You have to work with your own body and I'm glad you recognize that. You don't want any setbacks.

A few of us are taking it in hopes that it will help with chronic illnesses. I am hoping it will help with my autoimmune disease and LD and one of the other ladies are hoping to see good results with their thyroids. So I would be interested to hear if this helps with your CD.

Muse

Started taking Chlorella about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. The only detox symtom I've experienced is a small rash/bumps just below my ears on my jawline and partly on my neck. A group of tiny bumps or pimples. Hopefully they will go away in a weeks time.

I started off taking Source Natural Chlorella in pill form, but have decided to go with Sun Chlorella going forward. I checked out their webiste and they have a special for 1st time orders. Here's the link: http://www.sunchlorellausa.com/specials/bdo.htm They also offer an auto-ship program were they will ship out more product (at a discount) to you every month or 3 month, whichever you decide. I may sign up for this.

Why did you decide to switch to Sun? I was taking that and switched to SN. Were you not seeing results with SN?

Muse

I havent gone poo since I started taking this....

I feel fine tho.

:( Do i need to drink more water, i thought i was before but i dont think so noww

How long has it been since you last went? It is always a good idea to drink lots more water when detoxing. How much are you taking? You may have to cut back until your body gets used to it.

luckiestdestiny

How long has it been since you last went? It is always a good idea to drink lots more water when detoxing. How much are you taking? You may have to cut back until your body gets used to it.
Yay! Muse you're on it! You answers are tops (noticed some of your other responses to ladies's questions).

luckiestdestiny

I have taking the chlorella for 2 weeks now and I have lost 6 pounds. This is not something that I was expecting. But I am not mad about it.

Today I took it with the Naked juice Red machine...NEVER AGAIN!!!! It was horrible. I could not even stand the smell of them both mixed together. Alone the red machine is ok, but mixed NOT!!

I am sticking with the Green machine.
:pulpdance: I'm not mad at ya! That's great. Mine is about 11 and I'm not complaining and it's been over three weeks. But imagine if I could do that every month without changing anything else? I'm definitely not mad. The thing I also like is that it adjusts to everyone's bodies. There are other members who don't want to lose weight and they aren't. But those who need to are able to get those benefits.

Thanks for letting me know about the red machine. I was thinking it may not be so great with the mix as the Green machine already has Chlorella in it and was meant to compliment it so to speak. This confirms it. For my alternative to applesauce, I'm getting some green machine too.

Lebiya

YESSS ladies, I love the hair growth stories!!!

I'm at 18g, but I'm in braids sooo we'll see, it also hasnt even been a week. I will increase slowly. Since chlorella/spirullina has all the vitamins and nutrients needed for hair growth, I think I'll only use this for my hair journey and just increase my dosage to get more vitamins, instead of taking additional vitamins. I'm also using MT and MN though, and I plan to start amino fuel for the extra kick once my body adjusts to these stuff.

onelove08

Congrats ladies on the positive results thus far! Had my usual smoothie: 1 tbs spirulina powder, 6g/15 pills of chlorella, 1 egg yolk, 3/4 cup almond milk! my 4 year old daughter wants to drink the shake as well. lol! she tasted it, and said it was good.

soonergirl

Took 6grams in my naked fruit green machine this a.m feeling good.. finally noticing that my skin looks good... I cannot believe its been a month since I have taken other vitamins...

Muse

Yay! Muse you're on it! You answers are tops (noticed some of your other responses to ladies's questions).

Why thank you:grin:. I am studying this stuff like I have a paper to write on it, lol! I love how passionate everyone here seems to be about this stuff and that makes me even more passionate myself. i don't get that same passion from people in my non-cyber world when I tell them about algae. They just give me the "eww gross" face. Oh well their loss, when my health improves and my hair is flowing they'll come around:yep:

Muse

YESSS ladies, I love the hair growth stories!!!

I'm at 18g, but I'm in braids sooo we'll see, it also hasnt even been a week. I will increase slowly. Since chlorella/spirullina has all the vitamins and nutrients needed for hair growth, I think I'll only use this for my hair journey and just increase my dosage to get more vitamins, instead of taking additional vitamins. I'm also using MT and MN though, and I plan to start amino fuel for the extra kick once my body adjusts to these stuff.

Wow 18g! That's a lot starting out. How are you handling that amount? Are you taking spirulina as well, like 9g spirulina and 9g chlorella? Or is it all chlorella?

AtlantaJJ

Took 6grams in my naked fruit green machine this a.m feeling good.. finally noticing that my skin looks good... I cannot believe its been a month since I have taken other vitamins...
Have you had an apple yet today?

I'm glad to hear that you are doing good, I just ordered a bottle for my dad! What's good for my tummy is good for his, we are so similar.

This Chlorella is good stuff, it's allowing me to knock a lot of supplements straight off my list.

AtlantaJJ

What made you decide to go with Sun vs Source Natural? (I just bought a pound of the Source Naturals)

I haven't had a chance to read every thing in the thread, but I'm curious what's better about the Sun Brand.

TIA

luckiestdestiny

I'm glad to hear that you are doing good, I just ordered a bottle for my dad! What's good for my tummy is good for his, we are so similar.

This Chlorella is good stuff, it's allowing me to knock a lot of supplements straight off my list.

I'm so happy everyone is loving this stuff. I am just ecstatic too. I really mean it when I say I want to simplify my life. That includes everything, and I don't want to have to consume huge volumes of veggies, or green drinks, or vitamins to get all the stuff I need. Yes of course I want to eat right, but I don't want it to take over my WHOLE day. I want to eat some veggies and fish, take one green drink if I want to, take my chlorella and be on about my life. I'm also that way with my hair routine: as simple as possible. Don't get me wrong I want as EFFECTIVE as possible too. So I guess what I'm saying is I want a simple routine that has the most positive effect, and chlorella is providing that.

Lebiya

Wow 18g! That's a lot starting out. How are you handling that amount? Are you taking spirulina as well, like 9g spirulina and 9g chlorella? Or is it all chlorella?

Sorry I meant 16g …but Yeah, Im very dearing :grin:
At periods I have a bit of nausea and upset stomach but besides that everything is ok. I thought it would be good to go full force to get past the detox period then level it out, I may fall back to 10g just to induce my body at a slower pace. I take 16g of chlorella and 3g of spirulina, I may stop spirulina altogether just to get past the detox period then add the spirulina, amino fuels and other nutrients with chlorella, not sure yet but so far I’m up and down with chlorella -but I still try to get a bigger then usual dosage depending on how I feel.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I'm so happy everyone is loving this stuff. I am just ecstatic too. I really mean it when I say I want to simplify my life. That includes everything, and I don't want to have to consume huge volumes of veggies, or green drinks, or vitamins to get all the stuff I need. Yes of course I want to eat right, but I don't want it to take over my WHOLE day. I want to eat some veggies and fish, take one green drink if I want to, take my chlorella and be on about my life. I'm also that way with my hair routine: as simple as possible. Don't get me wrong I want as EFFECTIVE as possible too. So I guess what I'm saying is I want a simple routine that has the most positive effect, and chlorella is providing that.
You said a mouth full right here, this is exactly how I feel. I am so busy with life, I want to take care of myself in an efficient way. I wish I could stay home and juice and all that but I don't have that kind of time right now.

Thanks for this fabulous life changing information!!

luckiestdestiny

I have read that Chlorella along with Spirulina aid crohns disease. You are on tract. May you have great success!

I think someone posted an article some pages back about auto immune illnesses being helped with chlorella. It's an added plus. I know muse is auto, and so am I withGrave's disease (although a thyroid disease, it is also auto immune and can attack the eyes, in addition to my thyroid being destroyed by radioactive iodine and becoming hypo which I also hope chlorella will help with!), and then I think there are some other's here also fighting auto immune illnesses. I definitely think mariofmagdal is right you are on the right track here. Chlorella has been known to help a huge list of illnesses including cancer. I have my mom on it and she has Lupus (also auto). I wish you the best also!

luckiestdestiny

I'm curious to know how Leibya is handling it too. That amount is equivalent to about 50 grams of meat protein (if you remember the formula I posted earlier)! I know we all want more protein in our diets but...wow! Chlorella definitely has benefits but you may want to lower it, as you're starting out on the "way" high end. I think a vegetarian could get away with eating 12 and get all his/her daily requirements of protein in. But if you're not, and you aren't dealing with an illness, you may want to cut back just a bit. I know it's up to each of us to decide how much we want, though.

Never mind, See Leibya's response above. I'm not deleting, though as everyone needs to know what the protein count is like.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

With the protein benefits, I can't wait to see my results when I hit the gym. I plan to take the Chlorella and Spirulliana shakes before and after my workouts

CurliDiva

I placed my order yesterday at iHerb for both Spirulina and Chlorella powder!

I have a question...Should I just discount all of my other vitamins once I start drinking the powders or should I just use up what I have left?

Right now..........I take Omega/Flax, HSN, Garlic, Vita C, Tumeric, Biotin and a Multi.

Last edited:

soonergirl

Well if you count the 2 to 3 apples that were in my 8 ounce green machine drink this morning yes I have!! Its so easy to drink your fruits and veggies!! I will be getting my water in to today... And oh yeah no natural calm last night, and I still went this a.m... woo-wee!! I totally attribute that to water, as I drank a lot yesterday... Ladies please dont slack on water I feel we should all be drinking more than the norm for proper elimination... Thanks atlantajj....my personal prison guard of health:yep:

AtlantaJJ

I placed my order yesterday at iHerb for both Spirulina and Chlorella powder!

I have a question...Should I just discount all of my other vitamins once I start drinking the powders or should I just use up what I have left?

Right now..........I take Omega/Flax, HSN, Garlic, Vita C, Tumeric, Biotin and a Multi.
I am going to continue to take flax seed oil and use flax seeds because I consider those foods and they help with my hormones and skin. The same with Garlic, that's good for my blood. I will also take Biotin and Silica because I had a problem with alopecia at one time and I never want to have that again. I would stop or use up the vit C and the multi. I'm not sure why you are taking Tumeric.

luckiestdestiny

You said a mouth full right here, this is exactly how I feel. I am so busy with life, I want to take care of myself in an efficient way. I wish I could stay home and juice and all that but I don't have that kind of time right now.

Thanks for this fabulous life changing information!!
l0l juice all day!:lachen: Don't we all. I am really impressed with those who can, but I just don't have the patience or time.

CurliDiva

I am going to continue to take flax seed oil and use flax seeds because I consider those foods and they help with my hormones and skin. The same with Garlic, that's good for my blood. I will also take Biotin and Silica because I had a problem with alopecia at one time and I never want to have that again. I would stop or use up the vit C and the multi. I'm not sure why you are taking Tumeric.

I read about this on an alternative med site for the treatment of boils and it works! I only take Tumeric when I feel one forming and it clears right up.

yodie

No bm's yet today. Didn't take aloe last night. I'm still not regular. Hopefully I will be soon.

Tried the apple sauce method this morning. Yuck!

CurlyMoo

Update:

I am now taking 2 teaspoons of SN powder a day which I believe is 6 grams right? I started taking Chlorella at the same time as I started my menstral and the first few days are usually difficult and it was no different this time. Yesterday was difficult and had me wondering if I should detox while mentrating. But today is better no cramping. So I have to decypher which is Chlorella and which is my aunt visiting. I do have a headache (no fever and normal during the first few days of menstral) which feels equivelent to being on an airplane and adjusting to cabin pressure. Feels like my ears are clogged and itchy, temples are heavy and throbbing, eyes feel heavy and a little sore with a slight burning sensation, cheekbones are sensitive. I do feel tired and sleepy. I took my Chlorella this morning and then ate an apple. I followed up with a big green BM. Then 30 minutes later ate my regular eggs and turkey sausage breakfast with two pieces of toast.

This morning before my green mix, when I cleaned some dishes my nails felt a little thin because I accidentally bent one of them back on something. Now my nails feel a little thicker. I have not seen any difference in my hair though. My scalp feels heavy and throbbing in certain areas.

Hey, I just enhaled and noticed that my nostrals are slightly sensitive and burning. Then I realized that maybe I should check to see if my glade plug-ins are up too high. I turned them down a few days ago because I'm sensitive too them. Turns out they are both on the highest settings!! Looks like my niece struck again while my back was turned. This could be a possible culprit to some of these side effects in addition to it being that time of month. GOODNESS!

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

Yep I am taking 2 teaspoons of sn powder too and I equate it to being 6gs as well.. I hope you feel better soon.

Thankyou. I think I will take little nap to ease the pressure in my head. How long have you been at 6gs? What benefits do you notice thus far?

AtlantaJJ

My nails usually grow fast but they have taken off growing ...this is wild!! And they are so strong. That is how I can tell if something is working for me, my nails let me know right away.