Protein fillers

LaidBak

:peek:Ran Out to Sally's at lunch time :auto:and picked up a Couple Bottles......Yes I did! :yep:

After sneaking on here at Work and reading all the posts. Told myself, I gotta have it.:badgirl:

Not Only am I a PJ I am Addicted to LHCF! Help ! I need re-hab.:eek:

Thanks Alot Ladies:rolleyes:

Girl you sound just like me!! If the BSS were open now I'd be there looking for this stuff. Trips to the BSS are the only thing that can tear me up off this laptop from looking at LHCF. Its a dang shame.

ShiShiPooPoo

:peek:Ran Out to Sally's at lunch time :auto:and picked up a Couple Bottles......Yes I did! :yep:

After sneaking on here at Work and reading all the posts. Told myself, I gotta have it.:badgirl:

Not Only am I a PJ I am Addicted to LHCF! Help ! I need re-hab.:eek:

Thanks Alot Ladies:rolleyes:

Thatagirl!:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl you sound just like me!! If the BSS were open now I'd be there looking for this stuff. Trips to the BSS are the only thing that can tear me up off this laptop from looking at LHCF. Its a dang shame.

Ik. Sad Ain't it Girl?:nono: I don't even know what it's for and I'm running out the Building like a Mad Woman to buy it like they were giving it away:lachen:

Auburn

Looks strong. I wonder if it could be used as a growth aide :scratchch

ETA: yeah uh, after looking at all the ingredients, I'm going to use this as a growth aide too.

Last edited:

Mertzy

I am going to Sally's tomorrow to get it. I hope it works well for me. To the ladies that recently purchased, would you mind checking back in to tell me how it worked for you?

Transformer

Description:
Insures marvelous color results by equalizing hair porosity. Repairs protein bonds, while protecting against chemical damage. Seals color, and adds body, volume and sheen.

Directions
Apply contents to towel damp hair for 20 min. Blow excess from hair, do not rinse. Apply color as usual.

Ingredients
Aqua, hydrolyzed keratin protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, keratin amino acids, aloe barbadensis, humullus lupulus, urifica dioica, 1, 3, bix 5, 5 dimethylimidazolidine-2, 4 dione, methyl ester 4 hydrozxybenzioc acid, tetraso-dium EDTA, polysorbate-20, parfum.

la mosca

I love this stuff! I have been using it to protect my previously-relaxed hair before touch-ups. It has made a big difference in the elasticity of my hair (which I am always testing, lol!) My strands are pretty tough to break these days!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I love this stuff! I have been using it to protect my previously-relaxed hair before touch-ups. It has made a big difference in the elasticity of my hair (which I am always testing, lol!) My strands are pretty tough to break these days!

Do you just coat your previously relaxed hair with it? Then it just washes out while neutalizing?

Thanks

la mosca

Do you just coat your previously relaxed hair with it? Then it just washes out while neutalizing?

Thanks

Yes, exactly. I put it on the previously-relaxed hair, and then I seal it in with other products (e.g., oil and shine serum). It conditions and provides a layer of protection from relaxer run-off, though it eventually washes out during the neutralizing process.

LaidBak

I got mine!! I'll be DCing with it tomorrow. See, that's why I love this site. You learn something new every day.

La Mosca I love that blonde in the front of your hair (in your siggy).

LaidBak

I used this in my DC on the 17th with wonderful results. I am DCing with it again today. I saved just a little from the bottle to add to my spray leave in. Looks like this stuff is a winner. Anybody know where we can get it in bulk?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I used this in my DC on the 17th with wonderful results. I am DCing with it again today. I saved just a little from the bottle to add to my spray leave in. Looks like this stuff is a winner. Anybody know where we can get it in bulk?

How did you use it in your DC? I'm going to use it mixed with water and a lil GVP Silk Infusion in a spray bottle. I'll spray it on as a leave-in, then seal with coconut oil.

deusa80

Ok, I went to Sally's last night and bought this...now I have a few questions!

I mix my DC's with oils, would the protein filler still be affective if I added it, or should I skip the oils?

Or, could I just use it like my regular protein treatments, where I use it after my co-wash/wash and then follow up with a moisturizing DC?

I got a touch-up relaxer on saturday, on the wash before that I used MT as my protein condish because I know my hair gets a little weak from the relaxer.
I have an issue with breakage in general but of course after the relaxer my hair is still a little weak, would doing another protein treatment be too much overkill since I did one last week?

TIA!

LaidBak

How did you use it in your DC? I'm going to use it mixed with water and a lil GVP Silk Infusion in a spray bottle. I'll spray it on as a leave-in, then seal with coconut oil.

I have a hair mixing bowl. The first time I mixed half the 1.2oz bottle of the liquid with 3oz of conditioner. The mixture was still thick. That turned to be way too much, I had some left over.

This time I had a mix of left over conditioners that I was trying to use up (Kenra, Silicon Mix, Banana Brulee, etc). I mixed those together and added enough filler to liquefy the conditioner. It was the consistency of an egg, if that makes sense--Runny but still scoopable. Anyway, that's what I used. 45 heated minutes later my hair was crazy, stoopid soft and silky after I rinsed.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Glad this Thread Got Bumped Again! I have Big Plans for the Protein Filler. :scratchch

To use a capful in DC Treatments also to use either on: previously relaxed ends the next time I Self-Relax, to mix with the reconstructor prior to neutralizing or perhaps add to the Relaxer itself or maybe mix a little with my PC when I do a final rinse. I noticed it helps to lower your ph levels and equalizes porosity as well.

This product really sounds extremely versatile. But I will always follow-up with an intensive moisturizing treatment.

AtlantaJJ

I'm stalking anything pretty much with keratin in it. I'm going to hop on by to Sally's to read the ingredients...

ETA: I just picked up some today, I'm going to make my own moisture protein combo conditioner :up: This thread is right on time!

Last edited:

LaidBak

I found the 4 oz bottle at my local Sally's. I mixed some in with my DC today. I also put a smidgen in my leave in bottle.

MWilson569

What's the difference between protein fillers and like a protein treatment like DRC or Aphogee .. school me - Melissa

LaidBak

What's the difference between protein fillers and like a protein treatment like DRC or Aphogee .. school me - Melissa
From a scientific perspective I haven't the slightest idea. From a usage perspective I can tell you this: My hair is HIGHLY protein sensitive, but I can use this stuff and experience no ill effects. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This is my Wash Night. It's been one week after my 2nd Attempt at Self-Relaxing. All went well.:grin:

Tonight, I am doing my Protein Treatment. I co-washed with Mane 'N Tail Conditioner. I did a 10 under plastic cap with Giovanni Nutra-Fix Reconstructor.

I am now under my Heat Cap and I am using AO GPB and I added about a cap of Protein Filler to the AO GPB.

I will steam for about an hour with a Good Moisturizing DC. I can't wait to see how the Protein Filler Does. I am very excited about Introducing this product into my Regimen to Enhance my Protein/Moisture Balance.:yep: