Not ALL conditioners can DEEP condition!!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
walkerca said:
What would you consider silicon mix? 'Cuz I love that stuff and I use it as a DC. :perplexed
I was wondering the same thing because I dc with it too but I don't think it is one. I have to make sure to keep up with my real deep conditioners just to be on the safe side.

Desert Skye

I agree. I can see a diffrence when I attempted to deep condition with Suave instead of Keracare or Kenra. My hair does not have the same slip and my ends feel dry after rinsing.

21Trixie

Miss.Que said:
Thanks for the tip. I was under the impression that I could use any conditioner for a deep conditioning treatment. I am constantly learning new things from this site.

I thought the same thing until I tried NTM as a deep conditioner. Needless to say, the results were not the same as using it as an instant conditioner. It wasn't until then I realized not all conditioners can be used as deep conditioners.

I am glad that I used it as an instant conditioner the first time. If I hadn't, I would have thought the stuff was no good.

la flaca

Well I guess I am changing my regimen again, but is all good to me 'cause now I do not have to deep condition every week, I will do it every other week or monthly. A lot of the great conditioners don't need heat/cap so, if I am gonna have the same results anyways with it why bother!

This is a great thread, I already ordered 4 DC "the real thing":look: , so let's see how my hair will react:D

Dare~to~Dream

Just like a few others, I learned more about deep conditioning after reading Cathy Howse's book. I do use her deep conditioner exclusively but I have others. I noticed that the list in the link contains a few instant conditioners though. For example, I use Kenra's conditioner as my main moisturizing conditioner but I consider it an instant conditioner even though I may leave it on for more than five minutes. The directions do not say anything about leaving it on for a certain amount of time or using it with heat (just apply after shampoo and "rinse thoroughly" :perplexed).

Last edited:

autumnbeauty29

I have been guilty of this one:eek: Thanks for the tip! I exclusively use MaT deep conditioner and leave it in for 7-8 minutes no heat or 5 minutes under the dryer.

Amour

EEEEEEEEEEEEK it says LeKair Cholestrol is a reconstructor... well I been using this as my main deep condition staple :eek:

Ladies, is this true? Lekair is a reconstructor :perplexed ?

kboogie007

KissKiss said:
EEEEEEEEEEEEK it says LeKair Cholestrol is a reconstructor... well I been using this as my main deep condition staple :eek:

Ladies, is this true? Lekair is a reconstructor :perplexed ?
me and you girl.

Amylee said:
Can somebody please post the ingredients of Elasta QP intense fortifying conditioner ?

TIA :)

Water/aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Quatemium-18,squalane,Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Birch, Rosemary, Coltsfoot(plant), Horsetail(Plant), Lemon balm, Sage, Horse Chestnut, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Imidazolidnyl Urea,Benzophenone-4,Fragrance, FD&C yellow no.5

Amylee

destiny616 said:
Water/aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Quatemium-18,squalane,Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Birch, Rosemary, Coltsfoot(plant), Horsetail(Plant), Lemon balm, Sage, Horse Chestnut, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Imidazolidnyl Urea,Benzophenone-4,Fragrance, FD&C yellow no.5

Thank you very much Destiny :) I've been looking for the ingredients but couldn't find anything online.

It definitely seems to be a protein conditioner sine there's silk protein high on the list. I'm going to try this one :D

gissellr78

I have noticed some ladies refer to deep conditioning their hair simply by putting a regular conditioner on their hair and letting it sit for a while. Some conditioners will NEVER DEEP CONDITION your hair no matter how LONG you leave it!

Regular conditioners just work on the surface of your hair shaft --they do not penetrate it. Deep conditioners penetrate the hair shaft to provide conditioning from within. Letting a regular conditioner just sit on your hair will NEVER DEEP CONDITION your hair!

Think of this analogy: conditioner is to rinse/cellophane/henna as
deep conditioner is to permanent color/highlights.
A rinse will not permanently color your hair no matter how long you leave it on your head.

Make sure you are applying a DEEP conditioner when you want to DEEP CONDITION!

http://motowngirl.com/deep_conditioners.php
http://www.haircompounds.com/userimages/Ionproddesc.htm

I totally agree...i always check to make sure it says leave on for 15 minutes or more!!!

*Muffin*

I just think that it depends on the person. Me personally, I can't just use any old conditioner in my hair to DC it. It doesn't really improve it and over time my hair gets brittle from lack of protein. But I do know some ladies with long hair (like Yasjencon on youtube) who use plain old conditioner to DC and have grown their hair long and it still looks healthy. I guess you just have to be aware of your hair's needs.

Artemis

I just think that it depends on the person. Me personally, I can't just use any old conditioner in my hair to DC it. It doesn't really improve it and over time my hair gets brittle from lack of protein. But I do know some ladies with long hair (like Yasjencon on youtube) who use plain old conditioner to DC and have grown their hair long and it still looks healthy. I guess you just have to be aware of your hair's needs.

IMO her hair is healthy, but she does absolutely nothing to it. I think every vid I've seen of her's she's got that rag on her head. "Benign neglect" is what they call it over at LHC :lol: Regular old conditioner can work if you always keep your hair in a "bubble" world :look:

**This is not me "hating" or any of those other idiosyncracies, I'm just simply making an observation.**

That is all :)