The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zsazsa6275

Mom's side: My first cousin (who I'm sure many folks think it's because she's mixed:rolleyes:). Hers is WL, unstretched.

Dad's side: Myself and a couple of extended cousins are neck and neck. We hover around the BSL/MBL area.

There was a time in my life when I was tailbone length. I'm not trying to get it back that long but I know I can get close.

Creatividual

I have an older cousin in my family that has WL hair in locs. Out of the relaxed bunch, it's my cousin who is on here: Diya and myself that have the longest relaxed hair in my family.:grin:

motherx2esq

My cousin's hair is midback so I would have to say her hair is the longest in my family. She is only 3 days older than me!

HotRibena

My daughter who is almost 20 has type 3a/b hair that is BSL unstretched and WL stretched. She texlaxes twice a year for manageability.

jtsupanova

My baby sister has the thickestlongestprettiest hair I have ever seen on a child both relaxed and natural I have seen it up to tbl but my mom keeps it cut between apl and bs (to bad I didn't gettha gene:ohwell:). My uncle had hip lenght dreads b4 he cut them.

SilkyandSmooth

Hmmm, it'd probably be my younger cousin. She has beautiful 3b hair, which she straightens a lot. It should be MBL now. The runners up would be my older cousin (beautiful, thick 4ish APL hair), my aunt (beautiful APL dreads) and me (almost BSL).

GeorginaSparks

In my immediate family, i have the longest hair and its armpit length. Extended family, it is my cousin and her mom is white so im not counting her. lol

RegaLady

My mother has the longest hair on both sides. She has WL hair. Everyone has given up competing with her. :rolleyes:

The next length may be BS by my cousins.

I have the shortest hair on both sides!:grin:

anon123

My cousin. My mother said when she went to see her in the hospital after just having her baby that "she had hair down to her booty now." She presses her hair. No one else is even close that I can think of.

loulou82

My mother has the longest hair in my family. It hovers bw BSL and MBL. She has a simple regimen. It's usually in a bun or ponytail.

I call it the "When I remember" Regimen.

She washes it when she remembers
She moisturizes it when she remembers

That's it.

HappyHairDreams

My cousin,BSL, but it's really thin for the last couple of inches. She doesn't really know how to care for it, it just pushed on through.
My aunt had WL hair until she had her kids and decided to cut it because it would get in the way.
My grandmother also had WL until she cut it

iasade

It used to be my mother with APL until she cut it.

Now my eldest sister has APL all around and my other sister has SL. My hair is different lengths all over. I have about another 3-5 inches to SL on the front/sides/crown and it is currently about 4 inches from APL in the lower back.

BUT, I will pass them all in a couple of years.:yep:

CurlyMoo

I do not know who currently has the longest hair right now, however I do not who has consistently HAD the longest hair. My second oldest sister had hair to her hips or tailbone whichever is the longest. I just know that when she had her hair in two long braids they would bounce off the side of her butt or lower hips. lol. She looked so cute. Unfortunately she lost her hair due to an over growth of white blood cells. I forget the name of the disorder she had that made her hair fall out. :sad: She was devestated and so was I. My heart went out to her. She says that she feels that she brought it on because that was one of the things that she loved about herself and it was her pride and joy. She has beautiful hair. I remember her hair struggles with over processing, dryness, breakage and coloring. I would beg her to wear it down more often but she would not do it. She was always moisterizing her hair, it was so funny to watch. People would accuse her of having a weave. :nono: She used a lot of Elasta PQ products which I hated. I found something else that worked for me. Her hair has grown back and is now shoulder length. I love my sister, very sweet person. :yep: She and the kids have moved to Colorado Springs.

CurlyMoo

all of my father's aunts, none are alive now, had hair that was pass knee or ankle length. my dad said when he was younger, they rarely did anything special with their hair. they just would apply castor oil daily and let the sun do its thing. don't I wish!!:spinning:
--------------------------------------------

The same with my aunts from my fathers side. He said that they would wash their hair with captured rain water and just apply olive oil. They would leave a bucket out when it rained and it would fill up. I did the same thing. :grin:

Pheonixx

The person with the longest hair in my family was my grandmother (paternal) (RIP 1980). I've seen old pics of her and her hair was near waist length. I was told by my aunts that her sisters had long hair as well.

My mother has always had hair. She grew her relaxer out yrs ago. NOw she's natural and her hair is just a thick cloud of beauty.
She has a short fro right now but the longest I've seen it was around the ends of her shoulder blade (relaxed).
I swear she does absolutely NOTHING to it but wash it---and it is gorgeous. I really can't place her hair type. I suppose she's a 4 but she has no real kink. She has 'wiry waves'. Strange.

Of my cousins 1 has Midback length. But most of us are bouncing around the SL and APL area.
Some of my fam just can't grow at all...God bless them. I think it's because they don't know how to care for a relaxed style. ecause even the males in my fam have hair.
There is no such thing as male pattern baldness--unless you're an inlaw or past say, the third generation (everybody after that is just 'watered down').
So...lord knows hair-growin' is in our genes.

hothair

Waist length - my dad's sisters - my half sister had brastrap length till her teens then it all went away:perplexed Mum was always shoulder length or shorter and her sister was a bit longer almost to APL. I've never been longer than shoulder though

vestaluv1

Waist Length...(From the family that I know of or have met), my cousin on my mums side has the longest hair in my family. She is almost waistlength, unstretched.

cmesweet

One of my cousins had tail bone length hair. I don't know if she was relaxed or pressed, but it was long. No one else in our family had hair that long.

As for my immediate family, I have the longest hair.

The person with the longest hair in my family is my youngest daughter whom is mid back and creeping to waist length. I follow her with almost bra strap hair. I have always had the longest hair in my family with the exception of a cousin that cut her hair every time it would reach shoulder length.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I think it would have to be my youngest cousin.....she's going to be 10 soon and her hair is WL when straightened and all her mother does is wash, condition, grease and braid it weekly.

My mother's hair was WL when she was younger and before she started relaxing. It still grows very fast but for some reason she doesn't let it get past SL much or else she's not practicing proper hair care.

Jadore_tay

i voted beyond tailbone my uncle, great grandmother, and 2 of my cousins on my mother side have beyond tailbone hair. They are Indian though but my 2 cousins are mixed.