What's your favorite protein treatment ??

L.Brown1114

I have been using aphogee(sp) but it's annoying as *** to jump out the shower to put it on then blowdryer then get back in the shower bc I only wash my hair while I'm showering.

I need a change!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
No Particular Order
Claudie Renew Protein
Claudie Reconstructor
SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor
Ultra Black Hair DC'er
Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein
SheScentIt Fortifying DC'er
Affirm 5n1
Affirm Sustenance
Dudley's Hair Rebuilder
L'Anza Reconstructor
Redken Deep Fuel
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
Aubrey Organics GBP
Giovanni Nutra-Fix
Joico K-Pak
Tigi Dumb Blonde

PJaye

I highly recommend that you give Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener a try. It is a cream-based medium to heavy treatment that provides excellent results. No dryer needed; simply apply and allow it to dry completely before rinsing. You will be pleasantly surprised by this product.

FelaShrine

I highly recommend that you give Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener a try. It is a cream-based medium to heavy treatment that provides excellent results. No dryer needed; simply apply and allow it to dry completely before rinsing. You will be pleasantly surprised by this product.

Good to see a good review! I read this and was creeped out http://www.justgrowalready.com/2013/10/wash-day_19.html

I mean isnt it normal for most medium or hardcore protein to get kinda hard til you rinse it out..

PJaye

Good to see a good review! I read this and was creeped out http://www.justgrowalready.com/2013/10/wash-day_19.html

I mean isnt it normal for most medium or hardcore protein to get kinda hard til you rinse it out..

IMO, I believe the aforementioned blogger ran into trouble because she treated the Komaza Strengthener like a protein-laden reconstructor, e.g., let sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. Since it’s a harder protein treatment, it should be allowed to process uncovered until it has completely dried before rinsing.

Holla

I use protein in different ways. Sometimes, I just add a bit of protein (Nexxus Emergencee) to my prepoo treatment (conditioner, oil, etc.). Other times, I clarify, add protein, baggy, and leave in overnight. I do that often with Affirm5in1. First time I did it, my hair felt so good. I accidentally fell asleep with it and then I started baggying overnight more regularly with that protein treatment.

It is a pain to jump in and out of the shower when doing protein treatments.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use protein in different ways. Sometimes, I just add a bit of protein (Nexxus Emergencee) to my prepoo treatment (conditioner, oil, etc.). Other times, I clarify, add protein, baggy, and leave in overnight. I do that often with Affirm5in1. First time I did it, my hair felt so good. I accidentally fell asleep with it and then I started baggying overnight more regularly with that protein treatment.

It is a pain to jump in and out of the shower when doing protein treatments.

Holla

Very interesting.:scratchch

I :love: 5n1

*makes a note*

Silverstreaks

Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor by Nexxus. I used to use ApHogee 2 Step but I found it too messy and time-consuming to use to be of any value to me. Polymedic is easier to use and I therefore get better results. I also mix a little bit in a spray bottle filled with water & glycerin or a flip cap bottle filled with just water to use as my hair needs it and to stretch it out. I use it mainly when redoing my hair after cleansing (full strength) or redoing (diluted).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Stormy

Well, I use Aphogee Reconstuctor. It's different and works better for me than the regular treatment. All you do is put it in your hair as you would any conditioner. Wait a few minutes and then rinse.

I've also used Nexxus Emergencee in the past and it was good as well.

kupenda

I use Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion as my medium protein and Aubrey GPB as my light protein. Love them both

VictoriousBrownFlower

@BronxJazzy can I ask how you like the mane and tail? how often can you use it?
I love mane and tail. It works and it smells good. I use it once a month. It gets my hair soft but strong. I just used it today. It softened my hair right up. I left it on for 2 hrs and then rinsed it off. It makes my hair softer than Ors hair mayo. But its strengthening too. Its a def must try.

nymane

My fav is Aphogee 2 step but I have a love-hate relationship with it. I hate the smelly, runny, sticky consistency and hassle, but I LOVE the results.

L.Brown1114

thanks so much ladies!! I decided to get GVP hair reconstructer for my protein treatment because its a conditioner and I feel that is easier to use in the shower. Then of course I also had to buy GVP paul mitchell tea tree oil shampoo and a new moisturizer :blush: but it's okay I need to stop being so lazy with my hair :rolleyes: