September 2013 Hits &Misses

EnExitStageLeft

Hits:

Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse....STUFF IS NICE! My hair was soft and clean upon rinsing. Glad I took the plunge on the Deluxe size because I really like it :yep:.

Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner....This is far better then the nourishing moisture. It detangles like a dream, smoothed my 18 weeks post new growth like no ones business and left my hair super supple. Definite repurchase :yep:

Miss:

Coffee Rinses...Sadly I'm just not feeling it. It doesn't reduce shedding, my hair isn't softer then when I use tea and I don't really like smelling it for 30+ minutes :nono:.

Last edited:

cutenss

Continued HITS:

Ouidad 12 Minute Deep Treatment
Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
Bamboo Tea
Prepooing with HOT cap
DCing with WEN 613

MISS:

Having an issue with hair vendor, so now I do not feel comfortable ordering from them again :(

Ogoma

Continued Hits:
CJ Repair Me - gets my hair right back to great. :love: it
Lush Fair Trade Honey Shampoo - cleans deeply and leaves my hair nice and shiny when it is rinsed off. A little goes a very long way so that 3 oz bottle will probably last more than a year.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cutenss

I know Girl. I hate when that happens.:sad:

Now, I know to walk away. It took me a while tho'.:look:

Don't play with my Money or my Nerves over some durn hair products.:nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Hairveda's Acai Phyto Berry Conditioner (all HV's Conditioners for Cowashing)
b.a.s.k. Vanilla & Whiskey Repairative Soak
Marie Dean's DC'ers
Silk Dreams Nourish Oil
Haitian Castor Oil
Naturelle Grow's Ginger Peach Spritz
OBIA Naturals Moisture Creme

ronie

Big hit: Darcys deep conditioning Moisturizing hair mask. My hair melted instantly. I left it on for about 2 hours under shower cap no heat. My hair was very soft, fluffy, and airdried butter soft. I love my SD SWD and RCA for the same reason, but i prefer the ease of application of this conditioner. Although honestly RCA is a tad more moisturizing.
That is the one conditioner i need at least 5 jars of come black friday. I wish it was cheaper though. 20$ for 8 oz is cruel. As heavy handed as i am, i can barely get 3 uses out of it. I usually need 3 oz to completely smooth my 4b dry hair.

MGA2013

Hits:

Relaxing with Silk Elements No lye... first time in years I used no lye.. very pleased with my results!

Learning that 4 month stretch is the max.. after that I lose too much hair

Realizing how healthy my hair looks! I gained length but cut off 2 inches... my hair prior to my hair journey is thinner and damaged.

Aphogee for damaged hair
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor

French stabilizer works better as the finally step for me

Silk Dreams RCA

Miss:

All the shedding I experienced in the last month of my stretch.. smh

Not having enough time to dedicate to my hair

HV 24/7 moist conditioner

myronnie

Hit: Curl Mart Shipping
They're pretty fast now!! Yay! And they included 5 samples in my order before their announcement that they had the promotion going on. I wish they had more brands though but I understand about the short shelf life of some products.

Curly Kinks Coil Jam - Awesome gel. Doesn't flake and has the best slip out of all the gels I've tried (Claudie's, Koils by Nature, and Amazing Botanicals). Really slightly sticky but the stickiness goes away when it dries. Not that great at holding down my edges but I use it to twist. Extremely moisturizing gel and I will always have it in stock!!

ETA:
I had to also add The Pomade Shop's Peppermint Balm (with sulfur) smells awesome!! It actually makes my hair smell better! I thought that after being out in the sun, the sulfur would become pungent and smell through the yummy fragrance but it didn't. Definitely my staple sulfur pomade now.. I had some issues with my Claudie sulfur pomade smelling through..it was PUNGENT but probably has more sulfur.

Miss:
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
At first I really like this shampoo because of the awesome slip I got in the shower but I started to notice that my hair became dry and crispy even after DC'ing and I would have to apply a lot more leavein than usual. It had this weird chemical smell after I applied it to my hair. I wanted to love it :(

Last edited:

Rnjones

Hit - Paul Mitchell super skinny day treatment

Chi keratin leave in

Miss- curl mart being out of stock of the two products I need

Jobwright

Hits: Sunflower Oil, Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabab Shamboo, leave in and milk (thickens my fine strands like no other!), cowashing/washing every 3-4 days

Misses: none so far. YAY!!!

shtow

Revisited Hit - Hot 6 Oil. Havent used this in years. I literally use ONE drop every 3 days and my hair is loving it.

Continued hit - sleeping with a stocking cap over a silk scarf. The breakage from tying my scarf in the back that literally kept causing setbacks has stopped. Since my cut a little over 3 months ago, my ends are still perfect. I didnt even need a trim with my last touch up.

On the fence - Neem. It works off and on with my SD. The things I read about neem and fertility scared me off of it. Stopped using it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Newest Hit
Blow outs at the salon once a month
Aussie 3 Min Moisture Deep Conditioner. Great detangler and very moisturizing.
Experimenting with turban wrapping. Especially for those days when I can't be bothered with my hair.

Continued Hits
Roller Sets
All Silk Dreams products. Moisture and Strength for days
Aphoghee 2 step Protein Treatment.
Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Shampoo
Coconut/Argan oil mix

Miss:
None. I don't do much experimenting besides trying a new conditioner here and there. Yay for misses! :)

blackeyes31626

Miss: kizuri coconut dc
Hit: Oyin honey hemp as a detangler
Continued hit: oyin dew
Super Hit: qb gel Just my luck it's being discontinued soon. :sad:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hits:

2strand twist as an actual style
Catwalk honey and oatmeal shampoo
Irish Moss tea
DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner (continued hit)

Misses:
Sales that are not being offered when I want to try a few brands.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together