!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

Vintagecoilylocks

This Club/Challenge if for ladies with the desire to achieve and or maintain hip, tailbone, classic, mid thigh and longer lengths of hair.

We are here to encourage, support, and share with one another our experiences, styles, and thoughts and care of these longer lengths of hair.

We will not debate why, relaxed or natural, blunt cut or natural tips, protective or loose styles.

We come with the understanding that healthy hair is all part of achieving and maintaining long hair.

No photo is required nor pressure to produce one.

Feel free to discuss feelings for your hair and lengths living this different aspect of long hair so we can share in the journey with you.

If you are not a paying member e-mail me with your check in-info if you wish to be listed.

Come, enjoy, share and lets keep growing our hair. Ah Camelot!

Feel free to show photos in sig of goals, inspirations or your hair.

Check in with the following:

1. Full length measurement with yard stick from top of head to where it falls on your body. (waist, hip, tailbone, below bum, mid thigh etc.) Ladies from Europe indicate if you are using a meter length.

2. Your hair length from top of head down to tip in inches and where it hits your body.

3. Your hair goals or milestones reference position on your body.

Hipbone= top of front pelvic.
Tailbone= top of bum below hip=to bikini line
Classic = just below crease of bum cheek at top of thigh.
Mid thigh and knee self explanatory.

Check ups will be quarterly on the Fall and Spring Equinox and the Summer and Winter Soltice.
Freely report in with milestones reached or goals met or any other item you wish to share. Keep product reviews to share with main forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :rosebud:

These Ladies are making the journey to longer lengths:

ADB
Chicoro
Chocokitty
Flowerhair
Jewell
Lucia
Luv04
Mestiza
Mija
nchristina
Poohbear
SherryLove
Unlvgirl
Vintagecoilylocks
Zanna

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Gladly checking in.

1. Yard stick falls just below my bum - Classic length

2. My hair is currently at tailbone with a top layer just past waist at hip bone. 26-29 1/2 inches.

3. Goals to get top layer to tailbone, increase volume to current length and then move on to Classic. My ultimate goal is mid thigh. I want to wear a classic length braid.

Currently natural for life, mostly keep in a braided bun but considering doing loose hair buns to cut down on stretching and friction. I mostly use natural homemade items and keep the care simple. My crown really needs alot of care due to its the hair exposed also. That's the layer I am nursing down to tailbone. Its 3 inches past the waist now.

I love my longer hair and feel it completes my way as a feminin woman to have it this long and longer. Definately want to be a grandmother with a nice long braidedbun. :)

Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I'm in! Checking in later when I've measured my hair. My goal is hip length and my hair is currently waist length. I'm expecting about 1 year from now to goal length including dusting now & then.

I'm natural. Good post!!

Jewell

My goal is classic length. Not sure how many inches long my hair is. It should be waist length by Dec 05, if not sooner. I am transitioning to natural. I figure it will take me until next year this time to be classic length...just estimating.

Last edited:

zanna

Hello!
I dont post very often anymore bcause of computer crash(i am getting a new one soon) but I am still here. I had trimed my hair 2 months ago. but now I am back to 37 inches (almost tailbone)
Sincely zanna
And hello to everyone who knows me!!!

SherryLove

zanna said:
Hello!
I dont post very often anymore bcause of computer crash(i am getting a new one soon) but I am still here. I had trimed my hair 2 months ago. but now I am back to 37 inches (almost tailbone)
Sincely zanna
And hello to everyone who knows me!!!

hey zanna..!!!! i am sure your hair is still beautiful as ever....

Mestiza

I'm joining! It's been a little over a month since my hair was measured. So, I'll post those measurements.

30 1/4" (including 4" unstreched new growth)

I wish that there was a chart that shows where the various hair lengths are on the body. That sure would be helpful.

SherryLove

Mestiza said:
I'm joining! It's been a little over a month since my hair was measured. So, I'll post those measurements.

I wish that there was a chart that shows where the various hair lengths are on the body. That sure would be helpful.

they may be a litte hard because everyone is proportioned differently... 32 inches may be waist length for me while it maybe tailbone length for another person...

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I have at least one year of growth, if not much more, to get my hair evenly to my tailbone. I'm not much into measuring. Right now most of my hair is about at waist length when pressed. I would like to have a braid that hangs to my butt when pressed. My siggy has my long-term goal. I think it will take until December 2006 before I have a braid that is even remotely close to touching the chair when I sit down - if it continues to grow! That's okay, though because I am enjoying the journey of learning to take care of my hair.

Mestiza

Originally Posted by Mestiza

SherryLove said:
they may be a litte hard because everyone is proportioned differently... 32 inches may be waist length for me while it maybe tailbone length for another person...

LOL! I didn't state that correctly. What I meant to say was that I wish that there was a chart that showed where on the body the lengths of Brastrap, Waist, Hip, Tailbone, Classic, etc... fall.

Previously, I saw where that topic was being discussed on a European long hair forum and it was somewhat confusing.

I hope that all of that made sense. I think that I'll start another thread asking about this b/c someone may have some input that may be beneficial to some others who may not see this thread.

Vintagecoilylocks

It is best to pick a position on ones body cause you are the one looking at it. I was only asking inches and position of a yard stick because they say the average person can achieve 6in a year and grow for six years. It would only show how we fall into the theory of averages.

My goal of mid thigh is based on what they call the divine portion. or the golden portion. There is debate where classic length came from. Some say its because it was a length that looked well in many of your Classic paintings or its because it is the average divine portion length of the body. If you stand straight and gentally let your hands naturally curl at your side then on most people it falls at the base of the bums where the thigh meets. Which is Classic length. To combine the theory's it was the most pleasing balance to the body for the hair to fall in the classical paintings.

You can tell I am really into this.

Actually I now measure how much below waist to let me determine growth. or I measure to a chair. Its easier now. I do it in braid and loose. It has helped me see some progress with this slow growing. sigh :ohwell:

webby

Think Slim
Sorry...I can't help you :perplexed
As sister like me, is just trying to get back to BSL.

Good luck!

Vintagecoilylocks

I am excited about all the ladies checking in and the interest shown.

I check out www.tlhp.de/ all the time. He has collected hundreds of photos of ladies hair. It seems the average is waist to tailbone. Cut and natural tips. He a nice guy who loves long hair. I chatted with him about photography equipement. Check out his Gallery and the archives. Alot of hair out there.

webby

Think Slim
Vintagecoilylocks said:
I am excited about all the ladies checking in and the interest shown.

I check out www.tlhp.de/ all the time. He has collected hundreds of photos of ladies hair. It seems the average is waist to tailbone. Cut and natural tips. He a nice guy who loves long hair. I chatted with him about photography equipement. Check out his Gallery and the archives. Alot of hair out there.
Great link!

I think that this will be my ultimate length. My hair just takes way too long to dry.

Vintagecoilylocks

Looks like Hollywood tends to like tailbone when they feature long hair. Whats up with Into the West. The male indians have the longest hair on the show. I thought I was going to enjoy some ladies sporting long hair.

webby

Think Slim
Vintagecoilylocks said:
Looks like Hollywood tends to like tailbone when they feature long hair. Whats up with Into the West. The male indians have the longest hair on the show. I thought I was going to enjoy some ladies sporting long hair.
I'm so angry that I didn't catch that show from the beginning. I love men with long hair like that, especially dark hair. It's just so beautiful.

honeisos

I want to be like y'all when I grow up ! :lol: I'm just starting out ... hopefully in 5 yrs I will be at tailbone ...

I'm really excited about seeing how long I can grow my natural hair ...

good luck guys!!!!! you inspire me!

Lucia

I would love to get to tailbone that would be the ultimate hair goal for me, but I'm still doing the Waist length challenge 12/2005 but after I get to WSL I''m definately going to try at least for tailbone.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Vintagecoilylocks said:
1. Full length measurement with yard stick from top of head to where it falls on your body. (waist, hip, tailbone, below bum, mid thigh etc.) Ladies from Europe indicate if you are using a meter length.

2. Your hair length from top of head down to tip in inches and where it hits your body.
I measured from hairline to tips with a tape measure, and my hair is approx 30 inches long.

Mid thigh and knee self explanatory.
QUOTE]

My last milestone was waist length which I achieved a few months ago. Now I have given myself permission to wear my hair down for the summer because I want to look cute :D but I'll go back to protective styles in the winter.

I am 5'5'' and I estimate that I need about 4 more inches to hip bone length. After that I will just maintain. At least that's how I feel right now, but you never know.

This hair growing thing has been a total mental & physical transformation for me...I have recently lost about 11 pounds and I'm still losing, I just went abuot it the same way I did with my hair. Patience, perserverence (sp?) and just doing the same "boring" old thing every day - that's what got me this far. It's a whole new way of life for me, I used to love instant fixes.

ChocoKitty

I'm jumping in now!:grin:

No measurements yet but I believe I'm about 4" away from the top of my waist. I straightened a small section in the back hair last night. This is where my hair longest layers are.

My first goal is to be hipbone length when stretched by 12/06.

My last milestone was reaching bra strap again--after a trim.

I'll just be "bunning it" for a little bit...:)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Right now, I don't have any length! :lol: My hair ranges from 1-2 inches all over in different places.

My hair doesn't hit my body! :grin:

Waistlength

ETA: I figured out that it is 29 inches from the crown of my head to my waist. My hair grows a measly 1" in two months, so I hope to retain all this length by the end of the year 2010!!! :dork:

Last edited:

Mija

Exotical OG
I'm checkin in
From hairline to tips I'm at 34.5+ (with the tape measure.)

Mid thigh and knee self explanatory
The only measurement I have so far is from crown

My milestone is that the longest piece is at hipbone and my goal is to have the sides and rest of my hair at tailbone or hip bone length. I'd like it to grow as long as possible. Classic length would be nice but I might be creepin up on my terminal length now.

Lucia

OK, I haven't straightened in a while so I stretched the longest part and it's just touching mid/lower BSL that's about 5.5 inches/14cm from my waist I need 18 inches (from nape of neck) to reach WSL and 2.5 inches from WSL is hipbone, 5 inches/13cm from waist to tailbone so TLBN 2006/7 for me too. Now that I'm mesuring it doesn't seem so far, I hope, WSL would be a big thing for me so if more hair comes after that then tha's extra cream on top. I'll keep reaching for it then.

Last edited:

Lucia

Mija said:
I'm checkin in
From hairline to tips I'm at 34.5+ (with the tape measure.)

Mid thigh and knee self explanatory
The only measurement I have so far is from crown

My milestone is that the longest piece is at hipbone and my goal is to have the sides and rest of my hair at tailbone or hip bone length. I'd like it to grow as long as possible. Classic length would be nice but I might be creepin up on my terminal length now.
Mija you never know sometimes hair waits a little and then with a little push starts up growing again. My biggest block has been passing BSL to get to waist once I finish passing BSL then it will be clear sailing until waist.
Just let it grow and see what comes.

zanna

Wow! sherrylove you hair is so long and beautiful! Wow!
congratulations!!
I didnt post on the lhcf for so long!
I am ashamed now. But I am starting to post again.
Take care
Sincerely
Zanna

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm still transitioning, but I can't wait to be waist length. That is my ULTIMATE goal, but gotta start small...sigh...

I hate to put a damper on the thread ladies, but I gotta put in the 2 cents that no one asked for. :lol: As much as I'd love to wish it, I don't believe for a minute that MY hair will EVER be any of those lengths. But my hair is healthy and I'm very happy about that. :)

More power to you all, and happy (super-duper long) hair growing! :D

Vintagecoilylocks

Brown Haired bonanza,

You say that as if you have some definate evidence to give you such a belief. That type of ungrounded belief is the cause of most people not trying or achieving. Most of us never new it was possible but we had to believe and try.

I have been given no such evidence that my hair won't grow to the floor. Lighten up and live and let grow :)