Whale Sperm for your hair?

Monilove122

In doing some research on Dominican hair products I came across this one:

Henna Queen Whale Sperm Line
The whale sperm line concentrates on the protection of the scalp and the hair cuticle, reinforcing weakened hair and helping in its new growth. It has four steps for the ideal washing and cleaning of the hair: Shampoos; conditioners, deep treatments; and vials. The vials provide a silkier, more manageable and voluminous hair through the use of their pro-vitamins, for hair drying totally protected from the heat.

http://www.shopdr.com/store/Henna-Queen-Esperma-de-Ballena-Whale-Sperm-Conditioner-16-oz.-p-16175.html

I have never heard of this, is whale sperm really supposed to be good for your hair? At one point I would've gawked at this but in my quest for long hair, I don't know...

Evazhair

It is not whale semen. It is the oil(spermacetti) from the sperm whale's head if I remember correctly. I have seen some posts on this a while ago.

imstush

Evazhair said:
It is not whale semen. It is the oil(spermacetti) from the sperm whale's head if I remember correctly. I have seen some posts on this a while ago.

^^^^yea what Eva said

chickory_bee

So, I have a confession...My cousin used to talk about sperm and hair growth, and while I thought it was gross, I looked it up whale sperm and purchased the Henna Queen products...I got the Shampoo, Rinse, deep cond, and vials.
When I got it, I SMELT it first...and it smelt suprisingly good...And it was BLUE...I was honestly expecting something black and rotting...
The deep cond didn't have as much slip as I like, the shampoo is very liquid but I LOVED the vials. While I didn't really think too highly of it, but it was cheap, and I need to finish it. It's not great, but it's not the worst product I've ever used.

mermaid

I'll pass.

janeemat

I tried this during my Sat wash for the first time. It is blue somewhat liquidey. It has a nice smell. I applied it on my hair and went under the dryer for 30 min with a plastic cap. It really soften the hair and removed the tangles (7 wks post). As the other poster stated that it was not the best cond or the worst. I think I'm going to use it as a prepoo on my ng to up soften it. It seem to have a little too much vaseline and petro in it for my medium fine hair. I doubt that I'll repurchase it, but I will use it up.

Evazhair

janeemat said:
I tried this during my Sat wash for the first time. It is blue somewhat liquidey. It has a nice smell. I applied it on my hair and went under the dryer for 30 min with a plastic cap. It really soften the hair and removed the tangles (7 wks post). As the other poster stated that it was not the best cond or the worst. I think I'm going to use it as a prepoo on my ng to up soften it. It seem to have a little too much vaseline and petro in it for my medium fine hair. I doubt that I'll repurchase it, but I will use it up.

Thanks for the idea. Capilo whale sperm dc was the first dom dc I bought and I have been scared to use it with all the vaseline and mineral oil. That and the canela y suela, that irritated my scalp.

Monilove122

Hey, at this point I'm willing to try it now that I know it's not actually whale "sperm", LOL. Although I will admit even when I thought it was the sperm of whale I still was not that opposed. I know it sounds nasty but a sista really wants WL hair, LOL.