Does anyone use oil sheen?

ShiShiPooPoo

I never see any threads like "so and so Oil Sheen is the bomb!" I used to use oil sheen, but I found that I don't need it now that I take better care of my hair by using protein, better products, etc.

Missi

I use oil sheen if I have a dry patch on my scalp or a itch and I don't wanna mess up my hair: and after I took down my wrap: (usually if my hair is in a baggy and I remove my scarf, my part is usually dry): or i'll apply before I apply saran wrap to my hair: also give and take when I style my hair: if I want it to fall and look more looser & flowy (flip up or culrs): i'll spray my finished style w/ a light moisturizer but if its perfect and it need shine: i'll spray w/ oil sheen: so in all aspects of usin oil sheen (Keracare Oil Sheen or Profectiv StrengthNShine) one can lasts me 1-2 yrs give or take a few months in between

Last edited:

Daisimae

I bought a small can of the Proclaim brand today. The only use I plan for it is to try a home roller wrap after my TU Friday.

ajoyfuljoy

no oil sheen for me. I started using oil spray even before i came to the board. at least in my head, oil sheen is played out.

gimbap

I do. I use Black Magic African Cherry Oil Sheen. I also like Proclaim and Elasta QP's oil sheen sprays.

mermaid

oobrittany said:
I do. I use Black Magic African Cherry Oil Sheen. I also like Proclaim and Elasta QP's oil sheen sprays.
I finally received my Elasta samples (after a 2 year wait!:mad: )and they threw in some oil sheen for some reason.
I remember my mom using it on little 'fro when I was a kid and I HATED it because it was so heavy it would sit around in the air and it would get in my throat and I felt like I was gagging. Bleh.
I never used sheen since, but Elasta sent me some, so I got some, lol!!

Lusa

I still have a can of ORS Olive Oil Sheen leftover from long ago that I haven't used in about a year. I find it too oily for my liking, and it didn't matter how far away I sprayed I always seemed to have too much on.

fmnnity

My girlbaby is relaxed and I stopped her from using oil sheen. I found this really light oil mist. It works wonderfully. Not heavy at all. I think it is by Moisture Max. It is in a pump bottle.

Lexxx

I use oil spray some times when my hair is a bit dirty, a bit like a body spray for my hair, to freshen it up a bit,
Makes it smell nice, and gives it a bit of a shine

Angelicus

After rollersetting wet hair, I add ORS Olive Oil Sheen to my hair before sitting under the dryer. My hair is shinier this way.

schipperchow1

I use Protective Megagrowth after I roller set & before I sit under the dryer to protect the hair on the outside of the roller closest to the heat of the dryer.

tocthesunrise

I use to use Olive Oil Sheen but recently I've been using Shealoe and using Almond Glaze and there is no need for Oil Sheen for me anymore!!

macherieamour

I spray some when im doing a saran wrap treatment. I used to use it at night but i realized that a little moisturizer is enough

gimbap

mermaid said:
I finally received my Elasta samples (after a 2 year wait!:mad: )and they threw in some oil sheen for some reason.
I remember my mom using it on little 'fro when I was a kid and I HATED it because it was so heavy it would sit around in the air and it would get in my throat and I felt like I was gagging. Bleh.
I never used sheen since, but Elasta sent me some, so I got some, lol!!
lol yeah they finally sent me my samples too! I was like "Dang I dont even remember asking for samples...."