I CUT MY 3YR OLD'S HAIR!!!! (((PICS)))

e$h

kels823 said:
He looks like a whole new lil man! :D His hair before was ghorjus but I really like him w/ the cut. :yep:

Doesn't he though!!!! I couldn't stop staring at him afterwards. Even yesterday I was staring. He was like :yawn: are you done yet?:lol:

kandegirl

He is so cute before and after. I would have had a hard time cutting his hair. I probably would have missed it more than him.

HERicane10

He's a very handsome boy! I did the same with my son. I think we just get to the point that we realize we have to let them be the lil men that they are. :)

mermaid

e$h said:
I had been growing my sons hair since he was born (12/24/2003) and decided to cut his hair. I had been contemplating doing this for the past month and we finally went through with it last night. I really didn't want to but he just couldn't take having to get it washed, conditioned, detangled and braided. Also, I got tired of hearing him cry everytime it was time to get braided and while I was braiding it. He's not a lil girl so why even have him go through all of that ya know? So I asked him if he wanted daddy to cut his hair off and of course he said "yes". His dad was quite reluctant at first. It took him 2 whole weeks to finally do it and when he did, well, see for yourself........

BEFORE

AFTER

What do you guys think? I think his lil peanut head self looks cute:lol:
He looks cute.
I think he will be a lot happier and cooler in the summer months!
I cut my son's hair when he was 5, right before school started and his hair was down his back, too. He cried about my cutting it and said "but look how looong it is", lol! because people would always say that to him
I told him that when he got to school he will see that the girls have long hair and it was time he had a big boy hair cut.
His hair was kept very short up until he was in 6th grade and I started doing individual braids on his hair and he let it grow until it reached mid back. He went to join the wrestling team and the coach said he would either have to wear a cap or cut his hair, so he came home and asked me to cut it and I took it all the way to his scalp. No one recognized him the next day, lol!
YOU are gonna go through the same thing, just you wait and see!!:lol:

e$h

HERicane10 said:
He's a very handsome boy! I did the same with my son. I think we just get to the point that we realize we have to let them be the lil men that they are. :)

Thank you. Yeah it was time.

e$h

mermaid said:
He looks cute.
I think he will be a lot happier and cooler in the summer months!
I cut my son's hair when he was 5, right before school started and his hair was down his back, too. He cried about my cutting it and said "but look how looong it is", lol! because people would always say that to him
I told him that when he got to school he will see that the girls have long hair and it was time he had a big boy hair cut.
His hair was kept very short up until he was in 6th grade and I started doing individual braids on his hair and he let it grow until it reached mid back. He went to join the wrestling team and the coach said he would either have to wear a cap or cut his hair, so he came home and asked me to cut it and I took it all the way to his scalp. No one recognized him the next day, lol!
YOU are gonna go through the same thing, just you wait and see!!:lol:

I was picking him up from daycare this evening and one of the guys that comes everyday to pick up his kids was like, "Where's Duke?" He didn't even recognize that Duke (my son) was standing right next to me. He was like:eek: "YOU CUT HIS HAIR. I DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM". Yes he was yelling.
I'm sure that when he gets older he'll grow it back and won't be whining and crying when it's time to get braided up.

audacious1

*Bre~Bre* said:
He should have sold that hair to me LOL.

I'm saying!

My first thought was, "sooo what did you do with that hair" and then thought of ways I could use it :look:

I think he's handsome either way. But that was some pretty hair yall cut off.

*Bre~Bre* said:
He should have sold that hair to me LOL. He's a cutie and now he looks like a "little man" :)

I agree. He looks so cute. And he's smiling, so you know that he's happy that he has that hair off :lol: .

Allandra

I like his hair before, and I like his hair after. You did a great job. What did he say about his new hair cut?

neonbright

Girl I had to see the pics of your son and my daughter was over my shoulder. She was like he is so cute, even when he had long hair. Now she has googlie eyes for your son, talking about he is so cute, she kissed my screen. I had to pop that girl and tell her to go away hot mama.:lol: :grin:

Last edited:

e$h

audacious1 said:
I'm saying!

My first thought was, "sooo what did you do with that hair" and then thought of ways I could use it :look:

I think he's handsome either way. But that was some pretty hair yall cut off.

My mom suggested I donate it for those that suffered from cancer (she's a 5 year breast cancer survivor) but I'm indecisive about it.

e$h

Cutiepie7691 said:
I agree. He looks so cute. And he's smiling, so you know that he's happy that he has that hair off :lol: .

Yeah he is happy. He's been reminding every morning that I have to brush his hair so he can have waves like daddy.

e$h

Allandra said:
I like his hair before, and I like his hair after. You did a great job. What did he say about his new hair cut?

Thanks Allandra! He really likes his hair cut. When someone compliments him on the cut he gets all bashful. Like I was telling Cutiepie7691, he reminds me every morning to brush it so he can have waves like his dad.

e$h

neonbright said:
Girl I had to see the pics of your son and my daughter was over my shoulder. She was like he is so cute, even when he had long hair. Now she has googlie eyes for your son, talking about he is so cute, she kissed my screen. I had to pop that girl and tell her to go away hot mama.:lol: :grin:

:lol: Awwwww lil mama has the google eyes for my baby. That's so cute. And she kissed the screen? Too much:lol:

Allandra

e$h said:
Thanks Allandra! He really likes his hair cut. When someone compliments him on the cut he gets all bashful. Like I was telling Cutiepie7691, he reminds me every morning to brush it so he can have waves like his dad.
Aww, that's so sweet.

mermaid

e$h said:
[/b]

I was picking him up from daycare this evening and one of the guys that comes everyday to pick up his kids was like, "Where's Duke?" He didn't even recognize that Duke (my son) was standing right next to me. He was like:eek: "YOU CUT HIS HAIR. I DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM". Yes he was yelling.
I'm sure that when he gets older he'll grow it back and won't be whining and crying when it's time to get braided up.
Yep.
When they get older, they understand they gotta go through some annoyances to be beautiful, lol!!

Chanel's Tresses

e$h said:
Everyone always mistakened him to be this cute lil girl (even if he had all blue on):look: . They would say "she's so cute". I would tell them that she is a he. Ya think they heard me? I got tired of correcting folks.

I have a 4yr old son and had to do the same thing when he was about 2 1/2. He had some beautiful hair but I too got tired of hearing "shes so cute". I think he started getting tired of it also. Now I cut it low like every other month and then just let it grow out a little so I can still see those curls. Your little man is so handsome!!!