Are banana clips "in" again?

*Michelle*

Cuz I've seen some siggies and pix with them and they look cute! Can you still find them in stores or are have you had them for a long time and just whipped them out??

In or out...if I find one, I sure am gonna rock it :eek: :D :p

Thanks ladies!

Galleta

yes, they are back. i love using banana clips. i bought a package of three at walmart for about $1.50

*Michelle*

shynessqueen said:
IDK but I am getting me some after seeing MsDee hair. :cool:

I know huh?!

You know it would make sense now that I think about it...cuz the black girl mohawk is in too, especially the curly ones! Wish I could rock one, but I better stick to the banana clip!

Tiffchelle22

Honestly, I never stopped using them. I always kept a couple because they also work great to make pretty french rolls and to experiment with buns. These are one of my favorite hair tools! Enjoy and rock that banana clip!

~Tiffany

Missi

Me 2: i never stopped using them: b4 finding LHCF: i've used banana clips since '05 and since I've always wore them: i passed that difficult spot in shoulder length: it also creates great hair styles for formal to casual dinners/dances: my trustee banana clip gives me the right "safe" hair style: don't wanna baggy in a formal gown:D

bellesocialite

I'm wearing one right now, haha. I got it after seeing a few LHCF ladies using them to get the cutest styles. I also was on the subway the other day and saw this girl with one and her hair was curled and she had a hump in the front. It looked so nice. It was then I was convinced to try them. They are so quick and easy to use.

ellebelle88

I'm in college and you definitely don't have to take my word for it...but all I ever see are banana clips. Many students wear them differently to achieve different styles. However, a lot of times it does give the appearance of longer hair. After seeing so many people with them, I went out and bought a couple of my own. But I just don't know how to use them...

ayoung

Yep, after seeing MsDee I went on the hunt for some.

Finally I found some. Lg ones and smaller ones. I wear them with a swoop, a hump, up high, in the middle, to the side, looser curls, tight.....i'm luvin them!!

Missi

gorgeoushair said:
I want to start wearing these too. Does anyone have some pics to show with their hair styled with these?

heres one w/ the hump:

side swoop:

Half up & halp down: it made a cute style for the dress:

curly hair / straight hair in a banana clip
/

Last edited:

glamazon386

Yep... They've been in here for the past 2 or 3 years. A lot of people were wearing them to do the mohawk thing. I have a few upstairs but I could never figure out how to get them on my hair. :ohwell:

pattycake0701

Man I wore these out back in the 80s and 90s. I'm gonna find some and experiment. I don't know if I can squeeze this hair into one of those clips though.

Chanel's Tresses

I love them and have started wearing them all the time. They look really nice with a wash and go style and look so elegant. Getcha some.:D

LynnieB

pattycake0701 said:
Man I wore these out back in the 80s and 90s. I'm gonna find some and experiment. I don't know if I can squeeze this hair into one of those clips though.

i wore them constantly in the 80's too but that was then.

i bought some a couple months ago (wallyworld, 3 in a pack) and tried one and there was no way i could get that thing around my hair.....so i did a cowash and tried again with dripping wet hair - got it around the hair but darned thing kept popping off when i tried to close it :perplexed

don't think i can wear these unless a) i flatiron or b) find some that come in extra sturdy plastic, larger in width and length and with teeth that are bigger, thicker and spaced further apart.:(

waaaaaah.

LadyPaniolo

LynnieB, your hair is TOO CUTE in your siggy! You go, Miss Lady!!!!

Ok, banana clips. I don't see people wearing them around here but I stayed wearing them up till at least 1998. They make it easy to keep your hair off your shoulders and pulled neatly back, while still showing some of your hair. Buns cover so much of your hair up that it's not fun sometimes to wear them. But the banana clip can let your hair swing a little, ya know?

Plus I'd sweep the hair over and pin it down for a fake french roll or whatever that style is called. It looked cute to me.

LynnieB

joyousnerd said:
LynnieB, your hair is TOO CUTE in your siggy! You go, Miss Lady!!!!
They make it easy to keep your hair off your shoulders and pulled neatly back, while still showing some of your hair. But the banana clip can let your hair swing a little, ya know?

Plus I'd sweep the hair over and pin it down for a fake french roll or whatever that style is called. It looked cute to me.

:blush: thanks joyous! :/blush:

that's exactly the reason i loved them.........when spring/summer came, out came those clips! i thought they were wonderful inventions and still do.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I don't think they're necessarily "in" because I never see anyone in person with one on, just ladies on this site. But then again I'm from the most un-stylish hick town, these people here wouldn't know what's in if it hit em' over the head. *Begging*Please come to my town Stacey and Clinton!:lachen:

gn1g

I bought some, I'll just warn you all don't buy the ones with the rhinestones and decore cause it will snag your hair.

♦K.O♦

I never knew they went out. lol

I only use this kind by Goody. I have been using them for over a decade. I break them all the time, though.

sareca

Oddly enough I never wore them when they were "in." :ohwell:
A few years ago I started wearing them sideways to make short ponytails look fuller and longer.

frostydoll

MizzEsq said:

I only use this kind by Goody. I have been using them for over a decade. I break them all the time, though.

Oh this one might work for me the ones I bought don't work on my natural hair and are too big for when my hair is straightened.

neenee280

sareca said:
Oddly enough I never wore them when they were "in." :ohwell:
A few years ago I started wearing them sideways to make short ponytails look fuller and longer.

That's cute!!! i am going to try your way!

klb120475

MizzEsq said:

Ohh, you have the good banana clip. I need to upgrade from my lil cheap plastic ones that break all the time.:lol:

ayoung

i'm sure u can--but every drug store and grocery store i've been to has them. Walmart has them too!!
I was looking for the old school ones--but could only find these.

mermaid

pattycake0701 said:
I did too- and I had (still do) a LOT of thick hair. the clips I used back in the day were dang near as long as my head and My whoooollle hir was clipped and had curls dropping all down my head.
I gotta go get me some clips now. that look was hot!