What's your favorite protein treatment ??

PJaye

^^^ Girl, no!:lol:

Apply, leave the hair uncovered and allow it to fully dry, then rinse. Although the website and bottle says to process it under a dryer, I didn't use it that way and still received excellent results.

HoneyBadger

^^^ Girl, no!:lol:

Apply, leave the hair uncovered and allow it to fully dry, then rinse. Although the website and bottle says to process it under a dryer, I didn't use it that way and still received excellent results.

FelaShrine I am not good at following directions :lol:

I can't do the dryer so overnight works for me. I get up I the morning and take off my shopping bag and scarf and by the time I hit the shower, it's not as juicy. I will read the directions when I get home because I haven't umm done and my bottle is almost empty :look:

MissTripleChoc

Aphogee 3 minutes keratin treatment, it's a gentle protein low ph and has lots of slip. Been a god send for my protein sensitive dry hair.

HoneyBadger

Aphogee 3 minutes keratin treatment, it's a gentle protein low ph and has lots of slip. Been a god send for my protein sensitive dry hair.

I have the other aphogee but three mins sounds good.

I also love the coconut and lime protein treatment. Or rather I use it as a protein. I mix it in the morning and use it at night when it has hardened.

Last edited:

NGraceO

You mean the 2 minute right?

Any who, I've been using this product forever, and not really noticing a difference. Then A couple of weeks ago I finally bothered to look at the ingredients and got the gist that this isn't a protein treatment at all, but more of a hyped up moisturizing one. Therefore, I am now looking for a more true to form protein treatment as well.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HanaKuroi

Millcreek Botanicals Keratin conditioner and Millcreek Botanicals Biotin conditioner.

I had the keratin one in my hair for a couple of hours last night. I forgot how nice this makes my hair feel! I didn't even dc after. I just used QBAOHC and QBCTDG on the ends on six braids. My curls are all arranged at the roots. All clumped nicely.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
AO GPB (light). Makes my curls pop and is great because you can use it before shampooing rather than after.
SD's Mocha Silk Infusion (medium). Smells great and makes hair strong, yet soft.
Komaza Care Protein Strengthener (strong). Doesn't make hair hard. Just soft and strong.

youwillrise

not a protein treatment per se, but...

i prefer to use pure hydrolyzed keratin mixed w/ water in a spray bottle...i use it after washes and before i moisturize. it works well for me, brings strength and elasticity...dramatically reduces breakage for me...improves my moisture level. i use protein a lot, actually (a few times a week). my hair craves it.

lately ive been using aphogee green tea & keratin
...dont love it as much as plain keratin, but it works pretty okay.

NGraceO

not a protein treatment per se, but... i prefer to use pure hydrolyzed keratin mixed w/ water in a spray bottle...i use it after washes and before i moisturize. it works well for me, brings strength and elasticity...dramatically reduces breakage for me...improves my moisture level. i use protein a lot, actually (a few times a week). my hair craves it. lately ive been using aphogee green tea & keratin ...dont love it as much as plain keratin, but it works pretty okay.

youwillrise this sounds like what I need! Where do you purchase the pure hydrolyzed keratin!?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
youwillrise

I am still thanking you for this one. :hug2:

I use it on my hair prior to relaxing.

I put it in a Spritz bottle and spritz all over before applying the relaxer.

I really appreciate this tip from you.:kiss:

youwillrise

no prob! im glad i discovered it...i think i got the idea from someone on another board. i had been having trouble maintaining moisture and discovered that my hair was highly porous and any moisture i put into it quickly went away. the protein helps to fill the holes in my strands...so that i can hold onto moisture longer. i fell off of using the protein for a bit and my hair wasnt having it. lol.

Rozlewis

not a protein treatment per se, but...

i prefer to use pure hydrolyzed keratin mixed w/ water in a spray bottle...i use it after washes and before i moisturize. it works well for me, brings strength and elasticity...dramatically reduces breakage for me...improves my moisture level. i use protein a lot, actually (a few times a week). my hair craves it.

lately ive been using aphogee green tea & keratin
...dont love it as much as plain keratin, but it works pretty okay.

youwillrise, how much water versus hydrolyzed keratin do you use in the mix?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
not a protein treatment per se, but... i prefer to use pure hydrolyzed keratin mixed w/ water in a spray bottle...i use it after washes and before i moisturize. it works well for me, brings strength and elasticity...dramatically reduces breakage for me...improves my moisture level. i use protein a lot, actually (a few times a week). my hair craves it. lately ive been using aphogee green tea & keratin ...dont love it as much as plain keratin, but it works pretty okay.

Wow!!!! Learned something new. I want to try this. Where do u purchase urs from?

youwillrise

i dont measure...i use a snall spray bottle. id say i use maybe 1.5 or 2 capfuls of the keratin (i dont actually use the cap) and the rest is water. there should definitely be much more water than keratin. that was probably no help lol

another note...pure keratin staaaanks! it doesnt linger in my hair, though...i opt to use it at night so it has time to disappear.

SingBrina

Aphogee. I have been using it for years. When I wear my hair down and I am consistent with it my hair gets sooooo thick and healthy. I get so many compliments after the 3rd or 4th treatment. It can be a hassle but it is so worth it! I wouldn't change it until it stopped working lol:yay:

iVR

I normally use a coconut milk and two egg blend for protein, but Nexxus Reconstructor comes in at a strong 2nd place for me.

Rozlewis

i dont measure...i use a snall spray bottle. id say i use maybe 1.5 or 2 capfuls of the keratin (i dont actually use the cap) and the rest is water. there should definitely be much more water than keratin. that was probably no help lol

another note...pure keratin staaaanks! it doesnt linger in my hair, though...i opt to use it at night so it has time to disappear.

youwillrise, I am intrigued by this but can you explain how you use this in your regimen? Do you use this combination before you apply your relaxer?

youwillrise

youwillrise, I am intrigued by this but can you explain how you use this in your regimen? Do you use this combination before you apply your relaxer?

Rozlewis,

hey - im actually natural. i use it after ive washed/conditioned/dc'ed (or whatever kinda thing im doing), but before i moisturize/seal (i do loc method) i dont rinse out or anything...just spray on and then do my moisture stuff. thats about it!

Rozlewis

Rozlewis,

hey - im actually natural. i use it after ive washed/conditioned/dc'ed (or whatever kinda thing im doing), but before i moisturize/seal (i do loc method) i dont rinse out or anything...just spray on and then do my moisture stuff. thats about it!

youwillrise, thanks!! I purchased some from Garden of Wisdom and it arrived today. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.