September 2013 Hits &Misses

Healthb4Length

Miss-Curls unleashed curl boosting jelly, a friend gave this to me b/c he said it gave him migranes! Being the pj that I am I have it a go because I taught it might work for me. Well it gave my twist out nice hold and definition but it caused shrinkage and yes I felt light headed and dizzy after using but was too tired to rinse it out. In the trash it goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 13

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Epic Miss: Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair. I looked at the ingredients while washing then washed the other half of my hair with PM SO because I was slightly upset. Lets just say I'm happy that big bottle was only $6 or id be forced to use it. I can even see a difference in the thickness of my hair between the two side.

On that note,
Continued Hit: Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. Also, Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner.

Turning back to a not so nice miss:
The fact that Darcy's Botanicals is not responding to emails and not upholding her shipping agreement. Not. Cool.

Please excuse my iPhone

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Absolute Miss:
Being severely burned by Heutiful Hair Steamer - water dropped from hood onto my neck.

ronie

Absolute Miss:
Being severely burned by Heutiful Hair Steamer - water dropped from hood onto my neck.

divachyk sorry that happened to you girlie. I had the same issue, so i a;ways wear a heavy towel on my shoulders, and a head wrap for my ears and forehead, just like in the picture of the lady on the box. The only reason i have not sold it is cause i got it as a valentine gift from DH. He already complains i don't use it often enough:lol:.
But how was the steaming experience for your hair?

divachyk

@divachyk sorry that happened to you girlie. I had the same issue, so i a;ways wear a heavy towel on my shoulders, and a head wrap for my ears and forehead, just like in the picture of the lady on the box. The only reason i have not sold it is cause i got it as a valentine gift from DH. He already complains i don't use it often enough:lol:.
But how was the steaming experience for your hair?
@ronie, thank you - I had a towel on but when that fire hit my neck, I dramtically responded with jumping up out my seat and the towel flew, latptop kicked over. It was cray. At that point, more water gushed on me. It all happed so fast but the scar will be lasting.

That steamer was company provided for a review on my blog. My hair felt great although my shoulder was pissed. I own a LCL stand up steamer and prefer that one for many reasons (injury aside). The LCL is moveable and adjustable.

outspokenwallflower

HITS:

Davines Oi All In One Hair Milk
Redken Shades EQ Gloss (in Onyx and Blue Kicker for the richest, inkiest blue black!)
Getting blowouts from the dominican salon after doing my hair for 3 weeks.... lawd, I missed it.
SD Destination Hydration- two words: THE. TRUTH.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Raspberry Deep Conditioner
b.a.s.k. Vanilla Whiskey Repairative Hair Soak

Lita

New Hits-

*Kera Veda-Brahmi oil in cotton candy..Absorbs well,with a lite scent but smeels Devine..Scalp has a nice tingle..Great CS

*Blue Roze-Blueberry moisture hair cream..This is VERY moisturizing,gives silky soft detangle hair & smells like blue berries...Yummy..Great CS & the jar was filled too..Staple..

*Heritage Hydration-Sofy Carrot Icing this has a butter lotion texture,melts on your hands,little goes a long way...Takes care of single strand knots..Seals in moisture for more then a day..Leaves braids/twist..Really nice.

*Claudies-Khava coffee Dc mask...Conditioned soft hair,rinses well & detangles..Unscented.

*Darcys-Sweet Coco hair lotion..Smells just like hot coco on a cold winters day..Nice moisturizing rinse-out...I like it as a rinse-out..

*Darcys-Sweet Coco coffee Hair Whip..This did wonders keeping my braids frizz free & shiny..

Continued Hits-

*Shea Moisture-Curl hibiscus hair milk..Wonderful leave-in & smells good..Detangles & moisturizes...STAPLE..Find it on ground..

*Heirtage Hydration-Soft Coconut Marshmellow leave-in..Soo moisturizing,melts tangles,keeps your hair soft...Staple..

*Lace Naturals-Brahmi Root Dc..Love love this...So moisturizing & makes your hair feel super soft..Nice thick creamy mask..Smells good too..This is my staple.

*Natural Grow-Slippery Elm Dc..,Non stop hit..Staple..Texture whipped & creamy smooth..Melt tangles & it's dosent have to sit on your hair for hours to work...Staple

*Dax-Gold/Green pomade with Ceramides..My edges loves this..Little goes a long way..Wirks on wet,damp & dry hair..STAPlE..Can find it on ground.

Long Time Hits-

*AfroVeda-Ashilli Raspberry Amla conditioner,creamy medium lotion texture,detangles,nice slip,makes your hair/scalp feel look healthy...AV needs to have more sales.

*Darcys-Pumpkin seed con..Thus has NEVER failed me..The perfect rinse-out..Love using it after my lite-mild protein treatments,brings the softness/moisture right back..STAPLE

*Natures Blessing-Natural hair grease..When all else fails,I apply this on my ends/length after my moisturizer..Perfect for fall/winter..Find it on ground.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

shtow

Surprising hits

I purchased these two products with the hope that they would help with my SD. So far, there is no change in my SD *insert fake surprised face here* BUT I love them. I’m surprised I love them because I don’t really care for Shea moisture hair products.

Shea Moisture African Black soap deep cleansing shampoo – seriously the most moisturizing shampoo I have EVER used. I washed my hair twice and left the shampoo on for over 5 minutes and my hair was still moisturized.

Shea Moisture African Black soap purification masque – this is super moisturizing as well. I think it might replace the argan oil masque I have been using for over 3 years. I can’t believe how well my hair absorbed this as a DC.

My flat ironed/relaxed hair has retained moisture much better since using these two products!

Honi

There is no board.
Miss - Pantene CoWash. Says that it wont strip your hair and welp...my hair was strippy strip stripped! :mad:

divachyk

Damn, so sorry! Did you get your skin treated at the hospital?

Wow!!! Glad you are ok though!!!

Froreal3 g.lo, thank you ladies. I really should have went to the hospital but didn't. Had the area not start improving this week I would have. Dh has a medical background and took great care of the area. I just have had a rough year with burns. I actually had a chemical burn (not hair related) earlier this year and went to the hospital for that. We basically used the same method they did with that burn for this one. Thankfully I had meds still on hand from when that burn happened. If the area takes any tiny turn for the worse, off to the hospital I go.

IronButterfly

MISS
Getting a GREAT deal on an Anita Grant product from Sage only find out it was such a steal because it expires in two months!

ronie

Revisited hits: kerastase nutrithermique masque, nectar thermique leave in, kerastase elixir ultimate serum.
New hit (a bit unexpected): entwine couture exotique butter creme hydrator. I needed something to moisturize my hair while it is straight. I found this in my stash, and it has been the perfect moisturizer. It is a non-water based creme, with a very faint pleasant scent ( almost unscented). I flat iron my hair on Friday, been moisturizing everyday from root to tips, and my hair is still bouncy and as straight as it was on Friday. Now I can stretch my flat iron until next week.
I purchased this a while back, but never used it (too much stuff to use). Now I'm happy no one bought it when I posted it on the exchange forum. I plan to blow my hair out once a month from now on so this is the perfect thing for me. Although it does contain water ( way down ingredients list: 8th or so) I had no issue with reversion. Hopefully it's not heat damage lol.

Last edited:

biancaelyse

Hit: Fenugreek paste - loving it

Continued Hit: Tresemme Conditioner for Curly Hair as Cowash

Continued Hit: Eco Styler Gel (Clear)

Lita

Hits-

KeraVeda-
*Brahmi oil,has been doing wonders on my scalp/length...This is a keeper.

*Souffle whipp,is a nice wet soft butter with a nice selection of Ayurvedic oils,it seals your entire length,with-out heavy build up..little goes a long way....And the jar is filled to the top..Worth the purchase...I can get rid of one of my other butters now.

Happy Hair Growing!

oneastrocurlie

Hit: Darcy's PSC. Not a fan of the smell but that's not stopping me repurchasing.

I think I have staples in every category now.

divachyk

HIT:
Hairitage Pink Grapefruit Punch
Hairtage Soft Coconut Marshmallows

Continued HIT:
HV Amala Cream Rinse (staple co-cleanser)
Pura Body Natural Murumuru Moisture Milk (staple LI)
Washing in braids
Banding to air dry

MISS:
Some random Cream of Nature pomade I tried

veesweets

Revisited Hits:
-Darcy's Transitioning Cream - Pulled out a new bottle yesterday and fell in love all over again. Perfect for fall/winter.
-Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

Hits:
-Komaza Califia spray
-Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Conditioner - giving SSI avocado a lil competition :yep:
-SD Razzberry Coconut
-Bask Vanilla Whiskey
-Grapeseed oil

Neutral:
-Shea Moisture Cowash

Miss:
-Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Afroveda Ashlii Amala Raspberry DC'er
Haitian Black Castor Oil