June 2013 Hits or Misses

curlyhersheygirl

EnExitStageLeft That is very surprising. That conditioner is an all-rounder at my house; LI, RO, DC, refresher. It gives instant softness that only gets better with time. Goes to show everything doesn't work for everyone.

EnExitStageLeft

@IDareT'sHair

I like the glycerin free peach kernel. I can only withstand the one with glycerin on a really humid day. I've never tried the leave in. I got a bottle from Aveyou though. The Shea Butter Lotion is my one of my fav's from her. Stuff is magnificent :lick:.

curlyhersheygirl

Ikr, I'm still mourning the lost :(. I really wanted it to work.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
EnExitStageLeft

I really like the Pumpkin Seed Elixir. You can only get that at Sage tho'.:ohwell:

I also like the Tucuma Butter and they Eucalyptus Pomade and of course the Oil Spritzes and I like the Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner too.:yep:

Honi

There is no board.
Hit: Tresemme smooth and silky condish. I like this one for my daughters 4b hair. Nice slip and softness when dried. Going to try it on my hair and pray it works for me too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ON THE FENCE:
Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip
Soultanicals Marula Moisture Max

These are "On the Fence" for me, because I still cannot determine how I feel about them. :yawn:

Put it this way: As of right now...neither are a Repurchase. :look:

They are not a Hit OR a Miss.....just kinda "On The Fence":lol:

myronnie

Time for an end of June hits/misses for me :D

Hits:
- Oyin Hair Dew - LOVEEEE this soo much!!! I use detangle with it on dry hair after spritzing with Amazing Botanicals aloe mint spritz. It has replaced my old hg moisturizer and is now my favorite :)

- Amazing Botanicals Aloe Mint Spritz - Whenever I undo my twists I always spritz with this first. It really moisturizes and detangles quite well! The only bad thing about it is the price and it's easy to run through it. I think I'm gonna try to cut it with water.

- Dabur Vatika Oil - I love prepooing and sealing with this. It's very very light and doesn't leave my hair oily. I like it better than pure coconut oil because of this.

- Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner - I LOVE this DC as my "moisturizing" DC because it has silk amino acids in it and I know that I won't be overly moisturized if I do an overnight DC. It does buildup on the scalp if you do an overnight DC, but I tried scritching my scalp a bit to clean it during the rinse-out and that really helped.

- Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner - GREAT slip as a detangler on dry hair, damp hair, whatever. I haven't tried it as anything else except for a leave-in detangler after washing. The smell is awesome.

Miss:
- Soultanicals Knot Sauce - I hate it so much. It made my hair crispy and stringy and led to breakage. I will never put this on my hair again.

Still reviewing:

Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla DC (only tried once)
Hercules Sage Mini Star Comb

ronie

Time for an end of June hits/misses for me :D

Hits:
- Oyin Hair Dew - LOVEEEE this soo much!!! I use detangle with it on dry hair after spritzing with Amazing Botanicals aloe mint spritz. It has replaced my old hg moisturizer and is now my favorite :)

- Amazing Botanicals Aloe Mint Spritz - Whenever I undo my twists I always spritz with this first. It really moisturizes and detangles quite well! The only bad thing about it is the price and it's easy to run through it. I think I'm gonna try to cut it with water.

- Dabur Vatika Oil - I love prepooing and sealing with this. It's very very light and doesn't leave my hair oily. I like it better than pure coconut oil because of this.

- Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner - I LOVE this DC as my "moisturizing" DC because it has silk amino acids in it and I know that I won't be overly moisturized if I do an overnight DC. It does buildup on the scalp if you do an overnight DC, but I tried scritching my scalp a bit to clean it during the rinse-out and that really helped.

- Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner - GREAT slip as a detangler on dry hair, damp hair, whatever. I haven't tried it as anything else except for a leave-in detangler after washing. The smell is awesome.

Miss:
- Soultanicals Knot Sauce - I hate it so much. It made my hair crispy and stringy and led to breakage. I will never put this on my hair again.

Still reviewing:

Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla DC (only tried once)
Hercules Sage Mini Star Comb
:yep::yep:, good stuff. I have 3 16oz jars in my fridge right now. Half way through my current jar.

myronnie

Yesss ronie you're the one who got me started on it :p It ain't cheap but it's definitely worth it!

Angel of the North

Miss
Bee Mine Deja's milk (coconut scent) I couldn't take the smell, something like ice cream flavoured chewits, really sickly, not really like coconut. I'm sticking to Island mango! I love it :)

Brownie518

Hittin in June:

SD Mocha hair milk
HH Soft Coconut Marshmallows
HH Grow Wild oil
Jamaican Mango & Lime JBCO

Revisited HITS:
Claudie's Moisturizing Quinoa Coffee cream
HH Green Tea Time

On the Fence:

HH Marshmallow Fluff - doesn't seem very moisturizing, will try again soon

AgeinATL

Hits:
Bask Whiskey Vanilla Repairative Hair Soak-protein treatment but it leaves my hair super soft (and I am protein sensitive, so that is saying something!). Love it!
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in. Super light but VERY moisturizing. Love the performance, hate the price.
Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel. Amazing softness, moisture and definition for twist outs.

Misses:
Curl Junkie Argan and Olive Oil Conditioner. Made my hair dry and hard.
Koils by Nature shealoe leave in. Same.
*recently realized that my hair ain't feelin AVJ, so that explains why my hair hated these two leave-ins.

leiah

Hit: suave almond & shea butter. Another cheapie ive waited way too long to try while fooling around with stuff that doesnt work

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Continued HITS:

Qhemet Biologics CTDG
Qhemet Biologics AHTB
Qhemet Biologics AOHC
DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
SD Vanilla Silk DC - I done fell in love all over again! *goes to order MORE*

veesweets

New Hits:
SSI Coco Creme leave in
HV Amala Cream Rinse
SD Shea What Deux - Just as good as the regular Shea What
Oyin Hair Dew

Misses:
HV Whipped Gelly

Revisited Hits:
Sealing with castor oil - Soft hair for days :yep:

Beamodel

New Hits:
SSI Coco Creme leave in
HV Amala Cream Rinse
SD Shea What Deux - Just as good as the regular Shea What
Oyin Hair Dew

Misses:
HV Whipped Gelly

Revisited Hits:
Sealing with castor oil - Soft hair for days :yep:

veesweets
I told you, you were my hair twin! I agree with everything you mentioned above.

EnExitStageLeft

SUPER DUPER MEGA HIT:

Nairobi Wrapp-it Up Foam Lotion..............YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HUNTY! My hair feels so silky soft and so unbelievably shiny I frickin' love it!. @Beamodel....INVEST GIRL! It's worth it, I promise ya' :yep:.

Last edited: