Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy System

yodie

Yodie, it's exactly 10 weeks for me tomorrow and I def need another treatment. I am doing one tomorrow then getting a trim on Sat.

I think the sulfate shampoo I used a few times broke the treatment down. It could've been protein too because I did use K-Pak! I'm glad I know now to bypass protein.:yep:

Did you mean to say a sulfate free shampoo or did you use a sulfate shampoo?
I noticed using protein with this treatment causes it to wear off. I used Aubrey Organics HSR and it stripped the treatment. AOHSR has milk protein in it.

PureSilver, try Ebay. I was happy with my purchase and it was less than the online vendor mentioned up thread.

Dove56, do you blow dry? Just curious.

Last edited:

yodie

It has been 10 weeks since last treatment and 21 weeks since last relaxer. Today I went in to get DE transition mousse. However that is not what I received!! I saw bottles with pravana but did not think anything of it because I did not know what it was until left and looked it up. I thought it was strange that she was putting treatment on with a applicator brush. Hair was really hard at blow dry stage. Then she cut to much off from hair! How did I find our that I had pravana perfection smoothing treatment. I text her when I looked up what was in those bottles and she said it was pravana which is better for my texture. I just did not respond was so upset! Not only did she hack my hair off but she put in a different brand and felt no need to tell me she was switching it up. Sorry for my long rant! So I will report back on how this holds up. It was ok when I left but I was focused in the chopped off hair sigh...

Whoa!! That's awful! I'm so sorry.
This is why I want to master doing my own hair. I'm a long ways from making it salon quality, but what this chick did was terrible.

outspokenwallflower

Used the transitioning mousse yesterday... Boy what lengthy hair day it was! I first applied a semi-perm rinse on dry hair, shampooed twice, applied the treatment (which was the quickest part really) and so on. I deep conditioned twice after washing out the mousse that I blow dried and flat ironed in, first using a mix of Macadamia Oil deep repair mask and Crede ER Treatment (I looked up the Macadamia oil ingredients and I didn't see any 'proteins' but I haven't gotten a chance to find the Crede ingredients) rinsed and did a steam deep condition with SD Destination Hydration, Avocado Pudding and Davines Nou Nou Pak (yes, I like to mix A LOT of DC's)

My hair was quick to blow dry and even in the blow dry stage, was swingy, shiny and smooth. Flat ironing was quick and easy, and today my hair looks great... I just wonder if I wound up washing off a chunk of the treatment with any of the DC's I used? I wish I'd known that protein conditioners had a negative effect.

Dove56

Did you mean to say a sulfate free shampoo or did you use a sulfate shampoo?
I noticed using protein with this treatment causes it to wear off. I used Aubrey Organics HSR and it stripped the treatment. AOHSR has milk protein in it.

PureSilver, try Ebay. I was happy with my purchase and it was less than the online vendor mentioned up thread.

Dove56, do you blow dry? Just curious.

I couldn't find my DE Sulfate Free Shampoo so I used shampoo that did have sulfates which was a bad idea.

Yes, I do blowdry. :)

Last edited:

yodie

I couldn't find my DE Sulfate Free Shampoo so I used shampoo that did have sulfates which was a bad idea.

Yes, I do blowdry. :)

Ouch. Sulfates strips the treatment as well. Lucky for you that you can do a treatment at your leisure.

DREAMIN

Has anyone delayed the second wash for a few days? I would like to enjoy my hair after the application and flat ironing without doing the second shampoo the same day.

SuchaLady

Is your hair curly when washed after a treatment or does it remain straight? I'm looking into this. You girls have me thinking. :scratchch:

Shelew

Has anyone delayed the second wash for a few days? I would like to enjoy my hair after the application and flat ironing without doing the second shampoo the same day.

It is too coated feeling to me after the first flat iron. It looks ok but when you touch it you would want to wash that out. After the second flat iron is when it is really silky and breezy lol

Shelew

Is your hair curly when washed after a treatment or does it remain straight? I'm looking into this. You girls have me thinking. :scratchch:

Since I am transitioning I only have six months of unrelaxed hair thats about five or six inches and the rest is relaxed. But when washed the unrelaxed hair does curl back up although the curl is looser than my regular 4a pattern. I assume fully natural would do the same but I could be wrong

laylaaa

It's not a straightening treatment, it's a smoothing treatment so you will still have curly hair, just maybe a little looser (3b to 3a maybe). So the end result is smoother curls, not waves or straight hair.

I tried the STS mousse. It was amazing on the first week and my hair has generally been more reactive to other treatments as a result over the past 8 weeks and it's also shinier I think but that's about it. I don't think it's worth £150 from a salon -- MAYBE worth it if you buy online which is what I did for the silkening spray which I looooooove. £150 vs £29.99 for the same effect except one lasts 6 weeks vs 12 weeks (but in reality, the mousse is only about 8wks even when used with the special conditioner and shampoo!). No contest.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
DominicanBrazilian82

DB82, your right! I think you should discuss this with Dove56 she was able to beat the humidity in H-Town using this treatment. I don't recall which thread or post#. Girl, you know that my hair goes poof the nano second I go anywhere near Fl or TX, :lol:, so I need to know to for the next time I go on vacation. :look:

g.lo

It's from the US though, would cost me nearly £50 just for delivery. Thanks though!

Actually looks like I have that from my last treatment, is that the clarifying shampoo?

MixedGirl, try luimibeauty.com, the site is in France and they sell both the transitioning foam, shampoo, masq and the delivery to UK is about 17 euro!
I did a mock cart and that was quoted to me, and it. Is 3 to 5 days delivery.
Good luck

Ps or if you just want the shampo curly emporium.com (British curlies) sell designer essential.

Channy31

MixedGirl, try luimibeauty.com, the site is in France and they sell both the transitioning foam, shampoo, masq and the delivery to UK is about 17 euro!
I did a mock cart and that was quoted to me, and it. Is 3 to 5 days delivery.
Good luck

Ps or if you just want the shampo curly emporium.com (British curlies) sell designer essential.

Thanks so much, although I'm so confused.

http://www.lumibeauty.com/en/design...mpooing-sans-sulfate-473ml-0875408006042.html

is that it?
I have that already. The first time I bought the treatment I was given that to wash my hair with. Is it also the clarifying treatment before hand?

laylaaa

Really, Dove56 had humidity proof results and she's in H-Town. Doesn't get more humid than that.

I was in Abu Dhabi on holiday so near the coast, constantly humid and heavy air. It stood its test in London but as soon as I got off the plane and through security, my bouncy silky hair turned into its true squirrel tail self. :yep:

Funnily enough, the cheaper treatment allowed me to go in the warm ocean and come out with shiny frizz free beach waves after going in with straight hair so DE is still a winner in my eyes. I just recommend trying the silkening spray first, then DIY transitioning mouse then the transitioning mousse at a salon in that order for those who are a little uncertain.

laylaaa

laylaaa I'm sorry did you say not humidity proof?!

Unfortunately! I have blunt bangs so anti-humidity is a must for me. However, its only an issue if there is no wind as it seems to act like the cool shot on my blowdryer, and keeps everything nice and dry. Only the humid days with still air were memorably terrible.

Dove56

DominicanBrazilian82

DB82, your right! I think you should discuss this with Dove56 she was able to beat the humidity in H-Town using this treatment. I don't recall which thread or post#. Girl, you know that my hair goes poof the nano second I go anywhere near Fl or TX, :lol:, so I need to know to for the next time I go on vacation. :look:

MileHighDiva

I visited H-town and Orlando with the treatment but I am here in hot/humid arse Dallas and it's still holding up! My hair, before these treatments hit the scene, would blow up like a bag of popcorn!

Shoot, the anti-reversion fairy is *VERY* real with this treatment on my hair!:yep:

Last edited: