Can You OVER Condition?

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
I was reading the book 'Hair Rules' and he said people with kinky to curly hair can't over condition and that it only happens to those with straighter hair because it does not have the dryness issues kinky/curly hair has and it gets weighed down with moisture and stuff.

I also wanted to add that it is a little tricky with relaxed hair. The hair is straight due to the processing but it's dry due to the processing. One has to find the perfect balance becuase it can easily dry out due to chemicals but get weighed down just as easily due to conditoners. It's like a double edged sword, ya know? I guess it just takes some trial and error to figure out what works for you. When my hair was relaxed it would get mushy if I conditioned too much, but now my hair just drinks it up
. HTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I condition every 3 days after my wash and if I leave my moisturizing conditioner on too long, like an hour or so, my relaxed hair gets mushy. I haven't lost any hairs this way but I now keep the conditioner on for 30 minutes at the most.

trinity

so if you over conditioned what can you do to help your hair besides balancing out conditioners should you clarify?
then start over