Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

NikkiGirl

NJoy, you will definitely make it. I can't wait until the end of the year. It is so exciting to see everyone's progress. HHG! to all the Hip Length Ladies!

Shadiyah

@BostonMaria great progress! You are a hair away! Not long now. You will be HL come DEC.

I am all for maintaining too. I am finally satisfied with the length of my hair. It feels long so now I want to just keep dusting until the ends are as full as I like them to be. I feel like I'm done chasing length now on to thickness.

@NikkiGirl this feels like home to me too lol. I love growing with you gals.

This is lovely I love your hair. Love the length. I can not wait. I am trying not to think about it. I am below APL I think maybe bsl but I don't want to straigthen to find out. I will just be patience and just take care of my ends.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Looking good Ladies!!
NJoy your so close Congratulations on the progress.
Brg240 and BostonMaria love the hair it's really nice love the fullness!

Sent from my Zio

brg240

Have you tried to make sure your balance of protein and moisture are on course? You have great progress none the less no doubt! Are you going to maintain at hip until it thickens or are you gonna keep going? I keep going back and forth on what I want to do lol.

I don't think it's going to thicken up at this point. Last year it did but I just have a feeling it won't. But I guess since i'm getting to the end of my transition it makes sense(?) I generally cut about 2-3" every 6 months (after my check in in june i cut it below waist) The only thing is i think if i chop 3" i'll just be like i should just cut it all off. Which will leave me at mbl. So I don't know maybe an inch every month until December? So i guess maintain for a while and then we'll see?

I'm all but sure the protein is off but after some research I'm going to try a new product.

I am musing with cutting all my relaxed ends on my bday. 90% sure I won't do it but if i get scissors in my hand and don't think maybe.

Lucia

BostonMaria
Your hairs thicker and longer
I agree you will make HL by Dec 2011 then you can maintain and dust for that blunt look ifhats what you want.

BostonMaria

@BostonMaria
Your hairs thicker and longer
I agree you will make HL by Dec 2011 then you can maintain and dust for that blunt look ifhats what you want.

Nah I don't want a blunt cut. Plus whenever I do cut it my hair slowly grows back into a V again LOL I need to cut the ends because they are looking a little scraggly.

@BostonMaria, how often do you wear your hair straight? And how do you usually wear it?

NJoy In the fall and winter I rollerset once a week and wear my hair straight 24/7 pretty much. I will usually wear it out at least once a week, the rest of the time my hair may be in a ponytail or bun. In the spring and winter my hair is curly, but usually up in a ponytail. I do wash and go's maybe once a month. It tangles up too much and shrinks up to my shoulders and I hate that.

Are you thinking about wearing your hair out more often?
Once you reach your desired length will you continue to stretch the relaxers?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Nah I don't want a blunt cut. Plus whenever I do cut it my hair slowly grows back into a V again LOL I need to cut the ends because they are looking a little scraggly.

@NJoy In the fall and winter I rollerset once a week and wear my hair straight 24/7 pretty much. I will usually wear it out at least once a week, the rest of the time my hair may be in a ponytail or bun. In the spring and winter my hair is curly, but usually up in a ponytail. I do wash and go's maybe once a month. It tangles up too much and shrinks up to my shoulders and I hate that.

Are you thinking about wearing your hair out more often?
Once you reach your desired length will you continue to stretch the relaxers?

BostonMaria
I enjoyed wearing my hair in a braidout yesterday. I definitely think that I'll wear it out more often but I imagine I'll default to a ponytail and buns too. :lol: As for relaxers, yes, I'll continue to texlax no more than 2x a year. That's the plan for now anyway. :yep:

NikkiGirl

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. My hair is shedding right now. But I am not concerned as it isn't a large amount of hair. I am losing long hairs that have the bulb, so no breakage. I will shed before a growth cycle, so I am cool with it. :yep:

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I can't wait for 2012. Even if I don't make Hip by December, I feel like my hair is getting really long and I know that 2012 will just bring on the super long lengths.:grin: Yay! We should do another thread or a maintenaince thread. I was thinking about it since someone mentioned it a page or so ago. I hope someone else starts it. I don't like starting threads for some reason!

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I prepooed with Pantene then shampooed with Joico Moisture Recovery this am. Will do an Aphoghee 2 step treatment tonight. I have it in a single braid right now no product added.

It's a darn shame when u have to do your hair in shifts! LOL

Sent from my Zio

NikkiGirl

Where is everyone! MIA!

I trimmed again, the first trim/method I did a week or so ago didn't address the split ends I had on the bottom layer. So, I did the Feyes method for a U-Cut and it came out perfectly. Love! I did lose more hair, but not enough to be concerned about.

Where is everyone and how is your hair!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Where is everyone! MIA!

I trimmed again, the first trim/method I did a week or so ago didn't address the split ends I had on the bottom layer. So, I did the Feyes method for a U-Cut and it came out perfectly. Love! I did lose more hair, but not enough to be concerned about.

Here! Here I am! :wave: I'm still in these makeshift cornrows and wigging it or wrapping my hair in a scarf. Nothing exciting at all. Well, except for my newest wig (profile pic).

Other than that, I'm cowashing and DC'g in these braids. I'm due for a nice moisturizing treatment and rebraiding so, while hubby is taking advantage of Poker Night, I'll be getting my head right. :grin:

I'm still bothered by how skimpy the ends of my braids look (the bonelaxed portion) so, I look forward to getting where I'm just trimming and maintaining length. Oh, and by the way, I'm going to njoy my hair more next year. I don't think such extreme PS'g is necessary. Now to start wearing it out to see what else I need to achieve my goal look. I need to curl my hair to see if the length is enough. Is it thick enough? Etc. I can't really tell all that in perpetual protective styling.

So, that's it for me. Nothing really to report. But, I'm always happy when there's new posts in this thread. Keep 'em coming.

Oh wait! Um, NikkiGirl, should we be expecting some...er...uh...pics? :lick:

NikkiGirl

NJoy I have been wearing my hair straight for over a week, so I decided to trim again and then wash and condition. I am conditioning right now. I didn't take any pics. I was just focused on getting it conditioned and put back up.

I am going to start wearing my hair out more too. I feel like the constant protective styling is maybe contributing to thinner ends. But it could just be my natural hair is so much thicker. But I completely agree with you. I can't wait until I can just be maintaining and get the pretty hemline I want.

By the way NJoy, I love your new wig! :grin:

JJamiah

I ned to do something to my hair. I have been so LAZY with it. I am just into everything else but my hair.

MariposaSexyGirl

Where is everyone! MIA!

I'm here. Lately I don't even look at my hair during the week. I use to pull some hair down every once in awhile to see how long it has grown....wait, I still do that :lol:. My hair is doing well. Next month I will be doing some dusting. I plan on getting one of those snake drain cleaner things to clean my drain of hair. Well I'm gonna let dh do it. Because with how long my hair is, I'm sure I would be freaked the hell out :perplexed.

Okay my post looks crazy :lol:. What I mean is usually during the week I co-wash it and play in it and put it back up after oiling it. Now a days I just put it in a bun on sunday evening and leave it alone period until Friday :look:. I've just had so much to do during the week it's like I forget I even have hair, until the weekend lol.

Last edited:

Janet'

Janet'!!!!! :bighug:

It's so good to see you posting again. I've missed ya! How are you? What's been up? We have some catching up to do, Girlie. :yep:

NJoy!!!!!!

I've missed ya'll too!!! I'm doing just fine!!! Nuttin's up but the rent, lol!!! I know, I feel so out of the loop, lol!!! SO much to catch up on!!!! Your hair is fabulous as usual!

brg240

hola ladies. hope you and your hair are all doing well. Is everyone ready the coming winter? I'm going to try to be extra protective :brucelee: I'm debating if i'll wear my hair out on my bday this week or not. Not sure if i don't i'll attempt braiding again. I say this all the time but i rarely do attempt it.

Anyway i'm posting because i'm too lazy to find the long term transitioning thread and I just passed my 3 year mark :thud:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy!!!!!!

I've missed ya'll too!!! I'm doing just fine!!! Nuttin's up but the rent, lol!!! I know, I feel so out of the loop, lol!!! SO much to catch up on!!!! Your hair is fabulous as usual!

Just so you know, my profile pic is a wig. How's your hair doing?

Janet'

Just so you know, my profile pic is a wig. How's your hair doing?

Ahhh!!!! Ok!!! I know it's still fabulous, though!!! You know what, when my dad got sick, I just put everything to the back burner, including my hair :perplexed:

I'm going to get it colored October 29 by dontspeakdefeat!!! I'm going darker-- I've got to get control of this lack of retention--my hair at least, I guess, has not gotten shorter...but I'm still at MBL...

I love my blonde, but it's time for a change in the name of retention!!!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My progress so far since the cut. I DC with HE HH & LTR with Coconut Oil this am. Applied leaveins and blowdried. Up in a pony it shall go.

Sent from my Zio

Last edited: