How many AA women you know are MBL or WL

Miss*Tress

I don't know anyone of any color IRL with hair longer than BSL. One of my white co-workers says her hair can't grow past that length because her ends get split and she has to cut.

SmilingElephant

It actually runs in my family....my cousins have had MBL length hair...My Great Great Grandmother was full blood Cheerokee and she had waistlength to tailbone length hair.

So i aint lyin bout having American Indian in my blood.

Almaz

All the women in my family and we are ALLL Black. Some Blacker than others.

Know I know a lot of Black women that could have long MBL to WL hair but they choose not too. So it is not always whether or not someone can grow their hair out or the care Sometimes some women just don't want long hair. Look around how many WW have WL hair walking around for the most part they are usually cut and styled.

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

My cousin, she cuts it back to MBL every month, and lets it grow longer every once in a while before she cuts it back to MBL the worst part about her is she literally does EVERYTHING wrong and still has long flowy pretty hair I be like:rolleyes: you got it sooooo good.

Cotton head scarf @ night goes to really cheap domonican salon where they use super high heat o her hair and barely DC her hair they're scissor-happy.....yet and still her hair is beautiful.....there are just some black folk that dont have to try*shrugs*

Almaz

Hahah But I am the ORIGINAL AFRICAN LOLOL. AA's are mixed with all sorts of things. So Black Brazilians don't count either although they could be considered AA because they are Africans of the Americas. hahaha:rolleyes:

Yes, but you don't "count" cuz you're not AA! LOL ;)

schipperchow1

3 MBL including myself. However, I have seen someone in the grocery store that looks to be a natural waist length -- but I don't know her:rolleyes:

Almaz

LAUGHING AT THE BOLDED. Yeah a REAL African. hahahah If there is a such thing. No My family never really did the threading thing. But a lot of my Nigerian and Ghanian friends did . They is real African too ya know :lachen::lachen:

I'm very glad you chimed in being the REAL article and all. I've seen your posts elsewhere on the subject and it's great to have a REAL AFRICAN tell us the score! :grin:

BTW, did your folks every use the threading technique? I'm really interested in that and how it works on longer hair.

Mizz Diamonds

IRL 5 My mother had MBL but cut it really short tired of the upkeep
My friend has MBL
my sister friend WL
my neighbour had MBL but cut it to SL
My high school art teacher had WL dread locks

Not AA but African and Carribean

Last edited:

goldielocs

I have 2 aunts who are MBL and a first cousin as well. They take after my grandmother's side of the family which is also where the white genes come from. I have WL only because I have dreadlocs so...

Other than that... I don't of anyone else with hair that long.

princessnad

OMG the Indian girls are taking hair tricks from us! This tickles me. :lachen:

This is the first thread on Indus Ladies.com. I've been a member for a while, but I don't check it.

Hi Ladies,

I found an interesting drink recipe to grow thick lush hair, in long hair care forum. It is called the Hair cocktail and the ingredients are:

3/4 glass of whole milk
1 raw egg,(whole egg)
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season.

I have started drinking this every morning and it is a complete breakfast. I use 1 whole banana and 5-6 strawberries or any berrries of choice, with the rest of the ingredients.

I thought it would be difficult to drink because of the smell of egg, but once i blended it with rest of the ingredients, did not taste or even smell the egg at all.

I am planning to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract as well. Hope to see results in 2-3 months.

If anyone is interested in trying out this recipe with me, you are welcome.

dynamic1

I have always known women with BSL, WSL and lower back length. Some of these women have had short hair cuts at different points and some maintained longer lengths. It was fortunate that I never fell into the "black women can't grow long hair" trap. I always saw evidence to the contrary.

In certain professional environments it is rare to see women of any race or ethnicity with hair past APL. Perhaps many women cut their hair to live up to certain norms.

JollyGal

OMG the Indian girls are taking hair tricks from us! This tickles me. :lachen:

This is the first thread on Indus Ladies.com. I've been a member for a while, but I don't check it.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sisters from another mister :grin:

It's cute.

I hope all WOC reach their hair goals

Dove56

I have tons of family members with super long hair. I've been WL and so have my mom and sis. My dad's father was a Creek Native American so my dad can grow very long hair too. I don't really know very many people, regardless of race, with MBL or WL hair or BSL for that matter. v

Last edited:

Honey01

No waist length. I can think of a couple of mid-back.

Honestly, I don't see many White women with hair that long. I usually only see this length on Indian and Mexican women.

carib_n_curly

i was going to say none then i remember one BSL relaxed she was trying to transitioning but she couldn't be bothered
most people i know with APL + hair are mixed race

i know one BSL natural it might be MBL
most people i know don't have much hair they would lose thier minds over being full SL let alone WL.they would lose their mind if they had a hair line let alone hair:look:

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I know two women who are MBL - my stylist's wife and one of my sorority sister's.

I know two sisters who are WL; they're 3b.

Glamorous_chic

i personally know none and have never seen any irl that weren't mixed with something else. the longest i've seen is a good friend of mine and her hair is a little past bsl, but not mbl. and although i may be stoned for this, and not to discount anything, but even though everyone likes to say that the average rate of hairgrowth is 6 inches/year, the only people i know with long hair are superfast growers. they can cut their hair, and it will grow back in 3 months. but i doesnt grow past a certain length (and no they aren't cutting it). also, they're hair has always been long, and is very resilient. so, i understand the "principles of hair growth", but my real life experience proves contradictory to the theoretical. and we can argue semantics, of that they're hair is growing but we aren't retaining, the end result is still the same. but, i do appreciate all of the advice found on this board, b/c it has opened my eyes to alot and made me more knowledgeable. thanks.