2015 Christian Random Thoughts - Stand Strong - 11:58 is Not Too Late

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Happy New Year Dearest Christian Sisters and Brothers --

Please keep these words in your heart:

H.A.P.P.Y. N.E.W. Y.E.A.R.

For there is joy in this year far more than you've ever known. No matter what situation you may find yourselves in, there is never a time to give up on God. There is never a time to give up on being happy no matter what challenges are in your lives.

When you're going through something and you're still praying / waiting for God to come to the rescue, no matter the time, the season or the hour --

Please keep in your heart no matter how close it seems to the midnight hour that 11:58 is not too late.

God's rescue will always be 'right on time'. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Stand Strong this year and beyond... 11:58 is not too late. God is there.

Love and blessings to each of you.

Love,
Shimmie

Isaiah 54:10

For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

It's 11:58 and God is here for you, right on time.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen

Last edited:

mz.rae

Hallelujah!!!! I am so thankful to God to be blessed to live another year!! I'm expecting greatness in 2015!

Highly Favored8

" Unto God be all of the praise
Unto God be all of the praise
For he has done great things so forever we will sing!" Praise God!

mz.rae

I thought I would share a little bit from my church's pre new year service. We read Luke 9:57-62 the message translation

Luke 9:46-48, 57-62 MSG

They started arguing over which of them would be most famous. When Jesus realized how much this mattered to them, he brought a child to his side. “Whoever accepts this child as if the child were me, accepts me,” he said. “And whoever accepts me, accepts the One who sent me. You become great by accepting, not asserting. Your spirit, not your size, makes the difference.” On the road someone asked if he could go along. “I’ll go with you, wherever,” he said. Jesus was curt: “Are you ready to rough it? We’re not staying in the best inns, you know.” Jesus said to another, “Follow me.” He said, “Certainly, but first excuse me for a couple of days, please. I have to make arrangements for my father’s funeral.” Jesus refused. “First things first. Your business is life, not death. And life is urgent: Announce God’s kingdom!” Then another said, “I’m ready to follow you, Master, but first excuse me while I get things straightened out at home.” Jesus said, “No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God’s kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day.”

The topic was Now! Whatever it is that you have planned start doing it NOW! Don't wait for tomorrow or the day after that. Most people act out of excuses. Living with hopes of tomorrow doesn't help with today, you can walk in your blessings now!

Last night was truly a great service and I enjoyed being able to worship with my SO. I know I was talking about leaving, but something in my spirit was saying no not yet, and I just feel it's important for me and my SO to be in the same building worshipping together especially since this is where we met. This year I just pray the Lord teaches me to guard my heart so I don't easily take offense to things.

mz.rae

Romans 8:31-39 MSG

So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

LiftedUp

Tomorrow is the first Sunday of the year! I'm excited! Going to sleep early tonight - must.wake.up.on.time

Have a great night ladies :)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
What a lovely message from above...to start a new year. Hallelujah!

Jesus did tell us (man) that our time is always ready..but we should trust God instead, because His timing is always perfect.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Dearest Christian Sisters and Brothers --

Please keep these words in your heart:

H.A.P.P.Y. N.E.W. Y.E.A.R.

For there is joy in this year far more than you've ever known. No matter what situation you may find yourselves in, there is never a time to give up on God. There is never a time to give up on being happy no matter what challenges are in your lives.

When you're going through something and you're still praying / waiting for God to come to the rescue, no matter the time, the season or the hour --

Please keep in your heart no matter how close it seems to the midnight hour that 11:58 is not too late.

God's rescue will always be 'right on time'. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Stand Strong this year and beyond... 11:58 is not too late. God is there.

Love and blessings to each of you.

Love,
Shimmie

Isaiah 54:10

For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

It's 11:58 and God is here for you, right on time.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen

Last edited:

mz.rae

Really irritated right now, I've been looking for a doctor for almost a year. The insurance I have really sucks and frankly I'm better off without it. I just really want to get this big keloid removed from off my ear. Why does this have to be so hard? Needless to say I haven't been to the doctor for a real physical in like 5 years. Honestly Obamacare really does suck!

Divine.

There's a spirit around here. I feel like it's purpose is to distract and confuse the body. We're all sisters in Christ yet we can't seem to agree. It's become quieter as well. More lurkers, less talkers. There's something going on.

Laela

Hope everyone's having a great week!

No matter how many times I read it, this verse of the day is a fresh brew:

"Jesus, therefore, said unto the Jews who believed in him, `If ye may remain in my word, truly my disciples ye are, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' " John 8:31-32 YLT

mz.rae

I'm praying for peace, especially for myself. Every time I see this person it grips my spirit. And I start to feel a combination of anger and sadness. It really hurts to see them on the friends list of my cousin, even though my cousin doesn't know the history behind me and this person. And the person doesn't know that that is my cousin, so really I shouldn't feel any type of way. But it still kind of hurts not because I miss the person, but more so I miss what they did. But I am trusting in God through the midst of it all.

Nice Lady

“Sometimes doubting is not a lack of faith, but an expression of it. Sometimes to doubt is to merely insist that God be taken seriously not frivolously, to insist that our faith is placed in and upheld by something other than seeming conjuring tricks.”
― Mark Buchanan, Your God Is Too Safe

Laela

Mistaken Identity

Jesus questioned the Pharisees about His identity: “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?” They replied, “The Son of David” (Matt. 22:42). The identity of Messiah was critical, and their answer was correct but incomplete. The Scriptures had affirmed that Messiah would come and reign on the throne of His father David. But Jesus reminded them that though David would be Christ’s ancestor, He would also be more—David referred to Him as “Lord.”

Faced with a similar question, Peter rightly answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matt. 16:16). Still today, the question of Jesus’ identity rises above the rest in significance—and it is eternally important that we make no mistake in understanding who He is.

Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
In Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender, how firm to the end,
Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend
. —Grant

No mistake is more dangerous than mistaking the identity of Jesus.

{Source: Daily Bread}

Last edited:

Laela

Isaiah 54:17

"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

JaneBond007

Folks keep making all these jokes about Jesus but when their own problems are brought to light, they can't say, "I'm guilty, I'm sorry." Nope. Who will have the last laugh?

Laela

I can't wait for those people to finally get arrested so I can enjoy my membership here. Prayer is key, yes.
This is a new year, this is getting old and tiresome.

Folks keep making all these jokes about Jesus but when their own problems are brought to light, they can't say, "I'm guilty, I'm sorry." Nope. Who will have the last laugh?

Laela

There is nothing more sad to see than mistaken identity.

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. Rev. 12:10

mz.rae

I often feel down about not being close to my family. I see how a lot of people have these big close families to the point where they don't really need outside friends. I'm not sure if I will ever have that type of relationship with my family. I often feel like black sheep or lone wolf that no one wants to bother. I pray that God's will be done in this area. I try to reach out, but I feel it's a two way street. I shouldn't be the only one trying to create a bond.

JaneBond007

Psalm 56:8English Standard Version (ESV)

8 You have kept count of my tossings;[a]
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?

Nehemiah 8:10English Standard Version (ESV)

10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

don't mind that siggy, it's meant to be funny

Divine.

This pain that I'm feeling hurts, but I know what's birthed from it will be great. God will receive all the glory.

bellatiamarie

This pain that I'm feeling hurts, but I know what's birthed from it will be great. God will receive all the glory.

This is where I am right now as well... God has been reminding me through it all that everything is working together for my good! Stay the course Divine. If you keep sowing through your tears.... you'll be able to smile during the harvest!