Bible Trivia...Want to Play!?

Iwanthealthyhair67

Shimmie it seems your up for the next question...while we are waiting, here's an easy one the name of the person with the longest name in the bible and where is his name mentioned

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
@Prudent, I believe that's right...can you say it fast, 3 times? lol..

I'll await your question.

Thanks for the link!

blazingthru

At this season next year you will embrace a son.” And she said, “No, my lord, O man of God, do not lie to your maidservant.”

The woman conceived and bore a son at that season the next year
What was this woman called?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
At this season next year you will embrace a son.” And she said, “No, my lord, O man of God, do not lie to your maidservant.”

The woman conceived and bore a son at that season the next year
What was this woman called?

Blaz'... thank you so much for this question. I absolutely LOVE this story of faith. As soon as I saw your post, I just felt an outburst of faith in my heart.

There is even a hymn inspired by the infamous words of faith of this woman, who was called a Shunammite. Her infamous words which became a hymn, "It is Well" ...

The story is in 2 Kings 4 ....:yep:

8 And it fell on a day, that ELISHA passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
12 And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
13 And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.

16 And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.

17 And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that ELISHA had said unto her, according to the time of life.

18 And when the child was grown, it fell on a day, that he went out to his father to the reapers.
19 And he said unto his father, My head, my head. And he said to a lad, Carry him to his mother.
20 And when he had taken him, and brought him to his mother, he sat on her knees till noon, and then died.
21 And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
22 And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
23 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.

.....26 Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:

This story of faith is an excellent 'read'.... I love it. :lol:

It is Well!

Of course the story doesn't end here. It only gets better. This Shunammite woman didn't play. Her faith was out there and she wasn't taking 'no' for any answer.

Praise God...

ETA: I'm a King James Translation reader :lol: :yep:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

this one of my favorite stories, in fact if someone asks me how I'm doing my response is always; "All is Well"!

Blaz'... thank you so much for this question. I absolutely LOVE this story of faith. As soon as I saw your post, I just felt an outburst of faith in my heart.

There is even a hymn inspired by the infamous words of faith of this woman, who was called a Shunammite. Her infamous words which became a hymn, "It is Well" ...

The story is in 2 Kings 4 ....:yep:

8 And it fell on a day, that ELISHA passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
12 And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
13 And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.

16 And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.

17 And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that ELISHA had said unto her, according to the time of life.

18 And when the child was grown, it fell on a day, that he went out to his father to the reapers.
19 And he said unto his father, My head, my head. And he said to a lad, Carry him to his mother.
20 And when he had taken him, and brought him to his mother, he sat on her knees till noon, and then died.
21 And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
22 And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
23 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.

.....26 Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:

This story of faith is an excellent 'read'.... I love it. :lol:

It is Well!

Of course the story doesn't end here. It only gets better. This Shunammite woman didn't play. Her faith was out there and she wasn't taking 'no' for any answer.

Praise God...

ETA: I'm a King James Translation reader :lol: :yep:

blazingthru

Thank you so much Shimmie for you comments they have lifted my spirits.
Lets keep this going, I get excited when there is a new question.

blazingthru

okay don't be mad at me I just want to keep this going. lots of food for thought.

What is Zelophehad's daughters names?, what was their issue?

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie..? your question? Prudent has left the bldg... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like I left the building too. :lol:

Okay:

Jesus was giving us a lesson on giving. What is the scripture when He said, ".... and give them your coat also..."

It's easy to do this in the desert :look:

Shimmie

Staff member
okay don't be mad at me I just want to keep this going. lots of food for thought.

What is Zelophehad's daughters names?, what was their issue?

These women wanted their inheritance and they weren't playing about it either... :nono:

Numbers 27: 1-7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Then came the daughters of Zelophehad, the son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, of the families of Manasseh the son of Joseph: and these are the names of his daughters; Mahlah, Noah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Tirzah.

2 And they stood before Moses, and before Eleazar the priest, and before the princes and all the congregation, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,

3 Our father died in the wilderness, and he was not in the company of them that gathered themselves together against the LORD in the company of Korah; but died in his own sin, and had no sons.

4 Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no son? Give unto us therefore a possession among the brethren of our father.

And Moses brought their cause before the LORD .. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

7 The daughters of Zelophehad speak right: thou shalt surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father's brethren; and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to pass unto them.

--------------------------------

Verse 7 speaks volumes... The daughters speak right... :happydance:

Somebody up in here has an inheritance which has been held back. By asking for it, you 'speak right'. Oh yes you do. :yep:

Laela

^^ITA Shimmmie, to get that inheritance, we must not only just speak it but speak it RIGHT. This is soooooo true....

Laela

It's part of the Sermon on the Mount, a great lesson on turning the other cheek:

Matthew 5:39-41
Amplified Bible (AMP)
But I say to you, Do not resist the evil man [who injures you]; but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, turn to him the other one too.
And if anyone wants to sue you and take your undershirt (tunic), let him have your coat also.
And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two [miles].

Jesus was giving us a lesson on giving. What is the scripture when He said, ".... and give them your coat also..."

It's easy to do this in the desert :look:

Laela

There are three arks mentioned in the Bible: Noah's Ark, Ark of the Covenant, and ?.

What is the third ark?

Iwanthealthyhair67

The Ark of Bulrushes
Exodus 2:3And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink.

Moses was hidden in an ark of bulrushes...

Shimmie

Staff member
There are three arks mentioned in the Bible: Noah's Ark, Ark of the Covenant, and ?.

What is the third ark?

Didn't Moses have an Ark? Something about the Bulbrushes (sp????). When he was a baby, he was placed upon it.

I'll be right back?

Genesis 2.. Ooooo, he was a 'wittle' baby and this was his baby Ark... :yep:

1 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.

2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

3 And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink.

It was bulrushes and not bulbrushes.... My bad... :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member

Iwanthealthyhair67

oops sorry

Didn't Moses have an Ark? Something about the Bulbrushes (sp????). When he was a baby, he was placed upon it.

I'll be right back?

Genesis 2.. Ooooo, he was a 'wittle' baby and this was his baby Ark... :yep:

1 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.

2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

3 And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink.

It was bulrushes and not bulbrushes.... My bad... :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
K...

How many wives and cocubines did Solomon have???

One thousand totalled...

700 Wives and 300 cocubines... :yep:

But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

I Kings 11:1-5

-------------

This passage speaks volumes. It's a revelation. That a man with money, riches and power, is prone to having several women. He's bored, not working, has nothing better to do with his time and energies.

This does not apply to 'ALL' men with money, riches and power. However, look a recent and past news reports. The 'cheating' husbands in political power, money, etc. John Edwards, The New York governor who had the mistress in another country; "Arnold" Kindergarten Cop whose foolish folley killed his marriage; pastors who have exploited women, men and young boys... :nono:

While posting this scripture it simply occurred to me that this is nothing new... men with money go crazy with sex and women (or men).

And if you ever notice... it's always with a 'Strange woman' or doing strange things with other men.

Not ALL.. but enough to say, "Shame on them..." :nono:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

You are right @Shimmie, do ask the next question...

Solomon was one tired king...Lord have mercy....seriously, this is also a great example about marrying out of your race and falling into your spouses customs good or bad...

One thousand totalled...

700 Wives and 300 cocubines... :yep:

But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

I Kings 11:1-5

-------------

This passage speaks volumes. It's a revelation. That a man with money, riches and power, is prone to having several women. He's bored, not working, has nothing better to do with his time and energies.

This does not apply to 'ALL' men with money, riches and power. However, look a recent and past news reports. The 'cheating' husbands in political power, money, etc. John Edwards, The New York governor who had the mistress in another country; "Arnold" Kindergarten Cop whose foolish folley killed his marriage; pastors who have exploited women, men and young boys... :nono:

While posting this scripture it simply occurred to me that this is nothing new... men with money go crazy with sex and women (or men).

And if you ever notice... it's always with a 'Strange woman' or doing strange things with other men.

Not ALL.. but enough to say, "Shame on them..." :nono: