Bible Trivia...Want to Play!?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Here's one for someone to research... :yep:

Where is my Daughter's name mentioned in the Bible and what does it mean?

Her name is 'Dara'.

Just adding a little challenge here. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie the bible doesn't say Dara but Darda which is in 1 Chron 2:6 who was a descendant of Judah

Thanks Loved One. :giveheart:

King James Version: I Chronicles 2:6

And the sons of Zerah; Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara :yep: : five of them in all.

In Hebrew it's ''Dara''. Heart (or Pearl) of Wisdom

Dara | דָרָה

Meaning: Pearl of Wisdom
Origin: Hebrew
Alternate Spellings: Darah, Darra

http://www.kveller.com/jewish_names/display.php?n=Dara&k=831

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
list four (4) names of the MAN OF SIN who is the devil, excluding the obvious names devil, lucifer and satan w/scripture please.
Revelation 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue has his name Apollyon. (Does this count as two names?)

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.

Isaiah 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years…

Iwanthealthyhair67

Nymphe you are correct, please ask the next question

Revelation 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue has his name Apollyon. (Does this count as two names?)

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.

Isaiah 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years…

Shimmie

Staff member
list four (4) names of the MAN OF SIN who is the devil, excluding the obvious names devil, lucifer and satan w/scripture please.

Beelzebub

“Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, ‘This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.’” Matthew 12:24

Ruler of this World

Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” John 12:31,32

Accuser of the Brethren

“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, ‘Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.’” Revelation 12:10

satan is also the 'AntiChrist'

“And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” 1 John 4:3

Angel of Light

“And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.” 2 Corinthians 11:14

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Many were called, few were chosen -- too many men showed up unequipped/not prepared for battle, afraid or not wary. This thinning out of the camp was to prove to the Midianites that it is God they were fighting. Judges 6-7
Why did the Lord reduce the number of Jerubaal’s army?

Laela

^^ lol.. it's both chapters, for context... because God told Gideon beforehand the battle would be by His hand :yep:

Laela

Balaam

Numbers 22:

10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message: 11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”

12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.”

Shimmie

Staff member
Balaam

Numbers 22:

10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message: 11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”

12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.”

YES ! ! ! Thanks Laela. I love this story. Even the mule talked, and he refused to be walked and carry the man Balaam, to bring a curse upon the children whom God has blessed.

Everyone PLEASE take those words to heart. NO ONE CAN CURSE YOU! For you are blessed and protected under the Covenant Blood of Jesus.

Sorry :giggle:

Back to Trivia... :yep:

blazingthru

Jesus cursed three cities. What cities were they?
Matthew 11:21-23 KJV
Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum
"Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day."

Shimmie

Staff member
How Many Years did God add on to Hezekiahs life after his illness and God healed him?

:wave: Hi blazingthru ... :kiss:

Hold on to these words in your hearts, Loved ones. :love2:

Thus saith the Lord...

I have heard your prayers, I have seen your tears...

Okay, here's the trivia answer:

From both 2 Kings 20:5 and Isaiah 38:5

Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you.

On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. And I will add to your days fifteen years.

God doesn't stop with healing King Hezekiah... He wins the battle that was also against him...

Check it out...:yep:

I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.” ’ ”

Then Isaiah said, “Take a lump of figs.” So they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

---

Who likes figs? They have healing properties... :yep: