Is Viviscal worth the money?

Ennyaa

Well I'm taking Viviscal and have been since I believe the end of December. It's difficult for me to tell just how much of my growth is due to the Viviscal because I take SO MANY things. But I'm happy with my progress and not willing to stop if it might slow me down. I don't consider it a waste of money because 1- I can afford it and 2- I believe it's contributing in some way to my growth. It's all up to the individual. If you try it and decide it's not for you then so be it. But I believe that you really must stick with something for a while before you just write it off. Just my opinion.

RabiaElaine

Ennyaa,
I totally agree with you and the other ladies. I think I'm going to try Viviscal as soon as I can get the funds together. I'm going to try for six months and see how it works for me. If it does then great!! I found Viviscal for $263 (I think) for a 6 months supply.

I think all of those who are going to try Viviscal should really try and keep track and keep each other informed. We can do that by periodically updating using this thread perhaps.

Good Luck

H

HoneyRockette

Rabia, if you buy it from iherb.com, it is only $253 for a six month's supply. They give a 12% discount if your order is over $240. It will come out to $288 and then you have to enter the appropriate discount code.

H

HoneyRockette

bump. Rabia, what did you decide? Ennyaa and OnlyErin, are you still taking it?

jamaraa

IMHO, you can get the alleged benefits (and many more) of Vivascal from a good fish oil product for far less money (there's everything fro Cod Liver to Salmon). Most come in softgels, so they are (relatively) easy to swallow. LOL...if you wanna splash out and spend a bit extra, buy some shark cartilege.

BTW, If anyone has an allegry to fish or fish byproducts, Viviscal is NOT for you!

OnlyErin

I haven't taken anything for awhile, but am on the verge of getting more Viviscal and also a supply of Amino Hair. My hair is finally "below shoulderlength," so I'm looking for a push any way I can get it!

OE

Isis

OnlyErin-

Are you still getting the same new growth results? Are you taking 1 or 2 tablets per day of Viviscal?

OnlyErin

[ QUOTE ]
OnlyErin-

Are you still getting the same new growth results? Are you taking 1 or 2 tablets per day of Viviscal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, the only thing I've taken for the past 3 months have been Flintstone chewable vitamins (Thanks, Peachtree!), and I've seen maybe a little more growth that normal. With Viviscal and with Amino Hair esp., the new growth was more noticeable quicker, which is why I'm gonna stock up again.

OE

HOTCHOCOLATE

Well, I've decided to start Viviscal and give it the full six months. I just got tired of taking all those pills, which I was averaging $30 or so a month. We will see.

LABETT

I have taken both viviscal and delinea and I think it is worth the money.I took viviscal for 8 months and had
great. results.viviscal is the only vitamin that changed the texture of my hair and made it thicker.
I switched to delinea about 6 months ago and I had good
results with delinea also and I did not double the amount
to equal viviscal and my skin cleared up also.
THE SAD THING IS DELINEA HAS BEEN DISCOUNTINED AT GNC AND
REPLACE WITH ANOTHER EXPENSIVE HAIR VITAMIN.

when I run out of delinea I will start viviscal again and I order from IHERB.COM.

T

Tee

I've been using Viviscal for 8+ months, and although I haven't been consistent with it lately, I think it does work to some extent. I don't think it's a miracle product and it costs way too much for what it does. There are better supplements out there (Freeda Biotin) that give better and more immediate results. I don't plan on buying Viviscal again after I finish my current supply.

Healthb4Length

Hi ladies, I've been interested in Vivi for awhile found some interested info. If you go to www.viviforyou.com you'll find that vivi has improved their formula (now in pink box) for women and also if you sign up for their discount program you'll get a really good percentage off. If I choose to order the six month program (Black box-old formula), I'll get it for $233.27 + 5.50 for shipping, please check it out go to viviforyou.com or theauroragrp.com.

Bunny77

I used to use this stuff, and never thought it worked, but then, when I look back at old pictures from that 6 month period, I think I had the longest hair I had since I was in middle school (when I had some looong hair).

So, I'm debating starting this again, but of course, money is an issue. Alli, or anyone, have you noticed a difference with the women's Viviscal or would I be fine with the old stuff?

sengschick

The Bun Master
I started again w/the old stuff. It worked for me in the past, but I had to hack that hair off (still flat ironing every week
). It hadn't been that long in awhile, so I'm trying to get it back. It only gave me an inch a month... I don't think much more but we'll see this time. I found it on ebay and saved a little money... under $150 for 3 boxes. I think $40 per box, but shipping was $5 per box or some crap. I haven't finished the first months supply yet.

Healthb4Length

I haven't tried it yet but the site says that the regular formula works just fine and that the new formula has a few more vitamins that are good for women's hair. So if you want just go for the regular formula.

Healthb4Length

if you go to viviforyou.com and get coupons it would be $120 for 3 months supply and also they now have an incentive program, for every $100 that you spend you get back like $40. Sounds good to me, I will be ordering in the next couple of months.

S

Salliquay

There is an alternative to Viviscal it's from Hong Kong but they ship pretty fast: Viviscal is made up of Marine Protein and Acerola Cherry which originally came from Asia. You can order Marino which is $27 dollars or Sea Derm which is about $13.75. http://www.21stcentury.com.hk/english/default1.htm

You can also get K-Max Marine Protein 60 Tablets or

Vitagest Marine Protein for 200mg the cost is $5.49

Finally you can also get the one that I have been using for years which is Bioglo:It contains Marine Protein and Acerola Cherry in little sachets that you take daily with juice.

http://proven.virtualave.net/anti-aging.html cost $23.80 with free shipping charges.

don't be fooled by Viviscal my friend lives in Europe and she get's Viviscal for $15 dollars in the drugstore
They sell viviscal for about $50 dollars here (use to be $75) because America likes to capatalize on Americans and their money. So the European company that sells Viviscal to the Americans make a profit and the American company makes double the profit.

Aalize

[ QUOTE ]
There is an alternative to Viviscal it's from Hong Kong but they ship pretty fast: Viviscal is made up of Marine Protein and Acerola Cherry which originally came from Asia. You can order Marino which is $27 dollars or Sea Derm which is about $13.75. http://www.21stcentury.com.hk/english/default1.htm

You can also get K-Max Marine Protein 60 Tablets or

Vitagest Marine Protein for 200mg the cost is $5.49

Finally you can also get the one that I have been using for years which is Bioglo:It contains Marine Protein and Acerola Cherry in little sachets that you take daily with juice.

http://proven.virtualave.net/anti-aging.html cost $23.80 with free shipping charges.

don't be fooled by Viviscal my friend lives in Europe and she get's Viviscal for $15 dollars in the drugstore
They sell viviscal for about $50 dollars here (use to be $75) because America likes to capatalize on Americans and their money. So the European company that sells Viviscal to the Americans make a profit and the American company makes double the profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking those marine protein tablets. The only thing is that I don't take them regularly, plus I have natural hair so it's hard to see growth anyway. Has anyone here tried marine protein by itself and got results?

Is that $15 or 15 pounds or euro's or whatever currency it is? Maybe you could post a little more info that our members living in Europe can get some.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I get my Marine Protein from http://shop.store.yahoo.com/elitelabs/marprot3090t.html and I've been taking it since about January. I don't think my hair has grown substantially faster from taking it but it is stronger. I also take a Silica capsule daily. What I notice most is the improvement in the strength of my hair (resists splits & damage from handling) and especially the improvement in the look & feel of my skin.

S

Salliquay

YEs Marine Protein in itself works very well, you could get some individually then buy some Acerola Cherry which helps the protein absorb or digest.

My hair has been growing fast but it does take about 2 months and daily consistency to see a signifigant improvemnt in growth rate with marine protein and about 6 months to see a major change but that is why viviscal is so popular because marine protein works.

I'll have to post newer pics because my hair is now below my shoulders.

I would get Marine Protein and the Acerola Cherry seperately and take more than 2 tablets a day which I think Viviscal tells you to do. I take about 3-4 per day.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
So is everyone still using the formula in the Black box or have you switched to the pink box?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still ordering the black box. But I might switch to the pink next go round. I think it's worth the money, b/c it does what it promises. At least it did for me.

MizAvalon

Bump.

Is anyone still using this? I had never heard of it and just read about it in Vogue. Thought I would bump this since there are a lot of new members now.