Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

BlessedStarlette

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

Ladies this thread is so encouraging and gives us single ladies hope. I am an emotional wreck right now long story but my time will come. Special thanks to shimmie for your encouraging words and giving it to me straight. mrselle for some reason I see I am always drawn to your post. I guess because you have been through what I am going through. I dont know what else to say but your post always give me a special feeling of hope.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

Ladies this thread is so encouraging and gives us single ladies hope. I am an emotional wreck right now long story but my time will come. Special thanks to shimmie for your encouraging words and giving it to me straight.

mrselle for some reason I see I am always drawn to your post. I guess because you have been through what I am going through. I dont know what else to say but your post always give me a special feeling of hope.

:kiss: I'm so glad you're here. Mrselle is definitely a true blessing; she's guided me in many a way.

And you Dear One are a bright blessed and shining Star among us. :yep:

The Glory of God glows from within and all around you. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member

Momi, ITA with you on the bolded.. it's truly a lost of faith when a single woman professes that. Not only that, when she says something like this, she is speaking this confession over her life and God will not bless her with a husband because that isn't the desire of her heart.

It's also the Power of Attraction at work. When I felt not worthy of having a husband, what I attracted were men who were NOT husband material. God really doesn't work in our lives unless we belong to him...it's that simple.

bless you! :bighug:

I couldn’t agree with this more. When I had low self esteem, guys picked up on that and used it to their advantage. During the time that my husband and I were not together I settled for some things that I would never dream of settling for now. I constantly allowed myself to be the “rebound” girl or to be a fill in until the guy and his “true love” got back together. I spent many birthdays and Valentine’s days alone. Not because I didn’t have anyone in the picture, but because none of those guys ever regarded me as special enough to acknowledge me on such days.

The two of you are such a Testimony unto to God. Powerful! And you are both truly annointed to Minister to those in need. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member

I am grateful to those who have shared their stories. :yep: You women are a blessing!
I'll share mine and hopefully it can encourage anyone who thinks it's "too late" for God or for a husband. I'll explain but to anyone who wants to read further, I ask that the Holy Spirit help you to understand this testimony, because it is two-fold:

===================================================================

I grew up in the church and of all my mom's four daughters, I was the one everyone most likely expected to be married w/ children right after high school. That was THEIR plan for me, though.. after I graduated I went to college and got buck wild (not too wild). :lachen: I told myself I'd never get married and offered anyone who took the risk of taking me out or making me a girlfriend nothing but hell and damnation. I was not to be "pinned down"!

Fast forward to three years ago, I "meet" my husband. I met him when I was just tired of relationships, tired of living any kind of way and just plain tired. I didn't want a man. I didn't want anyone around me, and was just about to give up on men, even God. I had been living with a "conscious" brother and his family ,who also was a self-proclaimed atheist and it got the best of me. I started to question God and it felt horrible..so at the behest of my mother through long phone calls, I started going back to church. She is one of those Prayer Warriors who have been saved most of her life. She gave me instructions on how to get right with God: Go to church right away, bring with you a bottle of olive oil and have it blessed. Annoint your door and pray and plan to move out... FAST. At first I didn't want to do that but I was so drained by the Enemy, I needed to do it.

When I went to church that day, God revealed a lot to me. It was a church I randomly picked and I didn't know anyone there but I was familiar with the denomination. I didn't say anything yet the church members felt something during the service that made them start to pray and thank God. I was bit a bit irritated and almost turned around to go home, but I stayed. I knew there was a battle going on and my heart was racing. Sure enough, the pastor said he was compelled to pray for ALL the visitors. It was strange to me, because I'd never been prayed for as a visitor. Still, I obliged and I was the last one at the end of the line. Sure enough, when the pastor laid his hands on me the battle started.

I was on the floor the entire service. At some point, the leaders even asked me what my name was and I kept telling them my name, confused. It was then I realized I was oppressed and that one of those spirits from the house came to church with me that day and God wasn't having any of that. Fear set in for a moment. Toward the end of the service, they got me up from the floor. They asked me to drink some holy water and I refused. They asked again, I again refused. Then I finally did ...moments later, when I came to... I felt light and refreshed, as if I'd just taken a shower. It was a very powerful experience but I was not truly afraid because I really knew what was going on.

Service was over, and I was about to leave the church. But realized I still had that brown bag in my hand with the olive oil I'd bought at the store before service. What my mom had told me started to echo in my mind: "Have the pastor bless your oil...". I shrugged and started to leave the church but stopped and turned back to the pulpit. I quietly walked toward the pastor and asked him if he could bless my oil... he just nodded. He prayed and after he prayed, he stared me in the eyes and told me whoever it is I am living with, I must separate myself from them. Tears rolled down my face and I thanked him and left.
This is how I know of Attestation! I had never met or spoken to anyone at that church the entire time I was there.

Sure enough, when I got back to the house, I anointed my bedroom door. The next day, the atheist's wife saw that I had put holy oil on my bedroom door).. All hell literally broke loose after that... so I had to move out, quickly.

A month later I meet my DH. :rosebud:

I met him at his sister's house one day while getting my car serviced (her husband was my mechanic). He had comes over to visit his sis. We literally stared at each other. And I told him, "Hey... I know you!" and laughed. He was an old high school classmate. Better yet, we grew up on the same street! I always knew him but never interacted with him, even in high school. I always saw him as the shy one, and he thought I talked too much.

As we talked, we realized that over the years our paths crisscrossed and we "knew" that had we hooked up in high school, we'd have years of marriage and dozens of children.. :lachen: He really came along just in time...and his real name literally means "Friend of God.

Six months later, we married. We talked marriage from the beginning, so there was no "dating" per se. It was a timely courtship because our pastor was speaking on fornication and sanctification at the time. :yep:

What's ironic is I had gotten saved around age 11 and grew up in church. He never grew up in church and got saved later in life. God used him to draw me back to him... and because of DH, I joined the first church since my old church back home, more than 20 years later.

My family jokingly calls us Sarah and Abraham. We're both in our early 40s but he has a daughter and I am raising a teen nephew, but we are open to having more children. In James 2:23, God calls Abraham his friend. :laugh: It's an irony that keeps me and hubby laughing all the time.

So if anyone here is just tired and about to give up, I encourage you to RUN to God.
He'll fix everything and deliver to you a husband he's designed just for you. This is how I feel about my hubby.

Today was his birthday and we hung out all day together. He's a very modest man, but my present to him was a diamond watch he gawked at at the jewelry store when we bought our rings. The store manager knew that and he and I manage to keep the purchase a secret. He not only gave me a great deal on the price (and a discount on the inscription in the back), he gave my hubby a nice birthday card and signed it when I came to pick it up. :)

I felt blessed indeed. Thank you Lord!

Shimmie, it's just a beautiful thing for you to have put up this thread when you did.

To those who are praying for a hubby... don't give up on God, he knows what he's doing!

God bless
:rosebud:

I've said this to you before, and I will say it again, yet this time with more 'understanding'

In Arabic, the meaning of your name, is "Night Beauty". The darkness which God delivered you from will never be a 'mark' upon your worth, your stature, your character. For God erased that darkness, and created in and of you, the beauty that 'His' nights only can bring.

In God's Night, there is peace, quiet, rest.

In God's Night, there is solitude and protection

In God's Night, there is renewal and wisdom's reflection

In God's Night, there is intimate communion that no other can intrude.

In God's Night, there is the treasure of secrets and Destiny to be known

In God's Night, a man and wife come together as 'One' and God's glory
is securely surrounding them.

In God's Night, the sun sets without anger and love most surely abounds

In God's Night, there is Laela's husband waiting for his 'Night Beauty' and only by him shall she be found.

Lovely Laela, God delivered you from one darkness only to place you into His Night to bless you with the man of your Dreams, who will always be 'just right'. :rosebud:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. Praise God. for you and your wonderful precious husband. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amem.

Shimmie

Staff member

Ladies, this is no 'ordinary' Bridal Shower.

The word of God and His Holy Spirit is flowing in here. He's been giving me a word for each of you. You are 'pulling' it from me. :yep:

Keep it flowing. :rosebud:

kooskoos

My story could read like a novel, so I'll just try to hit the highlights.

-As a freshman in college I was very young, inexperienced and naive. I liked the attention the upperclassmen were giving me, but I kept running into a common theme: they were just feeding me lines to get me into bed and I wasn't that kind of girl. One night I was sitting at my desk reading my Bible and I began to talk to God. I told him that I was ready to be in a long lasting relationship. I told him that I was ready to meet my husband and that I didn't care if we didn't get married right away, I was just ready to meet the one. A week later I met the man who would become my husband.

-We dated off and on for two years. To be honest, the relationship wasn't the best thing for me at the time. I was 18 and he was 23. I was naive and he took advantage of that. I also had very low self esteem. But I believe that God allowed me to see the man that he would become and that is why I held on to him in my heart.

-Over the next few years God really dealt with me and He grew a gift in me that kind of scared me. I would pray and hear God talking to me and He would give me dreams and visions. One night I was laying on my parents couch when I heard Him say, "It's not over between the two of you." Another time I was praying about one thing, but God lead me to pray for my ex-boyfriend. I asked God to reveal to me if he was the one for me or not. A few days later I received my answer and God communicated His answer to me in a such a way that I couldn't miss it. From there I continued to have dreams and visions. I told my closest friend what God was showing me. She was supportive to my face, but behind my back it was a different story. Eventually, God blessed me with a friend/prayer partner who has the gift of prophecy. What I was experiencing wasn't odd to her and she began to pray with me.

-The real turning point was when my future husband was in a very serious motorcycle accident. He had been in the hospital for a week before I was able to see him, so I had no idea how serious his accident was. When I finally got to see him he was in pretty bad shape. The first day I went to see him it was just me and one of his aunts. I think God wanted it that way. When I walked into his room he took one look at me and closed his eyes as if he were saying a prayer to himself. He couldn't talk much, so I just sat with him for a few minutes. Before I left I told him I wanted to pray with him. I stood on one side, his aunt on the other, we joined hands and I began to pray. When I was done, I leaned down, kissed him on his forehead and left. When I walked out of his room I had peace. Over the next few weeks, God began to deal with me. I was forced to ask myself if I would still want to marry this man if he could never walk again. It wasn't something that was easy to think about, but my answer was yes. Yes, I would still want to spend the rest of my life with this man if he could never walk again. What about if he couldn't give me children? Yes, I would still want to marry this man.

-Once he got out of the hospital he went to his parents house to finish his recovery because he was not able to care for himself. During that time I went to see him once a week. We'd spend our time together reading the Bible, talking, laughing, watching tv and I would take him out for a ride because I knew he didn't like being couped up in the house. A few days before he moved back to his house he and I had a long conversation over the phone. During that conversation he told me I had been a great friend to him and he appreciated me. I was so discouraged to hear the word "friend". When I told my prayer partner about it she told me that him calling me a friend was the ultimate compliment because a good friend is hard to come by. To her, he was learning that if I could be that good of a friend to him then I could be an even better wife.

-We continued to build our friendship. This is something we didn't do the first time we dated. There were times I would become discouraged. There were times when I felt like giving up, but God would always give a little bit of hope to hold on to. Every time I would hear from God I would write it down. During those rough times when my faith was lacking I would take out that journal and read what God had said to me. He had said, "It may seem like it's not working but it is." "You will get married." "He is your husband." "He is yours, but you can't hold him too tight. The wife can sanctify the husband." At some point I just developed a sense of complete and total peace and instead of second guessing God I began to thank Him in advance for my marriage. One night I had a dream. In that dream I was looking out of a window. It was raining. The rain stopped and to the right the sun was coming out and there was a rainbow. I looked down and there was a faucet with clear water coming out. I knew that was God's way of telling me it was time. From that moment on my relationship with my husband changed. He began calling me everyday, even when he was out of town for work. He would ask me out on dates. He was courting me. One night we were sitting on my couch watching tv when he looked at me and said "Do you forgive me for the way I treated you when you were in college." Without hesitating I told him yes. I did forgive him. He had become a different person. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was ready to be in a committed relationship with me and only me. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was working toward us getting married. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was following God and seeking God and allowing God to show him how to be a good husband. I saw no trace of the bad things in our old relationship and that made it easy to forgive him.

-On our wedding day when the pastor pronounced us husband and wife, my husband kissed me, gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "It's all gravy from hear, Baby" and it has been. We go through hard times together, but its during those times when I'm so glad that I waited on God and trusted and believed God. I had to believe God for my husband when no one else was believing God with me. I had to believe God when everyone else thought that I was out of touch with reality. I am constantly reminded of how good God is and how perfect His ways are because there are things my husband does for me that only God would know that I need. I'm glad I waited on God.

I've been truly blessed by all you amazing ladies and your stories. I do believe that God has already told me who my husband is, and Mrselle, I do think our stories are very similar. But sometimes circumstances make it hard for me to believe that God is really going to give me what I've asked for. I pray for this man EVERY DAY, and I love him with all my heart, and I pray that God writes our story to be as beautiful as all yours :grouphug:

Mrs.TheBronx

Heyyyy..... I used to chat with VitaminD!!

j/k :duck:

Seriously, I'm happy to see you both serving God together and enjoying the married life! What a blessed union.. :rosebud:

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!! You had me for a minute there too! hehehehe :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Lovie

This is something that I definitely need to work on because at times I find myself being very anxious about this area of my life and spend a lot of time thinking about marriage, when I know I'm not hardly ready.

It really has stemmed from not fully surrendering this area over to God and trusting Him to be completely faithful...

I understand! Your power isnt in you. Its in HIM and his word. Its OK because we ALL hit rough patches of doubt. Thats when you bring the power of the Word into the places where you're weak.

The next time you begin to grow anxious, read this scripture aloud:

Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything
by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving,
let your requests be made known to God,
and the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6-7)

Then, after you have the power of the living word equipped (get out that sword!) and its working in the atmosphere, couple that with your personal prayer to God. You can give thanks for your relationship with Him, thank him for the provisions he has already made through the requests, remember others who are less fortunate and direct your energy there instead. But don't beat him over the head with the same prayer. Give him permission to let the holy spirit anoint you with peace at that plans that HE has for you, let your heart be open and true, He hears you (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

When you do that (couple the word with your speech to God through Christ), you are directly channeling your anxiety (or any other problem) and allowing him to work through it.

It works. The key is remembering to do it when you face those feelings. This applies to any challenge in life.

:kiss:

Lord, let us all be strong in YOU through your son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, bu always residing in fellowship with you constantly, for that is when your power moves through us and defies man made laws that we are used to operating under. Break the power of the enemy and his attacks on our hearts, family, finances, spirit, knowledge, wisdom, and goodness right now in the name of Jesus, and replace those broken areas with strong established fruits of the spirit that are untouchable. Water the good seeds in our life with your grace and uproot and destroy seeds of death that have been planted by us our in our bloodline. Fill us with a joy and peace that surpasses all understanding, and place a special covering of love and protection over all of your girls (and men) that are waiting at your throne for an answer. We come before you fully with permission to use us according to your purpose, and not our own. Reveal your wonderful, exciting hidden secrets that are made only for us, and create a special bond much more beautiful than any marriage can be. Give us a hope greater than a man - give us a hope in the execution of your Glory. Holy spirit, we give you permission to move and operate throughout our hearts and minds, guarding against fear and wickedness, and covering us with the helmet of salvation and an understanding of our true freedom and power in Christ Jesus in every single area of our life. Cleanse and preserve our bodies. Lord, where we have used it in ways that were unpleasing to you, we ask your forgiveness and repent specifically for what you know we regret in our hearts. Heal us and give us a desire During this season of our lives, quickly reveal to us our blessings that are already here - help us to further appreciate our individual purpose and know how to execute our work in THIS season. As we grow, annoint us with wisdom in you be greater than any desire we could ever have in life. In Jesus Christ name, I stand in agreement with the holy spirit and all others in Christ who agree, knowing that where there are two or more gathered in your name, you are right here in the midst of us. Thank you for what you have done, and thank you for the love that you created us for. Ibelieve these words in Jeus name and I will love you always. Amen.

No worries mon!
Love ya girls!
Now I've gotta get back to work. :eek:)

PS:.....
And regarding tears...remember and claim PS 126:5. - and be filled with happiness now!! What is faith if you have to wait for the results to be happy? ;)

yodie

This is the BEST bridal shower that I've ever been to.

Shimmie

Staff member

This is the BEST bridal shower that I've ever been to.

:yep: The Bestest! Thank you Everyone!

:pray: :love3: :reddancer: :woot: :reddancer: :love3: :pray:

Shimmie

Staff member

I understand! Your power isnt in you. Its in HIM and his word. Its OK because we ALL hit rough patches of doubt. Thats when you bring the power of the Word into the places where you're weak.

Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything
with thanksgiving,
and the peace of God,
through Christ Jesus.

Then, after you have the power of the living word equipped (get out that sword!) and its working in the atmosphere, couple that with your personal prayer to God. You can give thanks for your relationship with Him, thank him for the provisions he has already made through the requests, remember others who are less fortunate and direct your energy there instead. But don't beat him over the head with the same prayer. Give him permission to let the holy spirit anoint you with peace at that plans that HE has for you, let your heart be open and true, He hears you (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

When you do that (couple the word with your speech to God through Christ), you are directly channeling your anxiety (or any other problem) and allowing him to work through it.

It works. The key is remembering to do it when you face those feelings. This applies to any challenge in life.

Lord, let us all be strong in YOU through your son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, bu always residing in fellowship with you constantly, for that is when your power moves through us and defies man made laws that we are used to operating under. Break the power of the enemy and his attacks on our hearts, family, finances, spirit, knowledge, wisdom, and goodness right now in the name of Jesus, and replace those broken areas with strong established fruits of the spirit that are untouchable. Water the good seeds in our life with your grace and uproot and destroy seeds of death that have been planted by us our in our bloodline. Fill us with a joy and peace that surpasses all understanding, and place a special covering of love and protection over all of your girls (and men) that are waiting at your throne for an answer. We come before you fully with permission to use us according to your purpose, and not our own. Reveal your wonderful, exciting hidden secrets that are made only for us, and create a special bond much more beautiful than any marriage can be. Give us a hope greater than a man - give us a hope in the execution of your Glory. Holy spirit, we give you permission to move and operate throughout our hearts and minds, guarding against fear and wickedness, and covering us with the helmet of salvation and an understanding of our true freedom and power in Christ Jesus in every single area of our life. Cleanse and preserve our bodies. Lord, where we have used it in ways that were unpleasing to you, we ask your forgiveness and repent specifically for what you know we regret in our hearts. Heal us and give us a desire During this season of our lives, quickly reveal to us our blessings that are already here - help us to further appreciate our individual purpose and know how to execute our work in THIS season. As we grow, annoint us with wisdom in you be greater than any desire we could ever have in life. In Jesus Christ name, I stand in agreement with the holy spirit and all others in Christ who agree, knowing that where there are two or more gathered in your name, you are right here in the midst of us. Thank you for what you have done, and thank you for the love that you created us for. Ibelieve these words in Jeus name and I will love you always. Amen.

No worries mon!
Love ya girls!

And regarding tears...remember and claim PS 126:5. - and be filled with happiness now!! What is faith if you have to wait for the results to be happy? ;)

Very Beautiful :love3:

mrselle

I've been truly blessed by all you amazing ladies and your stories. I do believe that God has already told me who my husband is, and Mrselle, I do think our stories are very similar. But sometimes circumstances make it hard for me to believe that God is really going to give me what I've asked for. I pray for this man EVERY DAY, and I love him with all my heart, and I pray that God writes our story to be as beautiful as all yours :grouphug:

If God has given you a word, then stand on that word and believe God no matter what it looks like. I prayed for confirmation so many time that I’m sure I worked God’s very last nerve. That’s how bleak my situation looked in the natural. Sweetie, there was a time when my husband was seeing someone else. Word got back to me that he really cared about this person and that he said he could marry someone like her. Girl, my friend got that bit of information and couldn’t wait to run back and tell me all about it. With that bit of news the devil meant for me to give up. I cried, I felt like a fool and my heart was so heavy, but there was just a little bit of something on the inside of me that said, “Keep praying and seeking God.” A few days later I saw my husband. We spoke. He gave me a warm hug and whispered in my ear. He didn’t whisper anything provocative or disrespectful, just something to let me know that he remembered one tiny detail about me. With that hug and those words I had peace and the word that my friend had given me -- I tossed it aside because it meant nothing. There were times when all I had to go on was God’s word. No sign….nothing. That is how my faith got to be where it is today. And one night I was driving home from Bible Study and God said to me, “Have I ever lied to you? Everything that I said I would do for you I have done. Why would I let you down now?” And another thing, when God showed me my husband I was so new and fresh in the Lord that I shared the news with everyone and was oblivious to the fact that they thought I was an idiot and there were times when I was embarrassed, but you know what? God meant for me to tell the people that I told. First, the people I told couldn’t hold water, so anything I told them in “confidence” they would share it with other people. And it’s ok, because many people got to see first hand, with their own eyes how good God is, how faithful God is and how real God is. The people who laughed at me…..they don’t laugh at me anymore and it’s not because of anything I did; it’s because God is good. What I went through was painful and some days I didn’t think I would make it, but a lot of times what we go through isn’t for ourselves, but for other people. Someone is always watching and I had people watching me. They were waiting for me to curl up and die (figuratively speaking), but God said, “Nope…I’m getting ready to show them something.” People say all the time that they believe God and they trust God, but do they really? God wants us to trust Him so much that when He gives us a Word, we don’t second guess it. Sorry to be so long winded, but I say all that to say keep trusting God and keep believing God. When you let go and trust God with your whole heart you will begin to see Him move like never before.

kooskoos

If God has given you a word, then stand on that word and believe God no matter what it looks like. I prayed for confirmation so many time that I’m sure I worked God’s very last nerve. That’s how bleak my situation looked in the natural. Sweetie, there was a time when my husband was seeing someone else. Word got back to me that he really cared about this person and that he said he could marry someone like her. Girl, my friend got that bit of information and couldn’t wait to run back and tell me all about it. With that bit of news the devil meant for me to give up. I cried, I felt like a fool and my heart was so heavy, but there was just a little bit of something on the inside of me that said, “Keep praying and seeking God.” A few days later I saw my husband. We spoke. He gave me a warm hug and whispered in my ear. He didn’t whisper anything provocative or disrespectful, just something to let me know that he remembered one tiny detail about me. With that hug and those words I had peace and the word that my friend had given me -- I tossed it aside because it meant nothing. There were times when all I had to go on was God’s word. No sign….nothing. That is how my faith got to be where it is today. And one night I was driving home from Bible Study and God said to me, “Have I ever lied to you? Everything that I said I would do for you I have done. Why would I let you down now?” And another thing, when God showed me my husband I was so new and fresh in the Lord that I shared the news with everyone and was oblivious to the fact that they thought I was an idiot and there were times when I was embarrassed, but you know what? God meant for me to tell the people that I told. First, the people I told couldn’t hold water, so anything I told them in “confidence” they would share it with other people. And it’s ok, because many people got to see first hand, with their own eyes how good God is, how faithful God is and how real God is. The people who laughed at me…..they don’t laugh at me anymore and it’s not because of anything I did; it’s because God is good. What I went through was painful and some days I didn’t think I would make it, but a lot of times what we go through isn’t for ourselves, but for other people. Someone is always watching and I had people watching me. They were waiting for me to curl up and die (figuratively speaking), but God said, “Nope…I’m getting ready to show them something.” People say all the time that they believe God and they trust God, but do they really? God wants us to trust Him so much that when He gives us a Word, we don’t second guess it. Sorry to be so long winded, but I say all that to say keep trusting God and keep believing God. When you let go and trust God with your whole heart you will begin to see Him move like never before.

Praise God...:clapping:

Do not apologize for being long-winded!!!! All I wish to do right now is give you a large hug and cry these tears on your shoulder :bighug: I can't even express to you how fitting this is. I just (like 15 minutes ago) got denied for a job that would have paid me enough money to go and visit my bf, who lives on the other side of the country. Without this job, I didn't know how our relationship would be able to move to the next level. And he was denied a project last week in the same city where I live now!!!! God has told me that he's going to bring us together, but all I feel is that we're purposely being kept apart. But I've realized I don't trust God like I claim to. God really hasn't ever failed me, and I felt so let down today when I realized I have no idea what's going to happen to my financial situation, my career path, or my "love life." God is so good, because He knows just who to send and just when to send her (aka YOU).

I'm so overwhelmed that I can't really even say all that I want to say. You're a huge blessing. Know that today...you've been a HUGE BLESSING!!!!:thankyou:

Shimmie

Staff member

If God has given you a word, then stand on that word and believe God no matter what it looks like. I prayed for confirmation so many time that I’m sure I worked God’s very last nerve.

That’s how bleak my situation looked in the natural. Sweetie, there was a time when my husband was seeing someone else. Word got back to me that he really cared about this person and that he said he could marry someone like her. Girl, my friend got that bit of information and couldn’t wait to run back and tell me all about it. With that bit of news the devil meant for me to give up. I cried, I felt like a fool and my heart was so heavy, but there was just a little bit of something on the inside of me that said,

“Keep praying and seeking God.”

A few days later I saw my husband. We spoke. He gave me a warm hug and whispered in my ear. He didn’t whisper anything provocative or disrespectful, just something to let me know that he remembered one tiny detail about me. With that hug and those words I had peace and the word that my friend had given me -- I tossed it aside because it meant nothing. There were times when all I had to go on was God’s word. No sign….nothing. That is how my faith got to be where it is today. And one night I was driving home from Bible Study and God said to me, “Have I ever lied to you? Everything that I said I would do for you I have done. Why would I let you down now?”

And another thing, when God showed me my husband I was so new and fresh in the Lord that I shared the news with everyone and was oblivious to the fact that they thought I was an idiot and there were times when I was embarrassed, but you know what? God meant for me to tell the people that I told. First, the people I told couldn’t hold water, so anything I told them in “confidence” they would share it with other people. And it’s ok, because many people got to see first hand, with their own eyes how good God is, how faithful God is and how real God is.

The people who laughed at me…..they don’t laugh at me anymore

and it’s not because of anything I did; it’s because God is good. What I went through was painful and some days I didn’t think I would make it, but a lot of times what we go through isn’t for ourselves, but for other people. Someone is always watching and I had people watching me. They were waiting for me to curl up and die (figuratively speaking), but God said, “Nope…I’m getting ready to show them something.”

People say all the time that they believe God and they trust God, but do they really? God wants us to trust Him so much that when He gives us a Word, we don’t second guess it. Sorry to be so long winded, but I say all that to say keep trusting God and keep believing God. When you let go and trust God with your whole heart you will begin to see Him move like never before.

Mselle, this is so true. God says to seek Him and to pray and cease not.

Also as for the people who didn't support you. God promised that He has prepared a table for us in the presence of our enemies. (Psalm 23)

They laughed at Job, They laughed at Noah, They laughed at Elijah because he had a 'bald head'. They laughed at Nehemiah for staying on the Wall.

AND...... AND.... AND...

They even laughed at Jesus for staying upon the Cross until 'IT" was Finished!

But we all know how it all turned out. For did He not come down in the Sprit when He gave up the Ghost, and descended into hell and walked straight up to the path of satan's throne and snatched 'BACK' the crown that he stole from man. :hardslap:

Jesus ALWAYS redeems us. Even when we look like 'fools' trusting Him, He always redeems us and vindicates us from being shamed.

Because we 'choose' to 'believe' Him. Choose to receive Him and Choose to just let all go and just Trust Him.

Mercy! Mercy Me! Mercy! I'm shouting and crying all at the same time right here. And you started it, Mrselle. Yes you did. :yep: :kiss:

Dear One, This Faith that we live by; it too is by Faith and the Just live by Faith. For it is our Faith that pleases God. It makes Him feel that He matters to us because we have chosen to believe Him and not man.

Praise God!

Mrselle, you never fail to bless me with your testimonies and even your 'challenges'. Because even in your challenges I've learned how you always triumph in Christ Jesus. You always come through each challenge draped in fragrant delicate Rose Petals. The thorns you simply brushed them away and kept moving in your Victory.

I thank God for you. :rosebud:

Tis More.... :lachen: Not 'Tis all', but 'Tis More'. Just can't tell it all. That's how blessed we are in Jesus!

Tis More :Rose: Thank you Jesus! Thank you Lord, thank you. Ohhhh Praise God. Praise God, Praise God! Praise Him. Praise Him!

I can't stop praising Him. :love3: My Lord.

Last edited:

BlessedStarlette

Do not apologize for being long-winded!!!! All I wish to do right now is give you a large hug and cry these tears on your shoulder :bighug: I can't even express to you how fitting this is. I just (like 15 minutes ago) got denied for a job that would have paid me enough money to go and visit my bf, who lives on the other side of the country. Without this job, I didn't know how our relationship would be able to move to the next level. And he was denied a project last week in the same city where I live now!!!! God has told me that he's going to bring us together, but all I feel is that we're purposely being kept apart. But I've realized I don't trust God like I claim to. God really hasn't ever failed me, and I felt so let down today when I realized I have no idea what's going to happen to my financial situation, my career path, or my "love life." God is so good, because He knows just who to send and just when to send her (aka YOU).

I'm so overwhelmed that I can't really even say all that I want to say. You're a huge blessing. Know that today...you've been a HUGE BLESSING!!!!:thankyou:
I agree! mrselle you are such a blessing. My Lord I read her post and just had to walk away from the computer because exaclty what she wrote is somewhat the same thing I am experiencing. Mine situation look as bleek as it can get. In the natural it looks like there is no chance, but God has a better purpose and plan for me.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan

A hundred thanks to you for this. :hug2:

Prudent1

Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything
with thanksgiving,
and the peace of God,
through Christ Jesus.

No worries mon!
Love ya girls!

Lovie,
Wow!! I am speechless right now and believe me that's hard to accomplish. :lachen: God is so good! I have been blessed by reading everyone's comments but the passage of scripture you have here is something God specifically said to me a while back. I have not been standing on his word but I am totally rejuvenated now. And the prayer you included- awesome just awesome...

Thanks for being obedient and posting here. Shimmie you are so correct. God's spirit is all up in here. God bless you too Shimmie. :Rose:

mrselle

Mselle, this is so true. God says to seek Him and to pray and cease not.

Also as for the people who didn't support you. God promised that He has prepared a table for us in the presence of our enemies. (Psalm 23)

They laughed at Job, They laughed at Noah, They laughed at Elijah because he had a 'bald head'. They laughed at Nehemiah for staying on the Wall.

AND...... AND.... AND...

They even laughed at Jesus for staying upon the Cross until 'IT" was Finished!

But we all know how it all turned out. For did He not come down in the Sprit when He gave up the Ghost, and descended into hell and walked straight up to the path of satan's throne and snatched 'BACK' the crown that he stole from man. :hardslap:

Jesus ALWAYS redeems us. Even when we look like 'fools' trusting Him, He always redeems us and vindicates us from being shamed.

Because we 'choose' to 'believe' Him. Choose to receive Him and Choose to just let all go and just Trust Him.

Mercy! Mercy Me! Mercy! I'm shouting and crying all at the same time right here. And you started it, Mrselle. Yes you did. :yep: :kiss:

Dear One, This Faith that we live by; it too is by Faith and the Just live by Faith. For it is our Faith that pleases God. It makes Him feel that He matters to us because we have chosen to believe Him and not man.

Praise God!

Mrselle, you never fail to bless me with your testimonies and even your 'challenges'. Because even in your challenges I've learned how you always triumph in Christ Jesus. You always come through each challenge draped in fragrant delicate Rose Petals. The thorns you simply brushed them away and kept moving in your Victory.

I thank God for you. :rosebud:

Tis More.... :lachen: Not 'Tis all', but 'Tis More'. Just can't tell it all. That's how blessed we are in Jesus!

Tis More :Rose: Thank you Jesus! Thank you Lord, thank you. Ohhhh Praise God. Praise God, Praise God! Praise Him. Praise Him!

I can't stop praising Him. :love3: My Lord.

Shimmie, as usual you are right on time. That verse from Psalm 23 is the very verse that I thought about just before our wedding reception began. My husband and I were sitting at the table with our attendants, I looked at my bridesmaids and they were in awe. Keep in mind, three of them waited until the night before the wedding to get their dresses altered just in case something happened (they never told me this, but I knew).

They laughed at Job. You know my connection to that name.

Praise Him, Shimmie Praise Him for your time is coming soon.

mrselle

I agree! mrselle you are such a blessing. My Lord I read her post and just had to walk away from the computer because exaclty what she wrote is somewhat the same thing I am experiencing. Mine situation look as bleek as it can get. In the natural it looks like there is no chance, but God has a better purpose and plan for me.

I read your post and started crying. I had to walk away from the computer and go into another room to praise God. God is doing something in me. I don't know what it is, but He is working. For the first time in my life I really want Him to use me and I'm so very glad that you are blessed. (((((((hugs))))))

mrselle

(((((hugs))))) Do not fret. I've been in this situation too and God told me point blank that if He wanted us to be together my husband could move to another continent and He would still make it happen. I know you are upset about not getting the job, but it wasn't for you and God has something ten times better for you. The same is true for your boyfriend. You say you feel like the two of you are purposely being kept apart and that is true. Look at that word.....purposely.....purpose. There is a purpose for all of this. God is preparing you right now. He needs you all to Himself. I know its hard, but just rest in this place where He has you. It will all come together for you.

Highly Favored8

Goodness this has GROWN! I am so loving these right now. I got sit and take my time reading these. WOW! God is so Good!

Highly Favored8

Hi ladies! I love threads like this for two reasons: 1) they inspire and 2) they remind me of how good God has been to me.

My story is a little different. I met my husband my freshman year in college, at a time when marriage was not the least of my worries. I actually met him at a club on the way out, he was at the door waiting on some friends of his. He asked me for my number. It took me a year to start taking him seriously. After that year, things sped up rather quickly. We both always knew God, but you know how some of us say we are Christians but don't resemble them? That's how we were.

Going back for just a second- before I met my husband, I had gotten out of a bad relationship with an older man who was nothing but a player. He broke my heart into little tiny pieces and after that ordeal, I prayed to God : "Lord, I pray that you send me a faithful man who loves me as much as you." I know that's a simple request, but it is a tall order. When I think about how much God loves me and everything he will do and has done?? That's love.

Anyways, back to the story. My husband and I participated in pre-martial sex ( a big no-no) and I was pregnant at 21. I wasn't ready to get married, but neither was my husband. My husband at the time did something that I didn't do, he got his life completely together and turned his life back over to the Lord. I remember making fun at the change in him. I graduated from school with no problem, but the rest of my life was in disarray, emotionally I was scarred from previous events that I allowed to take over my existence. I did everything under the sun to my husband. I mean, when i think back on how I treated him at times, I still cry. But, he kept right on loving me. I remember one time I told him to take me off his pedestal because I never asked to be on one. I know-- :wallbash: (stupid!!)

Fast forward about 5 years and my husband had taken all he could take. He decided he was ready to move on with his life- without me. :perplexed I don't know why some of us have to lose it all in order to realize we had it all,but I was one of those people. It took him doing that for me to really break down and say, "Lord, have your way. Have your way in me." I began to live for God and no other reason. I attended the church DH belong to, not because I wanted DH back, but because that's where God told me I needed to be.

The change in me became evident I guess, and DH came back to me and proposed. He told me, he had never taken me off of that pedestal and he never would. He also told me he was loving me when I didn't know how to love myself. Now that we were two complete individuals - we could be one in marriage. Our daughter is being raised by both of her biological parents... God has truly restored everything to me that Satan tried to rob me of.

Of course, I said yes!!! We've been married for almost three years now. I love that man.

Moral of this story: God answers prayers, he wants to bless us even when we aren't neccessarily worthy of the blessing. God loves us just because and for no other reason. You don't have to be perfect to be loved and to deserve God's favor. God is the God of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances. He takes your worst and gives you his best. All you have to do is trust him and turn it over to him.

Sorry to go on so long.

God bless!!!

No sorry! Girl you so blessed me with this post!:yep: This is why we serve an AWESOME God!

kooskoos

(((((hugs))))) Do not fret. I've been in this situation too and God told me point blank that if He wanted us to be together my husband could move to another continent and He would still make it happen. I know you are upset about not getting the job, but it wasn't for you and God has something ten times better for you. The same is true for your boyfriend. You say you feel like the two of you are purposely being kept apart and that is true. Look at that word.....purposely.....purpose. There is a purpose for all of this. God is preparing you right now. He needs you all to Himself. I know its hard, but just rest in this place where He has you. It will all come together for you.

YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU'RE RIGHT! There is a purpose for all of this...thank you so much for what you've said to me today. I'm SPEECHLESS...

Highly Favored8

This is a wonderful thread. I thank God for women of God who are are not afraid to share their feelings about marriage. My husband is always shaking his head at me because I am forever trying to set someone up. Many of the unmarried ladies at my church say that they dont really want to be married. Personally I believe they may have lost faith - this should not be the case. When God proclaimed that He will give us the desires of our hearts (and marriage is in HIS will) the economy, potential shrinking pool of men, nor anything else can get in the way of that!

I thank God for all of the unmarried women who are standing on God's word walking in faith, and refusing to comprimise while they wait on His promise! I will be truly praying for you all - and the married women as well that we will continue to be women who bring glory to God by the way we love our husbands and serve The Lord.

I am rambling...

No you are not rambling! You blessed me with this post.

Highly Favored8

I am grateful to those who have shared their stories. :yep: You women are a blessing!
I'll share mine and hopefully it can encourage anyone who thinks it's "too late" for God or for a husband. I'll explain but to anyone who wants to read further, I ask that the Holy Spirit help you to understand this testimony, because it is two-fold:

===================================================================

I grew up in the church and of all my mom's four daughters, I was the one everyone most likely expected to be married w/ children right after high school. That was THEIR plan for me, though.. after I graduated I went to college and got buck wild (not too wild). :lachen: I told myself I'd never get married and offered anyone who took the risk of taking me out or making me a girlfriend nothing but hell and damnation. I was not to be "pinned down"!

Fast forward to three years ago, I "meet" my husband. I met him when I was just tired of relationships, tired of living any kind of way and just plain tired. I didn't want a man. I didn't want anyone around me, and was just about to give up on men, even God. I had been living with a "conscious" brother and his family ,who also was a self-proclaimed atheist and it got the best of me. I started to question God and it felt horrible..so at the behest of my mother through long phone calls, I started going back to church. She is one of those Prayer Warriors who have been saved most of her life. She gave me instructions on how to get right with God: Go to church right away, bring with you a bottle of olive oil and have it blessed. Annoint your door and pray and plan to move out... FAST. At first I didn't want to do that but I was so drained by the Enemy, I needed to do it.

When I went to church that day, God revealed a lot to me. It was a church I randomly picked and I didn't know anyone there but I was familiar with the denomination. I didn't say anything yet the church members felt something during the service that made them start to pray and thank God. I was bit a bit irritated and almost turned around to go home, but I stayed. I knew there was a battle going on and my heart was racing. Sure enough, the pastor said he was compelled to pray for ALL the visitors. It was strange to me, because I'd never been prayed for as a visitor. Still, I obliged and I was the last one at the end of the line. Sure enough, when the pastor laid his hands on me the battle started.

I was on the floor the entire service. At some point, the leaders even asked me what my name was and I kept telling them my name, confused. It was then I realized I was oppressed and that one of those spirits from the house came to church with me that day and God wasn't having any of that. Fear set in for a moment. Toward the end of the service, they got me up from the floor. They asked me to drink some holy water and I refused. They asked again, I again refused. Then I finally did ...moments later, when I came to... I felt light and refreshed, as if I'd just taken a shower. It was a very powerful experience but I was not truly afraid because I really knew what was going on.

Service was over, and I was about to leave the church. But realized I still had that brown bag in my hand with the olive oil I'd bought at the store before service. What my mom had told me started to echo in my mind: "Have the pastor bless your oil...". I shrugged and started to leave the church but stopped and turned back to the pulpit. I quietly walked toward the pastor and asked him if he could bless my oil... he just nodded. He prayed and after he prayed, he stared me in the eyes and told me whoever it is I am living with, I must separate myself from them. Tears rolled down my face and I thanked him and left.
This is how I know of Attestation! I had never met or spoken to anyone at that church the entire time I was there.

Sure enough, when I got back to the house, I anointed my bedroom door. The next day, the atheist's wife saw that I had put holy oil on my bedroom door).. All hell literally broke loose after that... so I had to move out, quickly.

A month later I meet my DH. :rosebud:

I met him at his sister's house one day while getting my car serviced (her husband was my mechanic). He had comes over to visit his sis. We literally stared at each other. And I told him, "Hey... I know you!" and laughed. He was an old high school classmate. Better yet, we grew up on the same street! I always knew him but never interacted with him, even in high school. I always saw him as the shy one, and he thought I talked too much.

As we talked, we realized that over the years our paths crisscrossed and we "knew" that had we hooked up in high school, we'd have years of marriage and dozens of children.. :lachen: He really came along just in time...and his real name literally means "Friend of God.

Six months later, we married. We talked marriage from the beginning, so there was no "dating" per se. It was a timely courtship because our pastor was speaking on fornication and sanctification at the time. :yep:

What's ironic is I had gotten saved around age 11 and grew up in church. He never grew up in church and got saved later in life. God used him to draw me back to him... and because of DH, I joined the first church since my old church back home, more than 20 years later.

My family jokingly calls us Sarah and Abraham. We're both in our early 40s but he has a daughter and I am raising a teen nephew, but we are open to having more children. In James 2:23, God calls Abraham his friend. :laugh: It's an irony that keeps me and hubby laughing all the time.

So if anyone here is just tired and about to give up, I encourage you to RUN to God.
He'll fix everything and deliver to you a husband he's designed just for you. This is how I feel about my hubby.

Today was his birthday and we hung out all day together. He's a very modest man, but my present to him was a diamond watch he gawked at at the jewelry store when we bought our rings. The store manager knew that and he and I manage to keep the purchase a secret. He not only gave me a great deal on the price (and a discount on the inscription in the back), he gave my hubby a nice birthday card and signed it when I came to pick it up. :)

I felt blessed indeed. Thank you Lord!

Shimmie, it's just a beautiful thing for you to have put up this thread when you did.

To those who are praying for a hubby... don't give up on God, he knows what he's doing!

God bless
:rosebud:

So beautiful, just a beautiful testimony of how God can move.

Highly Favored8

By reading these posts. I am so renewed and refreshed. This is the best wedding shower every. All these posts are so beautiful. I am just crying. One day very shortly I am stating this by FAITH! I too will post as well b/c y'all know in my location. I am praying for my future hubby! God is so good!

Belle Du Jour

Great thread. I know what it means to wait, and wait. . .and wait some more! I've been very close to giving up, but I can't. These stories give me hope! :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

(((((hugs))))) Do not fret. I've been in this situation too and God told me point blank that if He wanted us to be together my husband could move to another continent and He would still make it happen. I know you are upset about not getting the job, but it wasn't for you and God has something ten times better for you.

The same is true for your boyfriend. You say you feel like the two of you are purposely being kept apart and that is true.

Look at that word.....purposely.....purpose. There is a purpose for all of this. God is preparing you right now. He needs you all to Himself. I know its hard, but just rest in this place where He has you. It will all come together for you.

Mrselle, you are a 'straight up' Vessel of the Lord. The Holy Spirit is flowing all through each and every one of your posts, ministering to everyone.

I can feel your 'heart' in here. Your spirit is 'full'. It's overflowing with the love and the power of God, with healing in it's wings. You're 'full' and it's coming forth so smoothly and so healing and so strong. Glory!

I'm just sitting here reading and being blessed by the "Spirit of God" in this place.

Every woman in this 'place' is just giving of themselves without holding back. The Holy Spirit has not been 'quenched'; His presence is here among us in this entire forum.

As Laela has 'annointed' this forum as "ForHim"... and it is exactly so, "For Him".

Shimmie

Staff member

:Rose: Time for a Shower Treat, Everyone :Rose:

Enjoy!

Homemade Lemonade with Fresh Lemons

A Yummie Lemon Dessert​

'Dainty' Ladies Shower Cakes....
You know the ones you eat with your pinkie in the air. :lol:

Here's the Table Setting for our 'Bridal Shower'

:love3: WELCOME LADIES :love3:

This is all for each of you

"God has prepared a Table for us in the Presence of our enemies"

Let's Celebrate

Last edited:

jamaicalovely

Just wanted to say this was an awesome thread! I don't spend much time in this forum as much as I should, but I'm glad I was led to this thread this evening. Your posts were powerful and full of great testimonies.

I don't have a marriage prayer testimony, per se'. Quite frankly I've given up on praying on things related to marriage lately. I realize it is lack of faith and I'm ashamed of that. I did not pray for my husband, but I know someone has interceded on our behalf to bring us together again after college though we broke up in high school. Also, I know someone is praying for us while we have had thoughts on ending our union quite a few times. I believe this person's prayer is so strong that God blessed us with a precious gift we are expecting in December when doctors said it would never happen. Through trials and tribulations, we are still here. I'm sure it will be revealed soon as to why. I also believe that our prayer warrior will be revealed too.

Thank you all for your wonderful testimonies. Know that you are blessing someone on the other end. Thank you all for reminding us (single or married) about faith and the power of God's word.