Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

I would like to share my story with you ladies, but I am not married yet, I am engaged though and we are planning our wedding for summer next year.

If it's ok for me to post my story about my journey to finding my fiance let me know and I'll do it later as I have to take a nap RIGHT NOW.

I was running around doing errands in 100 degree weather and yeah, I feel sun drunk right now :drunk: :spinning: But my story is really a true testament to the fact that God picks someone specifically for you. If it's ok with you all I will share later this evening :yep:

We'd love to hear your testimony. I know it will be a special blessing. And thank you Lamara for wanting to.

Get your rest and come back to our "Bridal Shower" :band:

neenzmj

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

God answered my prayers through my submission to Him. I was, single for the first time since I was 19. I was lonely, fearful, and looking for all the wrong things to fill the void in my life. After being hurt and disappointed in one dating relationship after another, I surrendered my life BACK to God. Not more than a week later, a friend told me about "this nice guy he knew." Truly, he was a nice guy -- and he's now my husband, my best friend and my prince of almost 14 years!

SURRENDER -- that's been the motto of our marriage: surrender to God and surrender to one another.

Netta1

Thanks for the chance to share our stories..may the stories be a blessing to the reader..and lead them right back to GOD.

I have a ministry section in my FOTKI album and within it I share my real life TESTimony... its personal so if your interested in the password please email me (here or via fotki) and your more then welcome to read on..

Within the TESTimony section I take you through the process that I went through, the temptation that I experienced, some of the prayers I prayed to GOD literally, some of the The words He gave me, and the victory that GOD provided...GOD IS GOOD.

I am here to tell you that I have been through the FIRE and GOD is a sustainer!

http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/health_and_beauty/spiritual_journey/1/1/healing_from_seperation/

Again thanks for the chance to share...

Last edited:

momi

This is a wonderful thread. I thank God for women of God who are are not afraid to share their feelings about marriage. My husband is always shaking his head at me because I am forever trying to set someone up. Many of the unmarried ladies at my church say that they dont really want to be married. Personally I believe they may have lost faith - this should not be the case. When God proclaimed that He will give us the desires of our hearts (and marriage is in HIS will) the economy, potential shrinking pool of men, nor anything else can get in the way of that!

I thank God for all of the unmarried women who are standing on God's word walking in faith, and refusing to comprimise while they wait on His promise! I will be truly praying for you all - and the married women as well that we will continue to be women who bring glory to God by the way we love our husbands and serve The Lord.

I am rambling...

Lovie

I journaled my prayers. I began praying specifically for a husband that had traits of Godliness, kindness, intelligence, humor, attractiveness, warmth, sincerity, integrity, etc. etc. I saw Sooooo specific it wasnt funny. But hey, that was between me and my Daddy. :)

When I met my Mr., I saw every single thing I asked the Lord for in so many fun surprises. Additionally, he sought me, he courted me for many months before we even kissed, and we waited for each other until we were married. Our relationship was always in agreement with the word and examples of how God wanted things done for his children. Each time there was an opportunity to go to the next level in Christ, we went together. If there were things we did wrong, we learned together. I tried to run out of fear - because he still was not what I expected - and as much as a person prays for a husband, the hardest part is preparing you. But he was ALWAYS patiently waiting for me, in a strong, respectable way (he wast a pushover by any means).

Specific requests, continued growth in Christ, directly answered prayers that I wrote years before we met and seeing a beautiful promise unfold before my eyes - and the fact that I told Goc, "I give you permission to chose my husband - rather than me selecting and asking for your blessing."

It was easy to see the prayers answered because I always stayed connected to my Father. And when the time was right, we both knew he was the one God chose for me, and I the wife God chose for him.

Last edited:

Lovie

By the way....

God's word is true. In the past 2 years, I have been in the weddings of TWO virgins...both who never slept with a man in life. THe first time they EVER did ANYTHING was on their marriage bed with the covering of their husband's last name. I feel the need to share this because many who are saving theirselves are embarrased to share it and be judged. But it is such a beautiful beautiful treasure. For those that are waiting, God is just and faithful.

One wedding was last year, I was a bridesmaid. Her and her husband just had a little baby boy. :) The other wife married this past weekend, I was also a bridesmaid. I have been in other weddings, but the power your witness for a love that grows like this....

It is so exciting to watch a virgin prepare herself and take that walk for her husband. The excitement of picking out lingerie, a special perfume, a pretty lip gloss... I always say that women who are faithful in their waiting for God's choosing of their husband will be blessed with multiple orgasms. :) (Sorry if I took it there but I am assuming we all know that sex in marriage is worship).

In both cases, they courted for at least 2 years, and spent the time prior walking with a love for life -- not in search of man.

he will find you when God is ready to show him. He isn't lost!! Its just not time yet.

And when your time comes, it will be amazing!! In the meantime, your worship should be with God, and not your idea of marriage.

Last edited:

momi

By the way....

God's word is true. In the past 2 years, I have been in the weddings of TWO virgins...both who never slept with a man in life. THe first time they EVER did ANYTHING was on their marriage bed with the covering of their husband's last name. I feel the need to share this because many who are saving theirselves are embarrased to share it and be judged. But it is such a beautiful beautiful treasure. For those that are waiting, God is just and faithful.

One wedding was last year, I was a bridesmaid. Her and her husband just had a little baby boy. :) The other wife married this past weekend, I was also a bridesmaid. I have been in other weddings, but the power your witness for a love that grows like this....

It is so exciting to watch a virgin prepare herself and take that walk for her husband. The excitement of picking out lingerie, a special perfume, a pretty lip gloss... I always say that women who are faithful in their waiting for God's choosing of their husband will be blessed with multiple orgasms. :) (Sorry if I took it there but I am assuming we all know that sex in marriage is worship).

In both cases, they courted for at least 2 years, and spent the time prior walking with a love for life -- not in search of man.

he will find you when God is ready to show him. He isn't lost!! Its just not time yet.

And when your time comes, it will be amazing!! In the meantime, your worship should be with God, and not your idea of marriage.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Beautiful accounts of biblical love.

Thanks for sharing this...

honeyflaava

By the way....

This is something that I definitely need to work on because at times I find myself being very anxious about this area of my life and spend a lot of time thinking about marriage, when I know I'm not hardly ready.

It really has stemmed from not fully surrendering this area over to God and trusting Him to be completely faithful...

yodie

I journaled my prayers. I began praying specifically for a husband that had traits of Godliness, kindness, intelligence, humor, attractiveness, warmth, sincerity, integrity, etc. etc. I saw Sooooo specific it wasnt funny. But hey, that was between me and my Daddy. :)

When I met my Mr., I saw every single thing I asked the Lord for in so many fun surprises. Additionally, he sought me, he courted me for many months before we even kissed, and we waited for each other until we were married. Our relationship was always in agreement with the word and examples of how God wanted things done for his children. Each time there was an opportunity to go to the next level in Christ, we went together. If there were things we did wrong, we learned together. I tried to run out of fear - because he still was not what I expected - and as much as a person prays for a husband, the hardest part is preparing you. But he was ALWAYS patiently waiting for me, in a strong, respectable way (he wast a pushover by any means).

Specific requests, continued growth in Christ, directly answered prayers that I wrote years before we met and seeing a beautiful promise unfold before my eyes - and the fact that I told Goc, "I give you permission to chose my husband - rather than me selecting and asking for your blessing."

It was easy to see the prayers answered because I always stayed connected to my Father. And when the time was right, we both knew he was the one God chose for me, and I the wife God chose for him.

Beautiful!!! I just prayed this. Awesome testimony!!

Shimmie

Staff member

God answered my prayers through my submission to Him. I was, single for the first time since I was 19. I was lonely, fearful, and looking for all the wrong things to fill the void in my life. After being hurt and disappointed in one dating relationship after another, I surrendered my life BACK to God. Not more than a week later, a friend told me about "this nice guy he knew." Truly, he was a nice guy -- and he's now my husband, my best friend and my prince of almost 14 years!

SURRENDER -- that's been the motto of our marriage: surrender to God and surrender to one another.

I love that word, "Surrender".... Abraham surrendered, "Issac" and in return, God prepared a ram in the thicket (ram in the bush).

For you, God had a handsome Prince in return for your 'total surrender' unto Him. God said to the enemy, "No, you cannot hurt her any longer, she is mine and she is betrothed by me, eternally."

Neemzmj, God bless you and your wonderful husband; and thank you for your sweet surrender; and for sharing with us, the 'overflow'. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member

By the way....

Lord the tears.... The tears. Praise God for the tears.

Jesus!

Okay, the journal of prayers confirms what the Lord has placed in my heart about praying for your husband, even 'before' you know who he is. He still exists and your prayers draw and bond him to you.

This reminds me of the scripture, "One plants, one waters, God gives the increase. Your Prayer Journal were the 'Seeds' planted; and the watering of the planted seed, (God's Word), and God gave you the 'Increase'.

More tears.... Praise Jesus.

The preparation of the 'Virgin Bride', everything brand new. She walks down the aisle towards him; Her loving eyes are saying to him, "All for you... to you I give you, me, All for you."

These testimonies are 'gripping', gripping of the heart. Who wouldn't trust God after reading these beautiful lessons of Faith and Love.

I thank God for each and everyone of you. I truly do and I respect and pray for your marriages to always be more than you ever expected in Joy, Peace, Love, and NEVER ending.

I salute each of you. in this forum :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member

By the way....

God's word is true. And when your time comes, it will be amazing!! In the meantime, your worship should be with God, and not your idea of marriage.

Lovie, I love the 'worship' unto God; it puts Him first. Thank you for this reminder. :yep:

Thanks for the chance to share our stories..may the stories be a blessing to the reader..and lead them right back to GOD.

I have a ministry section in my FOTKI album and within it I share my real life TESTimony... its personal so if your interested in the password please email me (here or via fotki) and your more then welcome to read on..

Within the TESTimony section I take you through the process that I went through, the temptation that I experienced, some of the prayers I prayed to GOD literally, some of the The words He gave me, and the victory that GOD provided...GOD IS GOOD.

I am here to tell you that I have been through the FIRE and GOD is a sustainer!

http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/health_and_beauty/spiritual_journey/1/1/healing_from_seperation/

Again thanks for the chance to share...

Thank you for sharing and encouraging everyone. I wish you the best of God's blessings upon you and your husband as well. :yep:

Last edited:

mrselle

My story could read like a novel, so I'll just try to hit the highlights.

-As a freshman in college I was very young, inexperienced and naive. I liked the attention the upperclassmen were giving me, but I kept running into a common theme: they were just feeding me lines to get me into bed and I wasn't that kind of girl. One night I was sitting at my desk reading my Bible and I began to talk to God. I told him that I was ready to be in a long lasting relationship. I told him that I was ready to meet my husband and that I didn't care if we didn't get married right away, I was just ready to meet the one. A week later I met the man who would become my husband.

-We dated off and on for two years. To be honest, the relationship wasn't the best thing for me at the time. I was 18 and he was 23. I was naive and he took advantage of that. I also had very low self esteem. But I believe that God allowed me to see the man that he would become and that is why I held on to him in my heart.

-Over the next few years God really dealt with me and He grew a gift in me that kind of scared me. I would pray and hear God talking to me and He would give me dreams and visions. One night I was laying on my parents couch when I heard Him say, "It's not over between the two of you." Another time I was praying about one thing, but God lead me to pray for my ex-boyfriend. I asked God to reveal to me if he was the one for me or not. A few days later I received my answer and God communicated His answer to me in a such a way that I couldn't miss it. From there I continued to have dreams and visions. I told my closest friend what God was showing me. She was supportive to my face, but behind my back it was a different story. Eventually, God blessed me with a friend/prayer partner who has the gift of prophecy. What I was experiencing wasn't odd to her and she began to pray with me.

-The real turning point was when my future husband was in a very serious motorcycle accident. He had been in the hospital for a week before I was able to see him, so I had no idea how serious his accident was. When I finally got to see him he was in pretty bad shape. The first day I went to see him it was just me and one of his aunts. I think God wanted it that way. When I walked into his room he took one look at me and closed his eyes as if he were saying a prayer to himself. He couldn't talk much, so I just sat with him for a few minutes. Before I left I told him I wanted to pray with him. I stood on one side, his aunt on the other, we joined hands and I began to pray. When I was done, I leaned down, kissed him on his forehead and left. When I walked out of his room I had peace. Over the next few weeks, God began to deal with me. I was forced to ask myself if I would still want to marry this man if he could never walk again. It wasn't something that was easy to think about, but my answer was yes. Yes, I would still want to spend the rest of my life with this man if he could never walk again. What about if he couldn't give me children? Yes, I would still want to marry this man.

-Once he got out of the hospital he went to his parents house to finish his recovery because he was not able to care for himself. During that time I went to see him once a week. We'd spend our time together reading the Bible, talking, laughing, watching tv and I would take him out for a ride because I knew he didn't like being couped up in the house. A few days before he moved back to his house he and I had a long conversation over the phone. During that conversation he told me I had been a great friend to him and he appreciated me. I was so discouraged to hear the word "friend". When I told my prayer partner about it she told me that him calling me a friend was the ultimate compliment because a good friend is hard to come by. To her, he was learning that if I could be that good of a friend to him then I could be an even better wife.

-We continued to build our friendship. This is something we didn't do the first time we dated. There were times I would become discouraged. There were times when I felt like giving up, but God would always give a little bit of hope to hold on to. Every time I would hear from God I would write it down. During those rough times when my faith was lacking I would take out that journal and read what God had said to me. He had said, "It may seem like it's not working but it is." "You will get married." "He is your husband." "He is yours, but you can't hold him too tight. The wife can sanctify the husband." At some point I just developed a sense of complete and total peace and instead of second guessing God I began to thank Him in advance for my marriage. One night I had a dream. In that dream I was looking out of a window. It was raining. The rain stopped and to the right the sun was coming out and there was a rainbow. I looked down and there was a faucet with clear water coming out. I knew that was God's way of telling me it was time. From that moment on my relationship with my husband changed. He began calling me everyday, even when he was out of town for work. He would ask me out on dates. He was courting me. One night we were sitting on my couch watching tv when he looked at me and said "Do you forgive me for the way I treated you when you were in college." Without hesitating I told him yes. I did forgive him. He had become a different person. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was ready to be in a committed relationship with me and only me. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was working toward us getting married. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was following God and seeking God and allowing God to show him how to be a good husband. I saw no trace of the bad things in our old relationship and that made it easy to forgive him.

-On our wedding day when the pastor pronounced us husband and wife, my husband kissed me, gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "It's all gravy from hear, Baby" and it has been. We go through hard times together, but its during those times when I'm so glad that I waited on God and trusted and believed God. I had to believe God for my husband when no one else was believing God with me. I had to believe God when everyone else thought that I was out of touch with reality. I am constantly reminded of how good God is and how perfect His ways are because there are things my husband does for me that only God would know that I need. I'm glad I waited on God.

Shimmie

Staff member

My story could read like a novel, so I'll just try to hit the highlights.

-As a freshman in college I was very young, inexperienced and naive. I liked the attention the upperclassmen were giving me, but I kept running into a common theme: they were just feeding me lines to get me into bed and I wasn't that kind of girl. One night I was sitting at my desk reading my Bible and I began to talk to God. I told him that I was ready to be in a long lasting relationship. I told him that I was ready to meet my husband and that I didn't care if we didn't get married right away, I was just ready to meet the one. A week later I met the man who would become my husband.

-We dated off and on for two years. To be honest, the relationship wasn't the best thing for me at the time. I was 18 and he was 23. I was naive and he took advantage of that. I also had very low self esteem. But I believe that God allowed me to see the man that he would become and that is why I held on to him in my heart.

-Over the next few years God really dealt with me and He grew a gift in me that kind of scared me. I would pray and hear God talking to me and He would give me dreams and visions. One night I was laying on my parents couch when I heard Him say, "It's not over between the two of you." Another time I was praying about one thing, but God lead me to pray for my ex-boyfriend. I asked God to reveal to me if he was the one for me or not. A few days later I received my answer and God communicated His answer to me in a such a way that I couldn't miss it. From there I continued to have dreams and visions. I told my closest friend what God was showing me. She was supportive to my face, but behind my back it was a different story. Eventually, God blessed me with a friend/prayer partner who has the gift of prophecy. What I was experiencing wasn't odd to her and she began to pray with me.

-The real turning point was when my future husband was in a very serious motorcycle accident. He had been in the hospital for a week before I was able to see him, so I had no idea how serious his accident was. When I finally got to see him he was in pretty bad shape. The first day I went to see him it was just me and one of his aunts. I think God wanted it that way. When I walked into his room he took one look at me and closed his eyes as if he were saying a prayer to himself. He couldn't talk much, so I just sat with him for a few minutes. Before I left I told him I wanted to pray with him. I stood on one side, his aunt on the other, we joined hands and I began to pray. When I was done, I leaned down, kissed him on his forehead and left. When I walked out of his room I had peace. Over the next few weeks, God began to deal with me. I was forced to ask myself if I would still want to marry this man if he could never walk again. It wasn't something that was easy to think about, but my answer was yes. Yes, I would still want to spend the rest of my life with this man if he could never walk again. What about if he couldn't give me children? Yes, I would still want to marry this man.

-Once he got out of the hospital he went to his parents house to finish his recovery because he was not able to care for himself. During that time I went to see him once a week. We'd spend our time together reading the Bible, talking, laughing, watching tv and I would take him out for a ride because I knew he didn't like being couped up in the house. A few days before he moved back to his house he and I had a long conversation over the phone. During that conversation he told me I had been a great friend to him and he appreciated me. I was so discouraged to hear the word "friend". When I told my prayer partner about it she told me that him calling me a friend was the ultimate compliment because a good friend is hard to come by. To her, he was learning that if I could be that good of a friend to him then I could be an even better wife.

-We continued to build our friendship. This is something we didn't do the first time we dated. There were times I would become discouraged. There were times when I felt like giving up, but God would always give a little bit of hope to hold on to. Every time I would hear from God I would write it down. During those rough times when my faith was lacking I would take out that journal and read what God had said to me. He had said, "It may seem like it's not working but it is." "You will get married." "He is your husband." "He is yours, but you can't hold him too tight. The wife can sanctify the husband." At some point I just developed a sense of complete and total peace and instead of second guessing God I began to thank Him in advance for my marriage. One night I had a dream. In that dream I was looking out of a window. It was raining. The rain stopped and to the right the sun was coming out and there was a rainbow. I looked down and there was a faucet with clear water coming out. I knew that was God's way of telling me it was time. From that moment on my relationship with my husband changed. He began calling me everyday, even when he was out of town for work. He would ask me out on dates. He was courting me. One night we were sitting on my couch watching tv when he looked at me and said "Do you forgive me for the way I treated you when you were in college." Without hesitating I told him yes. I did forgive him. He had become a different person. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was ready to be in a committed relationship with me and only me. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was working toward us getting married. What he was demonstrating to me is that he was following God and seeking God and allowing God to show him how to be a good husband. I saw no trace of the bad things in our old relationship and that made it easy to forgive him.

-On our wedding day when the pastor pronounced us husband and wife, my husband kissed me, gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "It's all gravy from hear, Baby" and it has been. We go through hard times together, but its during those times when I'm so glad that I waited on God and trusted and believed God. I had to believe God for my husband when no one else was believing God with me. I had to believe God when everyone else thought that I was out of touch with reality. I am constantly reminded of how good God is and how perfect His ways are because there are things my husband does for me that only God would know that I need. I'm glad I waited on God.

If 'Tears could grow hair... I'd be waist length tonight'. 'Truly'... Truly.

What a beautiful testimony of faith, humility, growth in God and in submission to God's direction.

Mrselle, I praise God for you. I've shared with you before how much you've encouraged me and have taught me in love and patience. It's no small wonder, that God chose to you as this man's wife.

Your husband came to you and asked for your forgiveness. He chose to remember what many men choose to forget and that's a wrong done to someone who loves them. Your husband is truly a man of God and a good man who knows the gift that he has in you as his wife, his partner, most of all, his friend.

THIS is what amazes and blesses me. You trusted God enough to ask Him to show you your husband, even if you would not marry him right away. You trusted God to take you through the growth and the pain of his transformation into the man showed you that he would surely be.

NOW that's faith and trust. And it's beautiful, truly beautiful for it comes from the beauty of you. All I can say is Praise God, Praise God, Praise God.

I thank Him for blessing you and your husband with the riches of Life and Love and with the softness of 'Rose Petals' through each day of your lives.

God bless you and keep you from this day forward and forever. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Elle, thanks for coming 'our' Bridal Shower' here. I was hoping to see you. :kiss:

mrselle

If 'Tears could grow hair... I'd be waist length tonight'. 'Truly'... Truly.

What a beautiful testimony of faith, humility, growth in God and in submission to God's direction.

Mrselle, I praise God for you. I've shared with you before how much you've encouraged me and have taught me in love and patience. It's no small wonder, that God chose to you as this man's wife.

Your husband came to you and asked for your forgiveness. He chose to remember what many men choose to forget and that's a wrong done to someone who loves them. Your husband is truly a man of God and a good man who knows the gift that he has in you as his wife, his partner, most of all, his friend.

THIS is what amazes and blesses me. You trusted God enough to ask Him to show you your husband, even if you would not marry him right away. You trusted God to take you through the growth and the pain of his transformation into the man showed you that he would surely be.

NOW that's faith and trust. And it's beautiful, truly beautiful for it comes from the beauty of you. All I can say is Praise God, Praise God, Praise God.

I thank Him for blessing you and your husband with the riches of Life and Love and with the softness of 'Rose Petals' through each day of your lives.

God bless you and keep you from this day forward and forever. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Elle, thanks for coming 'our' Bridal Shower' here. I was hoping to see you. :kiss:

Shimmie, I worked on this all day. My story is too long...too, too long. At one point I wasn't going to post, but I felt like I *needed* to tell our story. And now I have tears in my eyes because God is so good....so very good.

kweenameena

bumping.....this is such a beautiful thread!

Shimmie

Staff member

Shimmie, I worked on this all day. My story is too long...too, too long. At one point I wasn't going to post, but I felt like I *needed* to tell our story. And now I have tears in my eyes because God is so good....so very good.
I'm so glad you posted. I was looking for you... :yep: I was. And I would have cried 'sad' tears if you hadn't come to this 'Bridal Shower'. :cry:

God wanted you to share your precious rose petals among us... :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member

bumping.....this is such a beautiful thread!

Lady Kweena, you have a blessing to share too....:yep: Share whatever God places upon your heart. And thanks pretty lady... :giveheart:

yodie

mrselle, I can't even begin to tell you how your story has encouraged me. So much of it sounds like me...asking God to show me, the dreams, the bad treatment. I had to read your post in installments. I'm speechless!

You are blessed and highly favored.
The value of a prayer partner. That's a blessing right there.

My faith has increased.
Ladies, your testimonies are never too long. They are indeed a blessing.

"X" marks the spot that one day I'll come here to post my testimony and share what God has done for me.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

I am grateful to those who have shared their stories. :yep: You women are a blessing!
I'll share mine and hopefully it can encourage anyone who thinks it's "too late" for God or for a husband. I'll explain but to anyone who wants to read further, I ask that the Holy Spirit help you to understand this testimony, because it is two-fold:

===================================================================

I grew up in the church and of all my mom's four daughters, I was the one everyone most likely expected to be married w/ children right after high school. That was THEIR plan for me, though.. after I graduated I went to college and got buck wild (not too wild). :lachen: I told myself I'd never get married and offered anyone who took the risk of taking me out or making me a girlfriend nothing but hell and damnation. I was not to be "pinned down"!

Fast forward to three years ago, I "meet" my husband. I met him when I was just tired of relationships, tired of living any kind of way and just plain tired. I didn't want a man. I didn't want anyone around me, and was just about to give up on men, even God. I had been living with a "conscious" brother and his family ,who also was a self-proclaimed atheist and it got the best of me. I started to question God and it felt horrible..so at the behest of my mother through long phone calls, I started going back to church. She is one of those Prayer Warriors who have been saved most of her life. She gave me instructions on how to get right with God: Go to church right away, bring with you a bottle of olive oil and have it blessed. Annoint your door and pray and plan to move out... FAST. At first I didn't want to do that but I was so drained by the Enemy, I needed to do it.

When I went to church that day, God revealed a lot to me. It was a church I randomly picked and I didn't know anyone there but I was familiar with the denomination. I didn't say anything yet the church members felt something during the service that made them start to pray and thank God. I was bit a bit irritated and almost turned around to go home, but I stayed. I knew there was a battle going on and my heart was racing. Sure enough, the pastor said he was compelled to pray for ALL the visitors. It was strange to me, because I'd never been prayed for as a visitor. Still, I obliged and I was the last one at the end of the line. Sure enough, when the pastor laid his hands on me the battle started.

I was on the floor the entire service. At some point, the leaders even asked me what my name was and I kept telling them my name, confused. It was then I realized I was oppressed and that one of those spirits from the house came to church with me that day and God wasn't having any of that. Fear set in for a moment. Toward the end of the service, they got me up from the floor. They asked me to drink some holy water and I refused. They asked again, I again refused. Then I finally did ...moments later, when I came to... I felt light and refreshed, as if I'd just taken a shower. It was a very powerful experience but I was not truly afraid because I really knew what was going on.

Service was over, and I was about to leave the church. But realized I still had that brown bag in my hand with the olive oil I'd bought at the store before service. What my mom had told me started to echo in my mind: "Have the pastor bless your oil...". I shrugged and started to leave the church but stopped and turned back to the pulpit. I quietly walked toward the pastor and asked him if he could bless my oil... he just nodded. He prayed and after he prayed, he stared me in the eyes and told me whoever it is I am living with, I must separate myself from them. Tears rolled down my face and I thanked him and left.
This is how I know of Attestation! I had never met or spoken to anyone at that church the entire time I was there.

Sure enough, when I got back to the house, I anointed my bedroom door. The next day, the atheist's wife saw that I had put holy oil on my bedroom door).. All hell literally broke loose after that... so I had to move out, quickly.

A month later I meet my DH. :rosebud:

I met him at his sister's house one day while getting my car serviced (her husband was my mechanic). He had comes over to visit his sis. We literally stared at each other. And I told him, "Hey... I know you!" and laughed. He was an old high school classmate. Better yet, we grew up on the same street! I always knew him but never interacted with him, even in high school. I always saw him as the shy one, and he thought I talked too much.

As we talked, we realized that over the years our paths crisscrossed and we "knew" that had we hooked up in high school, we'd have years of marriage and dozens of children.. :lachen: He really came along just in time...and his real name literally means "Friend of God.

Six months later, we married. We talked marriage from the beginning, so there was no "dating" per se. It was a timely courtship because our pastor was speaking on fornication and sanctification at the time. :yep:

What's ironic is I had gotten saved around age 11 and grew up in church. He never grew up in church and got saved later in life. God used him to draw me back to him... and because of DH, I joined the first church since my old church back home, more than 20 years later.

My family jokingly calls us Sarah and Abraham. We're both in our early 40s but he has a daughter and I am raising a teen nephew, but we are open to having more children. In James 2:23, God calls Abraham his friend. :laugh: It's an irony that keeps me and hubby laughing all the time.

So if anyone here is just tired and about to give up, I encourage you to RUN to God.
He'll fix everything and deliver to you a husband he's designed just for you. This is how I feel about my hubby.

Today was his birthday and we hung out all day together. He's a very modest man, but my present to him was a diamond watch he gawked at at the jewelry store when we bought our rings. The store manager knew that and he and I manage to keep the purchase a secret. He not only gave me a great deal on the price (and a discount on the inscription in the back), he gave my hubby a nice birthday card and signed it when I came to pick it up. :)

I felt blessed indeed. Thank you Lord!

Shimmie, it's just a beautiful thing for you to have put up this thread when you did.

To those who are praying for a hubby... don't give up on God, he knows what he's doing!

God bless
:rosebud:

Laela

goldielocs,

I'm taking my time to read each wife's post..

I love how you tell your testimony..very engaging (and humorous at times :laugh:)

Also, I cannot help but notice a few common themes in your testimony and mine... God really does fix things in our lives, and it's not until we look back that we see what he's been doing all along....

To God be the Glory!!

Blessings to you and your dear hubby. :yep:

OK- here goes...

My DH and I are actually from the same small town, but we didn't meet until we started dating as adults. Even more ironic, he is related to my mother's husband. We didn't find that out until after we got engaged. Anyway...here's the story...

I got saved at 17, but didn't live my life right until i had my daughter at 22. God blessed me with that child and even before her birth, I knew it. After having her, I promised that if I didn't get married before her 5th birthday then I would remain single. I grew up in a family where I was the stepchild and felt like one everyday. I was not going to let that happen to my baby. So, when I had her I left home and we lived in an apartment. I worked and struggled for 2 years and when it was obvious I needed help, I moved back home. I didn't want to, but oh well....

I got a job as a receptionist and settled in at home. After being there for about 2 months, one of my co-workers asked me if I was dating. It's a small town so there isn't much privacy. I told him no and I wasn't looking. He persisted and said he knew someone who was saved and was a nice guy. I brushed him off and went on about my business. The next day, he lingered around and asked again. I told him to tell the guy to call me at work during lunch if he wanted to talk to me. I wasn't about to give him my number!

He called and we talked. He seemed ok, but I wasn't impressed. He asked for my number and I said no, but I'll take yours. I called about 3 or 4 days later and we had a nice conversation. We talked on the phone for 4 weeks before we set eyes on one another. During that time, I was asking around about him. I had my grandfather check him out. Once I got a good report back from my grandfather, I lowered my defenses a little.

We decided to meet at a basketball game at the high school. I was suprized at how cute he was. Very nicely dressed and clean-cut.
Ok- potential...

We started dating. We usually went to each other's churches or to family type venues because my daughter was always with us. I wanted him to know it was a package deal.

Another thing- the man knew the Word y'all! One night we were at Bible study and he just took the lesson and ran with it. I was quite impressed to say the least. That night, my pastor's wife pulled me to the side and told me she liked him - so far.

About 5 months into dating, my the water pump in my car was leaking. I mentioned to him I needed to get it fixed- just in conversation. Do you know, that sweet man called my mother and asked if he could come over that night and fix my car so I wouldn't have to pay for it??? He's a mechanic. I didn't know anything about it until the next morning when I was heading out of the door and noticed a card and rose sitting in the front seat. That boy was good.

He didn't "sweep me off my feet," but he has always been about taking care of me. Just writing this post is bringing up things he's done that I forgot about. Daycare bills that were already paid when I went to settle the bill, getting my daughter's hair done by a cousin when I was too busy, a certificate to a day spa for my birthday- he proved to me that he wanted to be a covering for me. I need to give him a kiss when he gets home from work...

He asked my mother and grandfather for my hand around Christmas and we got engaged the following week on New Years Day. We planned on a year long engagement, but he was called up to go to Iraq for 18 months. I was not a happy girl. Even though I didn't want to, we went ahead and married 3 months later in March. He said he wanted to make sure we were taken care of while he was gone.

The time between having my daughter to the time I met my husband was rough. I didn't want to even get married because I was afraid my daughter wouldn't be treated fairly, but God knew who my husband would be and how he needed to approach me. Looking back, I don't think it could have happened any other way than it did because I can be quite stubborn...

I hope that wasn't TMI.

Laela

WOW!!!!!

momi, I'm so glad you shared that.

God has given you a King! Nothing but the best for his children!

Amen and Amen!

cont'd...

We started seeing each other regularly - he knew that I did not believe in dating just to date. About a year passed and still no serious talk of committment. I asked him in a round about way where he thought the relationship was going. He said he was waiting on God. I quoted Amos -"How can two walk together unless they agree" and ended the relationship. To this day that was one of the hardes things I have done. About a month later he called out of the blue and asked me if I would go to a conference where he was preaching. I reluctantly said yes - when we walked into the sanctuary he dropped down on one knee, broke out the ring and proposed. I fainted.

The funny thing is...he said that he'd had the ring for 6 months but was just waiting on the right time.

That seems like a lifetime ago - but I am happy to be married to my best friend, priest, provider and protector of my home :spinning:

I thank God for him. Sorry this was so long.

Laela

Heyyyy..... I used to chat with VitaminD!!

j/k :duck:

Seriously, I'm happy to see you both serving God together and enjoying the married life! What a blessed union.. :rosebud:

I get this "note" and I click on his profile which was "Vitamin D1" at the time! I knew how they say milk does a body good... so I had to check out who was sending me this note... LOL (I was soo bad) *BTW... Neither one of us were saved at the time* so I check it out and I was like OMGosh... was he fine or was he FINE! LOL so I replied, we talked online and then over the phone... He was from PA while I was from NY. Amazingly, he just happened to be living in Queens for while doing music, so we met up! We had an awesome time. He met my mom and she thought he was too cute and was a playa... She told me, girl, he may be nice to chill with or have fun, but not bf material! That he was a playa! I fed into that thinking yeah, he is too cute... so we stopped talkin, I moved on, but ALWAYS thought about him...

2 years passed... After I moved back to NY from FL... I was still thinking of him and decided to go back on Blackplanet (hadn't been on there in bout a year) just to see if I could relocate him. I sent him a note (thought it was impossible because it had been so long)

Anyways... He REPLIED and was excited to hear from me! That next month, I was in PA visiting him, and 2 weeks after the 1st visit I went back to PA to see him again! (I had just got my license a few months before and just got a $1000 hooptie! LOL) But I did not care; I was going on the road to see my man! LOL we loved being around each other!

Fast Forward... we decided to move together the following year and then we moved to NC in 2005, joined a church we got saved (Thank God for sending Allend) got married in 2007 and now live for Christ! YAY! So glad that He forgave us for all the years we were together not living right! (Drinking, clubbin, fornicating, cursing, pretty much just doing what we wanted living totally wrong and out of His will to be exact) But He spared us! He is so merciful! I praise His name! Thank YOU LORD! :)

My hubby, I call him my lil Obed-Edom, because he wants/is a part of every ministry, (Choir member, youth ministry leader, Youth Sunday school teacher, trustee, Awana leader, VBS leader, Church youth b-ball leader, attends prayer meeting, bible study, jail to visit the youth) just like Obed Edom, all just so He can be in God presence more! I am soo blessed to have him. God DID IT! I know I'm biggin up my boo, but I give all the glory to OUR Father!! :) Thanks Shimmie for the thread! Made me more thankful for my gift from God!

Laela

wow wow wow wow wow..... I'm just being blown away by these testimonies on hubbies. God is using these strong leaders, these Men on fire for God to bring some of us to (back to) him! These testimonies are only supporting God's promise in Matthew 6:33:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God,and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I'm glad that you stopped and prayed so that you could receive God's gift of a husband to you.

You are truly blessed!

Hi ladies! I love threads like this for two reasons: 1) they inspire and 2) they remind me of how good God has been to me.

My story is a little different. I met my husband my freshman year in college, at a time when marriage was not the least of my worries. I actually met him at a club on the way out, he was at the door waiting on some friends of his. He asked me for my number. It took me a year to start taking him seriously. After that year, things sped up rather quickly. We both always knew God, but you know how some of us say we are Christians but don't resemble them? That's how we were.

Going back for just a second- before I met my husband, I had gotten out of a bad relationship with an older man who was nothing but a player. He broke my heart into little tiny pieces and after that ordeal, I prayed to God : "Lord, I pray that you send me a faithful man who loves me as much as you." I know that's a simple request, but it is a tall order. When I think about how much God loves me and everything he will do and has done?? That's love.

Anyways, back to the story. My husband and I participated in pre-martial sex ( a big no-no) and I was pregnant at 21. I wasn't ready to get married, but neither was my husband. My husband at the time did something that I didn't do, he got his life completely together and turned his life back over to the Lord. I remember making fun at the change in him. I graduated from school with no problem, but the rest of my life was in disarray, emotionally I was scarred from previous events that I allowed to take over my existence. I did everything under the sun to my husband. I mean, when i think back on how I treated him at times, I still cry. But, he kept right on loving me. I remember one time I told him to take me off his pedestal because I never asked to be on one. I know-- :wallbash: (stupid!!)

Fast forward about 5 years and my husband had taken all he could take. He decided he was ready to move on with his life- without me. :perplexed I don't know why some of us have to lose it all in order to realize we had it all,but I was one of those people. It took him doing that for me to really break down and say, "Lord, have your way. Have your way in me." I began to live for God and no other reason. I attended the church DH belong to, not because I wanted DH back, but because that's where God told me I needed to be.

The change in me became evident I guess, and DH came back to me and proposed. He told me, he had never taken me off of that pedestal and he never would. He also told me he was loving me when I didn't know how to love myself. Now that we were two complete individuals - we could be one in marriage. Our daughter is being raised by both of her biological parents... God has truly restored everything to me that Satan tried to rob me of.

Of course, I said yes!!! We've been married for almost three years now. I love that man.

Moral of this story: God answers prayers, he wants to bless us even when we aren't neccessarily worthy of the blessing. God loves us just because and for no other reason. You don't have to be perfect to be loved and to deserve God's favor. God is the God of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances. He takes your worst and gives you his best. All you have to do is trust him and turn it over to him.

Sorry to go on so long.

God bless!!!

Laela

Just beautiful.... Amen!!!

Matthew 6:33......

Laela

Momi, ITA with you on the bolded.. it's truly a lost of faith when a single woman professes that. Not only that, when she says something like this, she is speaking this confession over her life and God will not bless her with a husband because that isn't the desire of her heart.

It's also the Power of Attraction at work. When I felt not worthy of having a husband, what I attracted were men who were NOT husband material. God really doesn't work in our lives unless we belong to him...it's that simple.

bless you! :bighug:

This is a wonderful thread. I thank God for women of God who are are not afraid to share their feelings about marriage. My husband is always shaking his head at me because I am forever trying to set someone up. Many of the unmarried ladies at my church say that they dont really want to be married. Personally I believe they may have lost faith - this should not be the case. When God proclaimed that He will give us the desires of our hearts (and marriage is in HIS will) the economy, potential shrinking pool of men, nor anything else can get in the way of that!

I thank God for all of the unmarried women who are standing on God's word walking in faith, and refusing to comprimise while they wait on His promise! I will be truly praying for you all - and the married women as well that we will continue to be women who bring glory to God by the way we love our husbands and serve The Lord.

I am rambling...

Laela

I'm glad you took the time to share your story...

I took the time to read it, and I'm blessed by your testimony. Your hubby is so very lucky to have you as his wife. When I read that you were disappointed when he called you a Friend, my jaw dropped... :laugh: ... It really is the greatest thing for a man to call a woman his Friend. The ultimate compliment indeed!

God continue to bless your marriage..... :yep:

mrselle

It's also the Power of Attraction at work. When I felt not worthy of having a husband, what I attracted were men who were NOT husband material. God really doesn't work in our lives unless we belong to him...it's that simple.

I couldn’t agree with this more. When I had low self esteem, guys picked up on that and used it to their advantage. During the time that my husband and I were not together I settled for some things that I would never dream of settling for now. I constantly allowed myself to be the “rebound” girl or to be a fill in until the guy and his “true love” got back together. I spent many birthdays and Valentine’s days alone. Not because I didn’t have anyone in the picture, but because none of those guys ever regarded me as special enough to acknowledge me on such days.

Ladybelle

Ya'll I printed this for one of my single friends to read, and she cried - tears of joy. She said she'd been praying for something to keep her motivated, she's a virgin at 27 and is getting "tired" of waiting, these stories helped her to remember God is faithful.

Thank you so much for sharing, you never know who you are blessing with the words of your testimony.

:bighug:

Laela

Let me clarify something in my testimony so there's no confusion. I got saved early in life but never really lived a saved life until I rededicated my life in recent years. So to me, I wasn't really saved all that time... :yep: