Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
February 13, 2015

Devotional:

[fn]This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19 (NASB)

Have a brake on your tongue; hit the throttle on your ears. Let your angry email sit three days before responding and make sure you read it and edit it before you send it. Keep you mouth shut and your ears open. They all say the same thing. Now if we would just do it, wouldn't the Christian community so much more blessed!

Prayer:
Mighty and Holy God, you are incredible — beyond my comprehending. How you put up with all the drivel, senseless and hurtful speech that I and your other children spew out is beyond my understanding. I ask that you release the Holy Spirit to convict my heart and guard my lips from any form of hurtful speech. I want my voice to be as much yours as my heart is. This I pray through Jesus. Amen.

Wisdom:
The wicked earns deceptive wages, But he who sows righteousness gets a true reward. Proverbs 11:18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 14, 2015

Devotional:

“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3:17 (NASB)

How do you view God? Is he someone looking for a way to condemn you? Is he an out of touch old man who doesn't really know what it's like in our modern world? Is he too holy to soil himself with the concerns of mere mortals and has left it up to us to work everything out for ourselves? No. NO. NO! God chose to enter our world and experience it from the side of mortality. God chose to enter our world, not to condemn us, or it, but to redeem it and each of us. Jesus is the great reminder that God longs to save us, not condemn us. Thank God for God! Thank God for Jesus who was and is God with us.

Prayer:
Holy and Heavenly God, thank you that you live with those of us who are contrite and repentant and who long for your presence. You know we are only mortal, but you love us. You know that we are flawed, but you redeemed us. You know that we are not perfect, but sent Jesus as the perfect sacrifice to save us. Thank you. Through my Savior I offer my sincerest gratitude and praise. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But he who walks wisely will be delivered. Proverbs 28:26 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 16, 2015

Devotional:

“But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24 (NASB)

How important is grace? Paul said that telling about that grace was more important to him than his life! In fact, that was his life after his conversion to Jesus!

Prayer:
Almighty God, Holy Father, thank you for your lavish grace demonstrated and fully expressed in sending Jesus to die for me. As your child, and in thanks to your sacrificial gift, I pledge to you my life, my love, and my all. Through Jesus. Amen.

Wisdom:
A foo [fn]always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back. Proverbs 29:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 17, 2015

Devotional:

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15 (NASB)

We are not alone. God has given us each other to live our lives for him and get us back home to him. Along the way, we want to share each others burdens, soar on each others joys, and love each others hurts. There is no such thing as a solo Christian.

Prayer:
Loving Father, lead me to the people today who need their burdens lifted and their joys shared. Let me be your presence in the world of your children today. This I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who walks blamelessly will be delivered, But he who is [fn]rooked will fall all at once.. Proverbs 28:18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 18, 2015

Devotional:

But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who [fn]fear Him, And His [fn]righteousness to children’s children, To those who keep His covenant And remember His precepts to do them. Psalm 103:17-18 (NASB)

with their children's children — with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

Prayer:
Forever love is talked about in dime store novels, but only found in God. We tap that reservoir of eternal and divine love through the Holy Spirit who helps us both receive it and share it.

Wisdom:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with [fn]a whole heart and a willing [fn]mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.. 1 Chronicles 28:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
Februayr 19, 2015

Devotional:

so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him. Hebrews 9:28 (NASB)

Who are you waiting for? Can you think of anything more exciting than to wait for Jesus to come take us home in his glory! But ours isn't a passive wait. Jesus gave us a commission to take his story to the whole world and call others to join with us in following him. So by the power of the Holy Spirit we wait in expectation as we share Jesus' good news with passion and as we live with the character and compassion of the Father.

Prayer:
Majestic King of the Ages, may your Kingdom come in all its fullness and every knee bow to your Savior, and may you grant that it may come to pass in our generation. Through Jesus I expectantly pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves, So do not despise the discipline of [fn]the Almighty.. Job 5:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 20, 2015

Devotional:

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a [fn]out, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive [fn]and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NASB)

What do you have that is forever? Most of everything we have falls apart, breaks, or runs down in a short time. But we have three things that last forever: God, our Christian friends, and our praise of God. These are eternal.

Prayer:
God, I look forward to the day of your next great surprise. I join the angels in standing on tiptoe as I look to the clouds to see my Lord and your Son return in glory and receive the welcome and honor he deserves. I praise you for that day now, even though I only see it by faith. Until I see you on that day, please know my heart's desire is to serve you, even when my weakness gets in my way of showing it as fully as I should. I offer you my sincerest thanks and praise in Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
O continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You, And Your righteousness to the upright in heart.. Psalm 36:10 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 21, 2015

Devotional:

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will [fn]dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them[fn] and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” Revelation 21:2-4 (NASB)

I don't know about you, but I'm kind of ready for that old order stuff to go away. The end of tears, death, mourning, crying and pain sounds pretty good to me! No wonder the early Christians would say, "Marantha. Come Lord Jesus!" They couldn't wait.

Prayer:
Holy God, please help me as I try continue serving you faithfully. My desire is to be steadfast in my love and living for you until the glorious day that so many of your children have longed for over the centuries. I long to see you in your glory and to share in your presence and to join with the saints of all ages praising you around your glorious throne. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Hear, my son, your father’s instruction And do not forsake your mother’s teaching; Proverbs 1:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 23, 2015

Devotional:

A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a [fn]harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1 (NASB)

Why is it so hard to endure an unjust or unfair criticism? Why do we always have to defend ourselves no matter how ridiculous the charge? Often the problems we have with others simply escalate because we do not choose to forgive and let them go on in the Lord!

Prayer:
Precious and Holy God, help me more carefully guard my speech from things you despise, especially gossip, slander, and innuendo. Thank you. In Jesus name and by Jesus' grace I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than [fn]to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire. Matthew 18:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 24, 2015

Devotional:

“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt Yourself as head over all. 1 Chronicles 29:11 (NASB)

Praise is the direct address of God that lets him know we recognize him for who he is, what he has done, and what he is doing. But more than informing God of his greatness, praise is rejoicing before him in his greatness and recognizing that not only is his grace without comparison, his majesty and might and holiness and faithfulness and righteousness and mercy and love and forgiveness and justice and... without comparison. God is God and praise is thankful celebration that he is God, and even more importantly, that he is our God.

Prayer:
Great and Gracious God without compare, you are truly worthy of my best words and best thoughts and best imaginings. I not only worship and submit to you, but I rejoice that you are who you are, I celebrate what you have done, and I long for what you are yet to do. You are magnificent, my Father and my God. Through Jesus, and because of his matchless love, I praise you. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed are you, O Israel; Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, Who is the shield of your help
And the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, And you will tread upon their high places.” Deuteronomy 33:29 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 25, 2015

Devotional:

Therefore [fn]encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NASB)

While Paul's exhortation here is excellent, it is the style of the exhortation we should especially notice. We live in an age where we are constantly pressured to emphasize the novel, new, or improved versions of things. But in our lives as Christians, our knowledge always exceeds our obedience. So more often than we like to think, we need to remind each other of what we are doing right and just simply say, "Hey, you're doing well; just keep doing what you're doing!"

Prayer:
Faithful Father, thank you for noticing and keeping record of the things I've done that are good and pleasing to you. Please help me to keep doing those things that please you, only better, that you may be pleased and glorified. In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Know that the LORD [fn]imself is God; It is He who has made us, and [fn]not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 26, 2015

Devotional:

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the [fn]saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 (NASB)

Love that surpasses knowledge. That's very difficult to explain, but when you have loved your spouse for decades and he or she is as close to you as any bodily organ, you experience what this means. When you love a child and do what you never dreamed you could do for another human being, you understand this phrase. And when you stand before God, adopted as a full heir of all his great riches, a full sibling to Jesus Christ the Lord, and know you are seen as holy, without reproach, and blameless, you begin to understand this phrase.

Prayer:
Holy and incredible God, help me to know in my soul the love that is greater than words and knowledge so that I may not only be like you, but that I may know you in experience just as I know you in faith. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [fn]rials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces [fn]endurance. James 1:2-3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 27, 2015

Devotional:

Before the mountains were born [fn]Or You gave birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by, [fn]Or as a watch in the night. Psalm 90:2&4 (NASB)

So many things about our life are uncertain. This one thing, however, is sure: no matter where, when, or how long, God will be there and will be with us and for us.

Prayer:
Everlasting Father, I find great comfort in knowing that I cannot be in a place or time where you are not. Stir my courage through your Spirit that I may be more bold, by your power and presence, to share the Gospel of Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
As [fn]obedient children, do not [fn]be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but [fn]like the Holy One who called you, [fn]be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY,” 1 Peter 1:14-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 28, 2015

Devotional:

The Lord [fn]GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds feet, And makes me walk on my high places. For the choir director, on my stringed instruments. Habakkuk 3:19 (NASB)

"The Lord is my strength!" Wow, what power we have in his abiding and empowering presence in the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:
Sovereign God and Almighty Father, be not only my strength, but the strength of those battling depression, grief and despair. I ask your blessings especially and specifically for _________ at this time of difficulty and struggle. Through Jesus I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 2, 2015

Devotional:

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB)

The world wants a Savior but not a Lord. The New Testament is clear, a Savior who is not Lord is no Savior and no friend. If the Old Testament showed us anything, it is that God's seemingly bizarre laws were written not for his fascination but for his people's preservation. Let's not only call Jesus Lord this week, let's live in a way that shows he controls our lives and his Spirit produces our character.

Prayer:
Most Holy Lord, please take control of my life and my will that I may be wholly yours, not just in word, but in thought and in deed as well. Amen.

Wisdom:
So then, [fn]while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6:10 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 3, 2015

Devotional:

bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Colossians 3:13 (NASB)

How can I not forgive a brother or sister for whom Christ died, when I know what God paid to forgive me?

Prayer:
Holy Father, I commit today to release any grudge or bitterness that I have against one of your children. I am sorry for not reflecting your grace and mercy which you lavished on me. Abba Father, I need the help of your Holy Spirit to relinquish my claim on the wrongs committed against me and to treat those who have hurt me as full siblings in your family. Please empower me as I commit to follow your example in forgiving, even when it is hard. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let your speech always be [fn]with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. Colossians 4:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 4, 2015

Devotional:

“[fn]Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the [fn]nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 (NASB)

History tells me it has been true! Faith trusts it will be true eternally! Reverent silences, a pause in the hectic rush of our lives, reminds us that it is true today.

Prayer:
O Father in heaven, may your name be revered and held holy in my life and my world today. Your will be done, your reign on earth come with power and might and finality, just as it has already come in heaven. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How blessed is the man whose strength is in You, In [fn]whose heart are the highways to Zion!Psalm 84:5 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 5, 2015

Devotional:

For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Psalm 19:1-2 (NASB)

God's voice is always speaking. His witnesses give testimony to his glory, majesty, and creative grace. The universe shouts with joy that behind its intricate beauty and paralyzing powers is the One who gave it life, purpose, and intention.

Prayer:
O Great God, Creator of the countless heavens and our own small blue planet, thank you for noticing the heart cries of one so small in a universe so large. I love you, admire you, trust you, and worship you with wonder. Be exalted in my life, my words, and my deeds this day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 1 John 1:5-6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 6, 2015

Devotional:

“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your [fn]heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?” Luke 11:13 (NASB)

Think of all the great gifts you've been given. Next to Jesus, God's gracious sacrifice for our salvation, the greatest gift we can receive is God's abiding presence in the Holy Spirit! He is ours if we ask. In fact, when we ask God for anything, the Spirit is already in God's presence interceding for us!

Prayer:
Abba Father, through the precious Holy Spirit I come before you asking you to empower me, my loved ones, and our church through the power of your Holy Spirit. I pray for renewal to sweep over our country and our world led by your Spirit of grace, power, and love. In the name of Jesus, the giver of this great gift I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The LORD will [fn]protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The LORD will [fn]guard your going out and your coming in From this time forth and forever. Psalm 121:7-8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 7, 2015

Devotional:

For our [fn]citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; Philippians 3:20 (NASB)

No matter what your passport says, if you are a Christian, there is no earthly country that can hold you, no borders that can claim, you and no flag that flies above you but Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven. You have more in common with the believing aboriginal tribesman of Indonesia, the Christian refugee in Africa, the Bedouin brother in Egypt, the Spirit-filled Brazilian housewife, the high rise business person in Hong Kong who bows to pray in Jesus name, than you do your next door neighbors if they don't know Christ as Lord and Savior.

Prayer:
Glorious God and Almighty Father, I look forward to the day when people from every language, tribe, nation, and language join the angels and elders around your throne and worship you in joy forever. Make us one, if not here, then soon. We ask you Lord Jesus, please come. Amen.

Wisdom:
How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces [fn]peace And brings good news of [fn]happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, “Your God [fn]reigns!” Isaiah 52:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 9, 2015

Devotional:

The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, And he who sires a wise son will be glad in him. Proverbs 23:24 (NASB)

The greatest gift I can give my father, and my Father, is to be righteous in my heart and life.

Prayer:
Holy and righteous Father, may my life please you and bring honor to my father and his name. I know that if I please you, it will make his heart glad. Help me as I seek to know you and serve you in ways that show your character in my life. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 10, 2015

Devotional:

Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who [fn]fear Him. Psalm 103:13 (NASB)

Compassion. Not pity, not anger, not shame, not impatience, not intolerance, not rejection, but compassion is what God, my Father, gives to me. He cares for my pain enough to enter into my world and share it in Jesus.

Prayer:
Father of Mercies and God of all Compassion, thank you for not only knowing and caring about my struggles and problems but sending me help in Jesus and the Holy Spirit. By one I know your love and mercy and by the other I know your might and power. May your Spirit of compassion be found in my relationships. Through the grace of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. Hebrews 4:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 11, 2015

Devotional:

Sing to God, sing praises to His name;[fn]Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts, Whose name is [fn]the LORD, and exult before Him. A father of the fatherless and a judge [fn]or the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. Psalm 68:4-5 (NASB)

I can't help but think of what James, Jesus' brother said: "Pure religion, undefiled before God the Father is this: keep oneself undefiled and care for orphans and widows in their distress." Jesus showed clearly this was the Father's heart in his ministry. Now it is up to us to continue it!

Prayer:
Father, may my life, my compassion and my ministry reflect your heart for those who need care and protection and love. Give me eyes to see this need more clearly and a heart to responded more certainly so that your love may be demonstrated through me. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My son, do not forget my [fn]teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you. Proverbs 3:1-2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 12, 2015

Devotional:

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 (NASB)

Mothers have such an inside road with children that it is interesting that God commands fathers to be about the work of spiritual nurture. I don't believe he means to exclude mothers. No, I think he assumes they'll do their part. But the father's influence and intentional training is so essential.

Prayer:
Abba Father, may my children come to find you in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. Exodus 20:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 13, 2015

Devotional:

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, Ephesians 5:25-26 (NASB)

For husbands, there is sacrificial love in our purpose and purpose in our sacrifice. We give up ourselves to love our wives. Jesus is our example here, and he gave up everything. His purpose? To make us holy and beautiful to God. Our motives are to be equally as sacrificial and pure in surrendering our rights to bless and love our wives. As Paul reminds us in Ephesians 5:21, we too are to submit, but this does not mean spinelessness, it means service and sacrifice to bless and bring glory to Christ.

Prayer:
Holy God, help our families to be full of love and may this begin with me, today, in my family. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 14, 2015

Devotional:

“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36 (NASB)

We chase after so many different things. Only one thing is needful. Having a fist full of dollars, a great estate, and lots of prestige doesn't mean a whole lot if you've gone to your ultimate address without the Lord. Even worse is to find that in the middle of your busy-ness, you awake to find yourself in the barren land where Christ does not dwell and life is not found. Let's not lose our life, our soul, our meaning, chasing after what is not lasting.

Prayer:
Father, help me to keep my priorities right, my life holy, and my heart open to your will rather than being blinded with my own self-seeking. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How blessed are those who keep [fn]justice, [fn]Who practice righteousness at all times! Psalm 106:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 16, 2015

Devotional:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1 (NASB)

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and to share in the comfort of his sheltering presence. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him. Let's choose to draw near!

Prayer:
O great Almighty God, tender Shepherd and Abba Father, make known to me your nearness. I long to live in your presence as I try to reflect your holiness and grace. By Jesus' blood I draw near to you in full assurance of your love and grace. In the name of Jesus, the name above all names, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that [fn]he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 17, 2015

Devotional:

The LORD will [fn]protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The LORD will [fn]guard your going out and your coming in From this time forth and forever. Psalm 121:7-8 (NASB)

Our lives are not lived out on our own, alone. The Lord is with us personally. He holds our future and our safety in his hands. Our deliverance is assured, either deliverance from death which means service to him, or deliverance to him through death which means freedom from the constraints of mortality and the battle with sin. The Lord will keep us from all harm!

Prayer:
Mighty Protector, Rock of my salvation, thank you that I cannot go where you are not. Thank you that my future is secure with you. Make this assurance the convicting power in my life to turn over my future and my life to you. By the power of Jesus I believe this, and in his name I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
Therefore, [fn]prepare your minds for action, [fn]keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace [fn]to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 18, 2015

Devotional:

Yet those who [fn]wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will [fn]mount up with [fn]wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31 (NASB)

It is easy for us to live victoriously for the Lord when we soar on the wings of eagles. It can be exciting when we run and don't grow weary in the work of the Lord, buoyed by his power and presence. But it often takes heroes to keep walking and not faint when trying times come. Keep on walking brother and sister. The Lord is there when you most fear he has forgotten you!

Prayer:
Majestic God, whose voice holds together our universe, give those who can barely walk the strength to continue as they face the stress and assault of the evil one. I specifically want to pray for those I know personally who are facing trying times. Please, dear LORD, give them strength and meet their most pressings needs. Through Jesus, who conquered Satan, sin and death, and in the power of his holy name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let the peace of Christ [fn]rule in your hearts, to which [fn]indeed you were called in one body; and [fn]be thankful. Colossians 3:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
March 19, 2015

Devotional:

But the Lord is faithful, [fn]and He will strengthen and protect you [fn]from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NASB)

It's amazing to me how Satan knows our "silver bullet sins" — those sins that can especially wound and disable us from the work of Christ. Commit in your heart to ask God to protect you, your family, and one other person (you'll silently and daily support in prayer) from the attacks of the evil one.

Prayer:
Mighty and Triumphant King, crush your enemies under your feet and liberate me and those I love from the oppressive attacks and the horrible consequences of sin. Not only forgive and cleanse me, but please guard my heart so that I might gain strength to serve you with passion and power. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
An [fn]excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who shames him is like rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4 (NASB)