Hide Your Hair 2015

FollicleFanatic

Still wigging it in my half wig. Can't cowash since I'm gone from morning till night every day. Don't want to leave the house with a wet head or have the energy at night to redo everything.

Still working on my crochet wig a little bit at a time. Hopefully will have it finished before the week's end.

trclemons

This is my 3rd week with Senegalese Twists and the longest I have gone without washing my hair loose. I can't wait for this last week to end so I can get my hands in my hair. My next style will be crochet braids using Model Model French Super hair in 1B/30.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm in, first install is crochet braids.

Attached picture from last years Hide your Hair Challenge. I alternate with Crochet Braids and wearing my Wng during the year.

Attachments

• CAM00644.jpg
    CAM00644.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 77
  • PhotoGrid_1420254711573.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1420254711573.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

trclemons

I'm in, first install is crochet braids.
Too cute. What brand hair is that?

Also, don't forget to post your stats:

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
b. Current Hair Length:
c. Hair Length Goal:
d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal?
e. Regimen:
f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs?
g. How long will you be in the challenge?
h. Post your starting pic:

Sanity

Cosmetologist
Update!! Pic added
Starting length

I am currently in Braids installed January 1.

Collage 2015-01-26 23_42_51.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Gr8ness83

Im in. I have been in loc extensions since Dec 3rd. I am keeping them in until May. I stared taking some of the perimeter out and redoing them and my hair was still soft and moisturized from when I moisturized and sealed it when I installed the locs so I am happy. I had buildup around my perimeter, even though I wash my scalp and clarify, I also oil it so I expected some buildup. I did not lose much hair, actually, much less came out than I expected, especially after breaking up the buildup. Only a few strands per loc. I have a good amount of growth, 1" and I am about a week shy of 2 months having them in. I am leaving them in until May. I will take a week or two break to give my hair a rest and then get marly twists, senegelese twists or braids. Something that I can leave in for a while. I may even put the loc extensions back in but do a different color, I am not sure yet.

Thepics are from PS for MOST of the year last year and a few trims. I cant wait to see what THIS year will bring.

Attachments

• 906.jpg
    906.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2173.jpg
    2173.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 52

ForestRose

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural
b. Current Hair Length: Collar bone.
c. Hair Length Goal: beginning of bra strap but thats a stretch!
d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal? About 5 inches
e. Regimen: I really don't have one! No wonder my hair is suffering
f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs? Twists
g. How long will you be in the challenge? For not its 6 months but it may be a year depending on the results I see
h. Post your starting pic: I will post I picture when I get my twists

ForestRose

Hi everyone. I'll give a little background.

Firstly thank god a protective styling challange was made because I need to hide my hair quick! My edges are thinning. It first started with a tight buns I did then I started picking at my edges due to anxiety about the breakage which Im sure, has contributed to the edges getting really bad. Its all over the front and a little at the back. The only thing saving me is that its still thick and not too obvious.

The best thing I could do right now is to cover it up completely but I debating between marley or jumbo twists and mini twists. There are pros and cons of each. Right now I'm leaning towards the jumbo havana twists as they will stop me touching and protect better which is my main aim. I'm not a fan of extensions and prefer my own hair but its the best thing to do at the moment.

Wish me luck in my journey and I'll update back soon.

trclemons

Im in. I have been in loc extensions since Dec 3rd. I am keeping them in until May. I stared taking some of the perimeter out and redoing them and my hair was still soft and moisturized from when I moisturized and sealed it when I installed the locs so I am happy. I had buildup around my perimeter, even though I wash my scalp and clarify, I also oil it so I expected some buildup. I did not lose much hair, actually, much less came out than I expected, especially after breaking up the buildup. Only a few strands per loc. I have a good amount of growth, 1" and I am about a week shy of 2 months having them in. I am leaving them in until May. I will take a week or two break to give my hair a rest and then get marly twists, senegelese twists or braids. Something that I can leave in for a while. I may even put the loc extensions back in but do a different color, I am not sure yet.

Thepics are from PS for MOST of the year last year and a few trims. I cant wait to see what THIS year will bring.
Looking at your pictures have me seriously considering locs. Nice hair & nice progress.

b. Current Hair Length:
c. Hair Length Goal:
e. Regimen:

trclemons

Hi everyone. I'll give a little background.

Firstly thank god a protective styling challange was made because I need to hide my hair quick! My edges are thinning. It first started with a tight buns I did then I started picking at my edges due to anxiety about the breakage which Im sure, has contributed to the edges getting really bad. Its all over the front and a little at the back. The only thing saving me is that its still thick and not too obvious.

The best thing I could do right now is to cover it up completely but I debating between marley or jumbo twists and mini twists. There are pros and cons of each. Right now I'm leaning towards the jumbo havana twists as they will stop me touching and protect better which is my main aim. I'm not a fan of extensions and prefer my own hair but its the best thing to do at the moment.

Wish me luck in my journey and I'll update back soon.
You can do it and we're here to encourage you.

trclemons

2015 “HIDE YOUR HAIR” CHALLENGER LIST

3 Month Challenger
@divachyk (0" - MBL - wigs) :urock:
@mrsroberson86 (4" - WL - twists)

6 Month Challengers

@Sanity (8" - BSL - braids/cornrows)
@HisBestFriend (6" all year - SL - wigs)
@xxlaurenxx (5” – BSL – twists)

9 Month Challenger

@naturallieme (5" - BSL - twists/cornrows/buns)

10 Month Challenger

@fifigirl (4" - MBL - weaves/cornrows)

All Year Challengers

@iLurk (3.5" - WL - wigs/buns)
@trclemons (4" - BSL/MBL - braids/twists)
@Queensheba88 (?" - APL - wigs)
@Evallusion (6" - APL - braids)
@Fotchygirl (3" - APL - weaves)
@shortdub78 (3" - BSB - wigs)
@Firstborn2 (6" - WL- braids)
@ida2 (10" - SL - braids)
@EnExitStageLeft (7" - BSL - wigs)
@FollicleFanatic (3" - MBL - wigs/braids)
@k_enitan (8" - SL - braids/twists)
@Gr8ness83 (19" - TBL - locs)
@tiffers (?
- TBL - wigs)

Unknown Time Period Challenger

@shawnyblazes

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm coming up on 4wks in mini braids on Saturday and my braids are starting to look a hot mess. I was trying to push for 5 or 6wks but I think I will redo this weekend because one of my That Girls goals is to maintain a neat appearance.

trclemons

I'm coming up on 4wks in mini braids on Saturday and my braids are starting to look a hot mess. I was trying to push for 5 or 6wks but I think I will redo this weekend because one of my That Girls goals is to maintain a neat appearance.
I feel you because I've had my Senegalese twists in for 4 weeks today and the gel is not helping with the fuzziness, so they will be coming down this weekend.

davisbr88

I need to join for accountability!

Natural
MBL
2015 Goal: W'Hip Length
I need 5+ inches

I am going to rotate wigs and twists (natural or extension) for variety. Under wigs, my hair will be in two Dutch braids.
I will wash my scalp and condition my hair weekly. I will redo my Dutch braids every 1-2 weeks, retwist my own hair every 3-4 weeks, and retwist extension hair every 2 months.
I will spritz my hair with diluted conditioner daily in the morning and at night.
I will be in the challenge from February 1 until the end of the year!

Starting pic (the top of the belt is WL):

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm still rocking wigs and trimming away damaged ends. The health of my hair is improving slowly but surely.

trclemons

I need to join for accountability!

Natural
MBL
2015 Goal: W'Hip Length
I need 5+ inches

I am going to rotate wigs and twists (natural or extension) for variety. Under wigs, my hair will be in two Dutch braids.
I will wash my scalp and condition my hair weekly. I will redo my Dutch braids every 1-2 weeks, retwist my own hair every 3-4 weeks, and retwist extension hair every 2 months.
I will spritz my hair with diluted conditioner daily in the morning and at night.
I will be in the challenge from February 1 until the end of the year!

Starting pic (the top of the belt is WL):
You are well on your way. Nice hair!

Gr8ness83

Looking at your pictures have me seriously considering locs. Nice hair & nice progress.

b. Current Hair Length:
c. Hair Length Goal:
e. Regimen:

A. I am fully natural, no color, texturizor or relaxed
B. I am below APL, not quite BSL. The areas that I will really be focusing and monitoring is the perimeter of my hair. It has broken off due to leaving it out in weaves or having to pull it back for work.
C. My hair goal is 32" of my own, natural hair. That would be TBL on me.
D. I have to grow 19" inches from my longest layer and 28" from my shortest layer.
E. I just received my Q-Redo steamer, I am going to steam 3x per week. I do scalp massages and oil my scalp. I wash my scalp once per week and oil it 3-4 times per week. I do the LOC method before I install each loc extension. I put leave in conditioner, either Infusiam Moisturology or It's a 10 then I seal it with jbco and coconut oil. I have had my local in since December 3rd and when I took some out the other day to redo, my hair was still silky and coated with oil. I have washed my hair several times too.
F. I will have my locs in until May. I take the perimeter out every 6-8 weeks, a few at a time and break up any buildup, get rid of shed hair, wash, condition and redo the locs. After I take out my locs in May, I will leave my hair out for a week or two, just bunning to give my scalp a rest and let my follicles "breathe". I will then get another protective style. I am not sure what yet but probably loc extensions again.
G. I will be in the challenge all year. The only breaks will be when I take my hair out of the PS to breathe, no more than 2 weeks.

trclemons

Yesterday, I installed some crochet braids using Model Model French Super and that hair gave me a fit. No matter how much knotting I did, the hair is still loose around the braid and I couldn't get the knot close to the braid. I'm not sure this style will last a month, but we will see.

Attachments

• 20150131_211202.jpg
    20150131_211202.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 64

Fotchygirl

Yesterday, I installed some crochet braids using Model Model French Super and that hair gave me a fit. No matter how much knotting I did, the hair is still loose around the braid and I couldn't get the knot close to the braid. I'm not sure this style will last a month, but we will see.
You are talented trclemons!

Fotchygirl

I am still in a bad weave but am a bit worried since I am not moisturizing as much as I should. I'm even scared to wash it since I put my hand under the front part and felt smooth flesh. I think my hairline is gone, I hope I'm exaggerating. I will take it out at the end of Feb.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I am still in a bad weave but am a bit worried since I am not moisturizing as much as I should. I'm even scared to wash it since I put my hand under the front part and felt smooth flesh. I think my hairline is gone, I hope I'm exaggerating. I will take it out at the end of Feb.
why are you leaving it in so long if you think there is a problem with your real hair? I hope it works out for you but I would be taking it out asap if it was my hair.