***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

Joigirl

I am in! I try to deep condition weekly unless my schedule just won't allow it. I have a number is DCs in my stash to either try or use up. My hair likes pretty much everything except coconut and citrus oils. My favorites are:

CJ Curl Rehab
CJ Deep Fix
CJ Repair Me
APB Blueberry Cheesecake
Silk Dreams Mocha Silk

I bought a steamer during the summer and it has taken my DC sessions to new heights. I plan to use it twice a month during the winter.

veesweets

Thanks for the tag, I'm in! I need to put this hooded dryer to work. Once a week is my plan

I'll be using:
Joico treatment balm
Silk dreams vanilla silk
Komaza protein treatment
Curl junkie repair me
Shea moisture tahitian noni mask

I'll be trying out silk dreams mocha silk infusion and I want to find one more staple moisture DC this year

cynd

I'm still in. Thanks for the tag. I plan to get back to at least once a week DC using my steamer or dryer. Too many conditioners/oils to name.

Britt

Thanks for the tag. If you want healthy hair, deep conditioning is definitely the way to go. I couldn't imagine life without it.

Same here.
This is the one hair practice that I have been religious about since forever. I deep condition my hair weekly w/o fail. I recently got a steamer so I've been using that weekly. I will be rotating my Naturelle Grow dc's, Darcy's Pumpkinseed, and Komaza protein treatment.

Rozlewis

I'm in. I DC one time each week.

1. What product(s) did you use? I use a plethora of DC's and will post them every week
2. How long did you DC for? 30 minutes
3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc): I usually steam with my DC.
4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond? I will post this each week along with the Dc I am using.

sexypebbly

Im in. I dc weekly. Have soo many conditioners to name but ill be rotating bee mine Bee-ti-ful dc and HQS coconut mango dc. I also use oils and honey with my dc. Ill use my steamer but occasionally, I'll use my heat cap or dc overnight

randi415

Thanks for the tag!

I kinda fell off and been lazy with my DC and my hair is definitely paying for it. Gotta re stock for 2015 and get this mane back in shape. I will be DCing once a week, sat or sun.

meka72

I'm in! I usually wash and condition my hair on Sundays. Although I have hi-po hair, I prefer to use medium heat to deep condition. My scalp doesn't like overnight deep conditioning and will get bumps if it is wet for too long. I LOVE deep conditioners and have way too many. Once I add a couple of Bobeam conditioners to the mix, before January 1, I won't buy anymore until I've used up at least 2/3 of what I have.

CodeRed

Thanks for the tag!!

1. What product(s) did you use? Either Millcreek Keratin Conditioner over hydrolyzed quinoa protein or Eva NYC Hair Mask

2. How long did you DC for? With the Millcreek Keratin Conditioner/protein it will be for 2 minutes, 2 sessions (relaxer time) and the Eva NYC Mask would be for the duration of the shower

3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc): Millcreek protein: steam; Eva NYC Mask: just 5 minutes sitting

4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond? So far... great!!!

Lisa

Thanks for the reminder! I've been slipping the last 2 weeks. I'm still looking for a great deep conditioner but in the mean time I will be using ORS Olive Oil Replenising Pak, Ouidad Melt Down Extreme Repair Mask, and Elasta QP Intense

abcd09

1. What product(s) did you use?
2. How long did you DC for?
3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?

I DC with every wash.

1. I apply the products in this order: Darcy Botanicals Deep moisture mask, a teeny bit of Humecto, Shescentit Avocado condish, AVJ, olive oil, coconut oil
2. I DC for 40mins to an hr
3. After applying those products I put my hair in a plastic cap, wrap in Walmart professional strength plastic wrap (important!no other wrap works as well as walmart's professional!!), then I sit under my Pibbs dryer for 40 min to an hr.
4. This is the best dcing method I have ever tried. All of the products work heavenly together and wrapping with plastic wrap improves the absorption and softness. My hair is softer, less tangled, silkier, SHINIER, styles so easily, and stays moisturized. I would recommend to anyone to wrap their hair over the plastic cap.

CodeRed

Got an early start on this challenge since I did my relaxer today. I'll bring this over from the steaming post:

Steam #1: Neutral Protein Filler under hydrolyzed quinoa protein under Affirm Protecto (5 minute, mid-step protein treatment)

Steam #2: Hydrolyzed quinoa protein under Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner under Mark Hill Nourishing conditioner (it has 3 different kinds of hydrolyzed proteins and I'm trying to use it up lol) under aloe vera gel (20 minute protein treatment)

When I'm done with the second steaming session I'm going to do a short deep conditioning with Eva NYC Hair Mask while in the shower

iamyattababe

I'm in! My hair loves a good deep condition! Will continue to deep condition once a week sometimes twice if my schedule permits. Stash is full of Deep C's, so I'll post what I use weekly.

curlyhersheygirl

I'm in once again

I will continue to DC once a week ( twice when needed ) either with steam or heat. Those two methods give me the best results.
As for products I'll be using the DC's I have on hand.

greenbees

Thanks for the mention! I'll be sticking to DC'ing once a week and I'll try to update as much as possible.

Sticking with my old faithful: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk :lick:

Rozlewis

Dc'd tonight for 30 mins with Claudies Moisturizing DC, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary oil.

I usually change DC's but my add-ins remain consistent and this combination makes my hair feel moisturized, soft and bouncy. The consistency of the DC is like greek yogurt which I like. I love thick DC's. This DC has a moderate amount of slip.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm in. I DC weekly to biweekly based on the hairstyle I'm wearing.

1. What product(s) did you use?
I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture, UltraSheen DuoTex, Aubrey Organics GPB, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, and Aubrey Organics White Camellia

2. How long did you DC for?
I DC for at least 1 hour. Lately, I've been DCing overnight.

3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc):
I have a hooded dryer, a steamer, and a heat cap. I'll be varying those tools, and using body heat.

4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?

My hair loves conditioning I make sure to use protein regularly, too.

nmartin20

I will continue to deep condition only a weekly basis unless my hair is in a protective style. Normally, I deep condition for about 45 minutes to a hour(unless I'm lazy and go longer). I have several conditioners such as BASK, Shescentit, Hairveda, Silk Dreams, Shea Moisture, ORS Mayo, Darcy Botanical, and Naturelle Grow etc. okay I'm done I think. I will continue to use my steamer and hair therapy wrap. These two tools have worked wonders for my hair. Darcy and Silk Dreams are new products for me. Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Last edited: