2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

nmartin20

Steamed with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root Conditioner for about 45 minutes under my steamer. This was so needed!!

I prepooed with SM Purification Masque about a hour.

Rozlewis

Steaming right now with Marie Dean Hemp and Aloe PROLESS DC, Porosity Control, Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus Oil over coffee.

Alta Angel

I'm back! Steaming now with Shea Moisture Hair Milk leave in for 30 minutes. I am going to attempt to steam again tomorrow for 30 minutes. My hair needs some tlc.

CodeRed

Steamed protein treatment in for 20 minutes. Put a cap on over it... will rinse out in a few.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam (moisturizing) with: white tea rinse under Eva NYC Hair Mask mixed with hemp seed oil and mustard powder.

Nichelle_jb

Got my braids out and steamed for the first time in what seems like forever. I steamed for 30 minutes using Avocado Oil plus Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner.

Nichelle_jb

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will Steam with:
BeeMine's Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er over a Rosemary Tea Rinse. Will use Pure Avocado Oil to seal it all in.

CodeRed

@CodeRed

You reminded me that I bought mustard powder a few months ago and haven't used it. How do you use/like it?

cynd

I mix it in with my deep conditioner. Today I put about 2 tablespoons in about 1 oz of Eva NYC mask with some hemp seed oil and hydrolyzed quinoa protein for a protein treatment. I definitely got the "warming" effect before I went under the steamer... under there currently and it's still not "burning" but it's just a few degrees warmer than my usual steam. I like it fine, it's easy to incorporate... this is my second time using it and I want to see if in fact I get any growth. I want to continue it for 4 months but if after this month I don't see anything I'll probably stop.

CodeRed

Steaming now with Eva NYC Mask mixed with mustard powder, hemp seed oil and hydrolyzed quinoa. Only steamed for 10 minutes with this one since there's mustard powder in it and it heats up pretty well on the scalp... Cap on now and will sit with it for about another 20 minutes before a moisturizing treatment.

cynd

Thanks CodeRed. I purchased it to use in this recipe that claims to give you growth boost, but again, I haven't used it yet. I might try incorporating it into my DC like you. Anyway, here's the recipe FYI:

Mustard Hair Mask
Apply for 1 month 1 time per week. Mix 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder (ground mustard) add 2 tablespoons of hot water, 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons olive (peach, burdock, and any other cosmetic oil) 2 teaspoons of sugar. Apply to scalp only. Cover with plastic cap and wool cap and leave on no less than 15 minutes or up to 1 hour before rinsing out. Be sure to coat your hair with oil (coconut, etc.) before applying as the mask can be drying to your hair

CodeRed

Thanks @CodeRed. I purchased it to use in this recipe that claims to give you growth boost, but again, I haven't used it yet. I might try incorporating it into my DC like you. Anyway, here's the recipe FYI:

Mustard Hair Mask
Apply for 1 month 1 time per week. Mix 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder (ground mustard) add 2 tablespoons of hot water, 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons olive (peach, burdock, and any other cosmetic oil) 2 teaspoons of sugar. Apply to scalp only. Cover with plastic cap and wool cap and leave on no less than 15 minutes or up to 1 hour before rinsing out. Be sure to coat your hair with oil (coconut, etc.) before applying as the mask can be drying to your hair

cynd

Thanks! I wish I had read that whole recipe before :lol: They weren't lying about it being drying. I'm doing a moisturizing treatment now because even though I added it to a conditioning mask with oil it's still drying. Did that the last time with only a teaspoon of powder and it was still pretty drying.

Also, I didn't know it was only supposed to go on the scalp...it's hard for me to apply stuff like that to only my scalp... I might try adding it to a butter (melting the butter, stirring in the powder then whipping it) so I can spread it on my scalp and then deep condition that way.

Thanks again for the info! Gave me some ideas :yep:

CodeRed

Moisturizing steaming experiment now with VO5 Raspberry Conditioner mixed with a heap of castor oil.

CodeRed

Steaming now with Eva NYC Mask mixed with hemp seed oil and hydrolyzed quinoa all over a vanilla mint chai tea rinse.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steamed with:
Mielle Organics Babbasu & Mint mixed with Jakeala's Tutti Fruitti Honey over a Rosemary Tea Rinse with Pure Cold Pressed Avocado Oil on Top