2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

faithVA

Shampooed, DCD and then mudwashed for an hour. I rinsed the mud and now steaming for 20 minutes. Going to see how steaming with no product works for me.

pattyr5

Steamed with oil mix for 30 minutes, then shampooed and steamed again for 30 minutes with Salerm Hi Repair. The DC was on my do not repurchase list but the steamer amped it up to ok.

faithVA

Steaming with no product worked better than steaming with conditioner. Next weekend I will try steaming before I deep condition.

lushlady

I'm in!

1. How often you will steam? At least once every two weeks.
2. What method are you using to steam? My steamer (lcl).
3. What products will you steam with? Whatever I feel my hair needs at the time. Usually a deep conditioner and oil.

I just steamed 2 days ago with SSI Banana brulee. I'll probably steam again on NYE, since I've already scheduled an at home beauty night.

Smiley79

I'm in. I have been getting steam treatments 3-4 times a month at a Natural hair salon nearby. They apply a minty moisture conditioner to my hair and place me under the steamer! My hair loves it. I plan to be regular with them from now on. Initially I was doing it weekly, but now I will do it every other week. Count me in.

1.Every 2 weeks
2. Steam dryer at salon (If I do it at home I will use the Towel/Microwave/Cap method)
3. Trader Joe's Tingle Mint Conditoner (I'm on the hunt for a new conditioner)

Misseyl

Thanks for the tag! I completely fell off the Steam wagon! First, I have a question. How can I steam with the Q Redew if you have a TWA? Thanks so much! I will attempt to steam daily. Won't it help with MHM? I'm going to do it with my bootleg water down KKKT.:lol: Hope it works!:blush:

I recently purchased a Q Redew - backordered. I already have a Hueitful steamer but I purchased the Q-Redew because I intend to use it to detangle and also to infuse moisture into my hair when I'm twisting/rolling etc. I have low porosity hair so I believe this will be beneficial when I'm applying my moisturizers.

Alta Angel

Happy New Year! I couldn't bring these grey roots into the new year so I applied henna overnight. I am steaming now for one hour with my Elucence Moisture Balance and olive oil. I will steam again tonight for an hour to really restore the moisture after the henna.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Steamed with silicon mix. Holding off until next Wednesday.
That will make 2 weeks between washing.

Last edited:

CodeRed

Hmm... I think I'm going to try this when I steam on the 1st/2nd.

Tried it today... I sat under the steamer with dry hair and it came out soft before I even washed it. I shampooed and deep conditioned after... I think I'm going to try it a few more times. It definitely saves time... it helped my scalp too.

faithVA

Washed and now steaming product free hair. Will apply conditioner after i finish and see how this works for me.

ETA: This does seem to work better for me. Going to try it out for the rest of January to be sure.

Last edited:

spacetygrss

I want to join this. I just ordered a steamer. It should be here next week.

1. How often you will steam? Weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? Professional steamer
3. What products will you steam with? DCs, clay masks

blackviolet

Steaming with Mission Condition Hair Candy mixed with Honey Marshmallow Deep Conditioner topped w/ Hemp oil

Last edited:

Desert Skye

I am having visitors all this week stay over but I am still getting my steam on. I am under the steamer right now with a mix of conditioners I did not like.

My visitors did ask what the steamer was when they saw it and when I explained they kinda gave me the :perplexed look but whatever :lachen:

melisandre

Steaming for 30 minutes with KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask and almond/jojoba/argan oil.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Nichelle_jb

Preparing to go back into Braids:

Steamed a pre-poo Hot oil treatment with coconut oil plus jojoba oil for 15 minutes. Washed hair followed by a medium protein treatment under a dryer. I followed up with another steam session for 30 minutes using Karen Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Mask plus Annabelle's Perfect Blend Infused Oil.

Nichelle_jb

Rozlewis

Steaming with Marie Dean Aloe and Hemp PROLESS, Porosity control, Olive Oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Eucalyptus over coffee.

SpiceUpMyHair

1. How often you will steam? Twice a week
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL beauty standing steamer
3. What products will you steam with? jessicurl, curl junkie, naturelle grow, blue roze beauty conditioners

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I assembled my LCL steamer last night. It was easy enough to do, but two legs were cracked. I figured it wasn't a huge deal and went ahead and steamed today.

The good news: I loved it. My hair felt great and looked so shiny.

The bad news: the waste water jar and the piece that attaches it to the bonnet came off together. I tried screwing it back in, but its as if the screw holes are stripped. Not good.

I gave LCL a call and they can send a new base. The rep wasn't sure what to do about the waste jar issue. If they don't have a small fix, she says she'll just send me new steamer.

Last edited: