Setting to Success 2015

Blairx0

Thinking about doing flat twist with rollers are on the end, but nervous about doing it on wet hair. Maybe stretched hair and then dampen it some?

toaster

Blairx0 that's how I do my hair every time I wash it. I rinse my DC, tshirt dry for 20 minutes, and then do 8 flat twists with satin rollers on the ends with my leave in and shea butter to seal. The key is to not use too much product. You should be dry after an hour under the dryer.

Blairx0

Blairx0 that's how I do my hair every time I wash it. I rinse my DC, tshirt dry for 20 minutes, and then do 8 flat twists with satin rollers on the ends with my leave in and shea butter to seal. The key is to not use too much product. You should be dry after an hour under the dryer.

Eta. I just read your post again...you clearly as already answered my question. I am going to try and post pictures. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Eboni801

Current hair length: APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Transitioning
Current Setting method and styling choices: flexis and curlformers
Current Setting products: setting lotion
Thing(s) you would like to work on/are hoping to achieve: getting to MBL!
How long do you plan to set?: once every 2 weeks
Post a beginning picture[/QUOTE]

image-3417443956.jpg

faithVA

I did a curlformer set on dry hair. It came out well even with having type 4 hair creme in. I didn't retain a lot in the back due to a lot of damage but its longer than the beginning of the year so I will take it.

IMG_20141221_184226.jpg

IMG_20141221_183434.jpg

IMG_20141221_183604.jpg

winona

I really need to start posting more again. I just cut off about 3inches of hair because I wasn't satisfied with the way my ends looked :O. So 2015 I'm looking to get my 3 inches back healthy and strong. I'm under the dryer with keratase oleo leavin and apb Ayurvedic oil. I wash elucence mb poo and dc with apb Ayurvedic mud mask. I will post pics of my hair tomorrow when I take out the rollers

ETA Photos I like to use smaller rollers because I can get root super straight

Attachments

• image-3000942953.jpg
    image-3000942953.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3178182358.jpg
    image-3178182358.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-336833229.jpg
    image-336833229.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-610988880.jpg
    image-610988880.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I did a curlformer set on dry hair. It came out well even with having type 4 hair creme in. I didn't retain a lot in the back due to a lot of damage but its longer than the beginning of the year so I will take it.

Wow this looks great faith. Your hair is growing beautifully. Your set came out so smooth.

winona

Current hair length: Scrapping BSL again:/ Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: natural Current Setting method and styling: French mesh rollers and braids (goddess/French) . Plan to braid with occasionally flat iron job. Current Setting products: Apb/keratase/Dudley PCA leave in. Flax seed gel/KeraCare/Nairobi roller foam for hold. Thing(s) you would like to work on/are hoping to achieve: I would like to maintain protein moisture balance and protect my ends How long do you plan to set?: FOREVA:)

ETA photo I had to pull my hair around to show length since this a fresh set.

Attachments

• image-1325037750.jpg
    image-1325037750.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

winona

What type of comb are y'all using to comb hair while rollersetting? I'm using a wide tooth pin tail comb but I'm wondering if that is why my ends were looking cray

faithVA

What type of comb are y'all using to comb hair while rollersetting? I'm using a wide tooth pin tail comb but I'm wondering if that is why my ends were looking cray

I use two combs but both on the smaller end. I use the first to remove any tangles and then use a rattail to smooth my ends.

naturalagain2

I'm 10 weeks post. I did a perm rod set yesterday.

I prepooed overnight night with Coconut Oil
Cowashed with SSI Blueberry Cowash Conditioner (let it sit for 15 mins under a cap before rinsing).
Then sprayed my hair with Aveda brilliant damage control spray, 2 pumps of SSI Coco Creme Leave in Conditioner and half pump of Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum (focusing on my ends mostly).

To set I used Keracare Setting Lotion diluted with water.

I didn't get to take a pic yesterday when I took them out but here is day 2...

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0617.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

faithVA

^^Very pretty curls and they really held up well for your 2nd day.

I need to get one of those nets :yep:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

winona For the last 2 months, I have put my comb down. I will only pull out the small tooth rat tail comb for my ends only if needed.

naturalagain2

faithVA Thanks! I didn't really think I needed the net until I went on and used it now I love it. It keeps your rollers in place instead of expanding out when you hair is drying.

girlonfire

Im baaaaaaack lol

Current length: past waist (essentially)
Natural
I use predominantly magnetic rollers but I've got flexi rods, perm rods and curl formers so I'll be dabbling

Current setting products: it's a 10 leave in, joico k-pak smoothing balm.

I would like to get my routine down to a science. I want to perfect it so that if I have no interruptions. I can get it done in 3 hrs 15 min max. I want to get to hip length which may be my final goal, we'll see. I would like to have more even, fuller hair.

I plan to set bi-weekly. I've learned my lesson about avoiding wash day. No no no. Last year I found some styles that I wanted to try so every now and then I'll be doing that. A wig or two, maybe some faux locs.

Starting pics

Yea my bathroom is a hot mess. Catch me in the that girl challenge trying to get it together.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141224_010132.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141224_010132.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 193
  • ForumRunner_20141224_010232.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141224_010232.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

winona

Used a wide tooth comb working my way to trying no comb:O. I'm not bold enough yet. My tension is on point but I need to try no comb when I have plenty of time to redo:) just in case. I barely have time for once a week and I can't look busted for an entire week.

ETA
I didn't shampoo. Hair was feeling too thirsty
DCed with redken all soft heavy cream. Detangled and cowashed with elucence moisture benefits conditioner
Rinse set with keratase oleo relax leave in, apb Ayurvedic cream and water
French mesh rollers, metal clips and covers
Will sit under dryer for 20-30mins and sleep in rollers (. I'm sure I'm a regret it but a girl is tired)

Attachments

• image-2174305695.jpg
    image-2174305695.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 125
  • image-867115080.jpg
    image-867115080.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited: