MHM Hangout

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Look up DanaBNatural on YouTube, she's reach MH and her hair is very similar to ours. Her hair in the beginning looks very similar to mine when I started. How long do you leave your clay on? Cattypus1 Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I looked her up. Based on her definition, I'm there. Now it's about keeping it there. Rock on!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Today I had it on about 45 minutes but usually I'll do an hour or so.

Next week I'll try doing it for an hour to see if I notice a difference. When I first started the mhm, I did it for a few hours but didn't see any real benefit.

I was able to salvage the clay and coconut milk mishap with the recommendation of a member. I don't know if she want to take credit or not so I'll let her raise her hand if she want to be acknowledged , (hint, hint raise your hand ;-).

I never took my clay mix from the fridge so I still had it. I took a few tbsp of the mix, added more clay (red), honey and water. It actually worked to lesson the effects of the coconut milk and my hair felt nice afterwards! I'm so glad because 1 cup is a lot..I'm glad I couldn't bring myself to trash it yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I couldn't resist. Went to target today and purchase the conditioner that y'all were talking about. That stuff smells amazing! ! I can't wait to try it in two weeks.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just now rinsed my hair of conditioner since applying it yesterday afternoon. My hair is really growing in nicely the way I want it to, I'm definitely seeing more clumped curls even tho I didn't use BS this time. I think I'll see better improvement on my next wash day on Tuesday because I plan to complete all steps, including the CLCT, using a real DC and leaving the clay on for an hour.

I'm so excited to see what the month of March will bring! Hat season will be pretty much over but here in Chicago you really won't know for sure when that'll be, Lol. As soon as we get some consistent 40-50 degree weather, I'm giving the hat a rest. I don't like them but my bald head forced me to wear them this year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

HopefulOne

Yassss!! Since discovering this method my hair has been growing like weeds. I'm also 4a/b. This reggie has helped me ALOT with retention & understanding my hair.

Keep saying it, this method is the key to retention. It is too bad that people don't understand that MHM will prevent breakage. My hair has always had total definition but the method has given me almost total retention.

kiannack

Just did a clay rinse with rhassoul mixed with a tea rinse(catnip and camomile) and rosewater then sealed with kccc. image-427017277.jpg

image-4068135697.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Keep saying it, this method is the key to retention. It is too bad that people don't understand that MHM will prevent breakage. My hair has always had total definition but the method has given me almost total retention.
Again, let the church say "Amen"!

HopefulOne

I got my sodium bentonite so I will try it out. I am going to leave it on overnight as usual so I hope that is not a problem. I am going to do it with whole milk. I will report back.

Lo Po 3c total definition

hairtimes5

aharri23 I was on Sweet Soul Magic's FB page and saw where you were going to get the Curl Stimulator gel. Have you gotten it yet? If so, do you like it? I know you were using the original UFD Curly Magic which is what Hello Curly was. I compared the ingredients of the Sweet Soul gel to Hello Curly and they appear to be different, but I saw where someone mentioned it and she said they were the same. Just wondering before I spend my money.

faithVA

Here's my curlformer set. It looks the same as the last time. I may apply diluted gel next time to see if it last longer.

IMG_20150222_161907.jpg

aharri23

@aharri23 I was on Sweet Soul Magic's FB page and saw where you were going to get the Curl Stimulator gel. Have you gotten it yet? If so, do you like it? I know you were using the original UFD Curly Magic which is what Hello Curly was. I compared the ingredients of the Sweet Soul gel to Hello Curly and they appear to be different, but I saw where someone mentioned it and she said they were the same. Just wondering before I spend my money.

Yep I got the sweet soul magic last week and I also have the UFD curly magic. They both give a similar result but the SSM has a different fragrance. At first I didn't like it but it's starting to grow on me. I'll probably purchase SSM from now on unless it's out of stock then I have a back up UFD. I used KCCC today after a break and my wash and go turned out blah, back to SSM..

discodumpling

Hey Ladies Happy Monday!

A few MHM observations to start your week. Hope they help somebody!

1. No leave in. Sure you could do it...i've had excellent results using GEL ONLY. BUT I paid for it after doing it 3 times with a dry flaky scalp and mild breakage. I'm clear on the need and purpose of a leave in for MY hair now.

2. No clay. Just because I don't have clay doesn't mean I stop the MHM process! ayurvedic powders like Amla, Brhami, Mehandi also provide clay like results ie curl elongation and definition...not as well as rhassoul or bentonite but it gets the job done in a pinch.

3. Protein sensitive ladies: no need to add stuff to your clay...distilled water is probably your best bet and yields the best results.

I'll be GHEing alot this week...I never get tired of winter, but I am worn out. My hair can't take much more of this cold, wind , snow, slush, sleet, snain, yuck!

fluffyforever

I need to get back in this pronto.

Do ya'll know that although I only did the full routine 3 total times in September and partially about 2 times in that same month that my definition stayed in my hair up until now?

That's right. The little definition and length I got 5 months ago is still very visible. Doing that only 3 times really changed my hair. It's only now getting really frizzy again. The only thing I've done since then was wash my hair like I normally did before MHM except I continued to avoid glycerin and used TJTT instead of my usual AO conditioners.

I'm going to target tomorrow and will pick up the undone conditioner since I could never find that other Tresseme one.

hairtimes5

Hey Ladies Happy Monday!

A few MHM observations to start your week. Hope they help somebody!

1. No leave in. Sure you could do it...i've had excellent results using GEL ONLY. BUT I paid for it after doing it 3 times with a dry flaky scalp and mild breakage. I'm clear on the need and purpose of a leave in for MY hair now.

2. No clay. Just because I don't have clay doesn't mean I stop the MHM process! ayurvedic powders like Amla, Brhami, Mehandi also provide clay like results ie curl elongation and definition...not as well as rhassoul or bentonite but it gets the job done in a pinch.

3. Protein sensitive ladies: no need to add stuff to your clay...distilled water is probably your best bet and yields the best results.

I'll be GHEing alot this week...I never get tired of winter, but I am worn out. My hair can't take much more of this cold, wind , snow, slush, sleet, snain, yuck!

I didn't use a leave in this morning when I did my wng. This will be my second time, the first went well but I will keep my eye out for the things you mentioned. One thing I did differently this morning was add a layer of JC nourish and shine under my gel. Even though I don't have to leave out much during the day, the heat in my house is a killer. I feel like I can literally feel the heat drying out my hair sometimes so thought I'd try this.

hairtimes5

Yep I got the sweet soul magic last week and I also have the UFD curly magic. They both give a similar result but the SSM has a different fragrance. At first I didn't like it but it's starting to grow on me. I'll probably purchase SSM from now on unless it's out of stock then I have a back up UFD. I used KCCC today after a break and my wash and go turned out blah, back to SSM..

Ok thanks. I'm going to try it when my Hello Curly runs out. I have a little over half a bottle so I'm good for another month or two.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Ok ladies so I've tried the Tresemme perfectly undone conditioner and it's a winner :grin:. Like the others have said it smells good, has great slip, leaves your hair super soft, and it's cheap. I cowashed with it and my hair felt really soft after rinsing :yep:.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't use a leave in this morning when I did my wng. This will be my second time, the first went well but I will keep my eye out for the things you mentioned. One thing I did differently this morning was add a layer of JC nourish and shine under my gel. Even though I don't have to leave out much during the day, the heat in my house is a killer. I feel like I can literally feel the heat drying out my hair sometimes so thought I'd try this.

I didn't use a leavein a couple of times. At first it wasn't too bad, but when i tried a second time my hair was super dry. I didn't get any breakage because i was wearing a wig but if i had wore my hair out im positive that i would have experienced breakage. For my hair i think its ok for me not to use a leavein a couple of times, but i shouldn't do it habitually.