Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Honestly shea butter as a sealant on wet/dry hair has transformed my hair. I've never had trouble keeping moisturized hair because I always wore buns. Once I started wearing twistouts the shea butter keeps my hair moist and protected from the hair. Use it every night.

Same here! :yep: My hair feels softer and more flexible. I like wearing my hair in mainly braidouts, so the shea butter mixed with oils has come in handy.

imaginary

Just made more of my shea butter mix with castor oil and olive oil. Decided to add a bit of beeswax to a portion of it to make a pomade for my ends. Hopefully this'll help with these SSKs that are the bane of my existence...

mayoo

Poohbear
Loll :lol: thank-you
Yeah, I've always worn braids, braid-outs, twists and twist-outs but lately I've decided to stick to braid-outs since my hair loves to be stretched out. I only wear my braid-outs out once in a while and usually keep my braid-out in a braided ponytail during the day.
I actually used to re-braid my hair each night spritzing it with my water/leave-in mix and adding some kind of oil.
But I realised that when I would wear it out in the day, it would lose definition and tangle by the afternoon :cry: which meant I would lose a lot of hair each night from re-braiding :nono:
These days, I still re-braid at night but because I seal my hair with shea butter on wash days (every 2-3 weeks), I don't need to apply moisture to the whole of my head every-day. Every night, I only spritz the last three inches or so before re-braiding and it's working really well for me because this way I get moisture AND definition :yay:
Here's a pic of the same braid-out at 7 days old:

Attachments

• DSC_0176.jpg
    DSC_0176.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 88

imaginary

Washed my hair yesterday and DC'd with shea butter again, and then used the SM restorative conditioner from the raw shea butter line, shea butter and my organix serum as my leave-ins.

My hair feels really lovely. I guess my hair needed a thicker leave-in than the SM JBCO one.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Just finished twising my hair. I used a cocktail to twist on clean damp hair:
SheaMoisture Three Butters Utility Gel-Mousse
Eden BodyWorks Coconut-Shea All Natural Curl Defining Cream
Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Then I used El Shaddai shea butter (vanilla scent) on the last 4 inches.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

Solila

Bump.....

I've been bunned for some weeks now on Shea and caster. I swear I love this stuff. I've been using Madina's Orange Sweet Vanilla solid lotion on my skin.... and ughghghg, I cannot get enough. Smells so yummy.

Leo24Rule

Hello everyone! As of Valentine's Day, I'm now an engaged woman *smiles & blushes*

As for my hair, I just washed it late Friday night after work and wigged it all weekend while my hair was using the GHE method underneath.

I've been M.I.A lately on this thread and just want to report that over the weekend I went back to implementing Shea Butter to seal my hair. I think I just may make a conditioner/deep conditioner out of Shea Butter as well.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Are any of you doing the LOC Method? If so, for those of you incorporating oils in the Shea Butter there's no need to apply an oil and the Cream/Butter, right? Just a Liquid and skip to the Cream/Butter, right?

imaginary

Hello everyone! As of Valentine's Day, I'm now an engaged woman *smiles & blushes*

Congrats! That's so lovely:grin:

Are any of you doing the LOC Method? If so, for those of you incorporating oils in the Shea Butter there's no need to apply an oil and the Cream/Butter, right? Just a Liquid and skip to the Cream/Butter, right?

I think it depends on what your hair needs. After I've washed my hair I need to put in the whole shebang; water, oil/serum, creamy leave-in and my shea butter mix. But during the week when I moisturise I only spritz with water and seal with my shea butter mix.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Poohbear
Loll :lol: thank-you
Yeah, I've always worn braids, braid-outs, twists and twist-outs but lately I've decided to stick to braid-outs since my hair loves to be stretched out. I only wear my braid-outs out once in a while and usually keep my braid-out in a braided ponytail during the day.
I actually used to re-braid my hair each night spritzing it with my water/leave-in mix and adding some kind of oil.
But I realised that when I would wear it out in the day, it would lose definition and tangle by the afternoon :cry: which meant I would lose a lot of hair each night from re-braiding :nono:
These days, I still re-braid at night but because I seal my hair with shea butter on wash days (every 2-3 weeks), I don't need to apply moisture to the whole of my head every-day. Every night, I only spritz the last three inches or so before re-braiding and it's working really well for me because this way I get moisture AND definition :yay:
Here's a pic of the same braid-out at 7 days old:

:drool: :thud:
Ok. Back to :lurking:

Pennefeather

I'm still using Shea Moisture JBC leave in. I switched for couple of data days to APB pudding, but it just doesn't work for my hair - my hair doesn't feel moist, and it doesn't provide slip. A little Naturelle Growth pumpkin butter on my ends at night before bedtime. I'm going to create my own shea butter combo once this pumpkin butter is gone.

imaginary

I had to switch back to the SM restorative conditioner, noticed that the JBCO leave-in wasn't giving me long lasting moisture like the restorative. And it's too thin. I still use it to moisturise my twists if I feel they need more than just water and shea butter.

It's weird, but my fine hair prefers thick and creamy leave-ins.

niknakmac

Doing a mega deep condition right now with SM JBCO and my shea butter mix. After a weekend of skiing and playing in the snow my hair is bone dry. I should have put a silk hair tie under my hat. after my deep condition i will twist up with my homemade whipped shea mix.

I feel like I haven't seen any growth since Christmas. I hope that's not true and it just looks that way because my twists roll up on themselves.

Leo24Rule

Sunday I bought for the first time from the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Deep Conditioner Mask. There's nothing in my bathroom cabinet that has something to slick down my flyaways, but this morning I just applied pure Shea Butter and it did the trick.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Used El Shaddai Shea Butter vanilla scent on ends of my twists.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Shea butter is a staple for my hair. It has to be the right consistency though; it can't be too diluted with other oils/butters.

Right now I'm using Belle Butters Unyevu, but I'm going to have to discontinue use because the scent is bothersome (for me) after applying it to my hair.

I just ordered some unrefined shea butter online, and I'm gonna use it to make my own mix with some various carrier oils.

toaster

I'm still using shea butter daily! My hair is growing and thriving and I'm really glad I added shea butter to my regimen.