Slow growers unite 2014

fatimablush

mine is slow growing...always has been

ever since my chemo ended in april of this year...my hair is still 1/2 short at the top and 1 inch in the back...slow growing...as always... this has been the slowest. i would average 1/2 every other month. now i don't know what's going on.

faithVA

mine is slow growing...always has been

ever since my chemo ended in april of this year...my hair is still 1/2 short at the top and 1 inch in the back...slow growing...as always... this has been the slowest. i would average 1/2 every other month. now i don't know what's going on.

Congratulations on finishing chemo. I hope all is well. It can take quite some time for all of the chemo drugs to leave your system. Hopefully things will be back on track soon.

Babygrowth

Right now I'm alternating Megatek and my Liquid gold sulfur oil. I can finally see growth and love the feeling of hair on my shoulders. I have never experienced this with my own hair. I keep falling off of inversion. I think I need to do it earlier in the day instead of before bed. It works for me. Next year I'm trying MN mixed in my green magic cream. I don't like my Njoy vitamins the taste and smell makes me gag. I hope I can finish this bottle. May go back to Manetabolism not sure yet.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Right now I'm alternating Megatek and my Liquid gold sulfur oil. I can finally see growth and love the feeling of hair on my shoulders. I have never experienced this with my own hair. I keep falling off of inversion. I think I need to do it earlier in the day instead of before bed. It works for me. Next year I'm trying MN mixed in my green magic cream. I don't like my Njoy vitamins the taste and smell makes me gag. I hope I can finish this bottle. May go back to Manetabolism not sure yet.

Babygrowth I'm doing the same thing with Megatek and NJoy oil.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
HairPleezeGrow you had great retention this year!!

I feel kinda lazy to do a lc this year. :look: I haven't done a real one since July. And we know as slow growers, 5 and 6 months can mean about 1 to 1.5 inches if I retained everything. :rolleyes:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
HairPleezeGrow you had great retention this year!!

I feel kinda lazy to do a lc this year. :look: I haven't done a real one since July. And we know as slow growers, 5 and 6 months can mean about 1 to 1.5 inches if I retained everything. :rolleyes:

I know you weren't talking to me but I thought just this today. Wth point is there to do a lc when nothing dramatic happens? I think i kept 2" this whole year. Being fine haired on top like hpg said means frequent trimming too so progress is...well... sad :nono:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I know you weren't talking to me but I thought just this today. Wth point is there to do a lc when nothing dramatic happens? I think i kept 2" this whole year. Being fine haired on top like hpg said means frequent trimming too so progress is...well... sad :nono:

Girl I know! :lol: DarkJoy we might as well just do it once a year. It really is pointless. I think last year I retained 4 inches and that is with a bunch of "assistance" (sulfur and other bandwagons). I haven't retained nearly as much as I did last year. Probably two inches as well. :nono: I'm fine haired too.

faithVA

^^I agree. I haven't done any length checks this year. I will take pics at the end of the year but won't be measuring at all. Just going to compare starting pic with ending pic.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This year really flew by. I learned a lot about my hair and I figured out a simple regimen that works. Now I just need to find my Holy Grail Dc. I need something with moisture and protein that detangles my hair. Any suggestions?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This year really flew by. I learned a lot about my hair and I figured out a simple regimen that works. Now I just need to find my Holy Grail Dc. I need something with moisture and protein that detangles my hair. Any suggestions?

Look into HQ dcs. They are pretty amazing.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks sis! The ingredients look amazing on the Go Deep Intense Moisture Dc. Unfortunately the site is closed until after New Year's due to an overflow of Xmas orders... I can't wait to try it out :yep:

Smiley79

I'm the queen of slow growing hair but I have to credit myself that this second time around being journey I have learned patience and not to compare my progress to others...I focus more on learning my hair and addressing the issues that I have with my hair...this helps the time to fly and I don't focus on the length as much anymore. For example, now my main concern with my hair is definition and moisture so I don't even worry about growth because I know it will come along eventually. :)

snoop

I'm the queen of slow growing hair but I have to credit myself that this second time around being journey I have learned patience and not to compare my progress to others...I focus more on learning my hair and addressing the issues that I have with my hair...this helps the time to fly and I don't focus on the length as much anymore. For example, now my main concern with my hair is definition and moisture so I don't even worry about growth because I know it will come along eventually. :)

It's funny that you mention that because I've been less focused on length and more on health as well. I feel like this year I've come even closer to finding the right combination of products for my hair.

missyrayne19

So these are my LC pics comparing last year to my latest TU a few days ago. I gained some length but I would have to say it's more health and thickness that I received. My length may not be where I want it to be but, honestly, that's okay. I've accepted that I'm a slow grower so this doesn't really bother me. Health before length anyway, right?

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 59

faithVA

We should keep this thread going.

I'm noticing a little growth each time I retwist my hair. I'm happy about that because it means it's getting easier and faster to style my hair.

For now I've found that styling my hair the exact same way for a month or two at a time helps me keep my sanity.

What's going on with every one else?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still keeping my hair stretched at all times. I get my hair done at the salon about once a month and each time I see a little more growth. I got a good growth spurt after my trim in October.

I won't be doing another major trim again until June. Until then I will do monthly search and destroys.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
We should keep this thread going.

I'm noticing a little growth each time I retwist my hair. I'm happy about that because it means it's getting easier and faster to style my hair.

For now I've found that styling my hair the exact same way for a month or two at a time helps me keep my sanity.

What's going on with every one else?

Really got serious about my vitamins and adding just one more. Also trying that green magic as a topical growth aid. Idk if its working but my hair sure feels nice

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Since I am not using permanent hair color this year it'll be harder to track my growth. I will use measuring tape for now. Once I get a length check shirt I can track my growth that way.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm alternating Green Magic or NJoy oil with MN every other day. Protein intake has increased via protein shakes, my multi vitamin w/iron, using diatomaceous Earth for silica, been doing protein treatments every two weeks, keeping my hair in twists for two weeks rather than taking down each week, moisturizing/sealing my twists, and wearing wigs every. If all this doesn't help me retain, then I don't know...

I will monitor my hair to see if the protein treatments are doing any good, or should I cut down to once a month. So far, it's been about a month and I haven't seen any ill effects.

What is everyone up to?

ronie

I started the year washing my every 2 weeks, but my scalp is not having that AT ALL. I am back to once a week. I also started drying my hair as opposed to air drying. I don't know, but I feel my high porosity hair is not liking too much water exposure. I started taking phytophanere hair vitamins. I added sundown a garlic pills to combat shedding.
I try to stick to my staple products ( APB, silk dreams and PBN). I am cowashing/co cleansing more. For 2 years I was bent on shampooing (sulfate) weekly. I decided to only shampoo monthly.
Now that my hair is longer, I bun instead of wearing my hair out. I only wear it out on date nights with hubby. I mostly put it in a ponytail, braid the hair and use a pin to tuck the ends in.
So far so good. No major shedding due to the vitamins, I feel like my hair is a bit longer than it was in December when I flat ironed although I didn't measure. My bun is looking and feeling fuller every week.
Last but not least: as part of a weight loss regimen I have been drinking half my weight in water daily ( 80 oz). I ve lost 10 lbs since I started (now 150lbs) but I still drink the same amount of water. I have also been juicing daily using fresh fruits, vegetables and protein powder. I have not had a bottle of soda in 6 weeks. I used to drink 2-3 bottles of sprite or coke a day.
This year is the year of truth for me. I want to be BSL grazing MBL by year end and 130lbs by July.
I want another baby, and I cannot afford it with my current body, loll.

Babygrowth

So I've started drinking protein shakes daily and Naked Green Machine smoothie along with a bottle of water every morning. I love the energy it gives me. I'm working out daily like yoga or yoga and something else to keep my body loose and mind calm. Hopefully all this helps hair growth. She's doing good tho. Loves Megatek and sulfur mixed but later in the year I will try MN sulfur mix.

Evolving78

So I've started drinking protein shakes daily and Naked Green Machine smoothie along with a bottle of water every morning. I love the energy it gives me. I'm working out daily like yoga or yoga and something else to keep my body loose and mind calm. Hopefully all this helps hair growth. She's doing good tho. Loves Megatek and sulfur mixed but later in the year I will try MN sulfur mix.
I've been drinking carrot juice.

ronie

Girl, I tried it and almost died! I love to eat them but drinking them :nono: lol!
Babygrowth
Lollll. You tell no lie about that carrot juice. I love raw or cooked carrots. I eat the baby carrots straight from the bag as snacks. That juice though just tastes plain nasty, lollll. I stopped drinking the naked green juice because it is full of sugar. That was not helping my weight loss, so that's why I started making my own green smoothies.

Babygrowth

Babygrowth
Lollll. You tell no lie about that carrot juice. I love raw or cooked carrots. I eat the baby carrots straight from the bag as snacks. That juice though just tastes plain nasty, lollll. I stopped drinking the naked green juice because it is full of sugar. That was not helping my weight loss, so that's why I started making my own green smoothies.

Lol girl :nono: and you're right about the green juice. I just love it sooo much! When I get a nutribullet I will try to let them go!

Evolving78

Girl, I tried it and almost died! I love to eat them but drinking them :nono: lol!
I like the one by Bolthouse. It's 100% with nothing added. It actually taste pretty good. Other brands were not good. I eat baby carrots with hummus too. I eat those daily. I ran out of protein powder, but I have been drink a protein drink from Bolthouse, but I think the powder is more economical. I am starting to eat fish three times a week too.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm getting my hair done today :yay: My growth has sped up quite a bit from daily scalp massages and mn 3 times a week. I do a search and destroy once a month and I will dust my own hair every 3 months.

ronie

I'm getting my hair done today :yay: My growth has sped up quite a bit from daily scalp massages and mn 3 times a week. I do a search and destroy once a month and I will dust my own hair every 3 months.

Cant wait to see your blowout tonight.