2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My twistout was a fail so I'm rocking a wavy side pony today. Can u tell I'm an 80s baby? :lol:

Attachments

• 20150122_093752.jpg
    20150122_093752.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally did my set. Feeling a little better today. I didn't use any creams or gels as I wasn't doing a set to wear out as a style. My hair is going bavk in protective style mode. Just wanted to get a length check. Anyway I'm a very slow grower. The last lc was taken October 19th and I've done two 1/4inch dustings since then. This should give you an idea of my growth as its been 3 months. I invert and use NJoy oil almost nightly (at least 3-6 times per week I oil). Here's products I used and flexirods I used and my hair before rodding, after and takedown. Again first lc pic taken in October.

View attachment 294505

View attachment 294507

View attachment 294509

View attachment 294511

View attachment 294513

View attachment 294515

View attachment 294517

View attachment 294519

View attachment 294521

IslandMummy

Meet Tammi, much cheaper and a heck of a lot nicer than that hot mess from AliExpress

Attachments

• image-3261197753.jpg
    image-3261197753.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1298271248.jpg
    image-1298271248.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2643772736.jpg
    image-2643772736.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 58

4EverDetermined

1. SL
2. Texlaxed
3. APL by June
Full APL or close to BSL by December
(Its been taking me forever to get to APL. Hopefully I'm close enough to reach it this year and move onto other goals)
4. New Reggie: Plaits under glueless lacefronts, M/S everyday, pre-poo shampoo
+ d/c 1x/month, hot oil treatment + cowash and d/c 1-2x/week. Aphogee green tea protein treatment 1x/week.
5. New reggie + protective styling and keeping up with my protein/moisture balance

Attachments

• IMG_20150115_024513-1.jpg
    IMG_20150115_024513-1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

youwillrise

decided to try this whole inversion thing again. i didnt make it the whole week the first time i tried. heck, i think i only did it 2 days lol. gonna try to do it all week this time around.

did 2 nights so far...if i can do it tomorrow, ive already bested myself haha

i tried a new conditioner ... onesta hydrating conditioner. seems pretty okay. i liked the way it felt going on and after rinsing i will give it more time before deciding if i like it.

a few days until im on day 14 of these twists. been a while since ive had twists in this long.

gvin89

Prepoo'd with aohsr & coconut oil. Washing with jc moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I plan to put chunky twists in. It's raining and cold....wish I could go to bed.

GGsKin

decided to try this whole inversion thing again. i didnt make it the whole week the first time i tried. heck, i think i only did it 2 days lol. gonna try to do it all week this time around.

i tried a new conditioner ... onesta hydrating conditioner. seems pretty okay. i liked the way it felt going on and after rinsing i will give it more time before deciding if i like it.

a few days until im on day 14 of these twists. been a while since ive had twists in this long.

I tried inversion before for a couple of days but got lazy. Since Sunday, I've done it every night after a thorough head massage and as the week has gone on, it's seems to be less and less of a hassle. It actually feels good :spinning:

Babygrowth

I always get 2 or 3 nights done then fall off. I end up doing like 2 days every week because I forget!

youwillrise

ive done 4 days of the inversion so far. im almost done. my skeptical self says it's not gonna work for me. my other self says "dont put that energy into the universe" hahaha.

eh. we'll see. it's not really a huge deal if it doesnt work for me, but i really...really hope it does

traceedeebee

Okay guys I just couldn't do the dark hair so I colored it. Heres a pic of the hair this morning very dark and the rest I'm sure you can tell it's been colored lol...oh and I'm loving wigging it so much! I get to play around with the extensions and do things I would not do to my natural hair if I still wanted to keep it. It's so much easier to put on my wig and go. My hands are out of my head so even better. Only oil my scalp at night and dont touch my head until wash day.

View attachment 293433

View attachment 293435

View attachment 293437

View attachment 293439

View attachment 293441
Beautiful! You make it look so easy. Both colors suit you.

gvin89

I moisturized my hair and put it in a bun with 2 flat twists in front. I tied it up before taking a picture so I'll snap one in the morning.

I did something different last wash session....finger detangled. I only used a rattail to part. I didn't lose a lot of hair. It actually forced me to take my time.

GGsKin

I know this is a length challenge but I also want to have healthy ends so I started doing a thorough dusting last night. I ended up trimming curl by curl (took me about three hours with my determined but tired self).

I have a problem patch that is coming along nicely so I'm thinking my whole head is growing.:grin:

I plait it up in prep for my wig today. I will up my MHM routine this week so my hair will be out and free.

traceedeebee

Crochet Braid status: The Glance Model hair I bought would not keep a knot. I tried it several ways and as I was working on a different one I could see the others loosening up. I'm not putting nail glue on the hair so I took them out. My hair is still braided. If I can find the freetress brand, then I'll try again. If not, I'll have to do something else for the week. There is a beauty supply store close to my job. I heard they carry freetress, but it goes quickly. I'm hoping they have what I need. I'm working out 6 days now, and I can't mess that up.

youwillrise

decided to...neaten my twists after all. i didnt completely re-do my whole head. it looks much better now. maybe this will be good to do every 2 weeks.

traceedeebee

I found it!!! Unfortunately, I removed my braids. I didn't think that I would find the brand so I thought I better stay safe and do something else with my hair. I ended up up going to two stores. The one near my job had the freetress but not the exact hair or color that I wanted. On my way home, I decided to go to a beauty supply that I haven't been to in years, and they had it in the right color, too. I bought freetress go go curl. I'm happy now. I bought an extra pack just in case I mess up.

Now I'm going to enjoy some tilapia and kale chips. Too lazy to cook veggies.

gvin89

Getting kinky twists installed right now...plan to keep them in through the end of March. My hair usually does very well in braids so I'm hoping for some growth.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

I've been M.I.A for the last couple weeks, but I will say that I've been massaging my scalp daily, oiling my scalp every other day, oiling my hair shafts/and grease my ends every other day.
The only thing is I was wigging it for a week and a half and just Thursday night I noticed thinning in my widow's peak area from my lace front. So since then I have been doing another protective style.

Trixie58

Here's my official length check. The top 2 pics are from January and the bottom 2 today. I'm going to braif my hair back down and continue to wig it. I guess this can be my official pic for the start of this challenge for January as well.

Looking good. Beautiful waves.