Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

JJamiah

Washed my hair today. Used Wen Fig, Did a treatment with DRC, and steamed with Alter Ego/Proclaim Hydrating masque. This was so needed.
I braided my own hair into a beehive :)

I popped on Funky Chic wig :) ahhhhh, I am such a low Maintenance girl LOL
Thinking about leaving this in for 3 weeks.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I don't know if I'll make it to HL by thy end of the year. Right now I'm still at WL due to trimming. I'm not doing anymore trims this year, so we'll see. I should at least be close. Is there going to be a TBL 2012 challenge?

Sent from my HTC Evo

FoxxyLocs, didn't I see you mention somewhere that you're starting a TBL 2012 thread? Hmmmm??? :lick:

BostonMaria

Soooooo.......

for the ladies that are still in this challenge, are we still going to do a "reveal" at the end of the month? I am going to do that and then probably cut off an inch of hair in January. My ends are terribly dry and needs a trim, but I wanted to check my length first to see if I ever made hip length by Dec 31st.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'l be posting too. Not looking forward to the time it takes to flat iron. But it aways feels great after I do.

Can't wait for the show to begin. :lick:

Still 2011 lol.

I won't be making hip length but I have a small update. I cut my hair at the end of May from about hip to mbl because it was so, so damaged. I am back at waist again, I'm happy to say and my hair is much thicker due to the fact that I've been rollersetting for months now. I gave up flat ironing the full length of my hair, it was too annoying and much too damaging. I hope to make hip length by March of 2012 or so and I think it's possible now :D.

This was early June or late May:

This was earlier tonight (Excuse my fatness, I'm retaining water right now and my waist fat dents look especially offensive :nono:, sorry. 'Scuse that dirty mirror too, my husband gets it spattered with toothpaste or water every single day lol.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :D. I'm slightly in awe of the progress I made. I know it's mostly due to putting down the flat iron and picking up the rollers. I do still flat iron but I stick with only the first few inches of hair so there's far less damage and I'm not going over and over already heat damaged areas. I am soooo regretting all the years of flat ironing :(, just 2 or 3 months of rollersets and the change has been so dramatic that I would probably be butt length if I'd quit the iron years ago. Can't wait to reach my next goal which is hip length and I want to thicken up my ends some more.

Lucia

SerenavanderWoodsen
Wow great progress congratz :woot:
I think your grazing HL in the center back definitely your FULL waistlength
What's your regimen. You can't drop pics like that and leave us wih no Reggie :lol:
TIA

Last edited:
@SerenavanderWoodsen
Wow great progress congratz :woot:
I think your grazing HL in the center back definitely your FULL waistlength
What's your regimen. You can't drop pics like that and leave us wih no Reggie :lol:
TIA
Yay!! :D

My regimen is a fail. Up until a few months ago I was flat ironing once or twice a week. I don't really deep conditioner anymore either. I am very protective with my hair as far as wearing a silk scarf and keeping friction to a minimum but I've been abusing my hair so badly with heat for years.
All I've changed is that I've been rollersetting and it's a MUCH gentler styling process than flat ironing. I think this will be what saves my hair.
I would venture to say that my hair grows rapidly but that I never maintained a healthy length because of the constant abuse with heat. Now I feel like I can take advantage of the fast growth :D.
I do take a multivitamin which I've been doing since childhood. I barely take it anymore lately but I do think it's probably helpful.

BostonMaria

I did a length check today and I'm ALMOST there. How frustrating. I didn't take good care of my hair this year and I didn't retain much length.

I am less than a half inch away from hip length. I'll probably get there by February. Then its snip snip because my hair needs a cut big time.

Well I definitely didn't make hip-length last month. I went on an unannounced hair hiatus for awhile. Life just sweeps you away sometimes. I've missed you all!!!

Here's where I'm at now after my recent trim:

Attachments

• IMAG1492.jpg
    IMAG1492.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 46