Pictures of beautiful gray hair

danysedai

My mom's hair in a banana clip

the two of us, look at my white streak

and one of me with my white streak that I now covered but thinking of uncovering again,sorry for the picture of me hamming it up for the camera,I hate taking pictures. The grays go to the ends of my hair but it takes a loong time for the black dye to go away, but that is my hair almost all over (I'm 38)

Chevelure618

Mine has come in in a beautiful, one spot streak....kinda reminds me of Mortisha on the Adams Family if I let it go without dying it. I love it. It is not grey.....it is WHITE! I get a lot of compliments

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!

I had a skunk stripe before I shaved my head but for some reason it never fully grew back. I miss it. If anyone knows how to make your hair gray again please speak up. I started to eat healthy after going bald but I don't know what I ate before that was making it gray or if it was just stress.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
danysedai
your hair and your mom's hair is simply beautiful. I'm in awe.
This thread is helping me in this journey.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Danysedai - you and your mother are both beautiful!!! :)
I love the picture of both of you in the mall!

It's funny how they reported this very morning that Danish researchers are going to appeal for a ban of all at home hair colors, since they are apparently that poisonous. :nono:

So ladies, please use all natural colors or go to a professional. (I should take that advice myself!)

RZILYNT

Trying to upload a picture of my gray hair. My hairline is just about all silver.
Cancun Stair case.jpg

Last edited:

RZILYNT

Awe, Thanks. My hubby and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Cancun this past May. Stair case pose compliments of the Hilton...LOL.

RZ~

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Wow!! RZILYNT you look gorgeous! What a beautiful dress too.
You must have wowed your DH when you came down those stairs. :grin:

I love the "silver lining" in your hair.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I will so be letting my gray grow in. I have had a few gray hairs ever since I was a little girl. That's one reason I stopped using cassia and will probably never use henna.

SBB has some beautiful hair, here's her blog:

http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/

She also did an interview on my blog about transitioning to gray hair, I'll look up the link later.

kandiekj100

I have a grey streak in the front center of my head. I'm thirty now, but it slowly started formin when I was in middle school. I had a full streak in college. I don't dye it, at least not intentionally to cover the grey. I will dye my hair a brownish reddisch color sometimes and the front will always end up extremely lighter and brighter than the rest of my hair. I always just let it grow back out. My dad's side of the family greys early. So far the grey has not spread to the rest of my head, but when it does, I think I will just let it. I don't really like the idea of letting a whole head of grey grow in. But knowing me, if I decide to cover it, I would just chop it off and start fresh when I was ready to go grey.

Here is a picture of early morning hair. One of the few pictures I could find, that was head on and close enough to see the streak, yet didn't showcase my semi- crossed-eyes.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 157

AwesomelyNappy

i love this thread. i was born with grays, am always noticing new grays in my hair and am not even 30 yet. i know that they will be a huge part of my life soon, but i've always loved them and had always said that i'd embrace them to the fullest when they start to really come in later in life. i even get mad at my grandmother for dying her hair. i think gray hair is beautiful.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I will so be letting my gray grow in. I have had a few gray hairs ever since I was a little girl. That's one reason I stopped using cassia and will probably never use henna.

SBB has some beautiful hair, here's her blog:

http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/

She also did an interview on my blog about transitioning to gray hair, I'll look up the link later.

Thanks KCcurly, I love her hair too!! I'd love the link to how she transitioned. :)

I have a grey streak in the front center of my head. I'm thirty now, but it slowly started formin when I was in middle school. I had a full streak in college. I don't dye it, at least not intentionally to cover the grey. I will dye my hair a brownish reddisch color sometimes and the front will always end up extremely lighter and brighter than the rest of my hair. I always just let it grow back out. My dad's side of the family greys early. So far the grey has not spread to the rest of my head, but when it does, I think I will just let it. I don't really like the idea of letting a whole head of grey grow in. But knowing me, if I decide to cover it, I would just chop it off and start fresh when I was ready to go grey.

Here is a picture of early morning hair. One of the few pictures I could find, that was head on and close enough to see the streak, yet didn't showcase my semi- crossed-eyes.

I love that gray streak!! :) Don't color it!

Ltown

Greyland
Beautiful ladies! My Mom 68 refuse to go gray, so I can't go gray before her, I need to send these picture to her.

prettybyrd

Toni Morrison:

ah...as Lucille Clifton would have described her hair, locks "the color of rain". I love Toni Morrison's hair! And speaking of her, here she is:

Lucille Clifton

Mine has come in in a beautiful, one spot streak....kinda reminds me of Mortisha on the Adams Family if I let it go without dying it. I love it. It is not grey.....it is WHITE! I get a lot of compliments

All the "gray" hairs I have are actually white too! I am eager to see them in a few years, because my hair is graying at the front first - which is exactly what I wanted! :)

Also - you all in the Fab40+ look amazing!!!! There isn't one of you that looks 40+ Gray or no!! You ladies are lovely!!! I'm just 32 and trying to be all up in your club! :)

Last edited:

rockstar

I was trying to add a picture of a beautiful woman, Bishop Millicent Hunter. Her hair is 100% gray and it's just beautiful.

When I saw this thread she was the first person that popped into my head. Whenever I see her preach, I can't help staring at her hair.