YT salon horror sotry

Aireen

I just saw this and was gonna post. I cringed when she said that her scalp was like one big open sore and hurt to be touched or washed. Her hair basically stuck to her scalp... :perplexed

BraunSugar

See, this is why I am an advocate of people learning to do their own hair. While I don't relax anymore, I do color my hair, and I do not trust anyone to do it but me. If I mess up my own hair then it's just my fault. I make sure to research and learn what I need to so that I can do the best possible job. There are professionals that know what they are doing, but there are a lot of other people who only care about getting paid and nothing about the health of your hair and scalp.

Kindheart

And she still relaxes her hair ? Wow ..i would have stopped there .Up to her ears her hair looks full and healthy but seems rather damaged below that point .

BostonMaria

And she still relaxes her hair ? Wow ..i would have stopped there .Up to her ears her hair looks full and healthy but seems rather damaged below that point .

I wouldn't have relaxed again either, but I guess that's her preference.

Stories like this is the reason why I haven't relaxed in 6 years. No thanks! My hair is long and healthy because I take care of it myself. I have a great stylist, but I still only see her 2x a year.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

lacreolegurl

She let someone leave a relaxer on her hair for an hour??? :nono:

I know! When she said that she had that perm in for an hour, my mouth dropped. :cry::shocked:

This is why we have to learn to care for our own hair. Whether you have an awesome stylist or not. I've heard people say that mess about if the relaxer is burning, it's working. I'm natural now, but I've had chemical burns before...one in the same spot every single time I permed and it still took me years to getting through my head that this is not supposed to happen.

I'm sorry that happened to her. When you know better, you do better.:yep:

-PYT

I couldn't imagine feeling the sensation of my scalp BURNING ever again! The things we do for beauty :nono: She should re-think LIFE after this ordeal lol

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Who in there right mind let someone leave a relaxer on their hair for 1 hour! That was just dumb, talk about cause and effect...

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I couldn't imagine the pain. When I was in high school there was a girl who fell asleep with relaxer in her hair and came back to school with severe burns along her hairline.

Aireen

Huh? Did y'all watch the video? :huh: First of all, she looks young so even if "that was dumb" and "common sense should've came in", she could've been a teenager when this happened and we've all made mindless mistakes in our teens going into our 20s. Second, this was before her hair journey, she thought relaxers were supposed to burn and thought she was dealing with a professional - she chose to take the stylist's word over her intuition because of "prior knowledge". Third, she stated (via other videos) she went natural; she tried it out and I guess she wants to go back to relaxers. It's HER decision, as long as she doesn't let that mess happen again; it shouldn't due to the fact that she states in the video that she takes care of her own hair.

If I remember correctly, Shima has a similar story, has been both natural and relaxed (is now the latter) and is content with taking care of HER hair. It's not like the young lady in the OP's video continued to go to stylists to risk aggravating her tender scalp with relaxer. She sought help via hair sites and big chopped. If she prefers relaxers, it's her decision as long as she's able to accurately gauge the amount of time to leave it in and successfully maintain her hair and scalp's health. She states this happened two years ago, the condition of her current hair seems to show significant progress from the severe chemical burns she had.

I've seen people continue to use weaves and braids after they undergo serious damage from them and I don't see people insinuating that they're dumb. In reality though, those people need to leave the fake hair ALONE. Hmm anyway, I'm just saying it's a bit harsh for this particular case but everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess. :perplexed

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Why this say "yt salon horror story"? I didn't hear anything about white folk in the video or did I miss something?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

fifi134

Sorry, it's still her fault. I got my first relaxer at 9 up until I was 15, and I even know it shouldn't be on there that long.

She mentions at the beginning that the relaxer was on for over 30m which was "way too long btw". She knew it shouldn't have been on that long yet she waited another half hour for it to get rinsed out. What the heck do you think is gonna happen to your scalp after leaving a harsh chemical on for such an extended period of time?

She also says relaxers are not supposed to burn or hurt. If that's the case, why did she sit in the chair without saying anything? Sounds like she's pushing all the blame on the stylist when she should share some of it too.