Brazilian BlowOut/Dominican BlowOut

hothair

Brazilian blow out is probably a BKT treament. At least that's what its marketed as in the salons around me

tiffjust2002

I live in Cali and I went to L.A. to a Dominican Salon and got a blow out and the process she used was:

Washed my hair
Conditioned my hair
used some kind of setting lotion (I tried to see the bottle but I didn't have my glasses on)
roller set
sat under the hottest hooded dryer in the world I thought my scalp was on fire, I told her to turn it down, I had to sit under there for a little more than an hour
Next came the round brush and the hottest blow dryer known to man, when she got close to my edges it was almost unbearable, even though she only stayed in one spot for a few seconds but those few seconds were hot like fire.

Anyway overall the experience was not one I would do again, don't get me wrong my hair was fly but about 30 min later after walking outside it was starting to pouf up, I guess the humidity claimed it. So that convinced me that if I wear my hair straight I need a pressing comb to these roots and/or a flat iron for it to last. I just wanted to try something different....

Last edited:

DrC

I live in Cali and I went to L.A. to a Dominican Salon and got a blow out and the process she used was:

Washed my hair
Conditioned my hair
used some kind of setting lotion (I tried to see the bottle but I didn't have my glasses on)
roller set
sat under the hottest hooded dryer in the world I thought my scalp was on fire, I told her to turn it down, I had to sit under there for a little more than an hour
Next came the round brush and the hottest blow dryer known to man, when she got close to my edges it was almost unbearable, even thought she only stayed in one spot for a few seconds but those few seconds were hot like fire.

Anyway overall the experience was not one I would do again, don't get me wrong my hair was fly but about 30 min later after walking outside it was strating to pouf up, I guess the humidity claimed it. So that convinced me that if I wear my hair straight I need a pressing combing to these roots and/or a flat iron for it to last. I just wanted to try something different....

tiffjust2002

Wow!! All of that to get your hair straight?? And for only 30 minutes until it poofed? How much did you pay for it? Your hair didn't break out from all of that heat did it?

tiffjust2002

@tiffjust2002

Wow!! All of that to get your hair straight?? And for only 30 minutes until it poofed? How much did you pay for it? Your hair didn't break out from all of that heat did it?

I know right???? That's what I was thinking, I was thinking it seems like my regular air dry then press and quick flat iron is less heat than this but I don't know.

I went on a Tuesday when they had a special and I paid $35

No my hair wasn't damaged, I guess my hair is pretty healthy/strong, it doesn't break or damage easily only if I use a cheap hair dye lol

DrC

So you had to go through 3 stages of heat ( hooded dryer. blow dryer, and flat iron). Was your scalp tender after that??

tiffjust2002

So you had to go through 3 stages of heat ( hooded dryer. blow dryer, and flat iron). Was your scalp tender after that??

No, just two stages of heat, the hodded dryer and the blow dryer. They don't use flat irons. Their method is getting the hair straight with a roller set and then a blow out to your roots with the blow dryer.

And yes my scalp was tender from that high heat from the hooded dryer. The hooded dryer started out fine then as the time progressed it became hotter, I guess it was programmed like that.

Caychica

I did a Brazilian blow out a few weeks ago.

My stylist put a leave in keratin treatment in my hair, blow dried it then flat ironed. The process was just as "smokey" as the actual treatment lol. & when she finished it was DEAD STRAIGHT :grin:

When I washed my hair it reverted back to normal.