When one side of your hair is several inches longer than the other...

?

• Longer side grows faster

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Shorter side has retention issues

Votes: 38 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlwaysNatural

I put my hair in cornrows and applied a jbco, mn and garlic mix to the left side switching between that and megatek with ketoconazole inside interchanging the two for 30' days if not more, because of a 1-2 inch diff and both sides are now almost equal. I also treat that side first now.

The right I think is more looser while the left more kinkier due to the way I probably apply heat.

Last edited:

leiah

I don't have a length difference but the right side of my hair is denser. I always apply product to my left side first, braid my left side first, if i'm looking for split ends or just playing with my hair I always go for the left side. It gets way more manipulation.

AvaSpeaks

I have the same issues with a the parts over my ears. My right side grows faster than the left around the ear area.

However, as I read these comments, I see a lot of us saying that the faster growing side is less coarser or more looser than the slower growing side. I don't know, it makes me uneasy reading them because I just don't want us to fall back into that stereotype of saying that "looser hair grows faster". :nono:

rririla

So since this thread was bumped I have a question, my left side is growing longer than my right as usual, but I wanna know what you ladies think? Does it look bad enough that you think I should even it out, or can I get away with wearing it like this until I reach my goal of wl, and then cut it blunt? Also while we're at it, how many inches from waist length do you think I am...I feel like it's taking forevvverrrrrrrrrrr....sheesh! TIA for any input you lovlies might have for me....

Jjamiah, empressri, bebezazueta, curlymoo,phyl73. I am tagging you ladies especially bc we have had convos on the inbox lol....:look:

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Misseyl

When I was experiencing this it means that the shorter side was being over-processed which caused it to break. Now when I'm relaxing, I protect the already relaxed portion of my hair with vaseline so the breakage doesn't happen anymore.