Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
It's helpful to know it's not just me. I eat right and take my vitamins so I I know that's not the issue. However my hair has pretty much stopped shedding over the past month. It's actually kind of annoying because my hair is super thick at the roots now making it hard to comb.

OMG Ms Lala! Any day now! I'm so excited for you! Wishing you a safe delivery of a healthy lil one. And sending
(((easy labor vibes)))

JJamiah

Hello Ladies I am braided back up and under my Fantasia Wig :)
I feel so much better and plan on wearing my wigs until about April of 2012. I will wear it for 3 weeks then take it out Wash, deep condition and slap on a half wig :) then back up in braids for 3 weeks and same routine over until then.

I am shooting for WHIP Length :)

I am still on board for HL. I've just decided to ease off doing much, I've had a lot of length retention since my heavy trim in late May but my concern is thickness retention. No point in reaching almost hip once again with SKINNY ends. I will almost definitely be very near to hip by late December if not sooner but I need to find a way to keep my ends thick. Right now, I'm experimenting with curlformers as a way to avoid heat on most of my length (i still iron the roots, i consider it heat training :lol:)

Just went to the mirror to verify and I am at waist again, not full but the back is and the sides are midback. This is probably the third time in the past 3 years that I've been here and this time my hair is the most even it's been so fingers crossed I can continue with this evenness. The trims paid off I think.

Last edited:
I love it!

Hope everyone is doing well. I just deep conditioned my hair and later on tonight I am going to rollerset. My hair has been up in a bun these past few days. Fall is around the corner and I'm looking forward to better hair days. The spring and summer does a number of my hair and it frizzes up like crazy. I am still on the fence on whether to BKT or not. Yes I've read and heard all of the warnings LOL and that's why I haven't done it yet.
LOL, this is so me.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Looking for some motivation to do something to my hair today....blaaaahhh.

It's gloomy outside and inside. I feel a nap coming on.

NikkiGirl

I am still wearing my hair in braids. They are really not cute, but who cares, I am thinking long-term goals people. LOL. Anyway, I am comtemplating growing until the end of the year and cutting back to MBL and then growing for six months and in June, cutting back again and one more cut at year's end next year and hopefully by then I will have all the relaxed ends gone. I am not committed to it yet though. I washed my hair last night and braided it back up. I used Silicon Mix to condition and my hair feels super soft.

MariposaSexyGirl

Hey my long haired womenz how are yall? :lol:

I took a few pics. Not really moved about my progress. I just want my ends to be better ugh. They don't even lay right like they are suppose to. They just flip and flop. I really don't know how to explain it. I have light floaty hair which I wish was heavy,but it feels really healthy none the less. When you look at my pics you can see that my hair from my crown is a little shorter than the nape hairs. I did a very small dust after looking at the pics. Yeah I know I was suppose to put the scissors down until Dec :look:. But it's hard :sad:. I promise it was a really light dusting. Can't wait until my ends are as full as the rest of the part of my hair.

Attachments

• IMAG0789.jpg
    IMAG0789.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0790.jpg
    IMAG0790.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0788.jpg
    IMAG0788.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 84

Lucia

MariposaSexyGirl
Congratz on reaching HL
Don't worry about the slight unevenness those crown hairs will catch up, just put it up in a ponytail or bun or whatever style so you don't focus on it, the nape is your lead section.
You'll be full HL in no time.

tenderheaded

Congrats MariposaSexyGirl! You've got as whole lot of hair at hip length! I wish I had more than 3 strings, but I keep telling myself the slow growers will catch up!!

JJamiah

Hey my long haired womenz how are yall? :lol:

I took a few pics. Not really moved about my progress. I just want my ends to be better ugh. They don't even lay right like they are suppose to. They just flip and flop. I really don't know how to explain it. I have light floaty hair which I wish was heavy,but it feels really healthy none the less. When you look at my pics you can see that my hair from my crown is a little shorter than the nape hairs. I did a very small dust after looking at the pics. Yeah I know I was suppose to put the scissors down until Dec :look:. But it's hard :sad:. I promise it was a really light dusting. Can't wait until my ends are as full as the rest of the part of my hair.

MariposaSexyGirl

Beautiful as always :)

MariposaSexyGirl

OOOH, OOOH! Your hair is gorgeous MariposaSexyGirl and you are hiplength. I don't see anything at all wrong with your hair, it just looks fine in texture.

Thank you! Yes my hair is on the fine side with a little medium strands mixed in.

MariposaSexyGirl
Congratz on reaching HL
Don't worry about the slight unevenness those crown hairs will catch up, just put it up in a ponytail or bun or whatever style so you don't focus on it, the nape is your lead section.
You'll be full HL in no time.

Thanks Lucia! I will be keeping it bunned mostly. I checked out your fotki your hair is growing nicely and it's so full and thick.

Congrats MariposaSexyGirl! You've got as whole lot of hair at hip length! I wish I had more than 3 strings, but I keep telling myself the slow growers will catch up!!

Oh trust it will catch up. I remember when I only had a few strands touching lol.

Woohoo! Looking good @MariposaSexyGirl. Your hair looks fabulous! Congrats on Hip Length!! :woohoo:

Thanks! You look hawt in your siggy.

MariposaSexyGirl

Beautiful as always :)

Thanks JJamiah! How is your workouts going? You look thinner there in your siggy :yep:.

JJamiah

MariposaSexyGirl
Thank you! Yes my hair is on the fine side with a little medium strands mixed in.

Thanks Lucia! I will be keeping it bunned mostly. I checked out your fotki your hair is growing nicely and it's so full and thick.

Oh trust it will catch up. I remember when I only had a few strands touching lol.

Thanks! You look hawt in your siggy.

Thanks JJamiah! How is your workouts going? You look thinner there in your siggy :yep:.

I is I is LOL, BMI is 22. something right now, I have about 2 more lbs before I am DONE. LOL :D :woohoo:

I am now down to 3 days of work out a week and now have to pick up on those calories so I don't lose anymore. Since i am continuing my work out for healthy reasons :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thinking of @Ms Lala. Today's her due date. Praying all is well and there's a healthy, happy bundle safely delivered by now or very, very soon. :yep:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My poor hair has been neglected these last 2 wks preparing for myself and the kids going back to school. Plus I'm still stretching and don't like rushing when dealing with this much NG or any for that matter. Right now I'm about to DC on dry hair with Dabur Amla Oil and Praital Silk Worm Conditioner.

Sent from my Zio

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My hair is in about 8 braids, which I finally got around to oiling today. I'm really getting the urge to trim 2 to 2.5 inches because that's where my braids seem to go thin. I'm sure I must have more than that in relaxed ends but still, who wants thin ends. I don't want to have long hair with raggedy ends. That doesn't even sound cute. What to do? What to do? :perplexed

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy
Just dust and wait it out

Lucia, I've been dusting over the past few days. That's really why I'm feeling and noticing the ends of my braids. It seems so...harmless. :look:

On another note, I ordered and am STILL awaiting delivery of my 64 oz bottle of Afro Detangler. How about I get an email telling me that the 64 oz bottle is now $39.99? :perplexed Somebody owes me some money or a credit before I cancel my order or something. I can't knowingly pay $55 before receiving my order knowing that it can be purchased for $39.99. I feel cheated. Robbed. Hoodwinked. Run amuck. Shoooooot. I can buy some EVCO with that piece of change... or sum'n. :tantrum:

BostonMaria

Lucia, I've been dusting over the past few days. That's really why I'm feeling and noticing the ends of my braids. It seems so...harmless. :look:

On another note, I ordered and am STILL awaiting delivery of my 64 oz bottle of Afro Detangler. How about I get an email telling me that the 64 oz bottle is now $39.99? :perplexed Somebody owes me some money or a credit before I cancel my order or something. I can't knowingly pay $55 before receiving my order knowing that it can be purchased for $39.99. I feel cheated. Robbed. Hoodwinked. Run amuck. Shoooooot. I can buy some EVCO with that piece of change... or sum'n. :tantrum:

I've read stories about the Afro Detangler taking weeks or months to arrive. I hope that's not the case with your order. Let us know how you like it.

My ends look kinda crappy. I'm holding out till I hit hip length but these raggedy ends gotta go in January. It looks really awful. They just look dry and crispy LOL

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've read stories about the Afro Detangler taking weeks or months to arrive. I hope that's not the case with your order. Let us know how you like it.

My ends look kinda crappy. I'm holding out till I hit hip length but these raggedy ends gotta go in January. It looks really awful. They just look dry and crispy LOL

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Well, I realized that I'd ordered it before...way early in my hhj and thought it was just okay. But, I was relaxed then and not dealing with any detangling issues at all.

As for my ends, yeah I hear you. I intended to hold out til January and then get a really good trim but, I'm thinking, since I'm hiding my hair anyway, it might be better to cut and see decent ends when I finally do my reveal than to have my hair a little longer, raggedy and have to cut back for my reveal. *shrugs* I dunno. :perplexed

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So guess what I did? Clipped about an inch or so off of each of my 8 or 9 braids. No uniformity. No taking them down to make sure that I'm doing an even trim. Just straight trippin. Who knows what I'm gonna have when I take these braids down.
I'm hoping that since it's only an inch, it won't make that much of a difference, especially since my hair is layered.
What was I thinking?

Ah well. It is what it is.
It doesn't seem like much....total. :rolleyes:

FoxxyLocs

I'm thinking about heat training, or at least wearing my hair straight more often. My old styles just dont look the same at this length. Its much harder to blend all my textures (see blog post for details).

I'm thinking I will flat iron once a month and wear braided or twisted styles in between.

I finally got a good trim. My ends feel much better. I should be good until december. No pics cuz I'm in the HYH challenge.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Mz.MoMo5235

i might be hip bone length... i'll be doing an official length check pic today to find out. but the humidity in india is killing mmy straight hair do lol

oh yeah, sorry i've been m.i.a... th internet service out here sucks so bad!!!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

So guess what I did? Clipped about an inch or so off of each of my 8 or 9 braids. No uniformity. No taking them down to make sure that I'm doing an even trim. Just straight trippin. Who knows what I'm gonna have when I take these braids down.
I'm hoping that since it's only an inch, it won't make that much of a difference, especially since my hair is layered.
What was I thinking?

Ah well. It is what it is.
It doesn't seem like much....total. :rolleyes:

I've done this before and unless you're addicted to blunt ends you'll be fine, especially if you usually wear your hair natural or in up do's.

i'm thinking about going back to that method because this hunt for blunt ends have set me back so much :sad: