Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Next year is going to be interesting. I have lots of trimming planned to get rid of these layers and these bonelaxed ends. :ohwell:

ckisland

I know I'm pushing it, but as they say, "go big or go home!" :lachen: I'm trying to fall in LadyPaninolo's foot steps, so hopefully HL will be doable by my 4th year. :yep:

Current Length: BSB

Regimen: cowashing daily or every other day; possibly baggying at night; I'll try to bun most of the time, otherwise I'll be wearing wash n'goes

Plans: no heat (direct or indirect), not trying anyone else's reggie :rolleyes:, no trimming, sticking to a Primal lifestyle (ie. lots of protein and fats :lick: and daily exercise)

Hip Length Date: December 31, 2011

What are your plans for the rest of 2010? cowashing daily, lots of bunning, and no heat

Are you in any other challenges? MBL 2010, Fall/Winter Cowashing

Hair goal for this year: MBL by Dec

If I can get 1 hair to graze HL, I will be throwing myself a party :dance7: .

Last edited:
Add me to the list please Whimsy! :) I'm not quite at WL yet but I have faith that I will be there again by December!

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: Twists all the way for 7 months
Plans: Alternate between twists on blowdried hair and regular twists.
Moisturizing ends continue with S&D for single strand knots and ends hairs that are split
Hip Length Date: End of May 2011

bebezazueta

I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines and gaining inspiration from y'all beautiful heads of hair!

Just Wow!

Janet'

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to pop back in and say hello... I had to let LHCF go for a minute to concentrate on my school studies...I'm excited about the opportunity to even try to reach HL by the end of next year!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Bumpity Bump. Where are you long-haired Divas? Come out and play. Seems like things got quiet with the upgrades. Come out, come out, wherever you are. :)

Janet'

I definitely don't think that I qualify as a "long haired diva" but I'm back, I'm here and I'm ready for January 1, 2011!!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Girl, if you're going for HL 2011, you qualify as long-haired. And we know you're Diva. :lol: Glad to see your post. BTW, did I tell you that wedding updo was the bomb? Nice! And the streaks really made it nice. I was in your fotki. Where are you lengthwise stretched now?

Janet'

^^^Can I post my straight haired pictures in my fotki and not mess up in the HYH Challenge? If so, I will do that now!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Well, that's up to you but, uh..a..:sekret:... I think I'll stroll over to fotki to, uh...just browse around a bit. :look:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Oh the swaaaaang!! Go, mama! Looking REAL good. I see you doing the Electric Slide. Oh, I know that's what you guys are doing. That dance will NOT die!! LOL. Your hair looks great, Janet. Thanks for sharing.....er, uh...or not...;)

Janet'

Alright there are a few very small updates...The color did affect my retention, no doubt...But, I will take the hit and keep on going! On to MBL 2010!!!

Janet'

NJoy: It was the Cupid Shuffle...same thing, different song, lol!

Yeah, I'm really disappointed that I haven't retained as much as I could have. I mean, my sides have DEFINITELY caught up and my hair seems thicker, so I am very thankful for that...I just thought that I would be further along but I am going to up my vitamin intake and get back on my Boundless Tresses for the next 8 weeks and see where I end up December 31, 2010- 11:59 pm!!!

Whimsy

Hey ladies,

how is everyone doing?

Making steady progress I hope.

How are you wearing your hair for the next few weeks?

I find that now that I'm at my preliminary goal marker (WL), I want to wear my hair straight and enjoy the length. I think I may straighten a lil more often this winter. We will see how my hair reacts. If I notice any health backsliding I will quickly cut out the straightening.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
janet, Cupid Shuffle is better than the Electric Slide. A little more updated. lol

Whimsy, I'm sure I'll feel the same way that you do when I reach my goal. As for me, I'm still HMH under a 1/2 wig mostly.

Summer79

For the past few weeks morning sickness aka all day sickness has been kicking my butt so all I've been doing is cowashing and putting it in one big braid 3 or 4 times a week. Of course with some coconut or castor oil.

RZILYNT

MY Hair is a mess. I have decided to start transitioning. It appears that this go around with a different stylist, the ends of my hair continue to get processed after every touch up. My hair fills up the bowl when she is rinsing, this has to be the reason because I practically started over with new hair when she cut me from hip to apl 2 years ago. I am so over trying to have healthy relaxed hair. I will not bc, so I will still be around for the hl challenge, then afterwards start trimming to try to achieve natural hl, if I work that long with the two textures.

Janet'

Whimsy, these next 8 weeks, I am going hard with my protective styling, etc. I've got the Boundless Tresses ready to go! I've got two inches to get in 8 weeks to reach full MBL...I'm on a mission!

Dee Raven

Whimsy, I totally agree with you about wearing the hair straight. I'm straightening my hair right now, out of boredom with twist and I think I'm going to do it more often. Even if it slows me down a little bit, I can still reach hl by the end of next year. And I'm actually starting to feel like maybe my hair is too long at the length it is right now. I think I need to get bangs or layers around the face to change up the look a little bit. It's kind of flat and boring right now.

BostonMaria

Hey ladies,

how is everyone doing?

Making steady progress I hope.

How are you wearing your hair for the next few weeks?

I find that now that I'm at my preliminary goal marker (WL), I want to wear my hair straight and enjoy the length. I think I may straighten a lil more often this winter. We will see how my hair reacts. If I notice any health backsliding I will quickly cut out the straightening.

I usually wear my hair straight in the winter. It's just easier to deal with.

Whimsy

dee that's exactly how i felt when i straightened in september.
first off it took me FOREVER to straighten, then once it was done it just hung there like a sad sack of beans.

so i got mad layers cut into it and I feel SO much better about it! it moves, has body, bounce, is way lighter and quicker to straighten now too.

I think the layers will really make you fall in love with your hair at this length....

FEEL FREE TO POST SOME PICTURES
Dee Raven !!