My Theory on castor oil in regards to growth/thickness...

Iluvsmuhgrass

I really like the black castor oil but it's thick and syrupy (is that a word? haha) I use it on the perimeters of my hairline and on my ends at night and it's absorbed by morning. It's good schtuff!:)

Now my mom would say use it on your scalp (a good bit of it) to break up cold and pleghm. I did that and ended up with a hella-bad sinus infection (broke up but didn't come out).... should be ok if you dilute it? I dunno.

MsJellie

Castor oil is good stuff. I have a good friend of mine who has locs. Her hair grows fast. She told me that she just rubs castor oil, mixed with lavender essential oil for fragrance, on her scalp every day/every other day.

LondonDiva

You may wanna get your hands on the pure natural stuff. The castor oil that's clear/yellow sold in pharmacies has all the goodness extracted out of it.

I ordered mine from the US. (They are based in NY I think) Black Jamaiacan Castor Oil (now IMHO this is how real castor oil should look and smell)

http://www.sams247.com/detail.aspx?ID=13290

Avin'sMom2010

LondonDiva said:
You may wanna get your hands on the pure natural stuff. The castor oil that's clear/yellow sold in pharmacies has all the goodness extracted out of it.

I ordered mine from the US. (They are based in NY I think) Black Jamaiacan Castor Oil (now IMHO this is how real castor oil should look and smell)

http://www.sams247.com/detail.aspx?ID=13290

I just received mine in the mail TODAY can't wait to try it :)

sweetascocoa

the one i got from sam247 stinks. i used up the bottle but i wont buy it again. i just stick with the one i get from walmart and mix it with surge

jenteel

Plenty said:

There's this book that states jojoba oil also breaks up the fatty acids that are on the scalp. She also said that that sebum on the scalp is what stalls healthy hair.
Plenty!

that's why jojoba is good for oily skin!
gymfreak336 i love ur theory it makes soo much sense!:think:
thanks crissi for the post cuz i love castor oil!!!

LondonDiva

sweetascocoa said:
the one i got from sam247 stinks. i used up the bottle but i wont buy it again. i just stick with the one i get from walmart and mix it with surge

What was so stinky about it. It smelled of a very light nutty flavour to me.

Isis

EMJazzy said:
I know that's right

:lachen: :lachen:

This is so cute and so true! :rofl: