Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Leslie_C

Introducing...... Thing 2.

We're getting along a little better these days but Thing 1 and Thing 2 are still running things. When the rest of my hair is moisturized, this is how the front usually looks. I've been judging products based on how this part of my hair comes out.

daviine !!!All this time you have had me thinking thing 1 and thing 2 are some beasts lol. There it's nothing whatsoever wrong with your edges...smh. Your feature looks soft and pretty. If you want to see a true force to be reckoned with take a look at my wet freshly henna'd hair. If I can manage this ridiculousness, anybody can manage anything lol. If I don't band or braid it When it is wet, it shrinks up on my head in about 5 seconds!
.....ok so the app keeps crashing when I try you attach the pic so ill try later.
Ps thanks for the sweet compliment and yep that is my little man. He will be four in february...hard to believe!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121118_204745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121118_204745.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ForumRunner_20121118_204843.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121118_204843.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 51

MsDee14

Woohoo!!!!!!!! Insert celebratory smilies here bc I'm on my phone. :D

Thanks, girl!!

Introducing...... Thing 2.

We're getting along a little better these days but Thing 1 and Thing 2 are still running things. When the rest of my hair is moisturized, this is how the front usually looks. I've been judging products based on how this part of my hair comes out.

View attachment 177951

LOL at the labels on the pic. I think Thing 1 and Thing 2 look nice and they have some length!

Feels good, doesn't it?

It sure does!! :yep:

daviine

havilland said:
i had an hour long detangle session today...my hair was pissy and tangled and annoyed at me.

i just took my time and kept saying --woosah-- every time i hit a knot. i repeated to myself over and over "you can do this. it may take awhile, but where are you going anyway? you can get through this."

and so i did.

i finally got my hair detangled. put it in a ponytail and had to take a 4 hour break. i am about to aphogee 2 step now.
havilland
Why are you using aphogee 2 step? I have a sample pack but not sure when to break it out and how long to wait until next protein afterwards. I heard it was heavy duty.

Last edited:

daviine

Can't you guys see all the random fuzziness and undefinition (lol)? This drives me crazy because most of the rest of my hair crimps, coils, or curls and this part just doesn't. I washed and bunned my hair on Thursday so this is stretched out.

blue_flower

I washed my hair today. Unstretched the new growth is 2 inches; stretched it's 4 inches. Still not long enough to pull back. Ill be transitioning for a while. I'm deciding whether I should get 2 inches cut off in January.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
daviine just read your post on your thinning hair. I just wanted to send u a cyber hug and remind u we are here to support and encourage each other. Don't b shy about posting. We are here for u. (((((hugs))))

janeemat

@janeemat

Your hair looks really soft and moisturized.

janeemat

i had an hour long detangle session today...my hair was pissy and tangled and annoyed at me.

i just took my time and kept saying --woosah-- every time i hit a knot. i repeated to myself over and over "you can do this. it may take awhile, but where are you going anyway? you can get through this."

and so i did.

i finally got my hair detangled. put it in a ponytail and had to take a 4 hour break. i am about to aphogee 2 step now.

Wow Havilland...you are doing wonders. Does your hair still looks as good as in your siggy pic. You are around 15 months post now correct? Have you been using the 2 two aphogee? The last time a did a 2 step deep into my stretch (4 months) it turned into a tangle mess. Even my beloved Kenra Moisturizing poo did not melt the tangles. That was back in June when I lost a lot of hair. But it works wonders on freshly relaxed hair. So deep into a stretch, I have decided to just stick with reconstructors. Let me know how the aphoghee 2 step work out for you.

lana

Hmm, I'm so confused. I am a 4b texlaxer (almost mid back length) and I stretch my texlax's out - usually 2 or 3 times a year. I used to be natural for about 5 years... anyways I'm considering making the transition to natural.

It's already been 5 months and I haven't touched up the roots.

There is a major difference in detangling and straightening when I am texlaxed. I wear my hair straight - just about all the time! So I have to try some twists and braidouts to see if I want to rock that look.

I just need to make the decision to go natural again. Decisions, decisions!
Oh - most people are shocke and I mean shocked when they find out I'm not all the way natural...my hair looks like a natural flatiron or press. I love the thickness. But um, it's double this when I'm completely natural (not just the roots).

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just M&S my hair and put it into 4 ponytails until I get ready to go to clinicals tonight. That was a much needed M&S cause normally I used spray a liquid spray on my braids and rub oil in between my hands and slap it on my braids.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Can't you guys see all the random fuzziness and undefinition (lol)? This drives me crazy because most of the rest of my hair crimps, coils, or curls and this part just doesn't. I washed and bunned my hair on Thursday so this is stretched out.

It looks like this even after you clarify?

I washed my hair today. Unstretched the new growth is 2 inches; stretched it's 4 inches. Still not long enough to pull back. Ill be transitioning for a while. I'm deciding whether I should get 2 inches cut off in January.

Im wondering this also. That would be 6 months since my last cut and it would be so needed but also I am thinking about cutting it all off in the Spring so IDK.

daviine

ZebraPrintLover said:
It looks like this even after you clarify?

ZebraPrintLover
I haven't clarified in months. Do you think that would help? I just figured I needed a heavy duty moisturizer. I don't know but it's different than the rest of my hair plus it's the first thing people see since its in the front. The crown may have some fuzzy/frizzy/undefined strands in between defined strands too but idk because I can't see it lol.

This is part of the reason I haven't BCed yet.

Last edited:

havilland

@havilland
Why are you using aphogee 2 step? I have a sample pack but not sure when to break it out and how long to wait until next protein afterwards. I heard it was heavy duty.

i use it every 8 weeks, soon to go to 6 weeks, since i have been transitioning. mainly to help keep the ends fortified so they remain strong through this 3 year transition i am planning.

i can see from my latest detangling session that i need to step up my game. i am really going to have to deep con once or twice a week with heat and do heavy protein every 6 weeks.

my ends are not happy hanging on. after i did the treatment i can see a difference in all of my hair.

havilland

Wow Havilland...you are doing wonders. Does your hair still looks as good as in your siggy pic. You are around 15 months post now correct? Have you been using the 2 two aphogee? The last time a did a 2 step deep into my stretch (4 months) it turned into a tangle mess. Even my beloved Kenra Moisturizing poo did not melt the tangles. That was back in June when I lost a lot of hair. But it works wonders on freshly relaxed hair. So deep into a stretch, I have decided to just stick with reconstructors. Let me know how the aphoghee 2 step work out for you.

:lol: @ "does it still look as good as your siggy?":lol: ......i haven't seen her like that since August. i'll let you know. i am flat ironing her for the first time since summer for thanksgiving. my hair is def longer now. but i am cutting two inches off for the health of my hair. the texlaxed ends are just too thin to keep them hanging on any longer.

as for the aphogee two step, i had more problems BEFORE i used it than after.

my aphogee at this point in my transition is like a wedding vow renewal ceremony!...special guests are invited, it's long, it's dedicated and i'm there half the night.:lachen:
here is my aphogee 2 step routine at 18 months post ---

the key for me is to prepoo with oils overnight, :sleeping:

next day co wash and detangle, section the hair off and clarify with a gentle shampoo while hair is in braids, then undo one braid at a time to apply aphogee with an applicator bottle so i don't have to manipulate hair too much to apply it. rinse. :drunk:

then section again and deep condition with a moisturizing creamy conditioner (i usually use Hairveda products) and i add honey, olive oil, coconut oil, silk aminos, peppermint and rosemary to the conditioner to create a SUPER HULK MOISTURIZER :bling: and sit under the dryer for at least 30 minutes or more.

once i'm done. i apply more SUPER HULK mixture to the hair, let it cool and THEN rinse it out. apply creamy leave in and air dry over night.

next day my hair is a:littleang

janeemat

:lol: @ "does it still look as good as your siggy?":lol: ......i haven't seen her like that since August. i'll let you know. i am flat ironing her for the first time since summer for thanksgiving. my hair is def longer now. but i am cutting two inches off for the health of my hair. the texlaxed ends are just too thin to keep them hanging on any longer.

as for the aphogee two step, i had more problems BEFORE i used it than after.

my aphogee at this point in my transition is like a wedding vow renewal ceremony!...special guests are invited, it's long, it's dedicated and i'm there half the night.:lachen:
here is my aphogee 2 step routine at 18 months post ---

the key for me is to prepoo with oils overnight, :sleeping:

next day co wash and detangle, section the hair off and clarify with a gentle shampoo while hair is in braids, then undo one braid at a time to apply aphogee with an applicator bottle so i don't have to manipulate hair too much to apply it. rinse. :drunk:

then section again and deep condition with a moisturizing creamy conditioner (i usually use Hairveda products) and i add honey, olive oil, coconut oil, silk aminos, peppermint and rosemary to the conditioner to create a SUPER HULK MOISTURIZER :bling: and sit under the dryer for at least 30 minutes or more.

once i'm done. i apply more SUPER HULK mixture to the hair, let it cool and THEN rinse it out. apply creamy leave in and air dry over night.

next day my hair is a:littleang

LOL! This is certainly a ritual.....Queen of England wedding:lol:. So you are protecting in wigs?

daviine

I had been meaning to ask this for the longest but forgot. How often is everyone using protein and what conditioners are you using? If you have the time it'd be great if you could include your protein reggie like Havilland did (if you have one that is detailed or not self-explanatory). I think it would help current and future transitioners.

i use it every 8 weeks, soon to go to 6 weeks, since i have been transitioning. mainly to help keep the ends fortified so they remain strong through this 3 year transition i am planning.

i can see from my latest detangling session that i need to step up my game. i am really going to have to deep con once or twice a week with heat and do heavy protein every 6 weeks.

my ends are not happy hanging on. after i did the treatment i can see a difference in all of my hair.

havilland

Since about September, I have been using protein conditioners weekly. First I was using Dudley's Hair Rebuilder and then it was Motions CPR Reconstructor. I just finished the CPR so I'll need to look for a new protein conditioner.

I hadn't decided when I was going to use the Aphogee but I guess I'll do it sometime this week or next week and then use only moisturizing conditioners for a few weeks. I'm still not sure.

My protein reggie (probably will change soon)

-prepoo with castor oil and coconut oil, apply neem oil to scalp for 5 minutes (nearly every wash-- protein or not)
-wash with diluted shampoo or As I Am Coconut Cowash
-apply protein conditioner, especially on relaxed ends
-sit under heat for 10 minutes-- it takes me about five minutes to thoroughly apply protein conditioner so that's about 15 minutes or so
-DC for 30 minutes with moisturizing conditioner, oil, and honey (I hate this part! I wanted to use a rinse out conditioner instead so i wouldn't have to jump in and out of shower but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. )

havilland

LOL! This is certainly a ritual.....Queen of England wedding:lol:. So you are protecting in wigs?

the whole thing takes me about an hour and a half once i start with the aphogee, but it's really a day and a half process. i really should send out formal invitations to my aphogee two step ceremony...it's ridiculous. :lachen:

i usually prepoo over night, wash in the morning when i wake up and then do the aphogee that evening. it's a bit much, but i am dedicated hard core to keeping this hair on my head so i can have some length. i work and have a family so i have to break the regi up in steps so i can make it all happen.

and yes....i protect in wigs or buns. wigs for me work better in winter. now that it's cold i am wearing them more.

Leslie_C

My internet isn't working and they are supposed to come fix it tomorrow...so I'm on my phone and it's driving me crazy that I cant multiquote lol.

QUESTION: I'm looking to try a few higher end moisturizers and deep conditioners by taking advantage of some black friday sales.....do any of you guys have any suggestions? Have any of you tried silk dreams?

havilland what are your fave hairveda products? Are they having a bf sale?

daviine I guess I just dont see the big deal about thing 2 because that is what most of my hair looks like lol. Ive learned to accept it and as long as it is soft and growing I'm happy.Im starting to think I dont have a curl pattern at all except around my ears and nape bc I figured if I did it would have started showing by now. I don't let it get me down though, ive come too far too turn back now! I promised myself to love whatever it is that grows out of my head...and ive become amazed that even the kinkiest, most coarse hair in the world can be soft with the right care. There are so many ways to get a uniform pattern by setting with different size braids and twists... Your hair is gonna be gorgeous no matter what chica so chin up! Don't psych yourself out, you have got this!

Leslie_C

daviine I was supposed to be responding to the protein question and got all off the subject lol.

I only do a hard protein on an as needed basis....I'm cautious with it because I used to think I was protein sensitive when I was relaxed.
Every other week I'll use a mild protein....ORS replenishing conditioner or aphogee 2 minute keratin tx. The ORS acts more like a moisture dc so I don't follow it with anything, but the aphogee leaves my hair a tad hard so I follow it with a moisturizing dc. So I prepoo overnight or for 30 minutes under a heat cap with EVCO, shampoo with CON Argan Oil shampoo, condition with the 2 min keratin, rinse, then apply whatever moisturizing dc l feel like using. I dc with great for 30-45 min. Rinse with cool water. Final rinse is an acv rinse.

I used to do the ors every week and it was my fave dc...but since I discovered shea moisture deep treatment I alternate those. I like to use the shea moisture on dry hair. It works better that way for me. I have it in right now as a matter of fact! In the am I'm gonna take the littler on to preschool beanie style with celies underneath...then come home and finish my hair lol.

havilland

My internet isn't working and they are supposed to come fix it tomorrow...so I'm on my phone and it's driving me crazy that I cant multiquote lol.

QUESTION: I'm looking to try a few higher end moisturizers and deep conditioners by taking advantage of some black friday sales.....do any of you guys have any suggestions? Have any of you tried silk dreams?

@havilland what are your fave hairveda products? Are they having a bf sale?

i use a lot of the whole line.

Amla Cream Rinse as my non sudsing cleanser. it removes everything from my hair but leaves it soft and fluffy. LOVE IT!

Moisture Pro which is her light protein condish.

Moisture 24/7 which is a light moisturizing condish good for cowashing and rinse out and also as a leave in. great if you are using the curly girl method too.

Buzzy Izzie's Buttered Up - creamy moisturize. i use this on my hair and my son's.

Sitrinillah deep moisture treatment - i love this deep conditioner because it works well without heat. so it is perfect for times you want to deep con without a dryer or on the go. (plastic cap under a wig)

Hydra Silica Tea Mist - as a curl refresher and first step moisturizer, i use this on my hair and my son and then top with the Buttered Up.

Those are all the prods i use almost daily or weekly. i use other things too but Hairveda is my staple and as much as i hate the slow shipping, nothing has compared for my hair. i try new stuff all the time but always come back to HV.

black friday sale is 10-30% off plus a 10% coupon. :grin:

Mjon912

Hmm, I'm so confused. I am a 4b texlaxer (almost mid back length) and I stretch my texlax's out - usually 2 or 3 times a year. I used to be natural for about 5 years... anyways I'm considering making the transition to natural.

It's already been 5 months and I haven't touched up the roots.

There is a major difference in detangling and straightening when I am texlaxed. I wear my hair straight - just about all the time! So I have to try some twists and braidouts to see if I want to rock that look.

I just need to make the decision to go natural again. Decisions, decisions!
Oh - most people are shocke and I mean shocked when they find out I'm not all the way natural...my hair looks like a natural flatiron or press. I love the thickness. But um, it's double this when I'm completely natural (not just the roots).
Hey I'm not sure of my hair type but I'm a texlaxer too...well I was, I just decided to transition to natural so I'm about 14 weeks post...I always wear my hair straight and was wondering how did you go natural before? BC or long transition, I plan on doing a long transition, like 2-3 years, with roller setting and flat ironing my roots so I can continue to wear my hair straight. Do you have any tips, I've been reading everything I can but I'm always trying to find out more :yep:

Mjon912

Hi ladies, I have a quick question, as far as light protein would LeKair cholesterol plus be fine weekly or should I use letting else, I've been using this for years every week as my deep condition

ResultsMayVary

If majority of your straight hair has broken off from transitioning and now only about 17.6% of your head is really transitioning, which you keep solely to keep your top bun full, are you still transitioning? Lol :rolleyes:

MystiqueBabe

If majority of your straight hair has broken off from transitioning and now only about 17.6% of your head is really transitioning, which you keep solely to keep your top bun full, are you still transitioning? Lol :rolleyes:

LOL this is me right now. I am just keeping some of the relaxed ends so I can make a decent looking bun without pieces sticking out. My relaxed ends feel like straw and are dry, brittle, and split. They just won't retain or hold on to moisture. I want to straighten my hair for Christmas but the relaxed ends just look so horrible lol. I might as well just chop them off when I straighten I really can't take it anymore.

Looks like I won't be having access to my camera for the next couple of days but I did BC the back of my hair with still some relaxed pieces that I missed and will cut them off tonight.

Leslie_C

ResultsMayVary lmao that is SOO ME!!! I still have a lot in the front and the bottom layer in the back, but my back middle is a pretty good amount natural. I'm going to straighten for Christmas just to see if it looks like a mullet and if so Ill be cutting a couple inches off the sides and bottom layer in the back to shape it up a little. These areas grow the fastest anyway so combine that with breakage in the middle and that equals a mullet! I, too continue to hold on for the sake of decent buns and updos!