AALIYAHS Hair Regimen (What do you think)

Mz.MoMo5235

She just wants some babies with that 'water and gel' hair with the baby hurr.
If you are light and 'good haired' you are automatically cute. Duh!!!!

Get the memo @Mz.MoMo5235 !

:lachen:

Girl I get that memo every week!!! And evey week I through it out when I see a busted lightskinned water in gel' with the baby hurr walking the street thinking they're the badest cause some fool told them that.

Until the memo becomes fact I will throw it in the trash every week! :lachen:

I swear the guys got is worse though! All in my face with some stank breath and crooked teath talking about "Girl dont you know? I'm the hottest thing out here? We can make cute babies with my pretty eyes"

Oh yes, your eyes are very green, but one is looking at me and the other is looking at the stars... No, I will not do that to my future child! :lol:

empressri

u could tell Aaliyahs MOM was mixed by juding her photos but that doesn't make aaliyah mixed.

Girl...I hate to say this....but you cannot tell that anyone is mixed unless they tell you so.

Aaliyah's mom looks like she could be any one of my cousins, and we're black.

empressri

I loooved Aaliyah. Back in the day I got that skirt she wore, the one with the slit? I styled my hair like hers, and all. You couldn't tell me nothing.

I'm older now and from what I see about hair, I'm more impressed with a few heads on LHCF, if I'm going to make a comparison to hers. Hell, from taking care of my own hair, I grew it longer than hers.

Still in all, I have not one bad thing to say about Aaliyah.

lawdy now I'm watching her videos on youtube. Oooh these were the good ole days.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Girl...I hate to say this....but you cannot tell that anyone is mixed unless they tell you so.

Aaliyah's mom looks like she could be any one of my cousins, and we're black.

Yep.:yep: Ppl think i'm mixed simply bc my mom looks biracial (B/W) but both of her parents are black...she just came out very light skinned....and both of my parents are Black...so you can't tell just by looking at a person:nono::nono::nono:

empressri

Yep.:yep: Ppl think i'm mixed simply bc my mom looks biracial (B/W) but both of her parents are black...she just came out very light skinned....and both of my parents are Black...so you can't tell just by looking at a person:nono::nono::nono:

People think I'm mixed all of the time. Either they're speaking Spanish, Arabic, or Creole to me. I'm used to it so I don't take offense, but that "You look mixed" sh*t irks me to no end. What the hell does "mixed" "look like"???

I know people that are mixed, and unless they tell you, you'd never know.

SmilingElephant

People think I'm mixed all of the time. Either they're speaking Spanish, Arabic, or Creole to me. I'm used to it so I don't take offense, but that "You look mixed" sh*t irks me to no end. What the hell does "mixed" "look like"???

I know people that are mixed, and unless they tell you, you'd never know.

empressri Funny story...A really good friend of mine..when i met her in middle school i thought she was "high yella" like my mom and had "good hair" (yes...i too was pretty ignorant at one point)....until we got in high school and i hear her speak Spanish for the first time..:shocked: We actually got a job together and bc she sounded so "black"...it would freak me out when she'd burst into spanish:lachen: Til one day i told her "LOOK:look:....imma need you to warn me when you bout to speak spanish...you be catchin me awf gawd!:lachen::lachen::lachen:" She's Hondurian.

So yeah...you'd never know just by looks:rofl:

empressri

empressri Funny story...A really good friend of mine..when i met her in middle school i thought she was "high yella" like my mom and had "good hair" (yes...i too was pretty ignorant at one point)....until we got in high school and i hear her speak Spanish for the first time..:shocked: We actually got a job together and bc she sounded so "black"...it would freak me out when she'd burst into spanish:lachen: Til one day i told her "LOOK:look:....imma need you to warn me when you bout to speak spanish...you be catchin me awf gawd!:lachen::lachen::lachen:" She's Hondurian.

So yeah...you'd never know just by looks:rofl:

SmilingElephant lmao!!!! girl please, my fiance's best friend!!! he's blue black, and his behind broke out in spanish, and I did a double take...SO was like he's Panamanian lol.

JJamiah

I loooved Aaliyah. Back in the day I got that skirt she wore, the one with the slit? I styled my hair like hers, and all. You couldn't tell me nothing.

I'm older now and from what I see about hair, I'm more impressed with a few heads on LHCF, if I'm going to make a comparison to hers. Hell, from taking care of my own hair, I grew it longer than hers.

Still in all, I have not one bad thing to say about Aaliyah.

lawdy now I'm watching her videos on youtube. Oooh these were the good ole days.

I definitely wore that skirt TO DEATH :lachen: :giggle:

HUH, it was definitely the good old days. I wore my hair in every other way but like that. I think I was tired of the look by the time I saw it on her never the less, I wore it too death several years after and got tired of it again.

Aaliyah was a very talented woman. Tracks or REAL, if we here at LHCF can do it, She could have too. It isn't impossible sometimes she had her own or, wore tracks and at the end of the day SO! She had style and class something a few people here lack! You can't buy that at the BSS!

empressri

So am I to understand its possible to heat train hair? Because some people act like its the devil...

It's definitely possible to heat train hair. Honestly...on my head I look at it as heat damage because my curls won't revert, but for someone else i.e. my best friend that will always want to wear her hair straight, I told her she should just grow out her relaxer and flat iron instead, cause that relaxer is wearing down her edges.

I had heat trained hair before and kept my hair in good condition. But like I said, straight it was the ish, curly? Not so much.

greenandchic

It's definitely possible to heat train hair. Honestly...on my head I look at it as heat damage because my curls won't revert, but for someone else i.e. my best friend that will always want to wear her hair straight, I told her she should just grow out her relaxer and flat iron instead, cause that relaxer is wearing down her edges.

I had heat trained hair before and kept my hair in good condition. But like I said, straight it was the ish, curly? Not so much.

This^

My heat trained hair was all that, but I wore my hair straight most of the time. If I wanted to take a week off of straightening it, on vacation, beach, pool, etc, my hair was limp and lifeless. :nono: